[Drama 2018] Are You Human Too?, 너도 인간이니

Go Seung Ji

[Are You Human Too?] Eps 33 & 34 Kim Sung Ryeong sacrifices herself to save robot Namshin

human.png

Posted on Monday, August 6, 2018

Article: Naver 'Are You Human too' Kim Sung Ryeong loses consciousness after saving Robot Namshin
  • Namshin (Seo Kang Joon) got his hands on the kill switch to kill robot Namshin (Seo Kang Joon). 
  • Kang So Bong (Gong Seung Yeon) celebrates robot Namshin's birthday for him. 
  • Oh Ro Ra (Kim Seung Ryeong) comes to save her robot son. Human Namshin still activates the kill switch. Oh Ro Ra inserts a chip and robot Namshin is back to normal. 
  • Seo Jong Gil (Yu Oh Seong) pushes a button and metal barrels falls from top, Oh Ro Ra pushes robot Namshin away and sacrifices herself. 

1. [+857,-15]
Seo Kang Joon is actually doing 4 different roles. Robot Namshin, Human Namshin, Robot Namshin pretending to be Human Namshin, Human Namshin pretending to be Robot Namshin. But the viewers are able to differentiate all of them and it's because of his good acting. 

2. [+387,-11]
I don't understand the low ratings. This is so interesting to watch.  The acting is so good too. 

3. [+145,-5]
Why did Oh Ro Ra die all of a sudden? ㅠㅠ If robot Namshin gets hit, he just needs to be repaired. ㅠㅠ

4. [+96,-3]
ㅠㅠㅠㅠ Human Namshin, Robot Namshin, So Bong, Oh Ro Ra, I wish that they will be happy. ㅠㅠㅠㅠㅜㅠㅜㅠ

5. [+81,-16]
Scriptwriter, It's not going to be a sad ending, right? I'm not watching it because it's going to end sadly. I think I will regret what I watch if it does.

6. [+45,-1]
Seo Kang Joon's acting is crazy good. ㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠ He's met his life character. That face, that age, with that acting skills... You have to get an acting award at the end of the year. 

7. [+38,-0]
Seo Kang Joon's acting is really good. ㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠ I teared up. ㅠㅠ

8. [+42,-8]
Seo Kang Joon's acting is good, female lead is lovely, story is good too. But the only thing is Yoo Oh Seong committing murder as if he's eating rice. Children are watching too. Human Namshin almost died getting crushed by a truck, Namshin's father was strangled to death, he released barrels to kill robot Namshin and his mother etc. It's too much. This is a public TV drama, the concept of it isn't about murder. 

9. [+34,-0]
We still have David!! Please have David save Oh Ro Ra and Robot Namshin ㅠ

10. [+32,-0]
He wanted to cry like a human. ㅠㅠㅠㅠ Robot Namshin-ah ㅠㅠㅠㅠ

cr

Spoiler

in the preview, it says that The kill switch was activated again??? is that means sobong willing herself to get exploded with n3 while back-hugging him? :cry:

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 hours ago, Kasmic said:

Who owns NS3 - Mom and David did and of course sponsored by Grandpa. But now like David said, NS3 is constantly evolving and learning to think for himself. Is that even possible? I think so, you see him overriding the rules that was programmed into him. So yes NS3 has this ability and is now trying to not be controlled by anyone but itself. NS3 wants the freedom to do things his way and asks those around him to trust him - eg Mom, YH, SB and even Shin.  NS3 is overall a robot so no he cant feel the emotions his experiencing. He is programmed to know that these are the natural responses that a human would feel thats why his troubled to these new experiences. But maybe Im wrong, as like David said NS3 is constantly evolving and perhaps now has the ability to "feel" emotions. But I would hope not. As how is that possible and like you said if thats the case this would possibly lead to to a future where the robots will eventually replace humans. How scary would that be?  Though it may mean the world will become as perfect as NS3....errrr...what the what? What about the creators? Technology is suppose to advance or improve life not control or takeover it. But I do see the writers purpose in challenging our views on this issue. 

Sorry to cut your post.  I can handle the part where the robot is trying to learn for himself.  That's all and good but I still feel that a robot cannot learn unless there is some initial input into him.  Here lies the scariest part.  Who is the robot learning from?  The natural responses that the robot is seeing and learning.  In real life, many decisions are made with a human heart.  As Nam Shin3 said so himself, he has no heart so how does he know what is good or bad because in real life even for humans, there may not be a black and white, only grey.  So I am deeply curious about the part when human shin was controlling him through manual mode and NS3 was trying to kill So Bong.  Which was the overriding factor?  The fact that Shin Robot "remembered" So Bong or that Shin Human took himself off the control? 

When I saw these fangirls, makes me question technology as well as SB love for NS3. That they only love a robot knowing it can protect you always and not leave you...again thats not love esp if the robot is designed/ programmed to do this. 

I am glad I am not the only one questioning the romance bit of the story.  Yes.  Shin Robot is perfect and that's why we all love IT but it is all in the perception.  Robot Shin hugs whenever he sees tears and that's logical but the human heart perceive it as care.  This is the difference between robot and humans.  Can a robot indeed learn so deeply that it can function perfectly to give and thus "feel" love?  Perhaps it is sufficient for the world to have a robot who can do just that.  But this makes me question the kind of "reality" we will be perceiving in a world full of Robot Shins.  

In any case, thank you for your reply @Kasmic.  I appreciate having someone to bounce off these questions with.  

1 hour ago, 2handsintertwined said:

And I think, "Are humans human" and I think, what makes a human human? I don't think Robot Shin is different...I will explain more. I reading the capping, and I'm reading the other comments here. And I'm also trying to catch up. So you also asked, "Who is NamShin3/Robot Shin's master? I think this is a great question. I have been curious. So I think it was his mom. I think it's So Bong now. Why? He cares about his mom, right? But he's also starting to care about her. And his mom only cares about Real Shin, but he started to ask, "Why doesn't she care about me?" So Bong told the mother she is cruel. She thinks Robot Shin is important too. So that is why I think she is his master. I could be wrong. I am very very behind. I don't know if I will make it time. I am so sad... I really wanted to discuss this drama because I thought it was different. And Robot Shin is handsome!!! :blush: 

So these are my thoughts. 

I'm going to try so hard to catch up. There is just so much going on. I need answers!

There is this part where Robot Namshin said that he likes SB because she sees him for who he is.  I don't think I can accept this part of a robot having an identity of its own because it is too illogical.  A robot can only make decisions based on prior input.  Which means that SB is the one who has given him that idea that she likes him for who he is but what effect would this mean for the robot when it comes to decision making?

I do not see Human Namshin as evil.  The way he behaved from the very start was a guise he puts up to protect himself.  Whatever he has done to the robot, deep down I do not think he meant it for evil.  Think about it, what would you have done if you woke up one day and there's another you almost claiming your life in such a real way that it caused a great disruption.    The way Namshin staged the whole airport scene keeping even his bestie in the dark tells me that there's more to Namshin than it meets the eye.  We actually still do not know what he is thinking even though we may not like some of his actions.  I believe we have yet to see the real heart of NamShin yet.  Will we see it?  I don't know.  I will decide if it is worth watching after the finale.  

45 minutes ago, bkchild said:

That's what I thought but then the preview has the switch being activated again and the way it was said it was like it's gonna kill him again. But...we'll see. Misdirection happens in promos all the time.

For the first one Shin can go eat rocks for all I care, her having to die so he can learn to stop being piece of crap and stop trying to murder people isn't worthwhile or satisfying at all really. It's not like she died trying to save human Shin so he's going to regret that and realizes she really did love him but it's too late. She died saving the robot he loathed so much. And she's robbed of any chance to actually finally reconcile with her son or truly confront Grandpa, the one reason this whole mess started in the first place was with the separation. Same goes for him not getting a chance to do that, for people who still care about him and his feelings he gets robbed too. So I'm hoping it's not that one. 

Unfortuntely thats also a typical drama troupe where the leading characters tend to develop for the better over something as devastating a loosing a love one.... I know Im not all for it too. I'd rather Mom and Shin hug it out and def would like to see her confront Grandpa and him showing some sign of remorse for treating her so badly.  But if NS3 show Shin a playback of Laura's last moments Im hoping he'll wake to his senses and see that his mother did love him and was always trying to protect him. I know it could back fire and make him more so jealous over NS3 but hopefully he'd wake up and see that his mother loves both her sons equally

About point 2. she had no reason to create other AI robots like NS3. She didn't want any of her work mass produced. Unless you mean she could be kidnapped or something and then forced to make more robots or threatened in some other way? Or do you mean that she won't be able to fix NS3 or make another NS3 if he gets broken? I didn't think of that! You got my speculation wheel spinning now ^^ and that would tie in with the kill switch being activated again, she can't fix it this time so it's up to NS3 to overcome one last obstacle using the love of SB and Laura and also Laura's tech she put in him (with love).

Yep, unless David has her skills to help NS3 override the kill switch I dont know who else can save NS3. Also the AI robots are designed by her and I know she doesnt want a mass production but the company is leaning towards that way esp with the AI: M (medical) Car project.  Im like the audience, with questioning looks when NS3 said that his a AI whom wants to live with humans. 

If she's not dead but they're pretending she is to shock NS out of it then that would also make me less angry lol. I'd accept point 1. 

6 minutes ago, sheza said:

Sorry to cut your post.  I can handle the part where the robot is trying to learn for himself.  That's all and good but I still feel that a robot cannot learn unless there is some initial input into him.  Here lies the scariest part.  Who is the root learning from.  The natural responses that the robot is seeing and learning.  In real life, many decisions are made with a human heart.  As Nam Shin3 said so himself, he has no heart so how does he know what is good or bad because in real life even for humans, there may not be a black and white, only grey.  So I am deeply curious about the part when human shin was controlling him through manual mode and NS3 was trying to kill So Bong.  Which was the overriding factor?  The fact that Shin Robot "remembered" So Bong or that Shin Human took himself off the control? 
NS3 is programmed to save human lives and thus do good. I think he later gets his input thru SB. It was her guidance in telling him to think for himself and that he isnt Shin which triggered him to think this way. Thats why he made a new rule - to protect SB. When he almost tried to kill her, her tears triggered him. Which can also explain how he was able to override Shin's control. 

I am glad I am not the only one questioning the romance bit of the story.  Yes.  Shin Robot is perfect and that's why we all love IT but it is all in the perception.  Robot Shin hugs whenever he sees tears and that's logical but the human heart perceive it as care.  This is the difference between robot and humans.  Can a robot indeed learn so deeply that it can function perfectly to give and thus "feel" love?  Perhaps it is sufficient for the world to have a robot who can do just that.  But this makes me question the kind of "reality" we will be perceiving in a world full of Robot Shins.  
Im so glad that we share the same thought of this "perception" vs "reality" and furthermore Im glad Im not the only one whom isnt as convinced or swooning over the NS3 and SB love story lol!
In any case, thank you for your reply @Kasmic.  I appreciate having someone to bounce off these questions with.  

I too love and appreciate that we can friendly share our thoughts of this drama. It makes it more enjoyable. 

a robot and a human, everything is possible when we love, it's a beautiful message:wub::lol:

HAPPY ENDING FOR SHIN 3 AND SB:blush::wub:, her last sentence where she says at shin 3," let's live together until the end", it makes me think that despite,  it he is immortal robot, on the other hand, she is human,  a little sad but good, we imagine they will be happy, otherwise they are cute

Congratulations all the team of this drama, writers and actors are great, especially the main actor and what chemistry between the leads:wub:

10 hours ago, sheza said:

I can handle the part where the robot is trying to learn for himself.  That's all and good but I still feel that a robot cannot learn unless there is some initial input into him.  Here lies the scariest part.  Who is the robot learning from?  The natural responses that the robot is seeing and learning.  In real life, many decisions are made with a human heart.  As Nam Shin3 said so himself, he has no heart so how does he know what is good or bad because in real life even for humans, there may not be a black and white, only grey

The robot is learning the same way we all learn, I think. And such thing as human heart knowing what's good or bad doesn't exist. You only need to look around in this planet and notice how there are countries where you will be considered a monster if you kill a kitten, and there are countries where it is accepted that is a good thing to kill your daughter because she was raped, and thus brought dirt to your family name. We all learn and shape our minds related to our experience with the world and the human group we are part of. We accept that things have to be certain way because we understand they are good for the group and for us. There is also behaviour genetics (sorry not sure about the name in English) which explains why certain reactions are passing from one generation to the next one (thanks to natural selection: the wrong reactions for survival do not make the cut). E.g. I'm super-scared of spiders in a way that is not rational, a small spider 10m from me will not harm me. However in the past, there were people who had this reaction for whatever is in their genes that managed to avoid poisonous spiders, so the trait, even if sometimes is useless, persisted in time and came to me through my ancestors. So we are preprogrammed to do some things, even if sometimes they don't serve a real  purpose, like NS3 giving hugs....I can't avoid to see the similarities.

Regarding the episode yesterday,.... :bawling: I have not much to say. The kiss didn't make me happy after all, with all that tension and then, Mom... :bawling:  But the worst part is that she gave that modification to NS3 and said it was her present. I think it didn't stop the kill switch but it gives NS3 the ability to control it, so now he can die whenever he wants. :bawling: I'm dreading a Greek tragedy ending...my heart cannot take more kill switch.

Also NS going full villain was too sad, I feel so bad for Oh Ro Ra, she made mistakes but she has suffered a lot. When she asked NS3 for forgiveness and that he told NS that she is sorry.... :bawling:  Do you guys think there is still hope for a semi-decent ending?

47 minutes ago, Mau_Cherry said:

Test - Test - is it working again???

I guess we can log in but cannot insert pics or videos as yet.

Here is the OST 9 "You Are My Love" by Seo Kang Joon

https://youtu.be/FhE7KuBlxss

And anyone whom watched the finale ep, how on Earth is Seo minion Park not in jail? and is still able to work in the company and give Seo reports of it? :crazy:

Let me test... SKJ IG update, I cant even spot him lol!

Not sure if I like the ending but nah-crazy-rabbit-emoticon.gif?1292793775 I still cant accept it even if he did lost all his abilities and is able to cry.... his still a robot :blink: my next question is can he age?  can they have children?  or maybe I just should throw out all logic or reality and as @Mau_Cherry said think its like the story of Pinocchio, NS3 magically became human. Or its the power of David  :P

DkAguJoVsAAYZBw.jpg

Wow! pics working now

Just now, Kasmic said:

And anyone whom watched the finale ep, how on Earth is Seo minion Park not in jail? and is still able to work in the company and giving Seo reports of it? :crazy:

I guess they gave the drama an open ending for the second season. Sadly the ratings weren't good so there won't be any season 2 :(

I wanted to write and read posts but I couldnt log in .. did you have the same problem guys?

Just now, crazyyo said:

Too bad Ye Na didn't end up with Shin. I started shipping them when she stopped being obsessed with him and actually started thinking. Huhu my ship sank. At least Ji Shin ship is sailing :w00t:

But I believe that Shin didnt like her so it was almost impossible for them to end up together.

Archived