Quantcast
Go Seung Ji

[Drama 2017-2018] Prison Playbook (Wise Prison Life) 슬기로운 감빵생활

So the main story is Jae Hyuk trying to make the jail into a better place. First roommate guys then second roommate guys,.. that's how the story improve.
This drama is more like a 'slice-of-life' drama than black-comedy drama.
They going to show some romance in next ep.

• Like 5

this is so frustrating. why wont any site pick up this drama? while there is no other popular title around the same time slot (I guess).. TT.TT if just i got anyone can translate for me, i could timecode them if there is no other option..TT.TT

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

Now we know why there are no subs available. It will be on Netflix. Thanks for sharing, @Ahmad Kamil. :)

Apparently not on German Netflix unfortunately. At least not yet. Germany tends to be a lot slower with k-dramas. :D

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I'm not really familiar with Netflix, but I did find a page they call Media Center. And yes, there is a drama called Prison Playbook starting on November 28th, but the synopsis goes like this:

A high school girl finally gets her own apartment, but she has to share it with the most popular boy in school. No one can know they're living together.

This cannot be the drama we are talking about in this thread, can it?

Oh yes, I'm in Europe, not Asia.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Hi everyone. I am interested in watching this drama and am saddened that there are no subs. I am not familiar with Netflix. Do we have to pay to watch? And will it be subbed on Netflix? or will there be no subs available at all? 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Ahmad Kamil said:

It will start streaming on Netflix Asia on 1st December. I thought it is today, maybe in other regions.

https://www.netflix.com/title/80214406

@yoyo_icecube, Netflix probably owns the license for this exclusively. So other legal sites(VIU, Viki, DramaFever) may not obtain rights to sub it.

I checked and found Indonesian subtitle in subscene.. its not full thou few scenes are out of translation but still appreciate the effort of the translator...

Still waiting for English sub, and happy to read this good news

• Like 3

GMWHB3GEMVFOID87P3U5.png

Spoiler

HDLYA3VVTIZ6K1TS399I.pngB5JQMWMUHYNXSPZQD8SU.png

KYUKWCJFEWVFWN2JON9U.png

Spoiler

8SFFO3U1KLVPL4MFEBHH.pngTCPQU1F9WTWR9L8GD6QL.pngRVCP8NFT915AAYEIN224.pngIOP6LFHJGQAUA5SZEDDU.pngNLKK5R7GE2785NDD1RDH.pngH1J54X7IJCKXJSOMGQAK.png

O1QQ86EELOHGIOWXLIOS.png

WAITING FOR SUBTITLES. ..........

its first time I have to wait for subtitles for k drama never ever imagined for this day . I have to suffer for cdrama  subtitles issue but now k drama :bawling:

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

9 hours ago, mystic11 said:

Hi everyone. I am interested in watching this drama and am saddened that there are no subs. I am not familiar with Netflix. Do we have to pay to watch? And will it be subbed on Netflix? or will there be no subs available at all? 

Yes Netflix is subscription based, and the one that @Ahmad Kamil mentioned is for Asia.  Not sure if Netflix in Europe / USA has the same. Cause when ManxMan was showing the last time On Netflix Asia , it premiered at the same time since the drama was pre produced. It was shown in Netflix USA but at a later date. For Prison Playbook there’s a delay since this is not pre produced & time is needed to sub it. It will be subbed since Netflix bought the rights. Anyway I’ll let you guys know if i See it this Friday as I’m a Netflix Asia subscriber. 

@Sakari lol! I read that synopsis too. Sounds off 

Edited by triplem
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, mystic11 said:

Yes, we have to pay for Netflix (I think it's something like USD10 per month.) And I'm pretty sure there are subs on Netflix – however, I'm not sure which language they are in. The problem is that Netflix seems to be pretty global nowadays. So the language of the subs could depend on the location/country the client is in, as identified by the client's (network) address.

Prison Playbook is a good example of this in that there seem to be two current Netflix dramas with the same title, but the Korean one is shown on Netflix Asia (as reported by Ahmad Kamil), and the other, on Netflix somewhere-else  (or whatever the latter is called.) I don't even know where this other drama comes from - the synopsis reads like a Japanese manga/anime...

Come to think of it, audiences in some countries are not used to subtitles, so Netflix might have stuff dubbed into some other languages than the original one. But I'm no expert on their services.

• Like 3

@RPM You’re such a tease .  :D Ok the good news is on one the sub sites I used they have subbed the 1st eps. Which means a number of the sites will pick it up soon. 

Ok the scene of the day ...

• Like 4

Good news, I found ENGLISH SUBS at subscene for episode 1 and 2, and its VIU??? 

Guess our hardship is about to over now..

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Yippeuni said:

Good news, I found ENGLISH SUBS at subscene for episode 1 and 2, and its VIU??? 

Guess our hardship is about to over now..

It is not VIU, but Winner Fan Sub from Indonesia. The person who uploaded it removed the credit.

untitled.png

Netflix has released first two episodes.  They release two new episodes every Tuesday. I have shared subtitles for episode 1 and 2 on subscene.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3