[Drama 2017] Hospital Ship 병원선

wildflowers

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks @alleram95 for the translations. It is much appreciated. :wub: To answer your questions...

I watched Hospital Ship for HJW. Got excited as soon as I heard the news she is going to lead another drama. Got more excited when I learned she is playing the role of a surgeon. I purposely stayed away from K-news  when there were numerous negative comments about the casting and her decision to accept the drama. Truthfully, at the start (perhaps up until episodes 4-6) I am thinking this is solely a HJW drama but it proved me wrong especially the rest of the cast lead by KMH. HJW and KMH's chemistry can give all the rest of the A-list actors paired with HJW a run for their money. 

Memorable scenes are too many too mention but I would say the touching ones involved the families and the OTP. SEJ finally crying for her mom while reading the recipe book, the umbrella scene with SEJ and KH, KH shielding SEJ from being shot, the crew watching the ship sail away, the conversation between  Nurse Pyo and SEJ before she left for treatment, are some of the scenes and dialogues that moved me. 

In retrospect, seemed like Manager Cho and Nurse Pyo are like surrogate parents to SEJ. It is quite touching. Just love this drama. 

@lemonysnicket Thank you for sharing your story with all of us on the forums, and I'm glad to hear that you were able to overcome your hardships and struggles.. I believe there is a reason for everything and I'm sure everyone is  happy that you were with us on this journey with Hospital Ship on the forums :) I'll know, it probably sounds extremely cheesy... But thank you for opening up to all of us here, chingu...

@alleram95 Thank you so much for all your hard work and translations! I know that translating isn't easy and requires a lot of work and time.. We all appreciate your effort and willing to translate everything for us! :lol:

As for me, I started watching Hospital Ship because of KMH. I first discovered KMH (well I did watch him in Heartstrings, but I had no idea, at the time, he was Yonghwa's bandmate and the drummer for CNBlue) through Entertainers and of course fell for him there. (Had major 2nd lead syndrome in that drama) As soon as I heard KMH casted in Hospital Ship as the main lead, I cheered, rejoiced and was happy for him because he got his first lead role! I don't regret watching Hospital Ship and wasn't disappointed with his acting.

For memorable scenes, wow there are just so many good scenes in the drama... But if I were to choose a few, I would have to say when KH pulled SEJ forward and got shot, when SEJ was with him in the helicopter, SEJ performing surgery on KH, basically the whole two episodes where KH got shot and was in the hospital. I literally watched those scenes like 10+ times, which is really bad ^_^ I also like when SEJ and KH went to the island for KH's birthday, and the beach and hotel kiss scene! There are probably many more that I can list but those are the ones I can think of on the top of my head..

@cslove I think I'll be doing live recap this week for the Hospital Ship special episode... @icyphoenix and @Yongzura are you guys going to be live recapping?

@alleram95, thank you so much for the translating for us - :blush: and also to @ferily, @icphoenix, @youngura & much more, thank you. 

The reason I started watching this drama is that of both actors. I have heard of HJW and want to see her acting.  The other is KMH (I love his group CNBlue).  I have seen him on Heir and he did a great job on that drama.  I guess my hunch was good because I have been glued to this drama.  Also, I have been away from Kdrama for a long time and this is the first Kdrama that I have watched since coming back.

The scene that brought me memory is SEJ realizing her mom had died and not realizing the mom was there to ask for medical help. 

I will wait for next week to see what special they will be showing.  

@alleram95 Thanks for dropping these questions. Here are my answers.

I watched Hospital Ship because of Kang Minhyuk. I'm a big fan of CNBLUE and he's the best actor in the band and my ideal type. I had been waiting for his drama comeback since Entertainer. When the news if his casting were out, I choked and ran in every corner in the house while squealing ofc. Hahaha And then I knew Ha Jiwon was the female lead. I lost my mind. LOL She's always been my fav actress since The King Two Hearts. I didn't know she was part of the drama until Minhyuk's casting was released haha I still facepalm every time I remember my overreaction to the news. Hahahaha I can't. That day was crazy. My boy will act with Queen Ha Jiwon. SHUT UP! I still can't believe he acted with her, did great job in his first male lead role and had oozing chemistry with Ha Jiwon. It's not a dream. Right?

2) I have many memorable scenes but the top ones are:

- When Hyun got shot.

- When Eunjae was taking care of Hyun in the helicopter heading to the hospital.

- When Hyun woke up after the surgery and asked if she was hurt anywhere.

- When Hyun asked Eunjae to date him.

21 hours ago, hikaru_dawn said:

Does anyone know where was the filming location of the kiss in episode 14? The first surprise kiss?

On 01/10/2017 at 6:45 AM, kingwtqueen said:

Oejorado (Oejora Do, Oedo)

Date unknown. Active; focal plane 10 m (33 ft); two red flashes every 6 s. 11 m (36 ft) red concrete tower rising from a pierhead structure; the lighthouse is shaped like a shoe. The light is perched atop the roof. Kim Cheol Bong's photo is at right, James Lee has a photo, and Google has a satellite view. Oedo is a small island about 3 km (2 mi) southwest of the Seoimal lighthouse. The island is the site of a popular formal garden and is readily accessible by ferry. Site open, tower closed. Admiralty M4335.9.

source : https://www.unc.edu/~rowlett/lighthouse/kor2ge.htm

thank you @alleram95 for the translation and the questions!

as for me, here are my answers:

1. I (accidentally) started watching HS because of HJW. by accidentally i mean I love HJW, have been her fans since "100 days with Mr. Arrogant". but at first i didn't know HJW was about to star in a medical drama, since am more of the "i watch anything" kind of person and don't really follow upcoming drama updates. after i discovered HS, i was kinda hesitated at first, since they cast KMH as her co-star. i didn't really pay attention to KMH before HS, always saw him no more than that "cute drummer from CNBlue who occasionally acts". but i decided to give it a go since, well, it's HJW. and oh boy i sure am glad KMH proved me wrong, i can see his acting has been improving during the drama, has amazing chemistry with HJW, and he ended up winning my heart (and many people, i believe).

2. For the favorite/unforgettable scenes, mine will be all of OTP's scenes (yes, ALL of them), EJ sobbed after her mother's death, JG's reconciled with his family... well actually, i liked almost everything about this drama... minus the YE's part. with all due respect to the actress, i still think YE arc is unnecessarily long, we could have more time to explore  the story and finished some unresolved plot should they made YE's plot shorter.

but anyway. the scene that i found most memorable would be the part where KH thanked EJ for remembering him when she needed someone (after EJ's father's condition worsened and she couldn't be there on time, so she called KH in desperation and asked him to look after her brother until she arrived). KH asked nothing from her, not pushing his feelings on her, just thanking her for allowing him to be there for her. how can you not fall for someone like this!? :heart:

Thanks @alleram95 for the translations. It is much appreciated.  Let me join answer your questions...

1. I watched Hospital Ship for HJW. Got excited as soon as I heard the news she is going to lead another drama. I have been her fans since SEGA, when she play WHIB i'm not really know her. For KMH i didn't really pay attention to him before HS, i saw him on THE HEIRS with a cute and a loving care boyfriend, but i shock that he have change so much since then...his acting has been improving during HS, has amazing chemistry with HJW, and he finaly got my intention...i know CNBLUE only LJH and Yonghwa bcoz they always on tv before KMH..so yups i think i become his fans now..hahahaha

2. And For the unforgettable scenes is when she finaly knew that she is inlove and hold kwak hand when he got shoot, i think that was a time when she finaly open her heart for relationship, also when she cry  after helping jeo gel mother...that was really breaking my heart...feeling gulty and losing mix on her..well actually, i liked almost everything about this drama...

for me this drama is realy HJW, this drama like talking to her about what love is...m i right? this drama not only about medical  drama but also we can feel a warm family team, and sincere love that bring this drama feel it to many people...i learn many things from HS..and think i have to open my heart like SEJ..and try looking around maybe theres another dr kwak around..hehehe

#sorry for my bad english...ohh thx for @icyphoenix for bring my video on instagram here, may i know what your ig account? maybe we can more know each other...if u don't mind hehehe

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTtDcjalO5dk2TlavwuNe0images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRLb2J4CYCF9Hjcwh7Jcamimages?q=tbn:ANd9GcS7ZxlMgWHub4LiJTNpU-Z

"Love is everything...  Love is everything...  It's EVERYTHING"...

If I have any regrets in watching this drama, it's that I didn't have the time or chance to express or describe all the emotions it allowed me to feel.  From beginning to the end it was as if step by step we were sharing in EJ's story of how one goes from not trusting or even understanding the need or want of love.  To discovering and experiencing week after week all the ways in which we can not only be loved by others but even more how amazing this gift is called LOVE!   That we can and are able to love others...

It's episodes full of humanistic everyday ways in which each person's life is able to touch so many other lives without even knowing.  That life, each one is, no matter how young or old, rich or poor, good or bad is precious to those who surround them.  That by holding the smallest babe within ones arms in never giving up as KH proved in sharing the warmth of his body even more the warmth of his heart...  " If we did everything we can do with science.  It's time to do something a person can do, with a praying heart...

Moments capturing the essence of sacrifice, courage and hope. In a way showing us all the faces of love and how each one from family to friendship to lovers to the simplest form in loving from one caring human being towards another.  Giving us a close up look at what it means to even be willing to lay down your life for someone you love by taking a shot for that person.  Or sacrificing a part of yourself in giving them a part of your liver .  Or in taking the courage in cutting off an arm to save it, or entering a shaky bus to save a boy, or in being forced to do surgery by gunpoint.  Another in doing surgery on ones own father when you know you should be the one.   Yes and even delivering a baby knowing the price you may or may not have to pay.  The greatest gift is giving a part of yourself or laying down your life for another...

In the end we were given the greatest truth of all.  That each person no matter who you are is unique and has their own story and life to tell and live.  But something we seldom realize if ever until we are forced to, is that our life effects not only everything around us but even more all those around us. That our touch of love or lack of it makes a difference.  That our very existence touches so many others and reaches much farther than our minds can even comprehend.  That one life is just like a domino touching and moving throughout so many others.  That love in motion, from the biggest sacrifice to the smallest act of kindness has greater value and more meaning than we in our lifetime will ever be able to truly understand...

If asked about this drama  I would reply... Just like my favorite OST we were given early on,  I Feel Love...

I felt love and so will you...

EJ said " My man has the warmest heart in the world"  And so it is with this drama, it will surly warm your heart.  Thanks to all those who made this thread and this drama an even more beautiful experience :heart:usafarmgril

Spoiler

Archived