[Drama 2018] Mr. Sunshine, 미스터 션샤인 - Winner of Critics’ Choice Award for Drama category

Go Seung Ji

@rubie Thank you for loving and sharing my Twitter post chingu:wub:. I would love to post my views on this forum but I would always mess up when it comes to attachments. 

I can't express how much I love this drama and it's characters and their dynamics. I am having a ride of my kdrama life. :D

Btw I am curious if there is any fan fiction going around. I think I might need it if things go south with our couple. *God forbid* :vicx: Winter Is coming, KES is ruthless. And I need things to stack up as backup for my emotions. :( 

• Like 5

Translation (Character Description):

구ë매

Goo Dong-Mae

(Butcher's Son, Hanseong Branch Manager of Mushin Group) *That sounds weird but that is what Naver dictionary told me.

He was born, and found himself as a butcher's son. A butcher was not a person. A butcher's wife and daughters were cursed as if to be made examples of, and butcher men held knives, but they could not cut anyone, so every day was full of humiliation. If you ran into someone they would shudder, and if you made way for someone, they spat on you. It hurt less to be brutally beaten. It was an existence worse than cows or pigs, that was Dong-Mae.

He couldn't live as a cow or a pig, so he followed a gang of beggars and left the village. The "spring poverty" (scarce food before harvest season) was long and the "older brother's" beatings were vicious. The violence of the peasants against peasants was somehow more cruel than the violence from noblemen. There was no place in Joseon where life could be better for the butcher's son Dong-Mae.

He went to Japan and followed a group of "ronin" who used knives like he did. He began to use a blade at age 10. Dong-Mae's blade was fast, clean, and only targeted vital points. The leader favored him and gave him the name Ishida Sho, and that name changed Dong-Mae's world.

Dong-Mae, like a beast who hunts beasts, tore up and swallowed anyone who was in his way. Joseon or Japan, he was not a human in either land, but at least in Japan he was not a cow or a pig, but a beast. Everyone feared Dong-Mae. After a number of years, there was no one who could fight against Dong-Mae. His own gang was formed, and he took them and left Japan.

There was only one reason he returned to Joseon. The one person who ever looked at him, the eyes of that woman. In her gaze there was no contempt or disdain, not even fear. It was Ae-Shin, from the house of Go, the most respected Parliamentarian in Joseon. The more he became like a human, the more he only longed for that one name, Go Ae-Shin. He knew he shouldn't feel that way, but even if the entire world became his enemy, he didn't care.

But this American man keeping loitering in front of Ae-Shin, how bothersome. He feels like something was stolen from him. Even if he never had her. He only loves Ae-Shin, so he is crazed by love, and crazy with love, that is Dong-Mae.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

On 8/13/2018 at 4:22 AM, viktormani said:

I saw the preview for ep 13 and it seems like they will kill off the kid who is working for Eugene :( i'll cry a bucket if that happens.

Nooooooooooo... :o

Please, no.. :tears: but it'll makes sense if 'someone close' to Eugene other than Ae Shin, he just told Do Mi that he'll miss the boy a lot when he leaves. Do Mi reminded EC so much of himself when he was young.

What kind of villain would kill a young boy, that will surely set off a 'time-bomb' in Eugene..

• Like 6

drama OST All Are Great really :)

and I liked the song at the end of ep 12 . Hope they release it soon . 

but anybody knows about that song in ep 11 when Choi Yoojin goes to Jang and think about Ae-shin while shooting the Gun ?

(at 28' - ep 11)

kkfa_capture.png

please help me if you know :)

• Like 1

5 hours ago, viktormani said:

I saw the preview for ep 13 and it seems like they will kill off the kid who is working for Eugene :( i'll cry a bucket if that happens.

Did you mean the last part? It looks like big not small hand. The colour of the sleeve... blue..

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Susie Derkins said:

@rubie Thank you for loving and sharing my Twitter post chingu:wub:. I would love to post my views on this forum but I would always mess up when it comes to attachments. 

I can't express how much I love this drama and it's characters and their dynamics. I am having a ride of my kdrama life. :D

Btw I am curious if there is any fan fiction going around. I think I might need it if things go south with our couple. *God forbid* :vicx: Winter Is coming, KES is ruthless. And I need things to stack up as backup for my emotions. :( 

Ohh.. thanks so much to you for highlighting the clip on twitter, such a delightful clip to watch! :D It's really good to have laugh out loud moments in this undeniably serious-themed and sadness-inclined drama.

Nonetheless, it's just so cool to see IG and twitter bursting with MR.SUNSHINE fan-sharing. You'll learn to post them at the thread soon, it's pretty easy and straightforward with IG and twitter attachments.. just copy and paste the url, and that's it. Most of the time it will work unless something wasn't loading properly but it usually works.

We just don't know what will happen next (drama-wise), despite the historical background its based on. Hopefully, we won't need any fan-fiction.. hopefully we will get a good and sensible conclusion (for everyone), even if it might not be a true-blue fairy-tale ending. :mellow:

• Like 4

Finally a much happier episode for Ae Shin and Eugene though I am still not sure what the status now.. it looks like they’re happily dating with the understanding that they won’t have any future together but whatever, as long as they’re happy  :wub: 

Ae Shin just needs to learn how to handle that rifle extremely slowly which is probably hard for her to do since she picks up things really fast (cue the billiard thing)...

But goodness this show.. just when you think things are starting to get better and happier, show then gives that preview... I just want Ae Shin and Eugene to enjoy their happy dating life a bit longer before things start falling apart :mellow:

• Like 5

AGB Nielsen Ratings:

Episode 1   7/7/18       8.852%

Episode 2   7/8/18       9.691%

Episode 3   7/14/18    10.082%

Episode 4   7/15/18    10.567%

Episode 5   7/21/18    10.835%

Episode 6   7/22/18     11.713%

Episode 7  7/28/18      11.114%

Episode 8  7/29/18      12.330%

Episode 9  8/3/18        11.695%

Episode 10  8/4/18      13.534%

Episode 11  8/11/18    12.792%

Episode 12  8/12/18    13.399%

Source

• Like 10

17 minutes ago, philosophie said:

So some characters that have yet to be introduced:

• hinas missing mom
  • hinas step daughter aka apparently same age as her
  • joseph
  • missing anyone else?

Hina's deceased husband (flashback?)

MIA:

Minister Song Young, he disappeared after delivering baby Ae Shin to Lord Go.

sunshine-01-00119.jpg

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

@rubie (I can't seem to delete the picture of the BTS Meet and Greet from your quote) Thanks for the compliment, didn't know the Meet and Greet was a hot topic on twitter, I just post you see and don't read, gotta spend more time reading other posts and get ideas for stripping. 

• Like 5
  • LOL 2

58 minutes ago, bedifferent said:

AGB Nielsen Ratings:

Episode 1   7/7/18       8.852%

Episode 2   7/8/18       9.691%

Episode 3   7/14/18    10.082%

Episode 4   7/15/18    10.567%

Episode 5   7/21/18    10.835%

Episode 6   7/22/18     11.713%

Episode 7  7/28/18      11.114%

Episode 8  7/29/18      12.330%

Episode 9  8/3/18        11.695%

Episode 10  8/4/18      13.534%

Episode 11  8/11/18    12.792%

Episode 12  8/12/18    13.399%

Source

Wahh if you look at this— sunday’s episodes are always higher than saturday’s episodes eh... guess people stay out later on saturdays than sundays haha

• Like 6
  • LOL 2

@philosophie yes seems like there are more new characters. Wonder why they suddenly mentioned Hina's step daughter, maybe she will appear later for some purpose.

~~~

I feel really sad for Dong Mae, I know most people here are team Eugene, which is fine, that is the main otp: AS n EC. Hence I rather they make DM an outright violent villain then I will sympathesize him lesser, but he kept being nice to all the women, it just make everything sadder.

The scene that surprised me was his monologue infront of AS's parents altar. Who would have expected that he got to meet the parents first? Haha. It breaks my heart further that the next scene cut to AS dating happily. I want to tell DM, you stop worrying about AS and concentrate on making money for yourself and your band of brothers!

I did went to read up more on the Ronin people ie samurais without lords at that time. I dont know why the writer has to hammer another nail into DM's sorry status. He can slash anybody's throat, but remain low on the social ladder in both Joseon and Japan.

That said, I feel all the joy of dating love between AS and EC. All the flowers and nonsense Zebra stuff. Dating folks do the silliest things, yep, including eating paper. I am pretty sure AS and EC will have a happy ending. 

So my concern is with DM and Hina, these are people with sad life stories, will they have a sad ending too? The horrid villain Wan Ik asking eligible bachelors if they are married. Pfttt.

I am not asking for a happy ending for DM but he better not die early on me...

• Like 12

I haven't watched ep12 but I did catch the preview for ep 13. As I expected DM will be betrayed, sort of. WI is gonna used DM's rejection to provide service to implicate DM for the crime he didn't do or for killing his assistance or for changing allegiance (?). That snippet tortured scene... WI, he will be the last to die but I hope he dies without any mercy, urgh!

• Like 7

MRSN1_Week6_Thumb_16x9-400x240.png2018-08-12-11.png?resize=1024,576&ssl=1images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQYC8Bp-Zg6v7D0kvyp-dU

" I'll ask just one more thing, The emperor's bank certificate. 

You said you'd take the path that would ruin Joseon.  Then why did you return it?"

" I guess it was, to make you turn around once more like you did just now."

Whether your listening, reading or watching still it's the words those said and those that are left unsaid that are larger than life and just build upon each other.   Like a spark that quickly burns into a living and breathing flame.  It's being touched without seeing them touch at all.  It's their heartbeat and rhythm that moves in and out and yet stays in sync like watching their words dancing in mid air above and between them. 

Intimacy? 

They prove that two people can experience it through their minds alone. 

That love whether it's for a day or forever.

The experience everything that is felt through them and because of them.

Is not only remembered it becomes a living part of who and what,

You are...