[Drama 2017] Witch at Court 마녀의 법정

Go Seung Ji

Soompi K-Pop/K-Drama News
Viki Inc.
FR“Witch’s Court” Ends With Its Highest Ratings Yet
Witchs-Court.jpeg

KBS2’s Monday-Tuesday drama “Witch’s Court” concluded its run with its highest-ever ratings.

On November 29, Nielsen Korea released the viewership ratings for Tuesday evening dramas. The last episode of “Witch’s Court,” which aired on November 28, achieved 14.3 percent nationwide. This was a notable increase from the penultimate November 27 episode, which recorded 11.9 percent.Other dramas in the same time slot include SBS’s “Oh, the Mysterious,” which achieved 4.5 percent and 4.9 percent, and MBC’s “Two Cops,” which marked 3.3 percent and 3.6 percent, on November 28. Both dramas aired their first episodes on November 27, and experienced a decrease in ratings on November.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I m back to bid goodbye to my one of the favorite.. It's always so sad to bid goodbye to the dramas..

The last episode was just perfect.. The monster payed for his sins.. I was terrified for a moment that the monster would get away by taking off his life.. The monster got what he deserved.. His after life in prison was a sheer hell!! Which he deserved!! The way he justified himself without a remorse of anything he did was just soo disgusting.. I was appalled to watch it!!.. The way monster saw BSH,i know it was his delusion.. Y wud BSH come to get him, even though he was faithful to this monster, he got the worst end!! Y wud he pity him after the death!! 

Spoiler

2fiTikU.png

I loved how the writer kept MYD's character consistent.. The way she had the sassiness n witchiness!!.. The dark lipstick confident MYD who had her own way of dealing things.. She had her own bitter past that is her mom.. But I was happy that she got reunited with her mom.. She was not soo kind but she had humanism.. I loved her showing the true nature of humans Who make mistakes even though they r confident!! MYD was just perfect character!! 

wBEIMFr.jpg

YJW was the perfect fit for MYD.. YJW was like a calm wind to the hot MYD.. He was righteous even to the point to prosecute his own mother n help others.. YJW was kind but not a pushover.. He didn't allow MYD to push on him but at the same time he cared for her.. He was like the warmth much needed for MYD.. 

rfDWNlS.jpg

The other members of CAGU got their happy endings which made me happy..the writer didn't leave them alone!! 

Finally!! Again our OTP r together tackling the evils..

Spoiler

99bydvN.jpg

The kiss of OTP was just a role reversal.. But I wasn't expecting this too coz there wasn't much development to the OTP.. I loved the climax of OTP.. It didn't feel forced romance for me.. But surely there is disappointment over the wastage of chemistry of the OTP.. 

Spoiler

4pFiuDD.jpg

Hope we get a season 2 of WC where the OTP romance n them tackling more cases.. Chaebal!! Plz season 2 with same cast!! 

GOJYlRt.jpg

ok guys,

u have to read this

"He continued, “I think Jung Ryeo Won was able to find her own strengths through this drama. I believe she will have gained more confidence in herself and her acting. Ma Yi Deum was a good experience for her acting career. She’s an actress worthy of the ‘Actress of the Year’ award.”

Spoiler

On November 28, chief producer Ji Byung Hyun of the KBS Monday-Tuesday drama “Witch’s Court” held an interview on the drama’s successful run.

The drama initially began its run with the lowest ratings compared to other dramas that were airing in the same time slot. However, it eventually achieved first place in its time slot and concluded with its highest ratings ever.

Ji Byung Hyun stated, “I feel satisfied now that the drama has ended. I’m happy that the results of the drama were good.” He attributed the drama’s success to the script, directing, but most of all to the actors, and highly praised lead actress Jung Ryeo Won.

He explained, “Jung Ryeo Won is an actress who brings her fellow actors’ strengths to life, and brings a cheerful energy on set. For instance, she created the character of Chief Gu. Chief Gu is originally a very comic character, but Jung Ryeo Won really enjoyed the character’s grumbling and nagging, and suggested, ‘Let’s continue with this.’ When she worked with Yoon Hyun Min, she also picked out his character’s strengths and suggested they highlight them.”

He continued, “I think Jung Ryeo Won was able to find her own strengths through this drama. I believe she will have gained more confidence in herself and her acting. Ma Yi Deum was a good experience for her acting career. She’s an actress worthy of the ‘Actress of the Year’ award.”

Ji Byung Hyun also praised Yoon Hyun Min and stated, “He’s an incredibly sincere actor. He always brought his script with him and continuously discussed things. Because he’s so polite it made everyone want to treat him even better. When the production crew was tired he was the one who gave us strength.”

If you haven’t already, watch the latest episode below!

https://www.soompi.com/2017/11/28/witchs-court-cp-praises-jung-ryeo-wons-ability-develop-drama-characters/

And so it is folks, here we are at the finale. All's Well That Ends Well as they'd say~

It took some 16 bloody long ep. to get there but yup Gabsoo FINALLY gets his just desserts. Life in prison is about to get very small as his ex secretary & nephew are all in the same space. And that ******* Gabsoo wah still remain unrepentant to the end! His plea at court argh I just wanted to vomit:crazy: So smug and cocky<_< I cried along with Ideum's Mom *gosh* that was a very sweet yet tender moment... 

Who got goosebumps at Ideum's closing argument!? Woo that woman can sure deliver:D 

:w00t:AHAHAH even Gabsoo's lawyer gave up on him!!!:w00t: 

Oh of course we all can't stop there now can we LoL!? The long awaited OTP scene f Jinwook-Ideum happened...at last. YES THANK YOU DRAMA. I like how Jinwook teased Ideum with the same passing out after kiss thing heh. OMFG can we talk about how sexy he looked when he's drunk!?:wub: 

A lot of comments I see are requesting for another season:wink: Not exactly goin' to hold my breath but had fun on this thread reading everyone's posts as well as sharing mine. It's been fun, TC XO y'all.... Happy Hols & a Happy 2018!:D

4 hours ago, aisling said:

Was anyone else a bit disappointed that Gap Soo didn’t turn out to be YD’s father? 

I was waiting and thought it would be the final brutal twist to beat down our heroine. 

Save for SEASON 2

i heard Knetz wanted S2 happen..

and international fans too..

i think they save some, for S2.

When I started this, I didn't expect to stick throughout the end and wait anxiously for the next episode like it's essential for breathing, but yunno how kdramas can capture a person's heart and make us fall in love with it even when we do NOT want to. Witch's Court was like that to me.

In real life, Yi Deum would be an assy bff to have; savage, utterly hopeless when a victim, emotion-less and literally the bad girl in any story. But as a character, she has captured my heart like no other drama heroine may ever have. Yes, some of the cases in the drama was bull, I won't say otherwise. But I stayed for Yi Deum, the most adorable OTP and Mom. And that worked. Because I fell in love with the OTP, with their individual characters and personality and with the OSTs, cuz what kdrama doesn't have a wonderful OST?

Anyway, I did wait anxiously for every episode, hoping for a glimpse of the OTP and I'm glad to say, although the romance was wasted, it was totally worth it, sitting for hours and watching it from the start to the end. I'm glad I watched it and although I haven't participated in the thread, I absolutely loved every moment of it.I'm glad I used my studying hours watching this and threw my kdrama hiatus out the window.

:grin:

Anyway, thanks for all the promos and spoilers and everything. I really enjoyed it and I will definitely miss it.

Here's a cookie for everyone who will be suffering from the kdrama withdrawals. 

:cookie:

http://www.dramabeans.com/2017/11/witchs-court-episode-15/

Witch’s Court: Episode 15

by Helcat

WC15_00682.jpg

COMMENTS

No, Mom, no! Jo Gap-soo is a cornered rat at this point, and I’m not looking forward to what he might do out of desperation. Or insanity. Because he’d have to be insane to think that kidnapping or killing Mom right now is going to help him in any way, other than to satisfy preemptive revenge.

Overall, I have found this show to be… exasperating. Not because it’s bad, but because I wanted it to be so much better than it was. In particular, I wanted it to be better for Jung Ryeo-won. Ma Yi-deum has cemented her place as my favorite K-drama heroine of this year, and I’m just sad that she was stuck in the middling drama that Witch’s Court turned out to be. Yi-deum is brash, smart (and a smart-richard simmons), determined and charismatic. But she’s also manipulative, morally grey, selfish and reckless. I adore her. I am impressed that the drama managed to create a tour de force personality like Yi-deum, and frustrated that it stumbled so hard on the rest of the drama. After a brilliant premiere and a few interesting insights into sexual assault cases, the show has settled in the doldrums for many weeks now. The focus on the bad guys drained the show of tension, and our heroes and villains are running around each other carrying out the most eye-rolling or simplistic plans. Threads have been dropped (what happened to Yi-deum’s childhood friend?) or never fully explored (why do we care about Lawyer Heo again?) and it has resulted in a very lopsided drama.

On the other hand, an episode of Witch will always have something good in it too. Like the team getting back together—I didn’t think I would, but I have missed the familial and funny vignettes our team brought to the show. So it was lovely to see them get a good outing in this episode as we come to the close. Mom’s amnesia means that she didn’t just abandon Yi-deum for noble idiocy reasons—and raises the intriguing possibility that Yi-deum genuinely did see Mom in the fog that night as a teenager. I also felt moments of genuine triumph this week—like when Jin-wook, Min, and Yi-deum stood outside watching their prey Jo Gap-soo inside the interrogation room. I have also loved seeing Min and Yi-deum come to a better understanding, and place of empathy, for each other—every shared look and private strategy they came up with together shouted that these two are finally working in sync. Yi-deum and Min are the only ones who have really gone through hell and back trying to catch Jo Gap-soo—not even Jin-wook can match them for length and intensity of hatred.

WC15_00640.jpg

WC15_00671.jpg

Which was the other great thing about this episode—Yi-deum and Jin-wook. Here are two people that shouldn’t work as well together as they do. They were so cute last week, and today their deeper connection is on display. It speaks volumes that Yi-deum was willing to let go of the reins of her mother’s investigation so quickly, simply because it was Jin-wook that they were being handed to. She trusts him fully, even knowing that Jin-wook will need to sacrifice his own mother for Mom’s justice. In that heartfelt conversation between the two, finally there was the raw emotion that I was looking for. Yi-deum understands the magnitude of Jin-wook’s task, and rather than issuing demands, or ignoring his feelings, Yi-deum honestly acknowledges how difficult this will be for him. This is not the same Yi-deum from the start of the drama, but a more thoughtful woman. I’m not sure what this means for their relationship, though, because Jin-wook didn’t go to Yi-deum for comfort after he confronts his own mother. Perhaps because he feels alone in his grief or because a small part of him blames Yi-deum for exposing his mother’s misdeeds, perhaps because he feels that it would be a betrayal of Yi-deum and her Mom to mourn his own mother after what she did. Probably for all of those reasons.

But just as Jin-wook is losing his mother, Yi-deum is getting hers back. Jin-wook worshipped his mother, and she was the prominent influence on the good person he became—and he has had the tragic misfortune of seeing his idol brought low. At the same time, everything that Yi-deum has learned about her mother has proven that Mom was a great and strong person who stood up for what she believed in. It is ironic that the person Jin-wook thought his mom was (and desperately wanted her to be) is the person that Yi-deum’s mom actually was—and Yi-deum doesn’t care. Yi-deum didn’t want Mom to be good—she wanted Mom to be there, beside her, during those missing years. And Dr. Ko was a large part of the reason Mom was gone. While it’s true that Dr. Ko made a grievous mistake years ago, and is paying dearly for it now, I am hoping that her redemption arc brings Jin-wook closure (or that he finds comfort in Yi-deum’s arms!). Because I don’t think I can watch him cry like that again.

(me; sorry, for randomly chose just the pics that i did best define this ep in its raw sentiments).

other pics in the spoiler of OTP moments.

Spoiler

WC15_00750.jpg

in fact other than this above which shown their cheering each other often in case, congrat each, shared little joy in between wins... there is another scene which i liked a lot, ... she looked at JW, and JW nodded, at all times, a word or a half said sentence, or even just a look, JW reads her well.. i loved that she gave JW that gaze, and JW returned with acknowledgment.

Helcat:
Lawyer Min cautions that they don’t want anyone to know the diary has been lost (which makes it difficult to search Jo’s place) but Yi-deum turns to Jin-wook and states there might be a way. Jin-wook smiles and mysteriously asks, “Is it time to collect on our insurance?”

WC15_00444.jpg

WC15_00445.jpg

this couple, shine the brightest when they oozed understanding of each other, guessing rightly what the other think, during working together.... at times, even their gazes on and off, oozed charm and sizzled in feverish hot chemistry, as if at any given time, just one look, and you know what i meant, that returned smile.... is wahtever vitamin boost they need for each other in midst of heavy load.

my thoughts in another spoiler

Spoiler

(me: if KBS2 did not give them a Season2, jsut for the chemistry even for working together, what's a waste, of coz we will needs to see a few level Ups of their flirtations and OTP cheesy moments.. and oh, skinships... what's waste for the surprising chemsitry between RyeoWon and HyunMin, if they bring it on to the fullest, i bet they can even be nominated for Best Couple in KBS award 31th Dec 2017. what's shame the lacking of interaction as a couple (not just colleague and friend) failed in second half of show will not grant them that. i dare say their chemistry is one of the finest in KBS show this year, even with the lacking of hot hugs, hand holding, hot kisses, deep loving gazes.. yet you can feel the affection strong thru just occasional glance... what a waste of a good pairing, that show a relationship that grown unexpectedly thru being 'enemy" to being neighbor, to colleague, to friend, before unknowling into loving each other subtly. all, without even a "i love you' till the end of show, yet you felt every interaction of bickering and quarreling that they care soo much for each other. Love felt, not just heard nor said. JW's style. )

of late, i am not ready to write any finale notes, maybe my way of delaying and prolonging saying good bye to Ideum. just like Helcat, she Ideum happened to be my best character this year. Rin of TehKingLoves is my faviourite male character, then Ideum is my fav female character..

KBS Award, i will be around, cheering for both Ideum's witch's court and the other fav drama 7DayQueen, its really hard to choose.. as both female character really shone the bset in this year dramas.

https://www.soompi.com/2017/11/30/cast-witchs-court-share-thoughts-drama-wraps/

Cast Of “Witch’s Court” Share Their Thoughts After Drama Wraps Up

The cast of “Witch’s Court” have bid farewell to their beloved drama!

The Monday-Tuesday drama wrapped up earlier this week on a ratings high, taking the No. 1 position in its time slot despite competition from new dramas.

Through his agency JS Pictures, Yoon Hyun Min said, “I had many happy times living as Yeo Jin Wook [his character name]. It was a difficult production where every episode was like climbing a mountain, but I think that I have matured as both a person living in this age and as an actor. Thanks to everyone who showed ‘Witch’s Court’ love, I was able to overcome these difficult missions. It was really a magical production for me, and it’s hard to let go of a character like Jin Wook after so long.”

Through her agency KeyEast, Jung Ryeo Won said, “‘Witch’s Court’ is finally over. I hope that I can see you again with good news. Thank you to everyone for cheering on the character Ma Yi Deum in her growth.”

Through her agency Fly Up Entertainment, Kim Min Seo said, “I think that meeting a character like Heo Yoon Kyung was an opportunity for me to grow as an actor. It was a very thankful and precious time. Because of everyone’s love, we were able to complete filming happily. From the viewers to the cast and crew who worked tirelessly day and night, I want to say thank you.”

Through her agency UL Entertainment, Choi Ri said, “I was very happy this autumn to have met the production ‘Witch’s Court’ and acted as the character Seo Yu Ri. I was lacking in many things but with the help of the director, the writer, and the cast and crew, I was able to enjoy myself. Thank you for loving the occasionally tactless but cheerful prosecutor Seo Yu Ri and ‘Witch’s Court.'”

cr. soompi

edit: actually i was wishing that since the ratings is very closed to the15% viewership ratings promise for "Witch's Court", i really hope the YeoGeom and his team will gift a Food truck to the real CAGU (women/child sexual crimes) prosecutor team in korean. they are actually thinking that this promise really shown they understand the hardship of real prosecutors in courts.
KBS2 pls show some gestures and let our casts go to deliver the food truck to prosecutor office.

23 hours ago, heartoppaya said:

:cookie:

@heartoppaya this is totally off-topic,not related to WC. but i am glad a Legend (yourself) is watching WC silently... so i will keep in spoiler,

Spoiler

@heartoppaya i had a shock in the first place seeing your nice, since i am a fan (worshipper) of all healer-era's Legends, @cmoirae2 was the only one i did contacted from that project. you guys, you all do not know me, but i adore you guys like crazy, you, kanyaprasetyo, briseis, cmoirae2, mywebfoot, just to name a few. those are the times which will never repeat itself, that project was what brought me from dramabeans to here.
recently was in the this very down melo mood, and i actually teared upon reading that healer-international project banner. thanks for bringing back some fond memories before i go into a deeper hiatus.

that site will always hold a special place in my heart, recently i see anything regards Healer, and i felt like tearing up... melo mood returns of late, and your banner hit at the right strings....

i guess you remembered this. http://morumoruisland.blogspot.sg/.

you said. " In real life, Yi Deum would be an assy bff to have; savage, utterly hopeless when a victim, emotion-less and literally the bad girl in any story. But as a character, she has captured my heart like no other drama heroine may ever have. Yes, some of the cases in the drama was bull, I won't say otherwise. But I stayed for Yi Deum, the most adorable OTP and Mom. And that worked. Because I fell in love with the OTP, with their individual characters and personality and with the OSTs, cuz what kdrama doesn't have a wonderful OST? "

so right. at any given time, any other drama, if you see such a character, its so easy to write off this character as villain, so easy to 'love to hate' these character. but writernim aces the character plotting by giving her a very complex back-story. which then make me rethink, how easy do we oft time just conveniently group characters into black and white two sections. so much so that even mid-show, you stil can find fans unable to accept Yideum's 'flaws not a few' character.  yet, when you watch how Jung RyeoWon portrayed her and how writernim wrote her, you felt real. you felt , maybe if you slip into her shoes, you just may exactly do what she did. she immediately do not become a norm drama character. she become just like anyone around you and me. she felt 'Real', she's a person who's true and honest to how she felt and shown it all on her face, esp when she is before someone she likes, she will not even bothered to pretend or be coy. i guess this was what make her stand out diff and appear 'cute' in JW's eyes. she don't just amused JW, but some times amazed JW, so much so that he actually do not mind her been a superior above him, and do not felt the usual male chauvinism's inferiority towards her. Which means JW's character himself stands out so well, that between them, there's not need to draw the line, who must be the stronger and who's the weaker, n the gender issues does not stumbled them regarding this issues. this is how much the humble JW admired her.

so much potential and so little screen focus on the OTP, like yourself, i also think, what's a waste!

thru Yideum, i told myself, from now on, allow me be slower to judge any greyish tone characters, be it in drama or real life. just like JW, not many of us are like JW, from the beginning, he does not judge and he tried to understand even from their first official encounter. that maybe afterall, behind every so called 'richard simmons-witchy' characters, there are some sad stories, and some heart that needs healing, and someone that revealed that inside them, they were just a normal, hardworking and happy and innocent "YiDeum-Ma"?
you said: But as a character, she has captured my heart like no other drama heroine may ever have.
yes, she may not be the only female character that won my heart, but she is truly one of the Most Unique & touching female character i have ever watched. If ever KBS2 produced a season 2, she must really bring back JRW to act Yiduem, and YHM to be YeoGeom.

8 hours ago, maryofbethany said:

If ever KBS2 produced a season 2, she must really bring back JRW to act Yiduem, and YHM to be YeoGeom.

Knetz comments on NAVER  they want S2

and yes.. like age of youth coz some knetz want S2 so yeah...

13 hours ago, maryofbethany said:

edit: actually i was wishing that since the ratings is very closed to the15% viewership ratings promise for "Witch's Court", i really hope the YeoGeom and his team will gift a Food truck to the real CAGU (women/child sexual crimes) prosecutor team in korean. they are actually thinking that this promise really shown they understand the hardship of real prosecutors in courts.
KBS2 pls show some gestures and let our casts go to deliver the food truck to prosecutor office.

well, i think the drama it self already deliver good phase and rating its all about statistic. in korea it self they talk about this a lot. WC is one of drama most talk about.. maybe coz its all about women sexual crime and their eyes now open about this case. in real life case like this too sensitive no one want to talk about it. 

i hope KBS will gift CAGU (women/child sexual crimes) prosecutor team in korean FOOD truck..

17 hours ago, maryofbethany said:

KBS Award, i will be around, cheering for both Ideum's witch's court and the other fav drama 7DayQueen, its really hard to choose.. as both female character really shone the bset in this year dramas.

about KBS award its already confirmed for JRW best female actress along with jang na ra too

coz some of her crew (i read on IG they called their name as team yoana) they say good bye and let's meet up in KBS Award... 

and KBS chief said waiting JRW for KBS Award.

http://www.asiae.co.kr/news/view.htm?idxno=2017113019215530070

2017113018220841017_1512033728.jpg

"Witch's Court" Yoon Hyun-min "Thank you all for watching me"

On the 29th, actress Yoon Hyun Min reported her testimony of "Witch's Court" through her instagram. / Photo = Yoon Hyunmin Instagram Gram Capture

'Witch's Court' actor Yoon Hyun Min said his testimony. 

On the 29th, Yoon Hyun-min explains through his instagram that "Thank you all who watched the court of witches. The best script was made by 70 staffs and actors to the best of their ability. " 

"I will not forget that you have given me a lot of attention and love," he said. A few days later, the ost music source is also coming, so please listen ^ ^ So I'm going to go, "he added. 

The KBS 2TV monthly drama 'The Witch's Court' attracted viewers' sympathy and sympathy with the uncomfortable subject of the sex offense of women and children, and was well received as a Korean-style courtroom investigation. 

(CR. google translate)

its hard to let go, so i am still here.

http://mn.kbs.co.kr/news/view.do?ncd=3576922

Book of Witches

20171129090516241.jpg

KBS <The Court of Witches>, which dealt with South Korea's depraved modern-day criminal 'sex offense' in front, Before the broadcast's inspiration comes to a close, we begin book sales of the bookstore which can thoroughly recycle <Witch's court>. 

There were many investigative dramas that covered serial killers, terrorists, and psychopath crimes, but there was no drama about 'sexual crimes' in Korea. In fact, sexual crimes have been tortured in our society, despite the extreme crime that occurs very frequently near our lives. 

In this environment, we met a very meaningful drama in the fall of 2017. The drama, which is about the prosecution's not-yet-existing department of virtual women's crime department, deals with sex trafficking in minors, sexual violence in the workplace, and sexual torture by public authorities. 

The drama is about sex crimes that have been taboo for the past, but it has given many suggestions to the Republic of Korea today, which can not be said to be 'safe' by filling the stimulating and dark stories with authenticity and warm humanity. 

In particular, <The Witch's Court> is not only a hot show of the audience after the drama broadcast, but also an unprecedented drama that is followed by a petition that wants to own the book, Myung Dae-sa,

<Witch's Court> The writer's edition of the playbook has begun to be sold on the 28th, the end of the drama. If you buy one or two books during the book sales period, you will receive a postcard with a high-quality hardcover printed drama poster. <Witch's Court> Written edition can be purchased at online booksellers such as Kyobo Bookstore, YES24, and Aladdin.

(google translate)

http://www.dramabeans.com/2017/12/team-dramabeans-what-were-watching-80/

Team Dramabeans: What we’re watching

javabeans:
Witch’s Court: Okay, so this ending was totally anticlimactic, right? I can understand why it was a gradual takedown of the Big Bad, and how our good prosecutors started by taking away all of his allies, but by the time we got the rapist-killer in the hot seat in court, I was wondering why we were still hashing out the same old plot. Then he got his guilty verdict and death sentence and got shipped off to prison in the span of about five TV minutes, and all of a sudden our serious courtroom melodrama turned into a cheeky workplace drama with fifteen minutes in which to push as much product as possible. Why are so many K-drama finales so clunky?

tineybeanie:

Witch’s Court: The ending was cute. Loved those last playful interactions between Yi-deum and Jin-wook in the happily-ever-after end. That dynamic between her and Jin-wook was too hot for fire and cuter than puppies! (Now, I’m imagining fire-breathing dragon-puppies…) Overall, the drama wasn’t super innovative nor was it edge-of-my-seat captivating, but thoroughly enjoyable throughout the entire journey because of its unapologetic main character, Ma Yi-deum. There really needs to be more of her, both in dramaland and IRL. Regarding the other characters, Jo Gap-soo was a typical villain, and I would have liked a little bit more nuance in his arc, but I loved the powerful female-centric storytelling of the plot which almost made up for the banality of the cases themselves. Prosecutor Min was such an awesome mentor, who still showed degrees of remorse when her own decisions led to tragedy (e.g. separation of Yi-deum and her mother).

wakimary:

Witch's Court - thanks to Jung Ryeo won and Yoon Hyun min this drama didn't end up in my "Dropped" dramas list.

outofthisworld:

Witch Court I stopped watching this a few eps ago because too many things bothered and bored me. So I thought I'd just jumped to the last two eps because I don't think I'd miss very much in between. I didn't go very far because when the patrons of Kingdom took the HIV test, I rolled my eyes further than Ma Yi Deum and hit stop.

Spoiler

sometimes, reading comments are very stressful. haha. nonetheless. since this site has quiet down, likely at most only triplem and Shosi will read this. so no harm just placing the comments (not so encouraging ones) in, just just part of documentation as a end to the drama. I am always one of those 'party's morning-after wandering souls'. so i am still here.
but i should say thought quiet, the site is event-free and troubles-free. so i am happy to rest at this drama's journey with Ideum-Ma.
still refused to write my finale-after-thoughts..., my refusal to say goodbye.

@triplem (reply you later. haha,. finally , Dramabeans has the EP16 out, i have been stalking and haunting their site for days.)

http://www.dramabeans.com/2017/12/witchs-court-episode-16-final/

Witch’s Court: Episode 16 (Final)

by Sunny

We’ve reached the end of the road, and what a long road it’s been. Witch’s Court certainly had its flaws, but Ma Yi-deum will forever hold a special place in my heart. We have one more bad guy for her to put away so without further ado, let’s watch the witch work her magic one last time.

WC16-00377.jpg

COMMENTS

Oh, what this drama could’ve been… I’ll admit that the ending was fitting, but that’s not exactly praise when you consider that the drama really tumbled downhill to the point where my expectations were pretty low, here at the end. The show did manage to tie up what it deemed to be it’s important loose ends with the return of Mom (and her memory), Jo Gap-soo crazy and on death row, and the last five minutes of cuteness that promise a future for the romance of Yi-deum and Jin-wook. I actually found myself giggling more in those dwindling moments than I have the entire drama… but that may be partially attributed to hysteria. Who’s to say?

I feel like I’ve complained nearly all drama about the mess that is Jo Gap-soo, but kindly indulge me one last time. I hate that his character was so weakly written that I could never understand his motives apart from being eeeeeeevil. His lack of cunning was never more obvious than when he kidnapped Mom (again) in a final power play for… what? I won’t ask why he needed that journal when there were two, but I do question what possessed him to even grasp at it as his final straw. He was already royally screwed and I was surprised that he wasn’t immediately ousted from his position after Sang-ho’s dirty deeds book was exposed, since I feel like the scandal would be enough to jeopardize his political favor.

So why did he think he could blackmail his way out of it? He had to know the evidence was stacked against him. Not to mention that all the people Sang-ho had gathered dirt on were already coated in mud. The smart option in that scenario would be to get out of the country. Instead, he goes up on a mountain to talk to his dead friend before attempting suicide. I’d say it was out of character, but he didn’t really have a discernable character to speak of.

As for the other characters, most of them were wasted. Lawyer Min was underutilized, my hopes for Lawyer Heo died out halfway through when we had no development with her. They completely skimmed over Dr. Ko’s conflict with Yi-deum at the end so I suppose she was forgiven. At the very least, her testimony will allow her to reconcile with her son. Mom was more compelling and while I feel like her sudden recovery was a tad fantastical, I’ll give it a pass because it was good to see her and Yi-deum happy for once—they certainly earned it.

Jin-wook pulled out his cute side in this final stretch but I wish we could’ve seen more of it. All in all, aside from Yi-deum (who I adore wholeheartedly), the most interesting character was Sang-ho… and they killed him off halfway through! There is no question that this show was carried on Yi-deum’s shoulders because without her, there would be no point in watching. I won’t linger on her praises—we’d be here all day and Helcat already expressed it better than I could in the last recap. Lastly, I’d like to give an honorable mention to Yi-deum’s old sunbae Hoon-soo because I did find him amusing every time he was on the screen.

I don’t mind the way they wrapped up the romance because with the way it’s been handled over the course of the drama, I don’t think there was any other way. Sweeping confessions and passionate kisses just feel out of place after shoving the romance aside for so long. I do like Jin-wook and Yi-deum together but I also admit the chemistry that sizzled in the beginning has settled into something closer to badass partners than lovers. Regardless, I wish them all the best as they venture forward.

WC16-00414.jpg

Spoiler

WC16-00412.jpg

WC16-00413.jpg

cr. Dramabeans (sunny)

WC16-00420.jpg

while many has praised Jung RW's acting... (which i am 101% agreed). but not many praises YoonHyunMin's acting.. to me, his skill was getting better and better since the knowledge of his mom's been involved... and he Aces at Ep 15, with redened eyes, he stared silently, as he waited for Ideum to slowly explained and sort out her feelings, to bring herself out to ask him, in her own timing... he let her slowly 'decided' to 'pressurized' him, because the Ideum he knew so well, will just do that, and the JW that she trusted so honestly (she knew) will take up the case... yet she must asked, she must apologized, and he will let he apologized and let it out of her head, that level of stress that is killing her inside... feeling guilt over doing this to him...
in spoiler, the moments, of silent as he gazed at her asking him the Most cruel demand in her life,.. if this happened before 3 months ago, before she realised that she has humanity, that inside her there is goodness. if this demand happened 3 months ago, when she think herself is a perfect witch... She will has no problem thinking she will has no qualm to lure, to tempt, to demand, to poke him into accepting this, yet without guilt... but now, feeling sorry for him., ... he felt her.
i felt him. i felt his "i Know."... that simple 2 words.... is just as good as "i Love You'. his confession of how much he loved her, in his "JinWook's style".

Spoiler

WC15_00640.jpg

WC15_00645.jpg

in helcat words.
"Yi-deum is intense as she asks Jin-wook, “You understand what it means to take this case, don’t you?” Solemnly, Yi-deum says that she wouldn’t be able to take this case if it were her—because Jin-wook is going to have to send his mother to jail. With a pang, Jin-wook nods his head.

Yi-deum, tears in her eyes, sincerely asks Jin-wook to do his best anyway because he is the only person she can trust right now. Bowing, Yi-deum says, “I want to punish Jo Gap-soo with my own hands, but I can’t. So you do it for me.”

Dr. Ko ashamedly watches Mom help out around the office, but is interrupted by Jin-wook, who asks to meet with her. Jin-wook tidies up his home (after Yi-deum and her mess lol) in preparation.

Dr. Ko sighs that her son must be so tired, but Jin-wook cuts through the pleasantries to ask, “Did you think about what I asked you last time?” Dr. Ko falters, but she nods that she has, and is ready to be punished for her crimes. Dr. Ko softly adds that she is only thinking of Jin-wook now, and asks whether a prosecutor having a criminal for a mother will be a problem.

Jin-wook answers that of course it will be a problem for him—and turns it around as he demands, “What son would be okay prosecuting his own mother? When I think about the pain you will go through, my heart breaks. But I have no choice. I’m sorry, Mom.” Poised, Dr. Ko answers that of course Jin-wook must do his job, and comforts him that everything will be okay.

And then, once his mom leaves, Jin-wook breaks down. And my own heart breaks for him.

YoonHyunMin's redened eyes haunt me a lot.... i stayed thru 3 times rewatching on cable TV, inspite of Papa"s mocking that i am obsessed again. not just to watch their kissing scenes or the bickering, but to watch YoonHyunmin's redened eyes, gazing deep into Ideum.

WC15_00682.jpg

the best scene of ep 16 of YHM in spoiler, i guess everyone should have no problem guessing which is my fav.

Spoiler

WC16-00220.jpg

WC16-00217.jpg

Sunny's recaps.
"Next is the trial of Mom’s case, and Mom slips quietly into the back of the courtroom as Dr. Ko takes the stand. Jin-wook struggles to contain his emotions as he questions his mother, who testifies that Mom was held prisoner in the mental hospital where Dr. Ko was a director, despite Mom being mentally sound.

When Dr. Ko admits that Mom had cried to go home to her daughter, Mom’s memory flashes back to her captivity, when she’d begged for her release. Dr. Ko says that Mom claimed to have been abducted by Jo Gap-soo, and that she’d found her story plausible. Then seven years later, Sang-ho had told her to kill Mom on Jo Gap-soo’s orders."

this is how much a man loved his woman. while i do agreed that even if the one who ask him to prosecuted his mom if not Ideum. if it is any other victim being wronged by his mom, i guess JW will still not hesitate to tried his mom.... but being Ideum, it raised a higher level, as the issue become personal. so his pain reached down right 'local', instead of 'global'.

Archived