[Drama 2017] Hospital Ship 병원선

wildflowers

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

K-Drama Reaction: Hospital Ship | Episodes 33-34

hospital-ship-song-eunjae.jpg?w=556

The Hospital Ship is facing its biggest iceberg.

The Greedy Businessman

hospital-ship-jung-dong-hwan.jpg?w=616

Apparently, politics is not the biggest problem the Hospital Ship is facing. It is the manipulative and greedy businessman Jang Tae-joon (Jung Dong-hwan), who wants to make a profit from health service, which I think should be the responsibility of the state. I won’t go down to the dark and deep discussion of capitalism but let me just vent out my frustration of this situation. The series probably made it more dramatic than it usually is but such thing happens in real life. Hospital Ship reflects how the naive locals became pawns in the game of the powerful.

The Ungrateful Mother

hospital-ship-episode-33.jpg?w=616

Spoiler

hospital-ship-episode-34.jpg?w=526&h=306

I know I shouldn’t get mad to these mother-daughter tandem suing Song Eun-jae (Ha Ji-won) for malpractice but I can’t help but get irritated by their naivete. They are being used by Doosung Group for their own interest but they don’t know it. How could they put the blame on the same doctor who did her best to help them? Now, the whole crew has been put in a precarious situation because of them. I’m hoping other remote island residents will reflect on how the ship helped them before and would move into action to help the crew.

Read the full recap here:

https://ahjummamshies.wordpress.com/2017/11/06/k-drama-reaction-hospital-ship-episodes-33-34/

K-Drama Reaction: Hospital Ship | Episodes 35-36

Spoiler

hospital-ship-minhyuk-ha-jiwon.jpg?w=607

Date: November 6, 2017 Author: maknaeahjumma

There are people who put their interest first before their duty to other people.

The Politicking Continues

Spoiler

hospital-ship-doosung.jpg?w=616

Doosung Group won’t stop bashing the Hospital Ship until it sinks to the bottom of the sea. This conglomerate is using all of its influence to shut down the biggest hurdle in their business venture in healthcare. And the most annoying part is that politicians who were supposed to be looking after people are being used too.

I kind of pity Kim Jae-geol’s (Lee Seo-won) father as he was flanked in the middle of a situation he didn’t deserve to be in. He needs to keep the hospital’s ER service afloat and he can’t do anything but to follow the wishes of its most likely investor. The Korean Medicine doctor seems to be torn as well on where to stand in the matter. Jae-geol wants to save the Hospital Ship and yet he knew how important the hospital is for his father. Seems like everyone is facing a tough choice.

The Captain, The Head Nurse, and The Administrator

Spoiler

hospital-ship-chief.jpg?w=616

The eldest among the crew are doing their best to lobby the Hospital Ship’s case to the province’s governor. But their calls are being ignored. It didn’t help that the life of Choo Won-gong’s (Kim Kwang-Kyu) wife was put in danger. Now, the poor ship’s chief had to deal with two heavy problems at once.

Sharing The Burden

Spoiler

hospital-ship-kwak-hyun1.jpg?w=616

Kwak Hyun (Kang Min-hyuk) and the other doctors and nurse tried to help the elders who are having trouble using Doosung’s advance medical system. I have no complaints using technology in improving the health system but I don’t support it when people use it to make a profit. And that what was clearly happening. At first, I thought it was too absurd of a situation but nah, it can or it is really happening.

Read the full recap here:

https://ahjummamshies.wordpress.com/2017/11/06/k-drama-reaction-hospital-ship-episodes-35-36/

Started watching Hospital Ship for Ha Ji Won, but I stayed for the fab chemistry with KMH and of course, the whole amazing cast of doctors, nurses and patients. Even the villains!

My fave scenes include their first "date" and then that first kiss, wow! Unforgettable. And the moment Ha Ji Won started to make the first moves first haha..."Will I be a shallow woman if I say I don't want to sleep at the dorm tonight?" Whew...and of course, when she told Dr. Kwak, "My man has the warmest heart in the world.." Now that slayed me.

The final emotional scene in Eun Jae's hospital room and Kwak Hyun came to pour out his heart...that was wonderful. This was a heartwarming drama and perfect enough for me!

Thank you sharing photos from the wrap up party :lol: It really is a shame that KMH couldnt be there for the party since he has CNBlue schedule in Japan, especially since this was his first lead role in a drama.. CNBlue just had their two day concert in Osaka and now they're going to another city.. Maybe Hospital Ship will have a separate wrap up party for KMH, haha.

19 hours ago, USAFarmgirl said:

"Love is everything...  Love is everything...  It's EVERYTHING"...

If I have any regrets in watching this drama, it's that I didn't have the time or chance to express or describe all the emotions it allowed me to feel.  From beginning to the end it was as if step by step we were sharing in EJ's story of how one goes from not trusting or even understanding the need or want of love.  To discovering and experiencing week after week all the ways in which we can not only be loved by others but even more how amazing this gift is called LOVE!   That we can and are able to love others...

It's episodes full of humanistic everyday ways in which each person's life is able to touch so many other lives without even knowing.  That life, each one is, no matter how young or old, rich or poor, good or bad is precious to those who surround them.  That by holding the smallest babe within ones arms in never giving up as KH proved in sharing the warmth of his body even more the warmth of his heart...  " If we did everything we can do with science.  It's time to do something a person can do, with a praying heart...

Moments capturing the essence of sacrifice, courage and hope. In a way showing us all the faces of love and how each one from family to friendship to lovers to the simplest form in loving from one caring human being towards another.  Giving us a close up look at what it means to even be willing to lay down your life for someone you love by taking a shot for that person.  Or sacrificing a part of yourself in giving them a part of your kidney .  Or in taking the courage in cutting off an arm to save it, or entering a shaky bus to save a boy, or in being forced to do surgery by gunpoint.  Another in doing surgery on ones own father when you know you should be the one.   Yes and even delivering a baby knowing the price you may or may not have to pay.  The greatest gift is giving a part of yourself or laying down your life for another...

In the end we were given the greatest truth of all.  That each person no matter who you are is unique and has their own story and life to tell and live.  But something we seldom realize if ever until we are forced to, is that our life effects not only everything around us but even more all those around us. That our touch of love or lack of it makes a difference.  That our very existence touches so many others and reaches much farther than our minds can even comprehend.  That one life is just like a domino touching and moving throughout so many others.  That love in motion, from the biggest sacrifice to the smallest act of kindness has greater value and more meaning than we in our lifetime will ever be able to truly understand...

If asked about this drama  I would reply... Just like my favorite OST we were given early on,  I Feel Love...

I felt love and so will you...

EJ said " My man has the warmest heart in the world"  And so it is with this drama, it will surly warm your heart.  Thanks to all those who made this thread and this drama an even more beautiful experience :heart:usafarmgril

Reveal hidden contents

Oh a great sum up of HS, should post this in IG, facebook, twitter or whatever media to promote HS. I hope it will get to more free to air channel in different countries cos it will definitely help to heal or touch more hearts especially in such stressful society. 

7 hours ago, monki said:

Actually, it is quite possible for them to have Hospital Ship 2, focusing on different stories of patients. Just keep the main leads Ha Ji Won and Kang Min Hyuk. PD-nim, please!!!

I also hope for a Hospital ship 2! There are still lots of stories to tell, and gaps to fill. If Hospital ship 2 could happen, that would be super awesome!

https://www.bilibili.com/video/av16082624/?from=search&seid=1582584856101913708

This video is so well-made that I need to share with u all, I even teared up watching it :bawling:

Missing HS so so much, that'd be FANTASTIC if we can have season 2 with the same cast!! I saw quite a lot of people requesting for HS2 on naver, hope MBC will listen to our wishes :heart:

1 hour ago, valc22 said:

This video is so well-made that I need to share with u all, I even teared up watching it :bawling:

Missing HS so so much, that'd be FANTASTIC if we can have season 2 with the same cast!! I saw quite a lot of people requesting for HS2 on naver, hope MBC will listen to our wishes :heart:

I love this video so much, thank you for sharing:wub:

2 hours ago, valc22 said:

Whoever made this video is genius!!!! I love it so much!! :love:

I just saw this article in IBtimes

http://www.ibtimes.co.in/hospital-ship-episodes-39-40-finale-recap-unexpected-breakup-emotional-reunion-748032

Hospital Ship, the MBC medical drama series, successfully completed its 20-episode run on November 2. The fans are now looking forward to an official announcement from the network about season 2.

With an average of 12 percent viewership ratings, the show has already secured its place in the TV world. If MBC renews the series for another season, it is likely to feature Song Eun Jae and Kwak Hyun taking their relationship to the next level.

However, the fans of Hospital Ship will have to wait for an official announcement from MBC to know more about season 2. Until then, catch up with all the episodes of season 1 online here.

It seems many fans are actually looking forward for a season 2. 

Archived