Quantcast
Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Lynne

[Mainland Chinese Drama 2018] The Story of Ming Lan 庶女明兰传 / 知否?知否?应是绿肥红瘦

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, dito said:

Maybe she's happy now that he's back and she can finally eat and sleep to her hearts content. He can handle all the stress.:lol:

The kiss did also happen in the book but way before when she first came into Gu manor. I think the writers didn't think it appropriate to put it in then so they added it now. If I remember correctly,  it was when everyone was forcing concubines on them and even ML gave her consent but GTY got mad and refused and told everyone he wanted Di (legitimate) heirs. Granny told her to appreciate the good things he was doing for her. So she did it as a thank you. I think it was when she was comparing him with Doc HHW and saying he left her to handle the thing with the cousin while GTY stood beside her to handle it all himself.

Thanks for the info @dito 

If so, i reckon I'd be patient and wait for the kiss. It seems more apt for her to open up now since they have been married longer, been through a bit together, and now with her throwing it all to protect and avenge the granny, he's right behind her supporting her all the way...

The wait was worth the while. 

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, dito said:

I really hope GTY does not get trapped in ED schemes. They have shown us again and again how smart he is. He's also keeping notice of all that ED is doing ....so getting trapped will be very unbelievable. I'm hoping he willingly enters their trap so that ED plans are out in the open and the emperor's side can face this enemy head on. 

My suspicion too. Emperor's side has fallen into EP's traps time and again. The power game would be too one-sided and wearisome if GTY and Prince Huan continue to not anticipate ED's moves. I also hope he willingly enters the trap as a part of a bigger plan and uses it as a decoy to lure ED side come into the open. In the trailer when GTY talks to ML in prison, he says "Staying with me will be dangerous." and asks for a amicable seperation. I think he is not only referring to his stepmom but ED, who has long been aware of ML's ability as a strategist. I remember the scene when ED hears ML's influence on Madam Zhang and comments that both GTY and ML has become emperor's able hands. Even with GTY out of the way, ML can give advice to the empress and Madam Zhang if needed, so she still will be viewed as a threat by ED. With GTY's absence and nobody else to protect her, she could become an easy target for ED. The above reasoning is on the assumption that ML maintains her conferred title so as a influential noble madam may enter the palace. From this one may deduce that GTY's "crime" is not serious enough to cost him his title but only his position, so in this case the best way to protect ML when he's gone will be an amicable seperation, to pull ML out of the power struggle center. After their divorce, ML would become an ordinary official's daughter and will no longer have the chance to communicate with empress or Madam Zhang, therefore no longer a dangerous threat to ED. And as she is not Marquis Gu's wife any more, ML would be safe from GTY stepmom.  

  • Like 1
  • Insightful 8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, dito said:

 

Maybe she's happy now that he's back and she can finally eat and sleep to her hearts content. He can handle all the stress.:lol:

The kiss did also happen in the book but way before when she first came into Gu manor. I think the writers didn't think it appropriate to put it in then so they added it now. If I remember correctly,  it was when everyone was forcing concubines on them and even ML gave her consent but GTY got mad and refused and told everyone he wanted Di (legitimate) heirs. Granny told her to appreciate the good things he was doing for her. So she did it as a thank you. I think it was when she was comparing him with Doc HHW and saying he left her to handle the thing with the cousin while GTY stood beside her to handle it all himself.

The kiss scene takes place when ML returns to Sheng household as a newly-wed bride. On their way back to GTY manor she compares GTY with HHW and says with him in front of her and protecting her, she will be afraid of nothing. But when ML kisses GTY (a quick peck on the face), she makes a slip of tongue: "Second uncle, you're so nice..." which darkens his face. :joy:

  • Like 3
  • LOL 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, dito said:

 

When ML's mother died and ML fell sick, the past ML died and future ML took over.

If this is the case, the novel ML won’t have that much hatred towards Linniang then? Since she didn’t experience the pain of losing her mother and saw how Linning cause the death of her mother. This is probably way novel Linniang was not beaten to death and just sent to a farms. 

  • Like 5
  • LOL 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, m0us3y said:

Thanks for the info @dito 

If so, i reckon I'd be patient and wait for the kiss. It seems more apt for her to open up now since they have been married longer, been through a bit together, and now with her throwing it all to protect and avenge the granny, he's right behind her supporting her all the way...

The wait was worth the while. 

 

Yes it feels more apt now. The one in the book felt more like ML acting than ML actually feeling.

 

41 minutes ago, matrim said:

The kiss scene takes place when ML returns to Sheng household as a newly-wed bride. On their way back to GTY manor she compares GTY with HHW and says with him in front of her and protecting her, she will be afraid of nothing. But when ML kisses GTY (a quick peck on the face), she makes a slip of tongue: "Second uncle, you're so nice..." which darkens his face. :joy:

 

Lol, I forgot she called him Second uncle then. He was so surprised and happy with the kiss...and that ML initiated it but then she ruined it all with the second uncle:lol:

  • LOL 8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, shihuangdi said:

If this is the case, the novel ML won’t have that much hatred towards Linniang then? Since she didn’t experience the pain of losing her mother and saw how Linning cause the death of her mother. This is probably way novel Linniang was not beaten to death and just sent to a farms. 

 

Yeah, She had no problem with Lin niang until she started making things difficult for ML. ML, even guessed Lin niang must be involved in the death of ML's mom, but she never let on to anyone. She also never got involved into RL and Molan's fights. And did all she could to stay out of their sights. QH paying attention to ML was what brought both RL and Molan's ire on her. The only person she liked in the Sheng family, other than granny,  was Changbai.

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

http://t.cn/Ec53fnZ?m=4336798451093941&u=1897410357

New trailer. GTY and CB's return to the capital is secret and not granted by the emperor. ML is shocked to hear this as it is a major offence. And the emperor knows it too. He gets angry and curses GTY, but at the end his meaningful side glance makes me wonder if he's been playing games all along.

  • Like 9

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, matrim said:

http://t.cn/Ec53fnZ?m=4336798451093941&u=1897410357

New trailer. GTY and CB's return to the capital is secret and not granted by the emperor. ML is shocked to hear this as it is a major offence. And the emperor knows it too. He gets angry and curses GTY, but at the end his meaningful side glance makes me wonder if he's been playing games all along.

 

Man I really really hope this is the reason for the punishment and not something that ED planned but planned by the emperor or Huan wang to out ED. Off to watch...

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The scene when ML was with her unconscious granny, the background music was really deep and sad .. can almost share how lonely, frustratingly hurt and broken ML must have felt at tht time.

  • Like 7
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, dito said:

 

Man I really really hope this is the reason for the punishment and not something that ED planned but planned by the emperor or Huan wang to out ED. Off to watch...

The sl of gty returning without permission granted was in the book and it was the first time ml got angry at him. But the Emperor didn’t know about this.

it’d make sense to spin it differently. But then the emperor should punish cb too. 

I am soooo confused. It could be a plan or it could be another strain in their relationship. I hope it’s a plan.

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, matrim said:

http://t.cn/EctV7qR?m=4336819493325118&u=5103645868

http://t.cn/EctZwXn?m=4336810887048264&u=5103645868

New trailers. Molan and CL's maid help Aunt Kang to escape and it implies that she even gives a dagger to Aunt Kang to murder ML! :rage: Really can't believe my eyes! What a snake...

Hope molan will get her due.. She's really a snake. Like mother like daughter. 

  • Like 6
  • Sad 1
  • Love 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

How much episodes left do we have? The countdown is nerve wrecking  :sweatingbullets:

 

I’m guessing the downfall wont be long after the birth of their son.. from the preview ml was chasing soldier gty while wearing a headband, with my amateur deduction skill, I conclude the women who wear them are unwell, just like ml and lady zhang after giving birth, also grandma everytime the shengs got into some problem.. or maybe just an accessory :lol:

  • Like 4
  • LOL 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, jewelsc said:

I'm sorry, i don't usually support or condone when a woman is being assaulted by a man be it in that era or now but i couldn't help burst out laughing when aunt kang's husband slapped her across her face and i was like "yes..give her another one!!"  such a pity he only gave her 1 :crazy:

11 hours ago, leeza77 said:

Agreed. Ml during the confrontation with Danniang said that Auntie Kang made danniang poisoned grandma and auntie kang will use the secret to blackmail danniang into submitting to her wishes. If Danniang is unable to do so, then Danniang will ask that from CB and Hualan. The whole family will be at the mercy of auntie kang. Danniang was so shocked that it was never crossed her mind the extend of auntie kang evilness. Another blow to danniang is that her grandson is frequently at grandma courtyard. There was huge risk that the child would to be poisoned if grandma gave her the lotus cake that day. This risk has never been foresee by danniang, but not auntie kang. She just proceed with the plan as cb's child is not her grandson. Cruel. 

For that her death is the best. 

 

9 hours ago, m0us3y said:

And the way she deduced Aunt Kang's motives and actions, up to the point that she will use CB and RL's husband to get them to do her bidding..

@leeza77 & @m0us3y  I find it sad that Danning is so easly manipulated by Aunt Kang all because she was raised to be submissive to her and taught that Aunt Kang is better then her.. Danning always had in her mind to do good by Aunt Kang iut would help her get acceptance from her brother and mother.. Sadly enough afterall she had to do for Aunt Kang it never register in her mind because of the help that Mother and Brother gives to Aunt Kang that they are harming her more then helping her.. Even after the fact of her telling Aunt Kang that her and Sh are getting along well.. Just the change of attitude upon hearing this news should gave been warning signs for her..  aunt Kang biggest problem with ML is that no matter what she did ML wasn't going to allow her to just entered her home whenever she like to beg or find fault in something to manipulate and control her.. Aunt Kang got even more furious with every turn she makes ML had block her path just as Big Mdm was.. For these two women to have such a young girl to rip the masks right off there faces was so unacceptable they both had no other choice but to go out for the kill.. 

For SH to say to ML how did she become such as person, He would never understand in her case since young it was kill or be killed.. If CL had got any inkling that ML was on to her she would have killed ML also or sold her off to a brothel long time ago..

 

Well we can say she did learn something from Big Mdm barrowing another knife to kill.. A good wake up call for Danning use her son to stab and twist the knife

 

7 hours ago, hello210 said:

It was funny when QH flinched at GTY's bow....he thought GTY came to fight him.....and wth with QH's wife thinking her husband is a damsel in distress:lol:

@dito  :w00t::w00t:  This has made my morning.. I'll start my day with a smile on my face.. Thanks.. Atleast the wife has more guts then he.. I don't think QH has ever held a sword not how to wield one.. 

 

  • Like 4
  • LOL 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, nichiwoohee said:

How much episodes left do we have? The countdown is nerve wrecking  :sweatingbullets:

 

I’m guessing the downfall wont be long after the birth of their son.. from the preview ml was chasing soldier gty while wearing a headband, with my amateur deduction skill, I conclude the women who wear them are unwell, just like ml and lady zhang after giving birth, also grandma everytime the shengs got into some problem.. or maybe just an accessory :lol:

12 episodes of TV version, 11 episodes of uncut version.

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, UnniSarah said:

Hello chingu

I do love the Empress but there was a scene where I think she intentionally hurt ML by telling her about Prince Huan faced two assassination attempt and her husband saved her son. ML reaction was on point but I wondered if the Empress facial reaction was of guilt or glee to hurt ML because ML told her that she has to fix the problem because it began with her. 

@UnniSarah  I don't think she did this to hurt ML. I'm sure she knew ML hadn't heard any news of what was going on with her husband being with the prince.. I think she told ML first before others would tell her and add they version to it to cause ML to worry that could eventually hurt her child.. I think it was he way to protect ML in return for telling her how to please everyone around and still keep the marriage aliences with the families..

I think if the ED knew ML gave the Empress this idea and out a stop to her gaining more power she would also go after ML regardkess to if she was pregnat or not..

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The emperor is really poisoned by the consort. 

Spoiler

The new trailer shows that the emperor's rage towards gty for not reporting to him first, after coming back from his investigation of salt business. Emperor didn't even consider that if gty didn't come back on time to his manor, ml will be killed by kang auntie. Such an ungrateful man. Gty is his strongest supporter and the cleverest one. The one he can rely on, but he's listening to his evil consort. Guess, gty is demoted to ordinary soldier because of this. Very sad. A good loyal and talented supporter is treated like this by the emperor. 

 

  • Like 4
  • Sad 8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

Omg crying yingbao is so adorable.. I feel bad thinking that way :vicx:

 

2 minutes ago, leeza77 said:

The emperor is really poisoned by the consort. 

  Hide contents

The new trailer shows that the emperor's rage towards gty for not reporting to him first, after coming back from his investigation of salt business. Emperor didn't even consider that if gty didn't come back on time to his manor, ml will be killed by kang auntie. Such an ungrateful man. Gty is his strongest supporter and the cleverest one. The one he can rely on, but he's listening to his evil consort. Guess, gty is demoted to ordinary soldier because of this. Very sad. A good loyal and talented supporter is treated like this by the emperor. 

 

 

Spoiler

His son is more ruler material, you cant be an emperor and be a softie. It’s better for gty to be demoted with petty reason, that way his backers (prince huan, state uncle, the generals even duke ying) could still silently support him, rather than him guilty of capital offense

 

  • Like 11

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, matrim said:

http://t.cn/Ec53fnZ?m=4336798451093941&u=1897410357

New trailer. GTY and CB's return to the capital is secret and not granted by the emperor. ML is shocked to hear this as it is a major offence. And the emperor knows it too. He gets angry and curses GTY, but at the end his meaningful side glance makes me wonder if he's been playing games all along.

I just guessed it before that maybe the crime GTY would've committed was coming to the city while on official mission for ML.. I never thought it would actually happen.. Omg I hope this is getting interesting 

  • Like 5
  • Love 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...