[Drama 2017] Confession Couple / Go Back Spouses, 고백부부

0ly40

On 11/13/2017 at 6:07 PM, lclarakl said:

@peaceful52, it's really not embarrassing in this day and time for a man to buy a woman sanitary napkins; it may have been in the early 90's for some men, but not so much in the 21st century. BD of the 90s would have probably been embarrassed, but not the medicine peddling salesman who is 38 years old in the body of a 20 year old and who also happens to be her ex-husband. The only thing I kept thinking was, 'she couldn't buy a sanitary napkin or tampon out of the bathroom vending machine'? After all these years, she doesn't know the signs when her cycle is starting? Most colleges and high schools (at least while I was in school in the 90s) had sanitary napkins vending machines in the ladies restrooms.  

I know the writer was trying to impress us with BD in that scene as he was doing something special and touching, but I wasn't as touched as most.  He lost me when it was revealed that he got a credit card in his name so that Dr. Park could get hotel rooms for his affairs. Yes, the writer has shown by going back in the past the wife more than likely knows her husband was a cheater. However, BD's actions turned me completely off, especially when he tried to pretend Dr Park's mistress was with him so the wife wouldn't suspect her cheating husband. I don't know why, but that whole scene made me feel he was being disloyal to JJ. Then his attitude when they first arrived back in 1990s didn't impress me either.  When I compare him to NG, BD is much more immature and childish in my opinion. NG and JJ seems better suited from a maturity level.

NG is having to deal with the fact that his mother left him so he feels abandoned. Then he blames his stepmother who seems to be a very loving woman, while his biological mom seems to be a drama queen. I don't think he sees JJ as a mother figure, but I do think he sees her as someone that brings him comfort.

As I stated before, I hate that by going back in time, they are causing greater pain to NG and the dancer.

why?why more of you not touched of bando at episode 10?

The reason why bando give his credit card coz dr park ask him to do..and he is not in position to resist because as a result he will not be allowed to sell drugs at hospital.   

As for NG, for me he is not prefect man who not hv faults at his life.yes i admits he have very bad mother who left him for money after labored.but beside the arrogant father he only hv step mother who looks care of him.he still cant accept her yet.on his department he also look cold n unfriend.im not surprises if he dont hv best friend.

for Jinjoo im lost simphathy after episode 7 she said "he was never exist when she need him".its totally misunderstanding as i knew.maybe when she calling him it the same time dancer SY also calling him.or during her call she try calling him to ask help.she was falling into many assumed and the end blame others who not doing same as her perfective mind.

her father of wanting remarried is idea that father asked to do at 2010

but from the first back to past until recent episode she still stay away from his father is so wrong attitude. Mom still too far to died and relationship of her parents she saw in 1999 so harmonies and still sleep together.

if she feel the job bando used to worked is not enough why she was not going to help?did she labor only at 2015..during the years wht did she do??

Every one hv faults pls dont blame at just one character..

BD was so disloyal to JJ? JJ also does not appreciate the hard work of her husband.she said stingy, richard simmons,irresponsible even said she was unhappy during their marriage and asked divorce.

she asked alamony when both them on past as student..is it bit harsh to asked?and now someone maybe used the incident at radio room to disturb her...is it possible right??  

• Replies 888
  • Created
  • Last Reply
20 minutes ago, HRyujin said:

why?why more of you not touched of bando at episode 10?

The reason why bando give his credit card coz dr park ask him to do..and he is not in position to resist because as a result he will not be allowed to sell drugs at hospital.   

As for NG, for me he is not prefect man who not hv faults at his life.yes i admits he have very bad mother who left him for money after labored.but beside the arrogant father he only hv step mother who looks care of him.he still cant accept her yet.on his department he also look cold n unfriend.im not surprises if he dont hv best friend.

for Jinjoo im lost simphathy after episode 7 she said "he was never exist when she need him".its totally misunderstanding as i knew.maybe when she calling him it the same time dancer SY also calling him.or during her call she try calling him to ask help.she was falling into many assumed and the end blame others who not doing same as her perfective mind.

her father of wanting remarried is idea that father asked to do at 2010

but from the first back to past until recent episode she still stay away from his father is so wrong attitude. Mom still too far to died and relationship of her parents she saw in 1999 so harmonies and still sleep together.

if she feel the job bando used to worked is not enough why she was not going to help?did she labor only at 2015..during the years wht did she do??

Every one hv faults pls dont blame at just one character..

BD was so disloyal to JJ? JJ also does not appreciate the hard work of her husband.she said stingy, richard simmons,irresponsible even said she was unhappy during their marriage and asked divorce.

she asked alamony when both them on past as student..is it bit harsh to asked?and now someone maybe used the incident at radio room to disturb her...is it possible right??  

Hmmm.... Actually, I would feel for both Ban Do and Jin Joo... because it is obvious from the way they do little things for one another, they truly care for each other. But that love and kindness they had for each other dulled over time and became a sour point because they were no longer acknowledged for their effort. 

Just a little clarification on Jin Joo's past, it was hinted that she did work before giving birth. There was a part in episode 3 where she was trying to balance the family expenses with her pay cheque. So it shows that she did work. Also, I would think Jin Joo is the better student among the two of them, because even Cheon Seo who is on scholarship has remarked that Jin Joo is a smart kid in episode 2. So it makes sense for Jin Joo to say that she wished that she has studied harder to become a lawyer, doctor or prosector, because it is achievable for her, also why Ban Do was speechless when she mentioned that everyone knows that you can be a prosector if you studied hard enough. Another hint that it is something not unachievable for Jin Joo. Another hint was how Ban Do when met Jin Joo during their blind date again, told her to study harder so that she can be a doctor, lawyer or prosector. So far... the past has painted a very good future for Jin Joo, being recognized as the prettiest of their faculty, and with a brain to match the look, which is probably why she could get away with her snobbishness.   

Being the one with better qualification despite both being college graduates, it is highly possible that she is the one who earns more in the family, because she seems unimpressed by Ban Do's pay and compared it to be nothing more than a pack of gum and even added that if she is to sell gum, she would probably earn even more than him. So when she gave it up to take care of Seo Jin, it hurts their family further, and Ban Do will have to work harder to make ends for his family.

Now, the same for Ban Do. Yes, he is not the smartest, but he is the most hardworking. He made the decision to care for Jin Joo, make her the centre of his world. So despite his qualifications, he went for the job as a salesman which he did not have to rely on his educations and have the opportunity to earn more by working harder. But the sad thing is, in his quest to earn his keep, he fell into the bottomless pit aspect of his job, causing him to spend all his energy into his work instead of his family, in order to earn enough to support his family. He was fighting to keep the family afloat and sacrificed his time with family.

So in their own way, they have loved each other and Seo Jin so much that they have forgone their own dreams for one another. And that led on to bitterness at the end of their marriage. I think that is the most heartbreaking aspect of this drama, knowing that they have loved each other so much to give up everything and ended up being disappointed with each other, though I have the feeling that Ban Do is more disappointed with himself than with Jin Joo because he felt he couldn't measure up to his promises or make Jin Joo happy. His love was never lost, but no longer as expressive as before, hence, making Jin Joo felt that she no longer matters to him. Jin Joo while she no longer cares about her appearance, she cares a lot about Ban Do's appearance. 

The saddest part about this couple is that instead of communicating, they have chosen to let bitterness seeped into their hearts. The worst thing about being a couple is probably the fact that you know each other so well, that you know instantly how to cut the other party to get the maximum effect. Jin Joo knows Ban Do felt bad that he could not earn enough for his family, so she called him out on his inability to support his family comfortably. Ban Do on the other hand, knew about her low self-esteem about her appearance, would use it to get back at her during their fight.

Guys heard it today,is this drama just 12 episodes long?Wan't a 16 one? After i heard some people say it on DB i checked Asianwiki and it's still 16 but Mydramalist/dramawiki says 12?Any official information?

My heart is still in shock,i was expecting a full ride of 16 episodes and was happy we'll have the cast around more as the story is very good and with lots of parts to be despicted just to find out of the blue it is ending this week:bawling:

4 minutes ago, Miky88 said:

Guys heard it today,is this drama just 12 episodes long?Wan't a 16 one? After i heard some people say it on DB i checked Asianwiki and it's still 16 but Mydramalist/dramawiki says 12?Any official information?

It's 12 episodes, production team already confirmed this, drama ends this week. 

49 minutes ago, anopinion said:

Go Back Couple topped the drama topics rankings for the second consecutive week.

While You Were Sleeping is 2nd and My Golden Life is 3rd.

Source: http://m.entertain.naver.com/read?oid=382&aid=0000606461

Edit: As I've said, GBC is probably the hottest drama in Korea right now.

Woot woot, hurray for GBC.

I think the drama concept is fresh. Not much of a love story but more of a life story with a twist of fantasy ( the time travel bit).

We will probably never get a kiss scene but for once I am okay cause the whole story makes up for it.

2 hours ago, nikki7 said:

Woot woot, hurray for GBC.

I think the drama concept is fresh. Not much of a love story but more of a life story with a twist of fantasy ( the time travel bit).

We will probably never get a kiss scene but for once I am okay cause the whole story makes up for it.

I'm not expecting a kiss scene either.

Even if there is.. a tender full of meaning kiss between BD-JJ is more suitable for the ending.

Can't wait for the final 2 eps! :rolleyes:

On 11/13/2017 at 7:35 PM, ode2kdramas said:

I haven't seen any Kim Woo Bin dramas, only seen him casually in photographs, so I'll take your word for that! 

I only watch KWB twice, in Heirs and Uncontrollably Fond.   He was great SLS in Heirs.   Though not handsome, he has his own charm.  That led me to UF.  I watched UF because of KWB because I am not so fond of Suzy.   For your intro, you may peek 3 of UF vids I made because of KWB :tongue:

2 hours ago, a15t3 said:

For your intro, you may peek 3 of UF vids I made because of KWB :tongue:

Ha ha..  Now I am getting a crash course on KWB. :D   Thanks, the videos are helpful. I finally get to see a bit of KWB in action.

2 hours ago, a15t3 said:

now... what is ode ode? :tongue:

That's the short of my username - ode2kdramas.   I think @supergal99 likes me very much, so she has to call my name twice :tongue:

Oh Friday... I've never had so many mixed feelings about you...

I sort of want Friday to be here quickly so that I can find out what happened to my beloved characters. But then again, Friday coming soon also means it's the last time I'll get to see all of them together. :(

'Friday is here'

p1b15Sa.png

EDIT: @anopinion "Go Back Couple topped the drama topics rankings for the second consecutive week."

- Thanks for letting us know! This drama deserves all the love it gets. 

2 minutes ago, ode2kdramas said:

Ha ha..  Now I am getting a crash course on KWB. :D   Thanks, the videos are helpful. I finally get to see a bit of KWB in action.

Hahaha... good to hear I've gotten your interest into KWB.  

5 minutes ago, ode2kdramas said:

That's the short of my username - ode2kdramas.   I think @supergal99 likes me very much, so she has to call my name twice :tongue:

I have suspected it was meant to be you.  Good to have a fan into you, right?  Ode ode!!!

I have a lot of stuff in my mind.  Want to cut few vids and post but have not time yet. [sigh] The Kdramas lately have been very sweet and meaningful for uploads :tongue:

Go Back Spouses: Episode 9

goback09-00532.jpg

I didn’t know I wanted this love triangle this badly, but now that we’re in it, I’m ecstatic. Ban-do has been blind to what he’s truly wanted for a long time but now, he’s starting to see things a little more clearly. Of course, that also means that he’s seeing what’s stopping him. He’s got the heart and the determination, but like all things in life, he needs to put in a whole lot of effort if he wants to get anywhere.

EPISODE 9: “The times we were in love”

Read more: http://www.dramabeans.com/2017/11/go-back-spouses-episode-9/

Go Back Spouses: Episode 10

Go Back Spouses: Episode 10

Another week, another bucket of tears at my feet. The more amazing Jin-joo’s family is, the heavier the knowledge of her mother’s death weighs on our hearts. Our couple starts to take notice of the things they’ve been taking for granted in their lives, and both Ban-do and Jin-joo struggle, in their own way, through a painful anniversary from the future.

EPISODE 10: “You can’t take anything for granted”

Read more: http://www.dramabeans.com/2017/11/go-back-spouses-episode-10/

2391667.jpg?w=672&h=372&crop=1

HONG DAE KWANG – AMAZING (GO BACK COUPLE OST)

When I first saw you
It was a bit awkward

The smile on your eyes
Was enough to shake me up

Back then
You were like a white light in my heart

To you
I want to say these words

You were amazing

Baby, I want to go inside
Your clear eyes forever
And lay this heart to rest

Your lovable voice
Makes my body feel in like it’s the rain
I want to be drenched with you

What if you reject my heart?

So I only lingered near you
As I thought about a thousand things

What if I lost you right in front of me?

So I thought about it hundreds of times
As I sat across from you

Back then

You were like a white light in my heart

To you

I want to say these words
You were amazing

Your clear eyes forever

Your lovable voice

I still lack a lot of things
I’m not a good enough guy for you

But in my heart
In my shining eyes
I hope you can find my heart

Your clear eyes forever

Your lovable voice

cr: popgasa.com

On 11/14/2017 at 8:42 AM, yamiex said:

Actually I am wondering if it's due to the fact that it's a variety drama... The Producers, also a KBS variety drama is also 12 episodes, so 12 episodes could be the default setting for variety drama.

I'm sorry but can you tell me what a variety drama is? I'm not familiar with the term.

21 minutes ago, allythefangirl said:

I'm sorry but can you tell me what a variety drama is? I'm not familiar with the term.

Hi, a variety drama means that it is a drama produced by the KBS variety show team instead of a drama team as per usual drama series. So you can see that their camera shots and directing is different from usual drama. It is a new kind of genre from KBS, with The Producers in 2015 bring the first of its kinds. 

22 minutes ago, yamiex said:

Hi, a variety drama means that it is a drama produced by the KBS variety show team instead of a drama team as per usual drama series. So you can see that their camera shots and directing is different from usual drama. It is a new kind of genre from KBS, with The Producers in 2015 bring the first of its kinds. 

Oh, thanks for the explanation. So the entire staff for GBC and The Producers are from the variety department. TBH was directed by PD Yu from 2D1N, is it also under the variety-drama category?

49 minutes ago, supergal99 said:

Ok...here's another one...what about OTP? Do u know what is it? 

Heard of it long ago.  Too long that makes me search for it now.  One Time Pairings!  Hahahah 100 for me lol.

52 minutes ago, supergal99 said:

(mmm  me like historian cutie opz) ... oh u have to hide yr :heart: for KWB in the spoiler (not related to this drama heee)

haha.. historian, guess we have met in other posts in the historian history :D

oh... i don't know how to post spoiler ..  opsh..sorry all for that.

30 minutes ago, supergal99 said:

Ok chill friday comin soooooon...:)

I start liking this drama.  I almost skip this drama at first.  Their are thrown back to the past has been good chance to look into their decision to divorce.  Chance for them to go back and did what has not been done in the past, like going back to the first love; chance to spend more and give more to the mother.  Life will be so good if we can have it too (lol.. sounds so serious). :lol:

I love this time round, so many dramas to watch every day, haha..

Archived