[Drama 2017] Hospital Ship 병원선

wildflowers

3 hours ago, lovegirl92 said:

RATINGS!

While You Were Sleeping : 7.3% | 8.6%
Hospital Ship : 7.2% | 8.6%
#Maddog : 5.6%

Ratings r really less.. I don't know y.. I guess ppl might have been skeptic abt the ending as cancer was introduced in the middle of the mix at the last episode.. Anyway, our show ended strong!!! 

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, dugeundugeun said:

hahaha my apology, uri daehaksaeng... this angry ahjumma went bit overboard due to that nasty comment :D

Haha, it's okay! I was joking around chingu :lol:

2 hours ago, elfvanvan said:

@ferily the bts clip you posted with EJ saying KH is pregnant are they holding hands or it just my delulu mind? hhahaha 

I'm not even sure myself, chingu :o It looks like they are in the gif but I think we need to go back to the original BTS clip and see if they are or not.

14 minutes ago, ferily said:

Haha, it's okay! I was joking around chingu :lol:

I'm not even sure myself, chingu :o It looks like they are in the gif but I think we need to go back to the original BTS clip and see if they are or not.

I think its that piece of cloth in her hand which seems like holding hands.. Though i secretly wish my guess is wrong :tongue:

3 hours ago, elfvanvan said:

i think they really did "it", they are already adults , in a very loving relationship and as you said KH is healthy man and EJ is willing to give her everything to him..  to bad as @darr said theydid not show us the main event.. hahahaha

Yah i think so too,  when she said she dont want to go back to dormitory, thats it.  She gave in! Ohh my God Im squeezing!  And her off shoulder clothes!  :D:heart:

I love it!!  I really enjoy this drama and wish there was a continuation (hint, hint - part 2).  I thank all the recappers and translators.  I don't think I could have made it waiting for the subs to come out.  You all have been a great team to work with each other.

I don't know what people are saying about KH - his acting is great - you can see his emotions and how he really put his character out there so what you see what we see.  As for SEJ, she is still a great actress.  What more can I say about her.

So unless we have a special for next week, I am going to go through with my depression for awhile and wait for another good drama to watch. As I said before, all of you I really enjoy ranking, screaming, and cheering with you.  Until I see you on another drama - aloha, sayonara, bye.:heart:

I cried a lot.HJW is really great.She has not change much when I was watching the MV of HJY. This is a great drama.Really enjoyed it. Well,for those who were clammoring for a kiss ,we'll you got it and much more ( use your imagination).Such a sweet and tender moments.The hospital ship is now complete.I'm hoping  to see the couple in the MBC award.I want them to win the couple popularity award for the drama.As I've said before,HJW played the part of a surgeon to perfection.Hope she wins the best actress award this year.Hoping  to see HJW in another drama (historical) Thanks to all who contributed to this forum and hopefully we will have another forum in the future.

just finished watching with subs..  and i just cant...  though HS have some flaws its one of the best medical drama ive seen..  i cry with them,  fall in love with them..  i still had butterfly on my stomach watching the hug scence then the kiss scene but lastly the hospital scene where KH told EJ he is nothing with out her now iam sad agin cant believe its really the end..  i demand for a season 2 like in Jdrama 

♥ Final thoughts on Hospital Ship 

I can't believe the final episode is done and Hospital Ship is over now... The drama has come such a long way, especially from the beginning when the drama received some negative criticism about the casting of the main leads. However, the leads have proved the criticisms wrong and I think all the cast in Hospital Ship did a fantastic job playing and acting out their roles. The whole Hospital Ship team really worked hard with all the filming and editing because we saw that the crew was pretty rushed and close with the filming. 

Hospital Ship is truly a great drama and it'll definitely go on my top drama list. I've always loved the themes and symbolism Hospital Ship brought forth and appreciated how the drama always ties back to them. I probably said this so many times, but it's just so true and that's what makes Hospital Ship shine. I like how HS focused on all different kinds of things, and not just focus solely on the romance or just one thing. It always made sure to have a small arc about the patients in the drama and focus on each hospital ship crew member. I'm glad that Hospital Ship didn't try to just focus on the romance and try to lift up the romance (if that makes sense). I like how most of the characters developed and we got to see a glimpse of their backstory.

Uri hospital ship family~

JGMRamd.png

Spoiler

C22fUvt.png

Of course with every drama, there are always its flaws, but I think there is no need to focus on the negatives and flaws of a drama because if you think about it, every drama has some flaws, right? I believe Hospital Ship could've done a better closure on a few stories and arcs in the drama, but I'm satisfied with the ending we got. I'm really satisfied that the drama decided to do some parallelism and symbolism with the last scene of the drama. I love how where the hospital ship was in the exact same situation as Day 1, Episode 1, where there was a child with an appendicitis and need to perform surgery immediately. And here we have SEJ coming back to the hospital ship in the final episode, saying they need a surgeon and she's starting again, today, on the hospital ship. I just thought this whole thing was so meaningful and reflects back to Day 1 on the hospital ship...

Lastly, let us give a big round of applause to our main leads, Ha Ji Won and Kang Minhyuk, who both did an amazing job acting out their characters, SEJ and KH. Of course, HJW does not disappoint with her acting, being able to nail all the emotional scenes and so much emotion and expression. HJW is truly a veteran actor and really knows how to grasp her emotions immediately. She did a great job showing out SEJ's emotion in the final episode when she found out that she had cancer, especially when she was getting her blood (?) by herself for the testing and AND when KH visited SEJ in the hospital and she was watching the video, and just burst into tears after that... HJW really did nail that scene. HJW delivery of SEJ was brilliant and her acting was great as usual. I can see why HJW would choose the role of SEJ and chose to act in Hospital Ship.

And you guys know that, of course, I can't NOT mention Kang Minhyuk and his acting (does that make sense?). With being the main lead in Hospital Ship, it's a huge jump and step up for KMH since in his last drama role he was a secondary character and he's acting with HJW. From the beginning, I knew that KMH was going to do well in the drama because I already saw his acting in Entertainers. I was actually happy and proud that KMH was stepping up as the main lead and even acting alongside a veteran actor, HJW. I'm glad that KMH took this role because I truly believe that this drama will (and has) help him grow as an actor and improve his acting even more! I'm not disappointed with KMH and his acting, because he truly, truly did nail his role as KH. It's as if we saw KMH as KH, right? I feel as though KMH was so in touch and like his character that it was almost natural for him... Knowing KMH, I know he was probably ambitious with all his acting scenes: making sure he delivered his lines correctly, wanting to act out a scene again if he wasn't satisfied with the first cut, and giving his 100 percent. I think all of his scenes in the drama is a result of this, right? Am I giving too many compliments to KMH, haha? But seriously, I truly believe that KMH did a fantastic job and there is no one else who could've acted out KH better than him. For me, I just thought all of his scenes as KH in the drama was great :lol: I'm so proud of KMH and his role in this drama. I hope we'll be able to see him in dramaland soon! (Drama Writers, please cast uri Minhyukie soon...)

Lastly some words about our OTP... Thank you drama writers for giving us viewers what we want and having more kiss scenes, haha! Can I just say that I was shocked and shooked when SEJ said to KH that she doesn't want to go back to the dorms and wants to stay with him? Like damn girl... Now the whole scene in the hotel room makes sense, baha! (When I was watching it live, I actually didn't catch SEJ saying that to KH) SEJ is taking the initiative in their relationship! Anyways, I love how KH would constantly hold SEJ's hand and would care for her. He is truly a romantic! :wub: And really loves SEJ... I mean, despite the hardships KH is already going through in his life, if you take SEJ out of his life, I'm sure that would crush his heart even more than him being next to SEJ while she's battling her cancer. KH can't survive without SEJ and he was willing to walk this path and fight this sickness with her. He would rather be by her side and taking care of her than to not have her in his life. He begged her not to push him away and let him stay by her side because he couldn't survive without her. He even said himself, that he belongs next to her and this is his spot. Gaah, how sweet is KH, man! I love KH and his personality and character overall. Another boyfriend material male lead in kdrama land... I guess it's okay though because I have Minhyuk in real life, which is even better. 

But I'm really glad that our OTP got their happy ending, and the two of them have truly been through alot and both went through their own hardships. I said it before and I'll say it again, SEJ has come really far in the drama. When she first came to the hospital ship, she had a cold personality, only caring about the surgeries and not truly caring for the patients, didn't show much affection or love to her loved ones, and didn't have anyone in her life who she truly loved and cares about. After coming to the hospital ship, what a major character SEJ had, right?? She got to meet the hospital ship crew and meet KH, and learned what it is like to love somebody and to have people around her who she deeply cares about and who cares about her!  I'm glad that SEJ realizes that she doesn't have to go through pain, suffering, and hardships alone, but she can fight and walk together with KH because she has him on her side.

6rdDSFO.png

Spoiler

giphy.gif

I still can't believe we reached the end of Hospital Ship... Overall, it has been a heck of a journey with the drama. With many of us waiting and anticipating the preview for the next episode and ranting about why the preview wasn't released yet. And then our weekly Wednesday and Thursday where we would finally get the HS episode and watch them! Also, watching the BTS with HJW and KMH, and shipping the two of them together. It has been awesome going on this journey with all of you chingus and sharing my thoughts and reading your guys thoughts about the drama...

With that, this wraps up my final thoughts about Hospital Ship... Goodbye Hospital Ship... Until next time!

giphy.gif

PS... This is not my goodbyes, just wrapping up my final thoughts about HS. We still got many more events to come! And many chingus have to give their thoughts about the drama too! :D 

well..what could I say more. this drama has hold its own special place in my heart. although the plot is not perfect (every drama is not perfect..lol), i love everything about HS.

this is my first medical drama. I started this drama just because I know HJW (even not as fan). when i started to watch each episodes, then I started to fall in love with everything (especially HJW and KMH). i got to admit that im not a fan of idol-actor. but KMH has prove to me that he is different.

a lot of thing we learn from this drama. for me, the biggest lesson for me is about love. SEJ-KH has such strong love with respect and understanding to each other.

Im not sure how strong HS drama to compete other MBC drama in the MBC award as I did not watch any other MBC drama for this year (only HS). but I believe they deserve to win one award at least (best couple:wub: maybe).

let wait for next week special episodes..i wonder what will they give to audience. I have only one wish for this special ep which is BTS of KH dating proposal and their last romantic kiss. cant wait!!

lastly of course..Im gonna miss all of you here. recappers, translator and even silent reader who i never know. 

As they say,"something good never last". This drama takes all my emotions,so far the best medical drama i've watched and d only drama that made me sign in here,I enjoyed lurking with all of you,its nice to read all your opinions as well as enjoying and giggling with the shippers.this made me realize to understand more those who are in the medical field. In reality I have a sister and friends in medical profession and made me appreciate them more in their chosen field. And Song eunjae and Kwak hyun,sure I'm gonna miss this two,i hope they make a part2,the natural acting of this 2 which makes us giggle and create d shipping,d love and respect of kh and ej is amiable,and one could only wished that too have their own kh in real life. Wouldn't be nice having such a man who will be there for you when u need them d most. All in all i like everything,although some plots don't have proper closure but it doesn't disappoint me at all,maybe due to limited time...the rest are for our imagination to conclude...This will be I guess one of d good memories that i will rewatch again and again,and who knows maybe the best memory2 for d leads.I'll be waiting for those kind people here who will update us at d end of d year if they win awards...would want to see both of them being dolled up...merci tout le monde! It has been a great 2mos !

Dear Chingus, thank you for all the bts videos, recap, preview and many more. I just finish watching final episode. Seriously, I cried and sobbed watching the last 2 episode. What a journey. This is one of the drama that steal my heart & I will remember it for very very long time. I am not sure who's post talking about keeping shark as pet and will eat whoever talk bad Min Hyuk's acting. I laughed so hard reading the post :lol:

I can relate their story now as my mom diagnosed by the doctor she has colon cancer Stage 2. At the point of time, we do not want chemotherapy treatment as my mum is too weak and frail. She's 75 yrs old and we do not want to torture her more with chemotherapy. Let her spend her remaining days with us, sons, daughters,  in laws, grand children and great grand children. 

As everyone is saying their thank yous and writing reviews of the final episodes, if I say I'm still replaying the hotel scene in my mind over and over again, would that make me a shallow woman?   :blush::blush: 

Really wish that writer will show us more... at least a next morning scene will be nice! If any chingus are good at writing fanfic, please fulfill my (and everybody's) wish ! :ph34r::ph34r:

As they were having so many scenes with baby Han Sol, I though that was a hint and I had envisioned they will show HyunJae having a baby at the end, or their kid running around Hospital Ship trying to help out... and what about that medical case that can tap on the strengths of all the HS staff...

Although the last arc was quite rush, I'm happy with the happy ending :) How nice if they can have an epilogue or something next week.

I am really impressed with HJW's acting, it's so "shiok" (extremely extremely enjoyable) ewatching her expressions. And Min Hyuk, he has grown so much in this series, he has truly proven himself.

Thank you to all chingus, all the recappers, translators, especially @stroppyse @alleram95 , who fed my craving of wanting to know what they are talking about , and I didn't have to wait until the following morning. and all friends here, what would I do without you! Thank you for all your wonderful posts, predictions, bts post, rantings, that makes waiting so much more endurable.

Withdrawal symptoms are kicking in... I'm missing HyunJae so much now... :cry:

Hello chingus!

To lighten our heavy hearts with the ending of our Hospital ship, here is an enjoyable BTS from the last scene. It is heartwarming to see that the cast and crew have fun time filming.

I am still tearing up from the last episodes that I have a hard time writing my thoughts. Truly, as most of you said that it may not be the perfect drama and has flaws, HS did not disappoint in its last episodes. I believe its merits outweigh whatever flaws it may have.

In the meantime while waiting for more news and updates on the Hospital Ship MBC special,  enjoy this BTS. 

Watched the final episodes, busted out my keyboard (which my kids have been using as a vacuum cleaner) for this. Think it will be quite long and a personal (but I will give my thoughts on the drama!) so do bear with me. But, ugh, first I want to say I haven't cried this much during a drama since I watched SeGa (6-7 years ago).

It seems like there's been a HJW drama when I've needed it - I mentioned in an earlier post that SeGa literally changed my life - I watched it in 2011, about a year and a half after I was called to the bar and I was working terrible hours as a junior associate in a big law firm. I was due to get married in March 2012 and I was already thinking of quitting because I was very burnt out and wanted to have time for building a family. But I was scared because it would potentially mean quite a substantial pay cut, and I didn't have another job (too burnt out to look for one). SeGa gave me that little bit more courage I needed to tender my resignation - it was the first drama I had watched in a long time, it introduced me to HJW, and I thought well if I don't even have the time and bandwith to enjoy a Korean drama, then what kind of life am I living? 

I mentioned in the shippers thread and earlier in this thread that my husband had a cancerous liposarcoma (SEJ had an osteosarcoma, bone cancer, his was a cancer of the fat cells) - he was diagnosed with it just less than 2 years after we got married - he was 29, so it was a really big shock, and we ended up trying for a baby earlier than we had planned in case his treatment affected his fertility (he got the tumour excised and underwent radiation therapy for 6 months, it's less brutal than chemo. He's okay now but can't officially be declared in remission until he reaches 5 years of no evidence of disease). I got pregnant pretty quickly (thank God)... but then, as I mentioned, I had a hard time accepting my role as a mother after I gave birth to my first, but for some reason I then thought it would be a good idea to have a no. 2 when my first was a year old (my kids are 22 months apart). So the past 3-4 years have been very emotional, a lot of ups and downs, and I didn't start to realise until earlier this year that I was becoming burnt out from being a mother, and from life in general (I work full-time, the grandparents look after the kids some days and the rest of the days they're in childcare) and that there were just a lot of things which had a hold on my heart - insecurities, fears, competitiveness, body image issues (Which my husband says is very irritating because I come from a family with skinny genes).

Anyway... It sounds like coincidence but I was really in the midst of letting go of the those things when Hospital Ship started. Journeying with SEJ and watching HJW portray a full range of human emotions so wonderfully -  sadness, grief, pain, the beauty and contentment love brings to life, pride in one's work - it really helped in this process of letting go. My husband says my heart seems lighter, and I'm not so hung up about things anymore. I'm also less irritable towards my children.  

I'm religious, so although this sounds very lame, I thank God that He brought these two dramas into my life at times when I needed them. It may seem trivial, but I believe there is a God who cares about us and knows what we need at certain times in our lives.

Thank you all for being here in this forum, especially if you took the trouble to read the above. You don't need to respond, I just needed a place to write about all this and my blog didn't seem appropriate somehow, because I wanted to share this with people who were touched by this drama too. I will miss the constant refreshing of the page to check for updates and waiting for the previews.. Thanks to those who did live recaps and translations. They helped me through some rough days. 

So, the drama! What can I say that has not already been said? There were holes everywhere in the plot, but I decided (and I shared this too, in earlier posts) to look at it as a series of short stories with the Hospital Ship and EJ's growth as the common theme. The medical cases the HS team dealt with all had themes which resonated with the leads personally, and contributed to their growth as characters. In this regard, even the YE thread served some purpose - it gave us more background to KH, and provided a needed source of tension between KH and EJ. When you look at it that way, well okay when I looked at it that way, the plot holes and YE became more acceptable. After all, this wasn't a 50 parter - and that's also the beauty of a 20-parter I think. I actually have yet to see one that's properly coherent because of live filming and catering to what the audience wants (ok, Producers came close I think), but because of the short time in which a story has to be told, a good writer will know what to show, and what to leave to the viewer's imagination (*cough* hotel *cough* kiss *cough cough cough*), and as much as I wanted to throw the writer to the sharks at times, overall I think she did a decent job in that respect. Heck, even SeGa had that horrible tragic accident right at the very end - I cried and cried, but the good thing was it was DONE so all I had to do was click on the icon for the next episode and I could sleep soundly knowing GRI and KJW were happy. 

I also think she gave us some good dialogue - my favourite was the ramyeon scene, it resonated with me and my personal experience. I have never eaten instant noodles raw (except for that MAMEE monster snack), but in that same year I watched SeGa, I had a business trip to HK. We stayed in a posh hotel but it was my first time there and I was so worn out from working and didn't feel like explaining in the little Cantonese I knew that I didn't speak Cantonese that I went to a supermarket and bought cold pre-cooked food for dinner and ate it myself in the hotel room whilst watching a random Korean drama (I can't even remember what it was called. Smile Again?). I liked what EJ said in the last ep to Nurse Pyo about love, and the voiceover at the end. Ok, sure, it's trite, but I think there are some things which can't be expressed any other way.. And it worked in this case because there was a proper build-up. 

I think I have said all I have wanted to say that's emo. I should be back in HJW fangirl and shipper mode soon enough, haha.

@junejungki thanks for sharing about your mum. I am sorry to hear about her condition. My best wishes to you and your family.  

Goodnight everyone! I hope HS will win awards - but even if it doesn't, it has served a purpose for me and that's enough. I'm glad HJW took the role, and that she gave so much of herself to it and touched me in this way. P/s I am quite sure no one I know in real life is reading this, but on the off chance that anyone recognises me from my story despite the pains I have taken to ensure that my username here is super different from any of my other social media usernames, please let me know. LOL. 

Archived