[Mainland Chinese Drama 2018] Heavy Sweetness Ash-like Frost 香蜜沉沉烬如霜

sugarplum892

On 9/6/2018 at 12:49 PM, pad-hari said:

Another review from a blogger about this gem  of  a novel remade drama.

https://cnewsdevotee.wordpress.com/2018/09/04/discussion-post-ashes-of-love-heavy-sweetness-ash-like-frost-episodes-45-63/#more-28626

Even though i have not watched the episodes after mortal reign i just followed this forum and really it was great reading the comments with you guys and enjoyed it.  I will wait till the ST's are out for all the episodes and also hope that the production team release all the edited scenes( i heard indeed they shot the  second MC but aired it with only a kiss:bawling:)and also the whole bts of our leads.  I loved all the ost's of this  drama.  They are really addicting.  Even though its over, i will be coming here to this thread and read the new posts.

So, now  everybody is looking  forward for DL-YZ modern drama.  I think they will surely do a project.  HOpe to see you guys in another drama thread.  

Do you know in which website they will release edited scenes?

• Like 1

On 9/6/2018 at 1:42 PM, Helene Tian said:

Ok so i was done watching fu yao and i was like crying so baaaaaad because i was sure i couldn't find something as good as it.. BUT when this started airing i was like no no it doesn't attract me at all etc LOL and just a few days ago (since there are so many spoilers on insta, i watched so many short videos of some episodes LOOOOOOL) i was like ok imma give it a try. At first i was like actress mehhhh actor mehhhh and the more i got into the drama the more i started to like. HELL YES IT'S BEEN TWO DAYS AND I'M ALREADY AT EPISODE 34. LOOOOOL. Ok it's soooooooo good, the story is so goooood and yes everything pretty much. Btw, i like the second lead actor more hahahaha and omg i cried so bad when we learnt about his past and etc :tears:... OK now i need to read this thread from the beginning haha! Also i'm SO glad i started the drama when almost all episodes were out so no waiting neeeeded! :wub:

It was same for me after finished Legend of Fuyao, which was great and loved so much Wufu couple. I heard about Ashes of Love and remembered that i saw Deng Lun with Dilraba in Sweet dreams. I waited until more episodes were subbed as i committed the fault to watch Legend of Fuyao when it was aired and it was a torture to wait for eng sub. Even Ashes of love is not fully subbed i enjoyed reading comments and translations of members here. I also could read the book which was translated in eng and could know about the end. 

I loved this series and i am rewatching the first episodes waiting for eng sub of last episodes. Hope Deng Lun and Yang Zi will have another historical drama together. They have such an amazing chemestry!!!

• Like 3

A cute little fact: The Zi in Yang Zi means purple - maybe it's fate that YZ played our favourite little grape fairy? Also, DL's favourite colour/likes the colour purple - coincidence? ;) Also, in both their first drama and HSALF, DL fell in love first and YZ thought they were just 'friends', later they get married. <_< Maybe I'm delusional. But it's a fact that they've gotten married 3 times already:lol:

Maybe we should start a thread just for those two lol

• Like 4
  • LOL 4

5 hours ago, jehnnny99 said:

A cute little fact: The Zi in Yang Zi means purple - maybe it's fate that YZ played our favourite little grape fairy? Also, DL's favourite colour/likes the colour purple - coincidence? ;) Also, in both their first drama and HSALF, DL fell in love first and YZ thought they were just 'friends', later they get married. <_< Maybe I'm delusional. But it's a fact that they've gotten married 3 times already:lol:

Maybe we should start a thread just for those two lol

I will defintely be jumping on board, I'd even Captain it!!! LOL

• Like 4

^ weibo stans already started otp-ING them together. If you're doing the thread you can go through these hash tags on weibo.

#邓伦杨紫#

#求邓伦杨紫再合作#

Someone also did a video of behind the scenes cuts of the song song couple and comparing it with Denglun and Yangzi s' cuts....:wub:

911cf056ly1fv19hj22s0j20sg0sgq4n.jpg

The show may be over but the web views are still rising... At number 1 too. And it's still the top 2 most searched drama according to v linkage! I guess we all still missed the show!!

lol I changed my mind about haitang... now I want his other drama 'the burning land to come out first. He played the villian!! A sexy villian!!

9084d120gy1fv17toidpyj20fa09njsg.jpg

9084d120gy1fv17tv6grlg20uk0h6e89.gif

9084d120gy1fv17tyag8xg20uk0h6qve.gif

That smile though

There is nothing for me to watch now except for his variety shows!! :tears:

• Like 4

Finished the last episode today. What a ride. I don't know what to do with myself now. Ashes of Love is the first C-drama I've watched which didn't drag in the middle and which didn't make me want to FF scenes with secondary characters. Also, it's that very rare bird, a drama whose whole ending arc isn't expedited in 5 minutes. It doesn't leave you feeling dazed, confused and dissatisfied because everything went by so fast after a draggy middle part. They did a great job with everything.

Sure, some scenes with secondary characters could have been a bit shorter (Princess Biancheng & Mu Ci love story, I'm looking at you. You were touching but lingered on for a tiny bit too long) but on the whole I think the drama did a great job of making us interested in every single character. There's always room for improvement (we all would have liked a few more scenes with Xu Feng and Jin Mi, together or doing their own thing, for example) but I think it's a much better piece of work than the original novel. It's more ambitious, more epic and more layered.

I have too many thoughts about the ending and too little time to write them all down so I'll just say a couple of things

1*Run Yu's fate.

Spoiler

I know some viewers would like to have some kind of love story for him in the future but I for one was extremely satisfied with the way the drama left him: Still Heavenly Emperor, still desperately in love with Jin Mi, still erroneously believing he has no one and nothing, resigned to his fate. To even hint that he would fall in love again in the future would have cheapened the love he felt for Jin Mi and would have taken something away from his path of redemption. He's exactly where he needed to be.

2*Xu Feng confronting Run Yu

Spoiler

When Xu Feng went to the Heavenly Realm to confront Run Yu, he stayed true to his character when he couldn't bring himself to kill his brother even after everything he had done. But I want to believe he also had a very selfish reason not to kill him: Finding Jin Mi. He renounced his title of Demon Lord in order to fully dedicate himself to his search. The last thing he would have wanted was to be tied to the responsibilities of being Heavenly Emperor, a title even more cumbersome than Demon Lord. So leaving Run Yu alive is the most complete and fitting form of punishment Xu Feng could have devised. Win-win. It might be just my wishful thinking though. Because I don't like my heroes to be 100% pure and virtuous. A side of selfishness/scheming/darkness makes them much more interesting and complex.

• Like 7
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, missnymeria said:

Finished the last episode today. What a ride. I don't know what to do with myself now. Ashes of Love is the first C-drama I've watched which didn't drag in the middle and which didn't make me want to FF scenes with secondary characters. Also, it's that very rare bird, a drama whose whole ending arc isn't expedited in 5 minutes. It doesn't leave you feeling dazed, confused and dissatisfied because everything went by so fast after a draggy middle part. They did a great job with everything.

Sure, some scenes with secondary characters could have been a bit shorter (Princess Biancheng & Mu Ci love story, I'm looking at you. You were touching but lingered on for a tiny bit too long) but on the whole I think the drama did a great job of making us interested in every single character. There's always room for improvement (we all would have liked a few more scenes with Xu Feng and Jin Mi, together or doing their own thing, for example) but I think it's a much better piece of work than the original novel. It's more ambitious, more epic and more layered.

I have too many thoughts about the ending and too little time to write them all down so I'll just say a couple of things

1*Run Yu's fate.

Hide contents

I know some viewers would like to have some kind of love story in the future but I for one was extremely satisfied with the way the drama left him: Still Heavenly Emperor, still desperately in love with Jin Mi, still erroneously believing he has no one and nothing, resigned to his fate. To even hint that he would fall in love again in the future would have cheapened the love he felt for Jin Mi and would have taken something away from his path of redemption. He's exactly where he needed to be.

2*Xu Feng confronting Run Yu

Hide contents

When Xu Feng went to the Heavenly Realm to confront Run Yu, he stayed true to his character when he couldn't bring himself to kill his brother even after everything he had done. But I want to believe he also had a very selfish reason not to kill him: Finding Jin Mi. He renounced his title of Demon Lord in order to fully dedicate himself to his search. The last thing he would have wanted was to be tied to the responsibilities of being Heavenly Emperor, a title even more cumbersome than Demon Lord. So leaving Run Yu alive is the most complete and fitting form of punishment Xu Feng could have devised. Win-win. It might be just my wishful thinking though. Because I don't like my heroes to be 100% pure and virtuous. A side of selfishness/scheming/darkness makes them much more interesting and complex.

Chingu , @missnymeria is the drama fully subbed now . I did watch it rather and kinda assume that was what done. 

I agree whole heatedly  with the drama having the perfect ending this drama deserved . It was like the history reapeted itself. It was so awesome. Can't wait to watch it with subs. 

34 minutes ago, UnniSarah said:

Chingu , @missnymeria is the drama fully subbed now . I did watch it rather and kinda assume that was what done. 

I agree whole heatedly  with the drama having the perfect ending this drama deserved . It was like the history reapeted itself. It was so awesome. Can't wait to watch it with subs. 

It is now fully subbed, yes :)  The DVD version is available on 4udrama and the TV version on Kissasian. Happy viewing!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Can someone help me understand what happened to Jin Mi that she suddenly started looking for the Light of something from the Emperor's older brother? One episode she was crying in her room and the next episode she is all about reviving the Phoenix because she heard something. I checked and I don't seem to skipped an episode. It was so jarring that I can't just ignore it as a plot hole. I checked the previous pages trying to understand but cannot find anything on it. 

Please help me. 

Also who killed her parents? I thought it was Sui He, but nothing about them in the story anymore. I am on episode 48. Is that explanation still coming?

2 hours ago, missnymeria said:

It is now fully subbed, yes :)  The DVD version is available on 4udrama and the TV version on Kissasian. Happy viewing!

I've been watching in the site where the TV version shows, what the the differences between that and the DVD version?

I'm thinking of rewatching the DVD version.

By the way, can anyone tell me the significance of the 3 dark colored beads in Pu Chi Jun's hand when Jin Mi died? Was that her lingli?

42 minutes ago, ElleSor said:

I've been watching in the site where the TV version shows, what the the differences between that and the DVD version?

I'm thinking of rewatching the DVD version.

By the way, can anyone tell me the significance of the 3 dark colored beads in Pu Chi Jun's hand when Jin Mi died? Was that her lingli?

Apparently it's the same thing but with episodes cut a bit longer for the DVD. 63 episodes for TV and 60 for the DVD. I watched the 60-episode version. I'm a bit confused though because I briefly checked the TV version and the episodes seem to be the same length as the ones from the version I watched. Someone would need to confirm that the content is exactly the same and that there's no additional stuff in the 63-episode version.

2 hours ago, enkhee said:

Can someone help me understand what happened to Jin Mi that she suddenly started looking for the Light of something from the Emperor's older brother?

Jin Mi realized that she had wrongly accused Xu Feng and that he was innocent. So in a bid to make up for her mistake she did everything she could to revive him. She was told of an elixir that would work but needed the light from the Emperor's brother that everyone thought had died. Every step is clearly explained though so maybe you did miss an episode after all ?

And, yes, Sui He was the real murderer. Don't worry, the matter does come up again later in the drama.

1 hour ago, missnymeria said:

Apparently it's the same thing but with episodes cut a bit longer for the DVD. 63 episodes for TV and 60 for the DVD. I watched the 60-episode version. I'm a bit confused though because I briefly checked the TV version and the episodes seem to be the same length as the ones from the version I watched. Someone would need to confirm that the content is exactly the same and that there's no additional stuff in the 63-episode version.

Jin Mi realized that she had wrongly accused Xu Feng and that he was innocent. So in a bid to make up for her mistake she did everything she could to revive him. She was told of an elixir that would work but needed the light from the Emperor's brother that everyone thought had died. Every step is clearly explained though so maybe you did miss an episode after all ?

And, yes, Sui He was the real murderer. Don't worry, the matter does come up again later in the drama.

Thank you! 

I must have skipped an episode. I'm watching it on dramacool and some episodes are apparently missing. Omg I was so confused. Thank you. 

Ok, I just watched the last 4 subbed episodes in a row and my heart is about to come out of my chest!!!!! What a rush of emotions!!!! Despite having watching it all with no subs, actually knowing exactly what they are saying now, makes it even harder to cope with the ending of the show!!!!:bawling:

It was too intense and too beautiful!!!!

:love:

And I finally finished my second video. I couldn't help telling the whole story of Xu Feng and Jin Mi so I choose my favorite songs and made a larger video with the happier parts and some tears of joy and very few sad moments. I hope you like it and it's a way of remembering these two. I don't think I will be able to let them go so soon, as well as the other characters and the drama itself. It has been too long since I got so attached to a Chinese fantasy drama but this hit me really hard, maybe because I'm going through a difficult moment now and it was a way to forget a bit of reality and go into this beautiful fantasy land.

I hope you like it and share the video with other fans of the show.

:kiss_wink::blush:

• Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, missnymeria said:

Yeah. I checked the time and those I checked are the same with the others. Maybe they cut the opening and closing credits to make the show longer?

Some weibo news/gossips

One of the staff member posted alot of videos on his/her weibo of Behind the scenes cuts. He sure loves the demon girls dance!

WEIBO LINK

48e6bff2ly1fuzohz2a59j20u016tkjl.jpg

WEIBO LINK

An actor/singer Lin posted about a grape being too expensive. So take a picture and put it back down. Maybe it's kosher?

Then Yangzi replied, it's Jinmi but the lovebird flew away already.

Then he replied, the lovebird is on your head with a picture of a bird with his head on it.

Then a bunch of peoples  @邓伦

to come back to his wife!!! :D

===

Yangzi is one of the top contender for female star at the Golden eagle Festival. The other top contender is another one of Deng Luns' co star, Dilreba!! lol!! :D

===

eb7e3e18gy1fv10a4aei3j21kw0w0u0z.jpg

WEIBO LINK

The mid autumn festival is asking people who they want from HSALF to appear in their show!  Majority wants either Deng Lun and Yangzi, or Leo.

IMO, it should be the Moon Fox uncle cuz you know... Mid Autumn Festival aka Moon Festival!!

005zUEOFgy1fv2dr9hfa0g30dp0b91l1.gif

That's All folks. Here's a dapper but tired Deng Lun at GQ men of the year.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

The difference between TV version and DVD version is how they cut the episodes to include commercials. When episodes air on TV, they add like 15 minutes + of commercials in between the two episodes. This amount of commercial varies, I guess they do some real time tracking for ratings. But some episodes are shorter while others are longer, etc. They also have a recap of the previous episodes and a preview of the next episodes. When we see episodes online, we don't see any of that. But that difference adds up and that is why episode count differs from DVD to TV version. At least that is my understanding of it. 

• Like 1

@thehumantree I've been going on those tags whenever I have time - it's like an addiction!! Although, I do hope that they don't announce a romantic relationship immediately. I think at this point, both parties are contemplating on the relationship between the two; they've always defined their relationship as 'friendship', but I think it can develop to more than that, they just need to stop convincing themselves as much as they're trying to convince everyone else that they are just 'friends'. It's quite obvious that they have a spark, and I think shooting this drama and seeing all the support from fans have made them realise that their friendship is bordering on possibly something a bit more. Perhaps rekindling some emotions they felt when they shot their first drama at such a young age, because even during the BTS of their first drama, they seemed very comfortable with each other and had the same spark they do in the BTS of HSALF. 

From reading and watching videos of them, I think they are both very dedicated people who are passionate about acting. HSALF showed us their true potential, and the reason why we fell in love with the drama was that their chemistry was so palpable, it really portrayed the feeling of 'love' to the point it didn't even feel like acting anymore. As of right now, I think they will be focusing on their career, because if they interact with each other too much, people will slander them and say they are riding on the success of HSALF and promoting it by faking their relationship ( esp since YZ just recently broke up ). I wish them the best for the future, and I truly do believe they will reunite again at one point in the future when the initial hype has calmed down, and then we can once again enjoy their dazzling on-screen and off-screen chemistry. 

I feel like every time I post on here, it's not related to the drama at all and I'm just promoting YZ and DL as a couple lol. 

https://www.bilibili.com/video/av30963233?from=1110006030&amp;weiboauthoruid=5706540063

Anyway, this is a cute clip of China's national couple. I've put this on the thread to share with you guys but it's also for me to click on when I'm using my phone and want my heart to flutter lol. Selfish, I know :P

@Sary EmLet's do it! Let's create the thread for our Spiritual Couple!!

• Like 4
  • LOL 2

I have so many theories of those two, but I'm not gonna post it here because it's not related to the topic of the thread and I need to exercise some self-control. Plus, I already look obsessive enough, don't want to embarrass myself even further :sweatingbullets:

• Like 3