[Mainland Chinese Drama 2018] Heavy Sweetness Ash-like Frost 香蜜沉沉烬如霜

sugarplum892

37 minutes ago, picklespickles said:

How did XF heal himself since didn't eat JM's flower?

In the drama, XF realized at one point that when JM was living in his eyes, she took up the energy that was causing him to break out into ice. I couldn't understand if she was deliberately doing this to heal him or it was part of energy cultivation for her to get stronger as a spirit. Regardless by doing so for three years, JM basically healed him. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, BaiZiHua said:

I really liked your insightful post and agree with what you said about Xu Feng. And I will try my best to answer your questions.

Hide contents

#1 He learns of it during the wedding scene when the Fox Immortal tell his about what all Jin Mi sacrificed in order to save him.  On ep 60 @ 29:24

#2 I'm not 100% sure about this one but I think he coughed up blood because he originally put her petal into one of his souls. So they might have been in some way connected as one. So when she destroyed/crushed the petal in a sense it crushed his heart/soul or wherever he stored the petal in his body too.

Thank you for clarifying things! 

It makes sense. I think if he had known, he couldn't have brought himself to use the petal in this way. Even doing this much was very hard for him so no way he would have used it.

• Like 2

I literally was crying when Xu Feng call Run Yu “brother” again in the end. One word but holds a lot of meaning. To me it’s like one of the sweetest moments of them. Finally get to see Run Yu became a little Fish Fairy again. 

The ending was satisfying because it’s a happy ending but there are some parts that’s missing. If they could have show a proper wedding and an ending kiss OMG THAT WOULD BE HELLA CUTE.  They never show my MOON DEITY or even Yan You in the last 2 episodes like BRUH .-. 

If Run You could finally know that the little Deer and the Guard were with him since the beginning and he’s not technically alone. If he could accept her feelings and start his life over again that would make me really happy even though I don’t really like the Guard, but her loyalty deserves it.

I really love this drama, even though it ends but I still can’t get over it 

• Like 5

Has all episodes aired ? 

I at 20th episode, and wow I love the view, their houses, the lakes, so pretty. The houses that Night use to hide JM in mortal is like a modern villa. Love it specially it has veranda lake. Idkwhat its called. Aside JM stupidity character making me wanna pull my hair out, I like it so far. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, renjunnie said:

http:// http://weibo-talk.blogspot.com/2018/09/netizens-want-deng-lun-and-yang-zi-to.html?m=1

How do you all think about this article? I'm happily in!!! 

Spoiler

YES PLEASE, Chinese version of What's wrong with secretary kim...it is quite coincidental Yang Zi is brand ambassador with Park Seo joon, they should talk about getting copyrights to do Chinese version lol....reunite Deng Lun and Yang Zi, that kdrama for sure was all about the love, drama free relationship of the OTP...

• Like 3

38 minutes ago, Sary Em said:
  Reveal hidden contents

YES PLEASE, Chinese version of What's wrong with secretary kim...it is quite coincidental Yang Zi is brand ambassador with Park Seo joon, they should talk about getting copyrights to do Chinese version lol....reunite Deng Lun and Yang Zi, that kdrama for sure was all about the love, drama free relationship of the OTP...

That'll be cool. Something I'd look forward, too. :lol:

• Like 2

2 hours ago, ode2pika said:

Has all episodes aired ? 

I at 20th episode, and wow I love the view, their houses, the lakes, so pretty. The houses that Night use to hide JM in mortal is like a modern villa. Love it specially it has veranda lake. Idkwhat its called. Aside JM stupidity character making me wanna pull my hair out, I like it so far. 

All 63 episodes have aired. The show officially finished airing yesterday. Jin Mi gets better. Stick with it.

• Like 2

I want them to do another drama together but I'd rather it be an original cuz I don't want any comparison. I get a lil peeved when my fave gets dissed, even by strangers!! :sweatingbullets:

===

You'd think the show is done but there's still more promos for the show... And by promos I meant shameless product placement. I think these are the Osmanthus Phoenix wine they're selling!

006FF6JVgy1fuyy9ov3asj30ty1hctka.jpg

006FF6JVgy1fuyy9r8gkgj30ty1hcn8k.jpg

yeqf4_MAb1_DBxu_WRR.gif

This is from Hai Tang, bts. You're gonna watch it right?! My ppl!! :phew:

• Like 6
  • LOL 2
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Sary Em said:
  Hide contents

They'd be so hilarious together.  Deng Lun was awesome as Li Yun Kai in Because of meeting You and had good comedic timing

• Like 2

Trailer? for DL's new drama. I don't want to say this, but this doesn't look very good..... But that's 99% because I'm comparing it to HSALF. Also probably because the actress is *whispers* quite bad. It's funny to say this, but they really look like they're acting. How does a fantasy drama look more realistic than non-fantasy? 

Also kind of trailer for YZ's upcoming drama Go Go Squid! Looks better than DL's upcoming one but I can't really judge since this is more of a preview of a trailer lol. 

If I can, I'll definitely crowdfund YZ and DL's adaptation of What's wrong with secretary Kim? I think they would pull that off really well considering the nature of their off-screen relationship. Just not too excited for their upcoming dramas..... I don't really watch c-dramas ( because they're long and the ending is normally unsatisfactory *ahem Princess Agents ahem* ), so I can probably wait until YZ and DL become the lead couple in their next drama. YZ's schedule looks quite full with her upcoming dramas though, but I hope there's some kind of announcement that they will be cast as leads for a drama sometime soon. With all the hype that they're getting, it wouldn't be surprising if a director did cast them, even if the release date is for 2020 I'll still look forward to it. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, thehumantree said:

I want them to do another drama together but I'd rather it be an original cuz I don't want any comparison. I get a lil peeved when my fave gets dissed, even by strangers!! :sweatingbullets:

==

You'd think the show is done but there's still more promos for the show... And by promos I meant shameless product placement. I think these are the Osmanthus Phoenix wine they're selling!

This is from Hai Tang, bts. You're gonna watch it right?! My ppl!! :phew:

WOW! That's soo cool. Lol! Osmanthus Phoenix! Nice. :lol:

Will be looking forward to Deng Lun's next drama. Let me know when it does come out. Join all the craziness about him. :lol:

@thehumantree Love the fantart! It's soo cute!

• Like 1

That Osmanthus Phoenix reminds me of San Sheng San Shi when they promoting the Tao Hua Wine. LOL

This drama has a lot of flaws but when I settled down and rethink, I am really thankful for a wonderful director who has been so details to bring out the best out of the characters and the graphics that captured our attention. The drama and novel will always be slightly different but Phoenix and JM will always be in our heart.

I was browsing weibo a few minutes ago and saw that when Yang Zi accepted the role, she introduced Deng Lun. In an interview, she said she wants to work more with him.

They have the chemistry, though is wasted that many plots have changed from Ep 12 onward (I have the original scripts from the 2nd group of editors that uploaded ep 1-31 and many people are comparing the diff between original and current drama and while some are happy that some phrases are changed and make it much sweeter when the 2 main leads were involved but some changed caused a lot of controversies that made Phoenix's character not just weaken but unethical.) I wished things can be changed but none. That is how China dramas are like at times when personal interests are involved.

To me, the ending when I think back, I can only find and explained their happiness through common sense when we compared how common couple behaved after marriage (those who are satisfied with life and take my hub and myself as the example).

When I rewatched the drama a 2nd time yesterday, my hub joined me and he really enjoyed the interaction of the 2 leads. They gave us laughter and joys. They reminded us how love can begin. I watched their first drama year back and now I was being reminded of how I enjoyed their cute relationship in the first drama.

If they can act a rewrite ver of What's Wrong with Secretary Kim, I will definitely support them but I hope that whoever wants to rewrite will stop the crazy long episodes and add in necessary storylines. Keep it simple and sweet.

We don't need long storylines, what we need is tons of sweetness.

Looking forward to their next drama. Hopefully, it will not be years apart. =) And see you chingus in next drama. Maybe it will be San Sheng San Shi Zhen Shang Shu.

• Like 6

I will check out both dramas from Deng Lun, even if I am not too optimistic. Plot wise they dont look like my thing. Also, Go Go Squid with YangZi. I really like the book it is based on, probably more than I liked HSALF bc it is just fluffness. 

I would love for YangZi and Deng Lun to work on a modern drama together. An original script would be better but those are hard to find nowadays. If they are doing an adaptation then Best to Have Met You. Even if they dont fit the image that I originally had in mind, I think acting wise they would do really good with the plot and I love that story <3 

• Like 2

Did ya'll miss Puchi because I just saw this BTS of Leo pretending to be Puchi and he said it was disgusting when he had to wink at kuang lu (the guard). He asked her why she did not hit him haha! 

I'm gonna miss discussing this while the drama is airing with everyone. I'm just hoping more BTS or deleted scenes come out. I also really want to see an NG collection :D

EDIT: I also feel this series does have potential to get a bunch of spin-off such as Night in his own drama as a spin-off then maybe fans wouldn't be pissed off. Or as someone mentioned about the white Egret and little demon princess as the next season --- or we can even have Puchi host his own comedy show with Moon god/ fate god. xD So much potential for this to have a lot of fanfics/ fan side stories....if we let our imaginations run....

• Like 1
  • LOL 3

Ashes of Love finale ratings, farewell to a memorable cast

Ashes of Love final ratings CSM %
Ashes of Love 香蜜沉沉烬如霜 brought in CSM52 ratings of 1.322% and CSMNationwide ratings of 1.638% on its final day of airing and also broke past ratings of 2% in realtime at one point. It may not be as impressive as last year's Princess Agents, which hit 2% for days despite being a 10pm show. but it definitely counts as a hit drama for the summer. 

I won't bore you with my endless obsession over the show, other than to say that I'm really happy for the show and the cast. I am happy with the ending too, and the only thing I'm really sad about is that there will be no more episodes starting from today.

Ashes of Love Yang Zi as Jin Mi
Yang Zi as Jin Mi. She's the heart of the show for me. Other than Yang Zi, I really can't imagine anyone as Jin Mi because she was too good at it. It's not an easy role to play with all the nuances required of a character who didn't know love until she had lost it. 

Ashes of Love Deng Lun as Xu Feng
Deng Lun as Xu Feng. He's a sweetheart. I hear his god of war persona was toned down a lot, and while we'll never know how a more war-driven story would have panned out, this is a man who cried, bled and died for love. How does one not fall for that? 

Ashes of Love Leo Luo Yunxi as Run Yu
Leo Luo Yunxi as Run Yu. His biggest mistake was to chase after a love that was never his to begin with, hurting everyone in the process, including himself. I can't help but take his side on everything else though. Each time he got flak for taking over the throne, I'm thinking, the King and Queen deserved to be overthrown. 

Ashes of Love Yukee Chen Yuqi as Liu Ying

Yukee Chen Yuqi as Liu Ying. She's a consistent character throughout. I'm with most people on this one in that her romance with Mu Ci got way too much screen time in the grander scheme of things, but for what it's worth, she's the best girl friend Xu Feng can ever have. She's also brilliant at giving Sui He the evil eye, which is plus points to her. 

Ashes of Love Wang Yifei as Sui He
Wang Yifei as Sui He. The villain everyone hates. Yet somehow, I find her story and her eventual outcome rather tragic. 

Ashes of Love Zou Tingwei as Qi Yuan / Mu Ci
Zou Tingwei as Mu Ci. I liked the actor since Siege in Fog and only wished that his character arc was written better. 

Ashes of Love Bella Du as Kuang Lu
Bella Du Yuchen as Kuang Lu. I'm still rooting for her to end up with Run Yu. They can be lifelong partners, in a way, they already are. 

Ashes of Love Xia Zhiyuan as Yue Lao (Moon Immortal)
Xia Zhiyuan as Yue Xia Xian Ren (Moon Immortal). It took some getting used to to see such a young actor playing Xu Feng's uncle especially since his voice purposely didn't match his face. Eventually, I learned to appreciate the humor behind it. 

Yue Lao is best wingman anyone could ask for. He's a little too obsessed with getting Xu Feng and Jin Mi together though I supposed it's part of the job as the god of marriage. 

Ashes of Love Daniel Liao Jinfeng as Pu Chi Jun (Snake Immortal)
Daniel Liao Jinfeng as Pu Chi Jun (Snake Immortal). Being so flamboyantly egotistic and unafraid to speak his mind, his lines are the best. His words to Jin Mi, "why give up on all the snakes in the world and go into the arms of dragon just because of one bird."

Zhang Junran Ashes of Love Liao Yuan Jun
Zhang Junran as Liao Yuan Jun. Still waiting for this guy to be revived. 

Cr: DRAMAPANDA.COM

• Like 8
  • Sad 2