Quantcast
Go Seung Ji

[Drama 2018] Mr. Sunshine, 미스터 션샤인 - Winner of Critics’ Choice Award for Drama category

@peonie  oh my god!, laughed hard with bingo Mr Sunshine

To win across at bottom, you have to spot Hui-seong drinks, Hina being Shady and dramatic flashbacks!!! :lol:

Love the IG handler, witty.

5F18B2DA-2BB6-4FCA-BE27-5E177807D72B

• Like 6
  • LOL 9
  • Thanks 1

Thank you @bedifferent  for pointing out the bottom of the Bingo Card.  I missed it entirely as I was trying to post.  LOL

Waiting with great anticipation to watch  Episode 11 very soon.  

• Like 3

:astonished: epic fight scene !! 

Bromance taking to the next level B)

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1

@mistergenie TVN tend to troll us with their spoilers and previews but for the case of MrSunshine Netflix IG, since it's a genuine account and not managed by fans, I tend to believe what they say and for me it refers to the OTP. Anyways....we will find out tomorrow ! 

• Like 11

So far, the Eugene-Ae Shin encounter followed the path of OPTIMISTIC VIEW (suggested by @mistergenie) .. phew! And with a little arm-twisting, EC managed to get the Chaperons (AS' right & left hand men) to give Ae Shin the music box, perhaps as a farewell gift(?).:wub: Eugene probably thought that AS needed it more.

At Hotel Glory, Do Mi's sister became the intruder's bait but she already trusted Eugene with her life and that, knowing English proved helpful to both of them.th_rbhcool.gif Ae Shin x Hina's sword fight, a female version of Storm Shadow x Snake Eyes fight, Joseon style. 782.gif

Lots of action, tears and laughs too in ep11 indeed! But the highlight.. is Eugene taking a Hangul writing test under the strict teacher Do Mi's watchful eyes but the sweet boy proved to be such a considerate soul, quickly pretending that he's the one learning to save Eugene from being found out by Gwan Soo. :P

• Like 8
  • Thanks 3

I have already steeled myself for a sad E11(which I will watch in a few hrs) but I am way too curious about one thing and that is the preview for E12 - so, those who watched it, what can you say? More angst to come? Or a hint of optimism in it? 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, mistergenie said:

I have already steeled myself for a sad E11(which I will watch in a few hrs) but I am way too curious about one thing and that is the preview for E12 - so, those who watched it, what can you say? More angst to come? Or a hint of optimism in it? 

I haven't seen it either.. a few more hours (of sleep, first) for me. ^_^ Since tvN doesn't post the clips anymore, the IG is filled with various clips, but can't really tell which scenes comes first or before or after. Seems like there're various scenes feat. more of the supporting cast tonight, probably because there's less EC+AS after the glove scene.

Eugene seems eager to continue learning Hangul, obviously he's still not wholeheartedly feeling the urgency to leave Joseon. Could be waiting for reasons to make him stay. ;)

@Ahpheng LOL.. I've had that for ages (saved from years of posting at forums), good thing it can now be used! :lol:

Ep. 12 preview (credit IG as stated)

Doesn't look like Eugene's going anywhere, perhaps till his transfer is approved. Maybe Kyle would mess it up instead..

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

@sileli123

When Eugene and Ae Shin come across each other on that bridge in the E12 preview, look closely at Eugene's hand - he is holding a red pinwheel. Does this mean Ae Shin placed that red pinwheel before going on a mission, despite knowing that he was soon leaving Joseon? Does this mean he went to the apothecary to see her? ARGH! These two!! Pretty sure that this scene will be in the beginning of E12. So, I am still holding out hope that the episode ends on a happy note forEugene/Ae Shin. 

30 minutes ago, rubie said:

Ep. 14 preview (credit IG as stated)

Ahem! you mean E12, right? Interesting that there are two vastly different(with small amount of same scenes) previews for tomorrow's episode. I wonder if Eugene's investigation of that assassin is keeping him in Joseon and maybe events unfold in such a way that he never leaves. 

• Like 2

I must admit that I was also well trolled by previews and writers. I predicted something, but the plot went a little differently... murder of the new minister of foreign affairs by Lee Van Ik? More thoughts soon... 

• Like 2

Some random thoughts of what struck a cord in me in Ep 11:

Ae Shin asked Eugene to bring her to a quiet place where nobody can see them. She apologised to him and explained why she reacted that way on that day by the frozen lake. She explained that her world came crushing down after hearing his story as she felt that she is just a spoilt noble woman instead of the fighter that she thought she was. She also explained that she had never given much thought about his origin and she had probably just assumed that Eugene is a nobleman like herself. She asked him not to be hurt. Eugene was so understanding. He said that there are indeed differences in power, differences in social status in the Joseon world between them but it is not her fault and neither is it his fault. He asked her to continue to be a fighter but still be Lady Go Ae Shin as this can protect and keep her save and alive longer. He ended by telling her to continue to move forward while he will be the one who will be taking a step back. And sob, sob, this is the only scene that the two will appear together in Ep 11.

Eugene is learning Hangul so that he can write his farewell letter to Ae Shin. He gave his music box to Ae Shin as a farewell gift through Ae Shin’s maid.

I like how Hina gave the wrong key to Eugene to let him know there is an intruder in his room. And how Eugene communicated in English to Domi’s sister that he was going to shoot and she should move left to avoid his shot. So cool. He also saved the girl who was shot by Lee Se Hun and took care of her medical expenses. Quite impressed by Kim Eun Seok that she went to such details in her writing even to the extent of what happened to servant girl who was shot.

OK, I am firmly on team Eugene Ae Shin after today’s episode. :D

• Like 13
  • LOL 3

1 hour ago, mistergenie said:

Ahem! you mean E12, right? Interesting that there are two vastly different(with small amount of same scenes) previews for tomorrow's episode. I wonder if Eugene's investigation of that assassin is keeping him in Joseon and maybe events unfold in such a way that he never leaves. 

th_poster_oops.gifEp14!! Where did that come from? th_aigoo1.gif Must be the lack of Eugene-Ae Shin scenes making the mind wondering to Hanseong :P.. I've corrected my post, thanks! Don't want the drama to end too soon.. just more EC+AS scenes. 176.gif

But it seems that episode 11 was not so depressing nor teary as thought, some unexpected comic moments and fighting/action aplenty. Episode 12 previews on the other hand (the vibes are somewhat distressing :unsure:).. I think there will be more clips released tomorrow. Apparently tvn and Netflix doesn't settle for just one version of episode previews.

ms216a.jpg

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

And not to forget about the fight between Ae Shin and Hina.....wow., it was actually quite exciting. Ae Shin is cool as always but I think in this scene, Hina totally slayed it. She really gave the vibe of a female fatale fighting in that tight dress with that thigh high slit.....Hina went to her father’s house to try to find the autopsy report of her late husband if I am not wrong. But not quite sure what is Ae Shin looking for in Wan Ik’s house.

Although I had watched previous dramas of Kim Min Jung, she really shone in the role of Hina for me. If I am not already firmly on team Eugene Ae Shin, I think I would have jumped ship to team Eugene Hina....B)

• Like 8

1 hour ago, charray said:

And not to forget about the fight between Ae Shin and Hina.....wow., it was actually quite exciting. Ae Shin is cool as always but I think in this scene, Hina totally slayed it. She really gave the vibe of a female fatale fighting in that tight dress with that thigh high slit.....Hina went to her father’s house to try to find the autopsy report of her late husband if I am not wrong. But not quite sure what is Ae Shin looking for in Wan Ik’s house.

The fight scene was a beauty! AS was looking for court interpreters' reports to WI. - JM asked for it in the previous scene and Hunter Jang asked AS's help. - 

Although I had watched previous dramas of Kim Min Jung, she really shone in the role of Hina for me. If I am not already firmly on team Eugene Ae Shin, I think I would have jumped ship to team Eugene Hina....B)

They actually have pretty good chemistry too. Do you remember Hina's sleepless night thinking about EC leaving Korea?

Thoughts on today's episode.

- I love the new OST. 

- Again, AS showed us that how much of a straight person she is. I'm glad she comes out and said what she felt to EC (I think that was at least a month ago in drama time). EC definitely loves AS and shows it, but not telling he is leaving Joseon right away. I think HN will tell AS.

- HN saw AS-EC chance-meeting and keeping DM from seeing that.

- EC saying farewell to everybody he knows in Joseon. :'(

- I love Sumi! She's a bright kid and learn from experience.

- When Hunter Jang said it's not possible in Joseon, I was crying, "move to america!".

- Somebody said Eugene is the most beautiful soul in KES's dramas, I can see why. There seems to be only AS's happiness in his mind. 

- They share the love of guns! Joke aside, It's so sad for me to see EC thinking of AS holding her gun. 

- EC has always been using honorific to hangrang abum, til the end.

- HS connected most of the dots. And he's trying to be useful to AS. Alas, only if he just had come right before EC, things would have been different.

- DM-HS bromance is live! :D

- King is lonely and at the end of his power. I do think KES is portraying King's warmly and understand that decision. Also, probably even with better king, at this point of time things would've been hopeless.

- I like chemistry between HN and EC. They're so quick!

- EC fighting scene with a traitor(who killed AS's dad). I'm rerunning same scene again and again. Ah.. no one else can do righteous fury like LBH. 

- HN and AS fighting! From last week's preview, we'll see confrontation betweem over coffee tomorrow.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 2

15 minutes ago, mistymorning said:

The fight scene was a beauty! AS is looking for court interpreters' reports to WI. - JM asked for it in the previous scene and Hunter Jang asked AS's help. - 

So the document/letter that Ae Shin found, the one where she was a bit surprised to find  Eugene Choi's name written in it - is it part of the court interpreters reports to Wan Ik or is it something completely different? 

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, mistergenie said:

So the document/letter that Ae Shin found, the one where she was a bit surprised to find  Eugene Choi's name written in it - is it part of the court interpreters reports to Wan Ik or is it something completely different? 

No, that's WI's stooge stole from post office, to find information about missionaries in Northern part of the Korea, where Joseph is. The letter is from Joseph to Eugene, and seems to contain only personal information. But they're combining several information and WI ordered EC's room searched as well as his arm and leg broken.(Hah!)

Another thing we now know is, Joseph is a father figure to Eugene. Here is the 2nd page of the Joseph's letter, where Joseph is calling Eugene as his son.

I should erase the word barely as ... medicine was quite expensive for a poor missonary.

I miss you, Eugene.

I learned how to make rice wine recently, ( ) bring some on my way to meet you. I will try not to empty it before I .... Hanseong.

Eugene, my noble one, the great one. My son.

I pray for your wherever you are. May God be with you always, .....

So... in my eye, this raises the chance of Joseph being killed by WI, thus making Eugene furious and will try to avenge his death. Eugene's losing another parent again. :tears:

• Like 8
  • Thanks 2