[Mainland Chinese Drama 2019] Goodbye My Princess 东宫

0ly40

What LCY did to Danchi tribe was horrible, but he did asked XF about it BEFORE he did what he did (that night when they slept under the tree?). He told her a story about a mother who was killed, and asked her if lying to friend in order to avenge his mother is forgivable....and silly XF said of course. This answer solidify his resolution to wipe out Danchi Tribe and conquer all western state, to earn him enough merit to climb and avenge his mother.

I still wonder why XF even stated that if she becomes that friend, she would have forgave that action (of lying...or actually, betraying. LCY didnt really specify the weigh of the lie though)

Anyway, her asnwer that night seems to become LCY permit to do anything to avenge his mother, and the start of this tragedy.

31 minutes ago, clawedzip said:

I'm also trying to figure that out...does anyone know when they are going to resume airing the show?

They resume airing and posted several eps today, I think. But sub comes one for each day.

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, marinated_lemon said:

What LCY did to Danchi tribe was horrible, but he did asked XF about it BEFORE he did what he did (that night when they slept under the tree?). He told her a story about a mother who was killed, and asked her if lying to friend in order to avenge his mother is forgivable....and silly XF said of course. This answer solidify his resolution to wipe out Danchi Tribe and conquer all western state, to earn him enough merit to climb and avenge his mother.

I still wonder why XF even stated that if she becomes that friend, she would have forgave that action (of lying...or actually, betraying. LCY didnt really specify the weigh of the lie though)

Anyway, her asnwer that night seems to become LCY permit to do anything to avenge his mother, and the start of this tragedy.

They resume airing and posted several eps today, I think. But sub comes one for each day. 

Spoiler

oh yes, I want to ask the revenge against the danchi tribe because the prince (first brother) LCY was killed by danchi tribe, really? the problem is I'm quite confused by the story that GXW told that night to the XF regarding the death of his mother ... whether his mother's death was also related to the tribe of danchi, because I knew his mother was poisoned by the empress of the Li dynasty which was the mother who raised him.

Besides that, I want to ask, the first prince who was killed by the Danchi tribe is whether the culprit is xiaofeng's cousin brother?  (because there is one scene at the beginning of the story, where Xiaofeng and Guxiaowu met XF's cousin brother and the person from Li's dynasty, I forgot his name ... hahaha ) and was the LI dynasty involved in the murder of the first prince?

tqq

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, lovecarnation said:
  Hide contents

oh yes, I want to ask the revenge against the danchi tribe because the prince (first brother) LCY was killed by danchi tribe, really? the problem is I'm quite confused by the story that GXW told that night to the XF regarding the death of his mother ... whether his mother's death was also related to the tribe of danchi, because I knew his mother was poisoned by the empress of the Li dynasty which was the mother who raised him.

Besides that, I want to ask, the first prince who was killed by the Danchi tribe is whether the culprit is xiaofeng's cousin brother?  (because there is one scene at the beginning of the story, where Xiaofeng and Guxiaowu met XF's cousin brother and the person from Li's dynasty, I forgot his name ... hahaha ) and was the LI dynasty involved in the murder of the first prince?

tqq

Hi, hope this help. The crown prince (LCY big brother) was killed by Second Prince Man disguised in Danchi Clothes. as to make Danchi tribe as a scapegoat. Well, first he is just using XF to get close to Danchi Tribe as she is the granddaughter of King of Danchi. but gradually fall for her and fell unease so one night he is asking if XF will forgive a friend who is using her regarding his mother tragedy. Actually his mother matters doesnt have any relation with Danchi Tribe but to avenge his mother he has to be the next Crown Prince, and to do so, he has to get the merit of banishing the Danchi Tribe and also avenge his Bog Bro death which he believe it is Danchi people behind it

The person from Li Dynasty is Gu Jian, cousin of LCY, his mother and Gu Jian father are siblings. Gu Jian also XF master

• Insightful 1
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, marinated_lemon said:

Do you know where I can find the new unsubbed episodes? I can't find anything past episode 20.

58 minutes ago, lovecarnation said:
  Reveal hidden contents

tqq

Spoiler

I guess LCY never expected to fall in love with 9th princess when he went undercover to find out the location of the grandfather. He must've initially thought he was doing a service by getting rid of the people who were against the king and at the same time gaining power. I get that he had to see his mission through and to keep to his goal of getting credit for killing the grandfather and conquering the Dan Chi tribe(he wanted to become the crown prince and have enough power to avenge his dead mother!).He was also dead set in avenging his older brother (the original crown prince) who died when they were attacked by people wearing Dan Chi clothes and using Dan Chi weapons (but were actually people sent by the current crown prince!) 

Fate can be so twisted...I really hope that the ending won't be as tragic as the book. Maybe they can be reincarnated some other time where they end up together? I know some of you don't want 9th princess to end up with LCY but he was also manipulated and deceived. His brother was also killed by people whom he thought were from Dan Chi. It just looks really bad because we the viewers know it really wasn't the Dan Chi who attacked them. In fact, the grandfather (King of DanChi) acknowledged that he did not respect the Li Emperor and he would also help LCY (in the guise of GXW) seek revenge against the Li family. One big problem is that he was the one who actually killed her grandfather (despite LCY giving her grandfather the dignity of dying for his people). Oh and, of course, LCY's betrayal of XF's trust. 

• Like 1
  • Insightful 1

1 hour ago, lovecarnation said:
  Hide contents

tqq

Politics always add to the existing headache. But here we go...

1. LCY mother was killed by eastern (Li Dynasty) palace politics (the queen), not Danchi or western region at all. To remove the queen and her supporters, he must gain enough power secretly, and if possible, become the king himself. But he is only 5th prince. He must topple the other princes to be the crown prince himself, and eventually become king.

2. First crown prince was said to be killed by Danchi tribe when they are on theor way to propose to Western Region Ninth Princess XF, but that is not true. What really happened was the crown prince and his entourage were killed by Xuande (second prince). Xuande made a group of people dressed in Danchi tribe clothings (I fastforward this part, sorry, so I might missed something) to kill the crown prince's entourage. He either paid a group of danchi tribe, or told his own soldiers to dress like danchi people.

He gets two things by doing this:

1. Removing crown prince and consequently made him crown prince by sequence (because he is 2nd prince afterall)

2. It earns him the right to attack Danchi Tribe (who seem to have been a headache for Eastern Palace). It also earns him merits as the capable prince (to become the king)

*applaud here, and I am being sarcastic. Boy I am glad I live in the era where we dont need to kill anyone (or wipe out any tribe) to get recognition. 

• Like 1
  • Insightful 1

Thank you all @Merrie Lin, @ElleSorand @marinated_lemon explaining who killed the first prince.

Later, does the ML comes to know that the Danchi tribe are not the killers of his first brother prince but the second brother prince?  Will he feel sorry for his princess?

But he is the fifth prince even if he has to become the king, killing only the second prince is not enough.  So will he kill the 3rd and 4th prince too?  

Edit: I have the weibo link for this drama.  There are new pics and BTS videos.  If anyone have the access to weibo or understand Chinese can post us here the important info in there.  I don't have a weibo a/c so it is not allowing me to post anything.  TU

https://m.weibo.cn/u/6264447311?jumpfrom=weibocom

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Spoiler

@Merrie Lin

Gu Xiao Wu / Li Cheng Yin 's mother was killed by the queen.

First crown prince was killed by second prince (Xuande) masking as Danchi Tribe.

Gu Jian is LCY cousin (making it plausible for him to aim at toppling down the queen too, who is killing his aunt, and perhaps wiping out his family). He is also XF 's master/teacher. He didnt kill anyone but he did open the gate for LCY to use XF to kill off Danchi tribe. He was from eastern palace. His family was wiped out (about who wiped out his family and why he has part in destroying Danchi tribe is something I fastforward as well. Huhuhu...sorryyyy) and he seek protection to western palace's concubine (the one XF dad cherished. She was from eastern palace. This happened when was little. Hence, he has known XF since forever. He grew to love her but notice the difference between them (teacher-student, eastern-western) so he keeps this for himself UNTIL XF has no surviving family to rely on and enters tigers cafe (eastern palace, with LCY around)

• Like 1
  • Insightful 1

36 minutes ago, clawedzip said:

Do you know where I can find the new unsubbed episodes? I can't find anything past episode 20.

It has just posted ep 17-20 on most sites, but unsubbed yet. They usually sub it one by one.

YT has parts of ep 21-25. I know it is not enough. But it enables us to hope that there are more eps to come perhaps after ep 20 is subbed. I wonder whats in store for ep 25-52. More tears, perhaps, as LCY gains more power?

The wait is killing me too. Let's persevere.

• Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, pad-hari said:

Thank you all @Merrie Lin, @ElleSorand @marinated_lemon explaining who killed the first prince.

Later, does the ML comes to know that the Danchi tribe are not the killers of his first brother prince but the second brother prince?  Will he feel sorry for his princess?

Now this. I dont know yet. But as the eps progresses, I guess he should. If he knows that 2nd prince was the killer, he will have more reason to topple him off this dear crown prince title. 

I paused watching because I feel like it torments me to think that I have no more eps to watch ^^'

As about if he will kill off the other princes...I honestly dont know. But he should, because I saw him in king's robe in an MV. It has already stated before in earlier episode that the eastern palace is a bloody palace where siblings kill each other for the throne.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Merrie Lin said:

54 minutes ago, marinated_lemon said:

thanks for your explanation....

Spoiler

i means the person from li dynasty is gaoxian ...if i'm not wrong looks like he is li empress person, because from the scene when he catched xiaofeng from minister ( guogong), he told to LCY, he wanted to help him marry Xiaopheng according to his mother's orders.

I mean there is a scene where when Xiaofeng and Xiaowu just met for the first time, and then Xiaofeng helped Xiaowu bandage the wound in his hand, and they heard the sound of horse clatter, and secretly hiding they saw troops from Danchi and the Li dynasty troops seemed to meet and from the dynasty li seems like gaoxian, right? or I am wrong to remember ... at that time Xiaofeng told Xiaowu to hide then she came out to greet her cousin brother, and at that time LCY saw the troops of danchi and thought that killing the prince was a tribe of Danchi.

meaning that so far it was not the danchi tribe that killed the prince, and in this case LCY had wrongly killed people ???? omg I did not imagine this bad incident happened, how could it be ... omg ... my heart was getting deeper when I heard your explanation that the one who killed the prince was not a tribe of danchi, didn't the tribe of the danchi die in vain? :bawling:

my heart was very sad when I saw he xian (who has a bog body on danchi tribe, if I'm not wrong remember his name) and cousin Xiaofeng died tragically, I knew that cousin Xiaofeng was also cruel to enslave the people of the Li dynasty but why did the scene cut my heart too, especially when seeing Xiaofeng see with her own eyes, her husband slashed her grandfather's head ... tragic ...

once again thanks alot for yor explanation

• Like 1

1 hour ago, clawedzip said:

The drama airs every Monday and Thursday for 4 episodes each. This is for Youku VIP members. Currently ep 16-20 aired on Monday, 25 Feb 2019. So today they will be airing ep. 21-24. CMIIW. by the way, am i the only one who cant stand the eng sub. so far Viki subs 1 ep per day T_T

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, pad-hari said:

But he is the fifth prince even if he has to become the king, killing only the second prince is not enough.  So will he kill the 3rd and 4th prince too?  

Edit: I have the weibo link for this drama.  There are new pics and BTS videos.  If anyone have the access to weibo or understand Chinese can post us here the important info in there.  I don't have a weibo a/c so it is not allowing me to post anything.  TU

https://m.weibo.cn/u/6264447311?jumpfrom=weibocom

well, it will be revealed in ep 20. They knew that the person call Batur is a fake one and that linked to the Second Prince aka CP now. Thus of course ML feels sorry to FL as in the preview ep 21-24, ML says to FL that he will take care of her. From now on the romance will kick off. 

i dont think the ML character will kill his other siblings to get the position of king but who knows. Look like the 3rd and 4th prince seems so so

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, marinated_lemon said:
  Hide contents

@Merrie Lin

Gu Xiao Wu / Li Cheng Yin 's mother was killed by the queen.

First crown prince was killed by second prince (Xuande) masking as Danchi Tribe.

Gu Jian is LCY cousin (making it plausible for him to aim at toppling down the queen too, who is killing his aunt, and perhaps wiping out his family). He is also XF 's master/teacher. He didnt kill anyone but he did open the gate for LCY to use XF to kill off Danchi tribe. He was from eastern palace. His family was wiped out (about who wiped out his family and why he has part in destroying Danchi tribe is something I fastforward as well. Huhuhu...sorryyyy) and he seek protection to western palace's concubine (the one XF dad cherished. She was from eastern palace. This happened when was little. Hence, he has known XF since forever. He grew to love her but notice the difference between them (teacher-student, eastern-western) so he keeps this for himself UNTIL XF has no surviving family to rely on and enters tigers cafe (eastern palace, with LCY around)

thank you for your detailed explanation. i never been so into a drama but this one really hooked me on. Even the FL is so cute and funny. I can't really hate the ML here. He has just to be the way he is to survive this struggle in becoming the king. One thing i couldn't accept is that he should have just captured the King of Tieda (Danchi Tribe) and not by killing him. But this is novel adaption anyway. I really want to be a HE but seems there's no way FL can live with everyone surrounds her all died in tragic

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, lovecarnation said:

thanks for your explanation....

Hide contents

i means the person from li dynasty is gaoxian ...if i'm not wrong looks like he is li empress person, because from the scene when he catched xiaofeng from minister ( guogong), he told to LCY, he wanted to help him marry Xiaopheng according to his mother's orders.

I mean there is a scene where when Xiaofeng and Xiaowu just met for the first time, and then Xiaofeng helped Xiaowu bandage the wound in his hand, and they heard the sound of horse clatter, and secretly hiding they saw troops from Danchi and the Li dynasty troops seemed to meet and from the dynasty li seems like gaoxian, right? or I am wrong to remember ... at that time Xiaofeng told Xiaowu to hide then she came out to greet her cousin brother, and at that time LCY saw the troops of danchi and thought that killing the prince was a tribe of Danchi.

meaning that so far it was not the danchi tribe that killed the prince, and in this case LCY had wrongly killed people ???? omg I did not imagine this bad incident happened, how could it be ... omg ... my heart was getting deeper when I heard your explanation that the one who killed the prince was not a tribe of danchi, didn't the tribe of the danchi die in vain? :bawling:

my heart was very sad when I saw he xian (who has a bog body on danchi tribe, if I'm not wrong remember his name) and cousin Xiaofeng died tragically, I knew that cousin Xiaofeng was also cruel to enslave the people of the Li dynasty but why did the scene cut my heart too, especially when seeing Xiaofeng see with her own eyes, her husband slashed her grandfather's head ... tragic ...

once again thanks alot for yor explanation

yesss i do cry a lot when He Xi (Adu's Big Brother) and Prince Danchi (XF cousin) die

• Sad 2

At least you are not alone in waiting, @visiopeia

Last time I was desperately waiting for new episode to air (it aired twice in a week), it was for W, and I spent the remaining days reading reviews, watching behind the scenes, and reading soompi forum. It is great to have an active forum! At least it made you feel less empty after the week's episode ends.

• LOL 1
  • Love 1