[Mainland Chinese Drama 2018] The Story of Ming Lan 庶女明兰传 / 知否?知否?应是绿肥红瘦

Lynne

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, thelonetraveller_18 said:

With all due respect, I beg to differ with you on this. QH is certainly a clown in this case. 

A man man that understand the value and honour of being a gentlemen will certainly not allow himself to raise above the ranks through the blatant favourtism of the Empress Dowager. He accepted the rank even without the approval of the emperor. Why would someone with honor does that. 

The empress dowager had insisted on hearing the matters of the court and had overstayed her welcome. The new emperor is neither a lousy Nor weak one in addition to him Saving the lives of the former emperor and the emperor dowager. The emperor had wanted reforms to improve the lives of the people especially when it is highlighted that the former emperor benevolent policies had brought on sufferings to the people. The ED had insisted on continuation of the existing policies, how is she a capable person politically.  There is no reason and it is not right for the ED to be in court at that period. Where’s QH doing his job. No; he kept quiet because he had allied himself with the ED. Where’s the value and honor of a gentlemen there where they are supposed to be loyal to the emperor and the country. 

Besides QH had criticised the emperor disregarding the law. The ED also disregarded the law by holding on to the seal previously until GTY hatched the plan to get it back. Where’s QH in that case. Why practice blatant double standards towards the ED and the emperor. QH is certainly no gentlemen. All I see is a double standard clown who needs his Father in law to rescue his career, and whose Daughter he had disregarded by telling ML he missed her day and night. 

I am not trying to be harsh here. QH has his merits but being a gentlemen, I can’t convince myself to think he’s one. 

PREACH! Let's call a spade a spade. QH actions as of late are despicable. People who have been painting him as some angel, and won't admit his wrongs are becoming so annoying. 

28 minutes ago, UnniSarah said:

OmG!!!! Viki hasn’t subbed episode 55 and 56 . What is going on??? :tears::bawling:

The Mei Daxia team posted on the Minglan site on Viki that they will be celebrating The Chinese New Year. These are volunteers and they are not obligated to work, for free to cater to others, especially during a holiday. Many people celebrate the Chinese New Year and that should be respected. Mei Daxia has worked incredibly hard over the past months getting episodes out and subbed. Give them an opportunity to enjoy their holiday with their friends and families. 

1 hour ago, minglan1 said:

Stepmom was so elated to hearGTY had a fight with ML and was sleeping seperately.All she could think was he needed a pretty concubine to ride over the issue.

Poor stepmom is in for several shocks because she has no clue about how GTY operates.

He finally got his wife to fuss over him and display a range of emotions over his condition.The price of 20 whippings was nothing.

He is as formidable as ML maybe even more if he can keep his temper in check.

Previously ML was irritated with QH but now she must be whopping mad for getting her precious husband punished. He better not meet ML again.Chopsticks, sword,bamboo stick anything can greet him.

He sure looked mighty pleased with himself since ML come to him first after their argument. In fact, he looked so happy for someone who was punished and whipped cuz now the wifey is fussing and shedding a tear for him! :rolleyes:

And the other woman made another appearance! Using the opportunity to try and get close to him...only to be sent away within 3 seconds.:lol:

8 hours ago, m0us3y said:

He sure looked mighty pleased with himself since ML come to him first after their argument. In fact, he looked so happy for someone who was punished and whipped cuz now the wifey is fussing and shedding a tear for him! :rolleyes:

And the other woman made another appearance! Using the opportunity to try and get close to him...only to be sent away within 3 seconds.:lol:

I liked how they resolved their argument.ML will not fawn over unnecessary matters.When things happen genuinely she will let her emotions flow. They called truce over feeling each other's pain.How apt.They got closer in the 1st place while witnessing the other's pain first hand.

10 hours ago, fancia said:

From what I see from the preview, I think she died that's why it become so much chaotic even involving the Emperor and Empress because that spoilt concubine is using concubine Lin's tactics by holding the doctor who come to save the main wife. 

10 hours ago, fancia said:

Ohh that's good then, because I saw that main wife cried out and the one who help her delivery said that she is bleeding too much and the husband fall down to the floor crying...so I thought she will be gone. Though, that spoilt concubine will be punished surely.

That spoilt concubine and her family are idiots if they think they can pull something like that and get away with it when the Shen Da Niang is the cherished only daughter of Duke Ying, a powerful military family. Concubine Lin was lucky because ML’s mom didn’t come from a prestigious background so there was no one that could really do anything about it. It looked like in the previews there may be severe punishment coming for the Concubine. Was the husband being stupid and trying to protect her? 

I really like the friendship between GTY/ML and the Shen couple. They’re very compatible as friends. Only issue is General Shen being stuck on his Concubine/sister-in-law due to his previous love towards his dead wife (kinda like old Marquis Gu and stepmom—gross to me, it’s like marrying your own kid sister). 

1 hour ago, hello210 said:

That spoilt concubine and her family are idiots if they think they can pull something like that and get away with it when the Shen Da Niang is the cherished only daughter of Duke Ying, a powerful military family. Concubine Lin was lucky because ML’s mom didn’t come from a prestigious background so there was no one that could really do anything about it. It looked like in the previews there may be severe punishment coming for the Concubine. Was the husband being stupid and trying to protect her? 

I really like the friendship between GTY/ML and the Shen couple. They’re very compatible as friends. Only issue is General Shen being stuck on his Concubine/sister-in-law due to his previous love towards his dead wife (kinda like old Marquis Gu and stepmom—gross to me, it’s like marrying your own kid sister). 

Yeah, I think the husband, the Emperor and Empress was trying to protect her (lessen her punishment) in a way because of their guilt; that's why it becomes a problem in the palace too; In a gist, Prime Minister HanQi has to advice the Emperor saying that the empress owed to the concubine family is her personal feeling/problem but the General Shen owed to Duke Ying is country problem.

Yeah, they married her wife's sister to General Shen, mostly because they feel guilty to her family, so in a way they still want to take responsibility to take care of the first dead wife family. Not like General Shen has felt any real love to that concubine.

2 minutes ago, fancia said:

Yeah, I think the husband, the Emperor and Empress was trying to protect her (lessen her punishment) in a way because of their guilt; that's why it becomes a problem in the palace too; In a gist, Prime Minister HanQi has to advice the Emperor saying that the empress owed to the concubine family is her personal feeling/problem but the General Shen owed to Duke Ying is country problem.

Yeah, they married her wife's sister to General Shen, mostly because they feel guilty to her family, so in a way they still want to take responsibility to take care of the first dead wife family. Not like General Shen has felt any real love to that concubine.

Sh punish the concubine severally...she's really an evil person. Very brave and foolish of her to sabotage the delivery of madam zhang like that. 

People say "Opposites attract", which I think explains why QH and ML were attracted to each other. 

But in long run, it's the similarities and commonality in beliefs and principles that bring 2 people together. That's the case with ML - GTY. 

Previously, ML told GTY that he should plan ahead for Rong'er. As a result, he admired and was attracted to her. 

Later, GTY told ML "with all things, always look forward", and ML picked herself up from her fall and soldier on. 

Before anything else, they learn and grow from each other. 

ML's maturity and wisdom is rather impressive. 

The way she spoke to Mdm Zhang to take her out of her rut...

Fate played its role, and now it's up to her to make the most out of it. 

That things aren't always clear now, but walk on, and whether it's a happy or sad path, time will tell. 

It also takes a lot of maturity, and a level of empathy to acknowledge the pain of others, and acknowledged that she will never understand the unimaginable situation of the granny's nanny environment when she was growing up. 

It gives them room to actually step into another person's shoes and see things from their perspectives. 

ML was able to emphatise with GTY and Rong'er, despite what his reputation says. She did that with Madam Zhang, and she did the same with QH's wife. From previews, she also emphatize with the woman that Aunt Kang pushed to her house for GTY. 

GTY has always been able to emphatise and understand ML as well. 

In an era where everyone is labelled, and judged based not on what a person has done or achieved but purely by their privileged status or the lack of, they both have the ability to independently judge a person and his/her character, free from bias, from labels, from reputation, from what others say.

That makes them admirable as a person, and to each other. 

10 hours ago, sava2sava said:

@mingminglanlan  So was the concubine holding the Dr hostage to keep him from saving them both.. Wait did all of this take place in the palace? Ml weilding a sword in the palace wow you go girl.. She don't give a darn..

Not in the palace i don't think, in the Zhang's house which is really big bcause Lord Zhang is the brother of the emperor or some other very important relative,

53 minutes ago, leeza77 said:

Sh punish the concubine severally...she's really an evil person. Very brave and foolish of her to sabotage the delivery of madam zhang like that. 

Brazen, foolish, greedy, over stepping her place. She's a conniving snake who deserves punishment of death for even trying to kill an innocent baby. 

1 hour ago, fancia said:

No, General Shen doesn’t love the Concubine but he did love his dead wife. His dead wife also sacrificed herself for his sister, the current Empress. His love and guilt had previously kept him from getting to know Lady Zhang, his current wife, who is actually more similar in personality to his previous wife then he thought. The concubine reminds me of Aunt Kang and Stepmom, spoiled by their maternal families so they think they can do whatever they want. Even worse, she makes herself more public because she’s able to play on the guilt of the Empress and Emperor. No concubine goes out to banquets and events like that, only main wives.

If she doesn’t get beat or inprisoned, she better at least get permanent exile.:angry:

2 minutes ago, hello210 said:

No, General Shen doesn’t love the Concubine but he did love his dead wife. His dead wife also sacrificed herself for his sister, the current Empress. His love and guilt had previously kept him from getting to know Lady Zhang, his current wife, who is actually more similar in personality to his previous wife then he thought. The concubine reminds me of Aunt Kang and Stepmom, spoiled by their maternal families so they think they can do whatever they want. Even worse, she makes herself more public because she’s able to play on the guilt of the Empress and Emperor. No concubine goes out to banquets and events like that, only main wives.

If she doesn’t get beat or inprisoned, she better at least get permanent exile.:angry:

Sh be divorced and sent to a village where manniang lives with warning not to step out of the village for the rest if her life.. Live miserably. 

19 minutes ago, mingminglanlan said:

Not in the palace i don't think, in the Zhang's house which is really big bcause Lord Zhang is the brother of the emperor or some other very important relative,

He’s the Empress’s younger brother so he’s the Royal Uncle. Their Fu is big and the doctor was held in the Concubine’s courtyard. Brings back memories for ML so they picked on the wrong Mama bear by lying to her and arguing with her. Loved her with that sword and commanding those servants in the preview.

Ty's stepmom saying there's no such thing as a husband & wife being as one body but the irony is that ML & TY are two souls/one body together always. She underestimates them all the time. Her pettiness makes her a nearsighted dolt & that's why she loses everytime she plants her childish schemes. :P

The hug fight is funny. The argument perfectly illustrates how both are currently feeling. It's good to see them talk it out. There's truth in what ML say about men change in hearts & disposing their wives for other women & how if she was in that situation, she wouldnt be able to do anything about it. The thought of TY doing that really hurts her. TY needs to explicitly tell her he wouldnt do that to her since she doesnt realize it. More misunderstanding :sweatingbullets:.

ML & Danju scene is so bittersweet. ML is so thoughtful sending her off to a good person but Danju teary/not wanting to leave tugs my heartstrings.

XT & Shitou are cute. TY not paying any attention to the concubine like a walking nuisance. :rolleyes:

14 minutes ago, leeza77 said:

Ha ha.. She has proved that she's really has a domineering attitude. She protects whom she loves. She's loyal, fearless, calm in the moment if crisis.. She's tigress. Whoever befriends her are very lucky. 

GTY's habits have rubbed on her.She openly displays her emotions now when she is furious.

Archived