[Mainland Chinese Drama 2018] The Story of Ming Lan 庶女明兰传 / 知否?知否?应是绿肥红瘦

Lynne

41 minutes ago, dito said:

Lol yes and then the next day Cui mama was so worried about the baby that she called the doctor to check on ML. They were so embarrassed to explain why they were asking for checkup again when its been only few weeks since last one. 

Where did you find the link to read this? I could only find up to chapter 33. 

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@lxands That's what I'm talking about. QH clearly was not the suitable match for ML, he is too ideal and naive to handle the situation. QH has made many mistakes during the way but not taking GTY's suggestion was the one thing he did right. He shouldn't be blamed for that and GTY shouldn't keep bringing it back in front of him.

8 minutes ago, Sirry Usly said:

I read the book when there were only 20 chapters and the rest with google translate. It was a long time back, even before the drama was announced. I'm reading it again now to follow along with the drama.

3 hours ago, leeza77 said:

TSOM extend the airing from 73 episodes to 79... a good news:D

Wahh..thats a good news then, my mind at ease already for now, since I've been thinking lately if they can still cover all the unsolved probs..since there are only few eps left...its really a great news yeyyy...:smiley:and I will be a lonely soul again after TSoM will come to an end...nothing to watch anymore:anguished:

15 minutes ago, linhlinh111 said:

@lxands That's what I'm talking about. QH clearly was not the suitable match for ML, he is too ideal and naive to handle the situation. QH has made many mistakes during the way but not taking GTY's suggestion was the one thing he did right. He shouldn't be blamed for that and GTY shouldn't keep bringing it back in front of him.

I mean he cant be blamed for not taking GTY's extreme plan but he can be blamed for not fighting until the ending for what he believe's in and want's. 

When ever i see QH now im just wishing he disappears already watching some stupid clown is annoying, know's nothing about politics yet always at the front speaking to the emperor its quite embarrassing. 

9 minutes ago, heatherbee said:

Wahh..thats a good news then, my mind at ease already for now, since I've been thinking lately if they can still cover all the unsolved probs..since there are only few eps left...its really a great news yeyyy...:smiley:and I will be a lonely soul again after TSoM will come to an end...nothing to watch anymore:anguished:

There will always be new good drama's from china so dont worry haha.

8 hours ago, leeza77 said:

In the novel, ml still serve gty even during her pregnancy and  gty remarked that ml's bulging stomach was cute.. B)

@leeza77  So this means GTY may have learned from MN that the wife could still serve the hhusband during pregnancy..

7 hours ago, m0us3y said:

I think most of the time it's the male/husband that doesn't want to sleep with the pregnant wife because it's more troublesome and they are deemed to be not sexy. 

But in the era where it's all the women's issue, obviously this is the women's problem so they still need to find another woman to take care of the husband's needs. 

Seems like GTY pines for the wifey more than anything so clearly the pregnancy isn't exactly a problem for him. :lol::wub:

@m0us3y GTY just a freak, He don't want anyone but his wife pregant snatch and all.. But this goes to show how much he respects his wife and loves her.. Another point to look at is GTY having concubines could bring nothing but trouble and seeing first hand how her dad concubine tramitized her life he decided this long ago before he married her was never to have another women besides her.. Now I can understand if she takes in Auntie Kang Shu daughter..But if she feels she must do this, This Shu daughter is the wrong one to bring into the house,, Between Step Mom and Auntie Kamg they would have the girl trying to kill her and any of GTY children.. Any concubine connected to any of them are the wrong ones to bring into her hime period..  

So Step Mom has found out ML is pregnant so get Auntie Kang involved now.. Step Mom plan is for ML to loose that baby before she even have it.. Also maybe even pay off a doctor to keep any women connected to GTY having babies..

6 hours ago, m0us3y said:

He didn't actually want to marry the Zhang family though. It was a political marriage, which he was pushed into.

And Zhao , he just felt indebted to her whole family due to the wife's sacrifice, guilty conscience. 

In the end, I actually felt sorry for all 3 of them...

She's a Brat and used to having her way and wants all the attention focus on her, No different then Molan who snatch all of SH tine fearing that he would love his other daughters more then her.. Molan and CL never allowed SH to really get to know ML or RL:.. With the brat she's trying to break all the rules.. Especially the one were the concubines can't be seen out in public with there husbands..

6 hours ago, UnniSarah said:

What is GTY’s brother up to????

@UnniSarah  I also wanted to know what he was up to but whatever it was it had something to do with his evil mom having him to go find out.. I think they wanted to know why GTY got punished by the ED.. Step Mom may be afraid that he'll do something and get the whole clan in trouble.. Look at how he saved her son and she turned right around and stab him in the back with all that MN mess fanning the fire why she thinks up her next scheme.. ML needs to step up her game.. She needs to be three step ahead of step mom to keep her plans backfiring and taking her out once and for all.

6 hours ago, UnniSarah said:

Does anyone remember which episode was this? It is the scene when ML caught RL with her future husband. 

It was in 39 or 40 right before ML wedding.

6 hours ago, historicalfictionftw said:
15 hours ago, sava2sava said:

Well said smart girl.. But @frenchfan It do look like she goes back and tells ML whats beig said at Big Mdms house.. Also is Evil Step Mom still trying to pressure her mom into adopted the 3rd brothers kid?

Which episode does this happen, I feel like I missed that part.

@historicalfictionftw  This episode hasn;t been shown yet bit it is when the brothers daughter tells her mom to mind her own business.. I think it happens in ep 60 or 61.. Step Mom sent someone out on another attack against GTY and ML.. Using her barrowed knives like she's the innocent person she is having the cjild reciting from some book to her..       

5 minutes ago, linhlinh111 said:

I think the reason GTY keeps bringing it up is because he himself is the kind of person who would give it all in his efforts to get the girl he likes. Or even in anything else he wants to achieve in life. For him QH not willing to take a risk for his love is proof that QH will most likely never prioritize ML over others. And just to be clear GTY is not dumb enough to actually kidnap a girl from the family of soon-to-be-crown prince. His suggestion was outrageous, no doubt, but I'll give him enough credit to think that if QH had agreed he'd have come up with a proper plan. Easiest solution.....go to the emperor and reveal everything. At least the threat on Qi papa would be gone.

Spoiler

In the book Emperor did find out after it was all done and over with and he was furious....unfortunately he couldn't punish Prince Yong....as he was about to make him his heir. A crown prince involved in a matter of kidnapping and rape of a girl from another prince's household.... he'd become a laughingstock. 

17 minutes ago, ForgottenSoulx said:

Im just saying if GTY step mum does not get killed after all this ill be incredibly annoyed with the writers, would not mind if QH accidentally slips either.

@ForgottenSoulx  QH pettiness is something one can overlook even though can be quite annoying but one could look pasy him.. For he is the ED pawn in all this.. 

Now step mom no need for her to die she needs to suffer misearably, Just knowing her Son dies is enough for me this is her karna.. I think ML needs to start planning things to get her righthand servant away from her this will help rip that mask off her face.. I say kill her flunky and this will slow down the process her evilness.. They don't even have to kill her just torcher her, She's smart enough to know that Big Mdm will get rid of her when she becomes of no use..

Thanks @Lunkera , I figured this would be how they write the story in of Aunt hurt Granny.. I knew once Big Mdm found out what her sister did she was going to get the backlash from Granny who seem to have told her to get the concubine out of ML house and get rid of her sister.. Seems like Big Mdm is trying to defend her sister but granny not having any of it.. 

So did the Brat kill off the wife during child birth.. ML is just teed all around..

1 hour ago, Sirry Usly said:

Wee. Finally caught up to the sub episodes & this forum.. Although, probably while writing this I  won’t be anymore! :lol:

A while back I think somebody put this link out to read the translations of the novel. They are up to 35, and they update regularly. 

https://www.flying-lines.com/novel/the-legend-of-the-concubine-s-daughter-minglan

Love the analysis keep it up guys! :w00t:

5 hours ago, leeza77 said:
P1: ml jealous.. Gty happy. Ml:'i' m not virtuous'. 

P2: Gty was sleeping. Ml sat beside him and staring at him, then softly touch gty's forehead.. It's love. 

P3: ml pregnant. Gty is too happy and treat her carefully. Asking her to rest and the food that she likes to eat.. Gty is on mother hen mood. 
  • 8c39a08dly1fzpfv343ftj20u00g9ab4.jpg
  • 8c39a08dly1fzpfv4orfej20u00gvgml.jpg
  • 8c39a08dly1fzpfv6n0z8j20m818qgp2.jpg

Drama god rewarding my patience :bawling:

35 minutes ago, Lunkera said:

59 & 60 Director's cut look really interesting. Minglan pissed. Minglan using a sword :D 

Hide contents

Yessss.. The fierce ML has made a comeback.. Looks like they are also trying to kill the Madam zhang's baby.. Hahjajajajjwjajaj.. ML let them know 

1 minute ago, leeza77 said:

I'm so excited for this.. Omo it's about to get down to the game.. ML with that sword is a sight I wish to see every day 

18 minutes ago, nrbrown said:

Wee. Finally caught up to the sub episodes & this forum.. Although, probably while writing this I  won’t be anymore! :lol:

A while back I think somebody put this link out to read the translations of the novel. They are up to 35, and they update regularly. 

https://www.flying-lines.com/novel/the-legend-of-the-concubine-s-daughter-minglan

Love the analysis keep it up guys! :w00t:

Thank you so much!!! 

1 hour ago, ForgottenSoulx said:

There will always be new good drama's from china so dont worry haha.

I only watch ZLY's drama though, tried watching others but ended up dropping them all, I even dropped ashes of love,maybe I'll try watching NIF since a lot are saying its a good show

Archived