[Drama 2017-2018] Prison Playbook (Wise Prison Life), 슬기로운 감빵생활

Go Seung Ji

I think opening episode 1 when Kim Jae Hyuk at the stadium had league is story when he already out from the prison. Because he don't wear couple ring and pitching with right hand. So Kim Jae Hyuk will realease from prison is on oktober 2017. Hope so, i hope Kim Jae Hyuk and Ji Hoo will come back together again. I'm still curious about the age gap between Kim Jae Hyuk and Kim Ji Ho and how they broke up. 

• Replies 408
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Pikachu92 said:

I think opening episode 1 when Kim Jae Hyuk at the stadium had league is story when he already out from the prison. Because he don't wear couple ring and pitching with right hand. So Kim Jae Hyuk will realease from prison is on oktober 2017. Hope so, i hope Kim Jae Hyuk and Ji Hoo will come back together again. I'm still curious about the age gap between Kim Jae Hyuk and Kim Ji Ho and how they broke up. 

Wow, I hadn't thought of that!!! How awesome!!! Also, great observation.

The only time I cry during this drama are in the scenes of Ji Ho and Je Hyuk. I cried not for them, but because a second longer of them means a second lesser of screentime for my dear cellmates. Yes, I'm an outright anti-Ji Ho and Je Hyuk.  

Wow...waited patiently for 2 weeks for this...watched it, thoroughly enjoyed it, complete with many nail-biting moments because of the JH’s assailant being housed in the same cell as our beloved prisoner(s), in addition to the assailant’s possible collab with the other hardcore baddies in the yard. All these feelings without subs. Hahaha...

It’s such a good drama that these “woes” are minor.

PS I thought the PD did a good job of pacing every character’s story so far. Including our mains. I always love a good loveline of course but then, again, this is no rom-com. So just enjoy this drama without getting angsty or anti-anything. 

Will wait again patiently for next week when subs come out or when kind @stroppysesubbed some clips. :wub:

Happy New Year everyone and Hwaiting! :wub:

They don't have so much promotion about this drama. They don't do press conference like others drama did. But that was so relieved they are got many viewers, thats was big  viewers for tv cable. I think people who don't watch it, because there is no famous actor or actress in here. But they are all wrong, they should see the story and i think they whould like this drama. 

After i watch episode 11, I was very disappointed to ji ho but I also want a jae hyuk also feel regret because of what he was to do to ji ho. I hope the love story of jae hyuk and ji ho back again. I'm very curious end of episode 10, what Ji Ho said to his friend, whether he received or not the confession.

I made an account here just to discuss this drama lol. It's currently the only drama I enjoy, and I'm very sad because subs always come out late :(((. Watched a bit of ep 11 already so  a little spoiler, and the boys trying to protect Jehyuk is so adorable.

Also, can we talk about how Hanyang/Looney steals the show? Everytime I'm watching this drama I always wait for him to appear. It's fascinating to see how different his normal side and his 'drugged' side are. I think he didn't live a happy life before entering prison despite having it all: good job, good family, money, boyfriend. 

5 hours ago, triplem said:

ThAnks @stroppyse for the translation. Like @jbying7 I have to also wait patiently for the subs to be released next Tuesday on Netflix. It’s well worth the wait as I love every episode. 

I cried so much in eps 10 when Ko left. That conversation he had with Min Chul  before he left & the sad faces of the rest of  the crew was so moving. I cried tears of joy & felt so happy for Min Chul when Jean Val Jean made good of his promise & came to visit with gifts for all the inmates!

Oh I’m definitely enjoying the cute prickly relationship btwn Hanyang & Capt Yoo.

@Ahmad Kamil Awesome news on ratings!!!

I live for Hanyang and Capt. Yoo bickering! Hanyang's "fights" with KAIST are also very funny I love how sassy he is lmao

27 minutes ago, stroppyse said:

Han Yang is an interesting character. I think he's having difficulties with his homosexuality in the sense that he wants to be open with his lover, but his lover doesn't seem to want to be as open. Also, he probably would have had problems being homosexual in Korean society anyway. Plus, the stresses of getting into and attending the most prestigious university in the country as well as having to live up to the expectations of his rich family.

Since he studied to be a pharmacist, he probably started dabbling in prescription drugs while he was studying in his major, then became a full blown addict. He's trying to cold turkey quit the habit now which is extremely hard and painful, and takes more will than most people have. So, the drama is showing that Han Yang in addition to being extremely intelligent also has significant strength of will, I think. He has been a real contrast versus the foolish drug addict that we are first introduced to him as.

I agree. Although he's mostly on Looney mode in prison, he never hesitates to speak out his mind. He always has an opinion on something and I often agree with him. He's very witty and sassy as well. His family seems to be very strict, I think he has a strained relationship with his mother. She was with Jiwon when Hanyang was arrested, so maybe she knows about their relationship as well although she probably doesn't like it.  At some point, I agree with his mother letting him stay in prison instead of bailing him out, but her reason seems to be more about money and his relationship with Jiwon rather than "I want my son to snap out of it and learn from his mistake."

The other inmates still don't know if Jiwon is a guy (except for Lit. Paeng) since they often address Jiwon as lover instead of girlfriend. I think they used the word girlfriend a few times, but Hanyang never bothered to correct them. He just said that he can't live without Jiwon, which is a common name for both girls and boys. I wish we will find out more about his background, I also think that he's a very interesting character. I first fell in love with Law Man, but in later episode Hanyang really intrigues me. He's the representation of our young generation (although Law Man and Jean Valjean are younger than him). I want him to think that it's okay to be who he is, it's okay to reveal your true feelings.  It's also worth noting that Capt. Yoo is the same age as him, and in a way they're so similar, but also so different. 

Junho also feels mysterious for me. I wondered why he always seems cheerful and supportive of Jehyuk although he's supposed to be a bit bitter. Yes, the show revealed that he actually felt jealous and down because of Jehyuk's and his friends' success since he could've been one of them too. But it's still not enough. I feel that he struggles a lot inside and bottles up his feelings, it's just he doesn't show it because he wants to be seen as a composed person (the way he deals with rude inmates says it all). Hopefully his relationship with Jehee will help him to open up a little bit. 

Oh Gosh, I think I wrote too much LOL. Sorry, good dramas always make me get carried away!

Okay my first time writing here, second time in soompi (hihi im really shy) anyway I just wanna know if there are gonna be subs for the special episode aired (after episode 10) since it contains BTS and whatnot (i really wanna watch this *cries in addiction*) cause I thought I was gonna get my prison dose (also hanyang dose)  this week turns out i have to wait till next week (episode 11-12 sub) huhuuhhhhuhu

Kudos to the team and actors they're really doing a great job of making me forget this world for 3 hours (and more?) every week. HANYANG!!! I NEED MY DOSE OF HANYANG THIS WEEK!!! huhuhu

2 hours ago, stroppyse said:

Okay, now, I don't like Ji Ho. How can she say "I love you very much, so I understand." then immediately follow that up with paraphrasing "but, you won't express yourself to me, so I can't take it any more, so let's break up"? And, poor Jae Hyuk just standing there in incredible pain while Ji Ho says everything that she has to say and then walks off leaving him in pain. She knows him and how he takes his time to react, speak, act, but she's not even giving him a chance to actually say anything. She's already made up her mind, says what she wants to say, and does what she wants. How is that loving him so much and being considerate of him?

For the first time in this drama, I don't want Jae Hyuk to get back together with Ji Ho. I want them to stay separated and for Jae Hyuk to find another woman he can love who will take the time to truly understand him and give him room to express himself or not. The only thing is that Jae Hyuk has only ever loved Ji Ho, so I realize that he's not going to get over her any time soon, if ever. *sigh* So frustrated now with this stupid romance. *pout*

I totally disagree with you. 

I find the portrayal of Ji Ho and Jae Huyk relationship very interesting and realistic. First of all, Jae Hyuk is crazy in love with Ji Ho, no doubts. She's the only girl he would care about and Jae Hyuk is the kind that is very loyal and devote to the person he loves. He wouldn't change. He shows his subtle squees and happiness whenever he's with Ji Ho, we the viewers see that; everyone around Jae Huyk sees that. 

If I were in Ji Ho's shoes, I would find Jae Huyk a very frustrating boyfriend, who would not share his sorrows and open up with girl friend. Ji Ho is correct, this kind of relationship where you hide away when you're sad with the excuse of not wanting to make your partner sad is unhealthy hence she initiates a break up. Now if we follow all the flashbacks of their relationships, Ji Ho is always the one who talks, who share things - Jae Huyk would just listen - he's happy to be with Ji Ho and would drop at her place whenever he has free time, but his way of expression is different. 

I really want to see Jae Hyuk become pro-active and chase for his love Ji Ho now which i think it would be the direction of their relationship in the later half of the drama. This whole Jae Huyk going to prison things will really be the catalyst for their relationship. 

I know we have been given some views of Jae Huyk, but really Jae Huyk should be glad he has someone like Ji Ho in his life. It's essential that you can freely share, not only the happy part of your life, but also the embarrassing parts and the sad parts of your life too. Jae Hyuk is definitely still not open enough with Ji Ho with the lame excuse that I'm doing this because I don't want you to be sad with me so you shouldn't bother trying making me talk about it. 

And I don't think Ji Ho is selfish at all. Before realizing she likes Jae Huyk, she always get happy when it rains because it means baseball game is cancelled and she gets to see Jae Huyk. Do you think she doesn't suffer from dating with a celebrity boyfriend who's busy most of the time?  She's part of the supporting characters that made up Jae Huyk so we rarely get to see her as a whole. But I do feel for Ji Ho. 

Viewership ratings sets new record again of 9.393%(10.5115% for Metropolitan)! It has been gradually increasing for 9 episodes in a row.

Argh. It's kind of torture to wait for subs released on Tuesday. Going to re-watch previous 4 episodes at least during weekend.

4 hours ago, kaqueski said:

I totally disagree with you. 

I find the portrayal of Ji Ho and Jae Huyk relationship very interesting and realistic. First of all, Jae Hyuk is crazy in love with Ji Ho, no doubts. She's the only girl he would care about and Jae Hyuk is the kind that is very loyal and devote to the person he loves. He wouldn't change. He shows his subtle squees and happiness whenever he's with Ji Ho, we the viewers see that; everyone around Jae Huyk sees that. 

If I were in Ji Ho's shoes, I would find Jae Huyk a very frustrating boyfriend, who would not share his sorrows and open up with girl friend. Ji Ho is correct, this kind of relationship where you hide away when you're sad with the excuse of not wanting to make your partner sad is unhealthy hence she initiates a break up. Now if we follow all the flashbacks of their relationships, Ji Ho is always the one who talks, who share things - Jae Huyk would just listen - he's happy to be with Ji Ho and would drop at her place whenever he has free time, but his way of expression is different. 

I really want to see Jae Hyuk become pro-active and chase for his love Ji Ho now which i think it would be the direction of their relationship in the later half of the drama. This whole Jae Huyk going to prison things will really be the catalyst for their relationship. 

I know we have been given some views of Jae Huyk, but really Jae Huyk should be glad he has someone like Ji Ho in his life. It's essential that you can freely share, not only the happy part of your life, but also the embarrassing parts and the sad parts of your life too. Jae Hyuk is definitely still not open enough with Ji Ho with the lame excuse that I'm doing this because I don't want you to be sad with me so you shouldn't bother trying making me talk about it. 

And I don't think Ji Ho is selfish at all. Before realizing she likes Jae Huyk, she always get happy when it rains because it means baseball game is cancelled and she gets to see Jae Huyk. Do you think she doesn't suffer from dating with a celebrity boyfriend who's busy most of the time?  She's part of the supporting characters that made up Jae Huyk so we rarely get to see her as a whole. But I do feel for Ji Ho. 

I agree with you too, maybe it's look like JH is being stubborn and not considerate for Jae Hyuk. Actually she really care for him and still love him even though she say broke up with him. She just want Jae Hyuk to open up his feeling to her as a couple. She still support him in jail and always visit him, actually she just gather courage to meet him and act like usually to him and support him behind, but not with Jae Hyuk. Jae Hyuk just said to Ji Ho to not visit her anymore because they are broke up. Maybe she said, she always visit Jae Hyuk because of Jae Hyuk mothers ask her but she's just visit him because she miss him. And Jae Hyuk don't show that to Ji Ho that is Jae Hyuk is still love Ji Ho. Jae Hyuk always miss her but not talk to much to Ji Ho. Instead of talking to Ji Ho, Jae Hyuk just hide them and told Ji Ho not to visit him anymore, he doing the same things to Ji Ho

3 hours ago, stroppyse said:

I'm going to stop spamming this thread with my translations now. :) However, one final comment about this week's episodes. I think these are the first episodes that I've watched without getting all teary. There are plenty of touching moments, but I think perhaps I feel some hope for the cellmates.

No, please don't stop to translate it. Because prison playbook subtitle always come late better than other drama. I think i can't wait any longer until the sub come out. Thanks to you, i can't understand little bit. :D

I like this song, this is like Jae Hyuk's feeling to Ji Ho

I hate myself too.
No answer. What was the problem between us?
I think one day, the conclusion is one
One small dot after our sentence
I still do not feel well,
It was the light that shone on us.
It looks brighter today
The shadow of my heart gets thicker
Your voice can not be heard anymore
Two pretty eyes that I can not see again
I want to see more today
It’s all like this.
That’s all.
This is what we are.
I can not be different.
The sky is clear, my air is so tangible
The moon is bright and my heart is blurry.
I need a feeler switch so I can turn it on and off.
Even if I remember you, I could do my job
It’s already gone too far.
You can not go back as if nothing happened.
It’s so stupid.
I did not know it but now I’m full of you.
I can not believe it yet.
The folly that promised our future
It looks brighter today
My shadows grow thicker.
Nowadays
Your lips that your body can not match again
I am more missed today
It’s all like this.
That’s all.
This is what we are.
I can not be different.
It will dull over time.
Now this pain will be a memory.
But I do not need no cure
Now this wound is yours to me
It’ll be the only trail.
It’s all like this.
That’s all.
This is what we are.
I can not be different.
I can not do that

[Translation:Google translate]

6 hours ago, kaqueski said:

I think Jiho and Jehyuk understand each other so well, but if Jehyuk were my boyfriend, I'd find him frustrating as well, so I agree with you. It's not that Jiho doesn't want to understand him, she does. She's always been so patient with him because she knows how he is. However, no matter how understanding a person can be, there's a limit. Jiho had reached her limit when they broke up, but it doesn't mean that she doesn't love him anymore. She just wants to feel loved too, and although in one way or another she knows that Jehyuk is so in love with her, sometimes it's not enough. She's adjusted with his personality, and I think it's now Jehyuk's turn to start understanding what Jiho wants. Their growth as a couple/best friends is so interesting and realistic, I really love it. They make mistakes, but they also understand and love each other so much. Their breakup is just a part of their journey, since they're obviously that couple that belong to each other no matter what happens. They'll always go back to each other. I don't particularly "ship" them, but I love their dynamics as a couple. Their relationship really shows that they've known each other forever, it's well written and Haesoo and Krystal's chemistry exceeded my expectation! 

18 minutes ago, mijooliet said:

They'll always go back to each other. I don't particularly "ship" them, but I love their dynamics as a couple. Their relationship really shows that they've known each other forever, it's well written and Haesoo and Krystal's chemistry exceeded my expectation! 

I agree with you, i hope they are back together. Its not like i'm ship them for real. But for the story , i hope jae hyuk feels happy. Everyone on his side, i hope his love line too. :D

13 hours ago, triplem said:

Enjoyed reading your posts. Like you, jun Ho felt like an enigma to me as well until eps 10. The thing about him is that given his talents & how easy things come to him , he never had to struggle to achieve something or put in the kind of effort Je Hyuk had to achieve success. When things come to you easily , the passion is lacking.  So the problem is , like I said in my previous post , he doesn’t have the tenacity & determination to go the distance. He is afraid of risks. But I see that changing. He lost his temper at The prisoner disturbing the priest. That’s a good sign :D

I love that JKH took up this role 

Yeah, he is definitely afraid of risks. He's really afraid of failures and since he's not desperate (because he's good at so many things) like Jehyuk, Junho has never experienced a grand success in his carreers. I can feel that he's changing too (love how he stood up for the priest as well!), and I wanna see more of that! Plus his relationship with Jehee is so adorable. I love the dynamics between him and Joondol as well, they're the best. 

I love Jung Kyungho! I first watched him in Heartless City back in... 2013 I think? And I instantly fell in love. However, I later realized that I watched him for the VERY first time years before, when he appeared in I'm Sorry, I Love You with Im Soojung and Seo Jisub LOL. Kyungho has played so many kinds of characters and he suits each of them, he's a versatile actor.

Archived