[Drama 2017-2018] Prison Playbook (Wise Prison Life), 슬기로운 감빵생활

Go Seung Ji

• Replies 408
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm not really familiar with Netflix, but I did find a page they call Media Center. And yes, there is a drama called Prison Playbook starting on November 28th, but the synopsis goes like this:

A high school girl finally gets her own apartment, but she has to share it with the most popular boy in school. No one can know they're living together.

This cannot be the drama we are talking about in this thread, can it?

Oh yes, I'm in Europe, not Asia.

18 hours ago, Ahmad Kamil said:

It will start streaming on Netflix Asia on 1st December. I thought it is today, maybe in other regions.

https://www.netflix.com/title/80214406

@yoyo_icecube, Netflix probably owns the license for this exclusively. So other legal sites(VIU, Viki, DramaFever) may not obtain rights to sub it.

I checked and found Indonesian subtitle in subscene.. its not full thou few scenes are out of translation but still appreciate the effort of the translator...

Still waiting for English sub, and happy to read this good news

GMWHB3GEMVFOID87P3U5.png

Spoiler

HDLYA3VVTIZ6K1TS399I.pngB5JQMWMUHYNXSPZQD8SU.png

KYUKWCJFEWVFWN2JON9U.png

Spoiler

8SFFO3U1KLVPL4MFEBHH.pngTCPQU1F9WTWR9L8GD6QL.pngRVCP8NFT915AAYEIN224.pngIOP6LFHJGQAUA5SZEDDU.pngNLKK5R7GE2785NDD1RDH.pngH1J54X7IJCKXJSOMGQAK.png

O1QQ86EELOHGIOWXLIOS.png

WAITING FOR SUBTITLES. ..........

its first time I have to wait for subtitles for k drama never ever imagined for this day . I have to suffer for cdrama  subtitles issue but now k drama :bawling:

9 hours ago, mystic11 said:

Hi everyone. I am interested in watching this drama and am saddened that there are no subs. I am not familiar with Netflix. Do we have to pay to watch? And will it be subbed on Netflix? or will there be no subs available at all? 

Yes Netflix is subscription based, and the one that @Ahmad Kamil mentioned is for Asia.  Not sure if Netflix in Europe / USA has the same. Cause when ManxMan was showing the last time On Netflix Asia , it premiered at the same time since the drama was pre produced. It was shown in Netflix USA but at a later date. For Prison Playbook there’s a delay since this is not pre produced & time is needed to sub it. It will be subbed since Netflix bought the rights. Anyway I’ll let you guys know if i See it this Friday as I’m a Netflix Asia subscriber. 

@Sakari lol! I read that synopsis too. Sounds off 

8 hours ago, mystic11 said:

Hi everyone. I am interested in watching this drama and am saddened that there are no subs. I am not familiar with Netflix. Do we have to pay to watch? And will it be subbed on Netflix? or will there be no subs available at all? 

Yes, we have to pay for Netflix (I think it's something like USD10 per month.) And I'm pretty sure there are subs on Netflix – however, I'm not sure which language they are in. The problem is that Netflix seems to be pretty global nowadays. So the language of the subs could depend on the location/country the client is in, as identified by the client's (network) address.

Prison Playbook is a good example of this in that there seem to be two current Netflix dramas with the same title, but the Korean one is shown on Netflix Asia (as reported by Ahmad Kamil), and the other, on Netflix somewhere-else  (or whatever the latter is called.) I don't even know where this other drama comes from - the synopsis reads like a Japanese manga/anime...

Come to think of it, audiences in some countries are not used to subtitles, so Netflix might have stuff dubbed into some other languages than the original one. But I'm no expert on their services.

11 hours ago, Yippeuni said:

Good news, I found ENGLISH SUBS at subscene for episode 1 and 2, and its VIU??? 

Guess our hardship is about to over now..

It is not VIU, but Winner Fan Sub from Indonesia. The person who uploaded it removed the credit.

untitled.png

Netflix has released first two episodes.  They release two new episodes every Tuesday. I have shared subtitles for episode 1 and 2 on subscene.

I see familiar names from BTMFL have moved here! :D perhaps it’s the hairstyle and the stoic expression of Jae Hyuk that will help our weaning period from SH!

Prison Playbook has Quite an unusual plot. Intriguing and that dead pan look from male lead was so spot on SH! I have doubts though on Krystal. I find her acting chops lacking, even from her recent work, Habaek. Pretty but her fame overshadows her talent.

I watched 2 eps with Eng sub then ep3 and half of ep4 in Raw when the server stopped! And when I checked Viu, it’s not there. When I checked Netflix, ep3-4 Will be subbed on Monday! Ahh their translators are so slow! I think Netflix only has contract with JTBC because only their shows Show up there! Wish they Will also court TVN— they really have better content. JTBC content is also good. 

Anyway, if there are kind recappers who can offer quick summary of Ep 3-4, it Will be much appreciated! 

hi guys, caught up to ep3...it's been a long while since i last watched drama cos my last crack drama was unbeatable (in my opinion). i really love the male lead who is basically Garbage+Chilbongie+Choi Taek rolled into one, and upgraded. lol

Ep3 quick summary, i don't have very much time so just point form for now:

- after jae hyuk was stabbed, he appeared to be fine to the doctor. subsequently he is transferred to the large prison

- second generation chaebol, the dim inmate from the small west prison is also transferred to the same room

- we meet the rest of his cell mates for the first time, and they appear menacing and seem to be plotting to escape the prison, but in reality, they were just trying to hack the hot water machine to make ramyun

- ji ho still continues to visit jae hyuk and she comments that he has become chattier. if he had been that chatty during their dating days, they would still be together

- jae hyuk is sent to make furniture with the rest of the inmates (and fails terribly at it), and they work overtime without pay. the head inmate in charge of the factory appears nice and gives him a baseball but in reality corrupted together with the prison guard to withhold the overtime pay.

- one of jae hyuk' cellmates, prof ko, sends a whistle blowing letter regarding this, and the prison guard and head inmate are reprimanded. another inmate gets angry and tries to get ko into trouble by sneaking a wrench into his bag. when discovered, jae hyuk takes the blame instead

- angry inmate tries to beat up jae hyuk for meddling, but instead gets punished by head inmate.... who turns to jae hyuk and starts sexually harassing him

- saved in the nick of time by joon ho who went through a lot of effort to be transferred to the big prison to watch out for jae hyuk

- we are introduced to the inmates and why they were put into prison - the guy with the lisp got thrown in for cheating at gambling , the young dude for stealing a bread van, prof ko for embezzling, taek's dad for murder, and second gen chaebol for drugs.

- we were also introduced to jae hyuk and ji ho's back story in the middle- he was basically a cradle snatcher lol. she is his first love but he is not (haha)

- joon ho and jae hyuk are hanging out on a weekend, and jae hyuk shows joon ho the baseball he got from the wood work factory head inmate. joon ho throws it to jae hyuk who could not catch it and has lost grip in his left hand.

i am enjoying this series. i love jae hyuk as a character and can't wait to see how he faces more adversity head on in prison!

just to edit, my understanding of the dialogue and scenes are second hand as i watched with chinese subs. ^•^

no problem @triplem, i caught up to ep 4 too, but no time to summarize yet, maybe tonight. it was so surprising that i enjoyed a prison drama to be honest. i usually hate depressive shows.

@Jillia thanks for the gifs,there was something sadly satisfying to see je hyuk finally give in to his desire and curse his heart out. je hyuk's greatest strength is his solidarity and tenacity in the face of adversity but after watching ep. 4, one starts to realise that he is human, too, after all.

Archived