[Mainland Chinese Drama 2018] The Story of Ming Lan 庶女明兰传 / 知否?知否?应是绿肥红瘦

Lynne

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, shihuangdi said:

Who is this Tu Er Ye (the guy who guards the Sheng house during the poisoning, and who tortured the spy maid? He never mentioned or appeared before but from the trailer, he seems to be very important in the future? 

He is the head guard left by gty to guard ml. He appeared before accompanying ml when she went to her farmstead given by grandma. 

3 hours ago, matrim said:

My suspicion too. Emperor's side has fallen into EP's traps time and again. The power game would be too one-sided and wearisome if GTY and Prince Huan continue to not anticipate ED's moves. I also hope he willingly enters the trap as a part of a bigger plan and uses it as a decoy to lure ED side come into the open. In the trailer when GTY talks to ML in prison, he says "Staying with me will be dangerous." and asks for a amicable seperation. I think he is not only referring to his stepmom but ED, who has long been aware of ML's ability as a strategist. I remember the scene when ED hears ML's influence on Madam Zhang and comments that both GTY and ML has become emperor's able hands. Even with GTY out of the way, ML can give advice to the empress and Madam Zhang if needed, so she still will be viewed as a threat by ED. With GTY's absence and nobody else to protect her, she could become an easy target for ED. The above reasoning is on the assumption that ML maintains her conferred title so as a influential noble madam may enter the palace. From this one may deduce that GTY's "crime" is not serious enough to cost him his title but only his position, so in this case the best way to protect ML when he's gone will be an amicable seperation, to pull ML out of the power struggle center. After their divorce, ML would become an ordinary official's daughter and will no longer have the chance to communicate with empress or Madam Zhang, therefore no longer a dangerous threat to ED. And as she is not Marquis Gu's wife any more, ML would be safe from GTY stepmom.  

@matrim  With ML birthing sons even if GTy is exield and they are divorce ML and her children would never be safe from step mom because to her eldest son down to the last son are all in line to gain the marquis title.. Once all of them is dead can the evil step mom gains what she's been after all along...

52 minutes ago, matrim said:

New trailers. Molan and CL's maid help Aunt Kang to escape and it implies that she even gives a dagger to Aunt Kang to murder ML! :rage: Really can't believe my eyes! What a snake...

@matrim  I believe it.. Molan is very jealous of ML and even after gaining all her dads attention as a child growing up in the Sheng house and marrying above her status.. Molan can't stand the fact that ML has gotten herself a title and shines brighter then she'll ever be.. Molan always saw herself in Ming Lan shoes wher all the nobles household women holds her in a very high position.. Even thou she married a Count her Count isn't no where near the Count Ming Lan has.. I think she kicking herself in the but because before her mom passed away she tried to get Molan to go after GTY which she refused because of his past.. Now her knowing that Ming Lan husband is a one womens man must be really infuriating her who husband got upteen concubines all bore him a son,, Now that Lil sister has bore the next Gu heir must really be upsetting her.. So yes even thou Aunt Kang did give her mom including herself a hard time.. I could see her using Aunt Kang to get back at Ml all because she won't allow CL plack to be placed in the monestary nor her enter the Sheng household registry.. So killing off ML is away to get what she wants.. Recognition for her Mom.. I'm also wondering has her husband Mom been questioning her about her Mom plack..  

29 minutes ago, Suzzy San said:

I just guessed it before that maybe the crime GTY would've committed was coming to the city while on official mission for ML.. I never thought it would actually happen.. Omg I hope this is getting interesting 

@Suzzy San  I'm thinking this also could be a plan from the very start to help pull ED out of power.. It's no way She and her family are not involved in the salt scandal and the high price of salt back then.. GTy could have taken himself out of the equatuon knowing that the info that was collected would directly in pact the ED who would go after him and his family to weaken the Emperor more.. GTY just happen to come along just in time to save wife and child from Aunt Kangs killing.. I hope they find out it was Molan that freed her and give her a good dose of medicine that she needed since childhood.. (preferrably a good spanking in front of her husband MIL and she can do no wrong father) 

43 minutes ago, leeza77 said:

The emperor is really poisoned by the consort. 

Hide contents

The new trailer shows that the emperor's rage towards gty for not reporting to him first, after coming back from his investigation of salt business. Emperor didn't even consider that if gty didn't come back on time to his manor, ml will be killed by kang auntie. Such an ungrateful man. Gty is his strongest supporter and the cleverest one. The one he can rely on, but he's listening to his evil consort. Guess, gty is demoted to ordinary soldier because of this. Very sad. A good loyal and talented supporter is treated like this by the emperor. 

Totally.

Spoiler

I guess they add other accusations since I read ml said my husband was framed. Here he did it, he wasn’t  framed.  

I know according to the supposed behaviorof a general, he made a punishable offense. However I agree with what he did.

if he is demoted  because he saved her, ml will go even more nuclear against their enemies.

Lin niang's maid still kept in the Sheng house is biggest writing fail for me. Didn't SH order all of Lin niang's servants to be sold out? How come she's still around to cause trouble. Moreover, Da niang will never keep anyone loyal to Lin niang in her house. The writers were getting out of ideas it seems. 

14 minutes ago, dito said:

Lin niang's maid still kept in the Sheng house is biggest writing fail for me. Didn't SH order all of Lin niang's servants to be sold out? How come she's still around to cause trouble. Moreover, Da niang will never keep anyone loyal to Lin niang in her house. The writers were getting out of ideas it seems. 

Sheng manor actually keep the servants from linniang courtyard. Supposed for a while (after molan's incident died down) and to be sold later. 

1 hour ago, leeza77 said:

Trailer

http://p.weibo.com/show/channerWbH5/1034:4336807878542148

http://p.weibo.com/show/channerWbH5/1034:4336804812546852

http://p.weibo.com/show/channerWbH5/1034:4336809023596460

Hide contents

Molan is the culprit who let go of auntie kang. she wants to revenge linniang's death. 

Ohhhhhhhhhh so much excitement!  So it seems like the Emperor was angry that GTY came home to save his wife from the fire and maniac who tried to kill her and the baby?  So he would have preferred GTY to first come to him and pay his respect while his house is being burned to the ground and the lives of his wife and son at peril??????? :rage:

I am so dissapointed with Molan.  I had hoped that she will turned a new leaf but nope.  She has to follow in her mom's footsteps.  Aie aie aie....no hope for her then.  I can only anticipate heavy downfall for her too!  

80979ba46cd04257a4c49d60c1784c19.jpg?x=b

Just stopping by after seeing the photos that @leeza77 so kindly shared of them together reunited that gave my heart a good squeeze and most of all showed us without even having to know the words one more side of Ming Lan.  Always so strong and in control of her feelings sometimes giving off this feel that she is somewhat cold and too calm and guarded. 

Yet her life proves that one cannot judge only by what you see for there is so much more within a person.  Whose unknown stories, suffering, kindness and caring are living within that life too.

Her love isn't loud for she isn't one to draw attention to herself unless forced to do so.  She weaves her love, passion and protection behind the scenes always seeming to be one step ahead of all others.   Guiding others while placing a seed of advice only to allow them in believing they found the answer.   Smart and yet humble, strong and yet fearful in knowing what can happen when there is no truth or justice to be found.

You could see and feel ML's passion and love for her Grandmother in the way her eyes glistened while realizing she had been poisoned.  The way in which she took control  of the situation but not in the usual way for her heart wasn't willing to hold anything back and she wouldn't have backed down even if it had meant another slap.  It's as if she was raising her cheek to her father and without words saying I'm not taking one step back...

Now these new pictures without even seeing this episode yet or knowing the words.  Still my heart is moved in seeing beyond what I know about her and in just this view all I see is simply a woman who must be so thankful to see her man.  Separation, fear, and longing and most of all relief in just having that one moment when nothing else matters as if the whole world is placed on pause and becomes silent and still.   For her total focus all she feels and sees is HIM...

What makes it a loving moment no matter the cost is that he too is caught up in that same moment where all he feels and sees is HER...

44 minutes ago, sava2sava said:

@matrim  With ML birthing sons even if GTy is exield and they are divorce ML and her children would never be safe from step mom because to her eldest son down to the last son are all in line to gain the marquis title.. Once all of them is dead can the evil step mom gains what she's been after all along...

@matrim  I believe it.. Molan is very jealous of ML and even after gaining all her dads attention as a child growing up in the Sheng house and marrying above her status.. Molan can't stand the fact that ML has gotten herself a title and shines brighter then she'll ever be.. Molan always saw herself in Ming Lan shoes wher all the nobles household women holds her in a very high position.. Even thou she married a Count her Count isn't no where near the Count Ming Lan has.. I think she kicking herself in the but because before her mom passed away she tried to get Molan to go after GTY which she refused because of his past.. Now her knowing that Ming Lan husband is a one womens man must be really infuriating her who husband got upteen concubines all bore him a son,, Now that Lil sister has bore the next Gu heir must really be upsetting her.. So yes even thou Aunt Kang did give her mom including herself a hard time.. I could see her using Aunt Kang to get back at Ml all because she won't allow CL plack to be placed in the monestary nor her enter the Sheng household registry.. So killing off ML is away to get what she wants.. Recognition for her Mom.. I'm also wondering has her husband Mom been questioning her about her Mom plack..  

@Suzzy San  I'm thinking this also could be a plan from the very start to help pull ED out of power.. It's no way She and her family are not involved in the salt scandal and the high price of salt back then.. GTy could have taken himself out of the equatuon knowing that the info that was collected would directly in pact the ED who would go after him and his family to weaken the Emperor more.. GTY just happen to come along just in time to save wife and child from Aunt Kangs killing.. I hope they find out it was Molan that freed her and give her a good dose of medicine that she needed since childhood.. (preferrably a good spanking in front of her husband MIL and she can do no wrong father) 

Molan married to the 6th son of a marquis.  He himself is not a marquis although from a noble family.  Whereas GTY has been granted the marquisade of the family since his elder brother died without heir.  I believe it was also a title granted to him by the emperor himself so it irked her no end.  A "Shu" daughter married above her social status, someone rich and someone who truly cared for her well being. Minglan has also been granted a title by the Emperor so it is like rubbing salt into her wound.  :kiss_wink:

38 minutes ago, dito said:

I think Sheng Hong originally wanted all Linniang's maid to be sold/beaten to death, but one of his guard stated that the courtyard will be empty and people will start talking about what happened (in regards to Molan). After that, SH decided to keep the maids and let them do labour work for a while and then sold them off once the situation dies down. Maybe that maid managed to run away while doing labour work.

The emperor is really poisoned by the consort. 

Reveal hidden contents

The new trailer shows that the emperor's rage towards gty for not reporting to him first, after coming back from his investigation of salt business. Emperor didn't even consider that if gty didn't come back on time to his manor, ml will be killed by kang auntie. Such an ungrateful man. Gty is his strongest supporter and the cleverest one. The one he can rely on, but he's listening to his evil consort. Guess, gty is demoted to ordinary soldier because of this. Very sad. A good loyal and talented supporter is treated like this by the emperor. 

From a behind-the-scene clip I draw a different conclusion.

Spoiler

The clip theme is about the props in the drama. One props master says the symbolism behind the wheat planted in the emperor's study. When ED is in control the wheat is small and green, a symbol representing the hope in emperor's heart. As the wheat grows, ED gradually loses her power and the last scene about the wheat is very illuminating. Standing in a mature wheat field, the emperor talks happily to GTY:"This can feed everyone. It's the most precious thing in the world." And a smiling GTY bowed in agreement. It's obvious that the emperor takes full control at last. I don't believe they can talk so happily and frankly if the emperor was tricked into punishing GTY. I do believe now that it's the emperor's plan which somewhat echoes the novel plot. :D  

2 hours ago, matrim said:

http://t.cn/EctV7qR?m=4336819493325118&u=5103645868

http://t.cn/EctZwXn?m=4336810887048264&u=5103645868

Hide contents

New trailers. Molan and CL's maid help Aunt Kang to escape and it implies that she even gives a dagger to Aunt Kang to murder ML! :rage: Really can't believe my eyes! What a snake...

Let me smack the Emperor. What an ungrateful git :rage:

And Molan - arrggggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhh you evil b**ch......She should have been soundly smacked like the Chao concubine.  Like mom like daughter.  

5 hours ago, matrim said:

. And as she is not Marquis Gu's wife any more, ML would be safe from GTY stepmom.  

Silent lurker here again:  Why are you guys talking about ML is no longer Gu's wife? Are you talking about the stepmom? I didn't think ML and GTY did an amiable separation.  Please clarify, because I am so confused.

He is the head guard left by gty to guard ml. He appeared before accompanying ml when she went to her farmstead given by grandma. 

Yup, one look at his fierce face is enough to make sure that no one bullies our Madame Marquis :smiley:

5 minutes ago, tarjig said:

Silent lurker here again:  Why are you guys talking about ML is no longer Gu's wife? Are you talking about the stepmom? I didn't think ML and GTY did an amiable separation.  Please clarify, because I am so confused.

In one of the trailers GTY is in prison and asking ML for amicable separation. We think that ED framed him and he was about to get punished so GTY was trying to make ML leave him so as to avoid the brunt of his downfall. 

But we are all hoping that the emperor and GTY have planned all this to force ED to make her move so that they can take her down.

Archived