[Mainland Chinese Drama 2018] The Story of Ming Lan 庶女明兰传 / 知否?知否?应是绿肥红瘦

Lynne

31 minutes ago, Lunkera said:

@frenchfan Xian'er and Rong'er seems to get along fine as cousins. From seeing their discussions with ML, ML likes them both very much. Luckily our heroine is better in this aspect than in the novel. From what i've heard she seemed more awkward around Rong'er. I can't really see any of it in the drama :D 

She is a good role model for the girls training them to one day be able to lead their own household.  Good skills.  Xian'Er could see that she is a good person which is why she lied to her grandma when asked if her 2nd uncle (GTY) was there when she was at their house learning some lessons from ML.  Bravo Xian'Er.  :kiss_wink: 

• Like 6

Omg GTY has gone for battle at ep 58,after MLan's pregnancy announcement.. Omg I'm so anxious for what's to come.. And while he was departing from the palace, she came to see him off and was crying.. Sad days ahead.. The husband is out, the gossipers are here to work.. Omg noooooooo, ML let's be save 

• Like 6

4 hours ago, frenchfan said:

Then not to mention that wicked evil stepmom and Auntie Kang.  Getting Chao mama (GTY old nanny) to come look after ML was a great move.  She managed to insult and cursed Auntie Kang and indirectly stepmom LOL :joy:  I kept playing th epart when she fall flat on her face.......EPIC!

@frenchfan  It was EPIC.. Chao MoMo, Read both them bishes they rights and told Auntie where she can't get off at.. Aunt got so mad she called for servants to come punish MoMo, MoMo look at her like Hoe who the F you think you is bish you don't run nothing here.. The servants around here rather walk through hell with gasoline underware on them mess with me this is the Gu house.  Aunt was so speecheless her and Big Mdm was lost for words.. Aunt was so mad because no nanny or servant ever talk to her that way she jump up to whoop MoMo herself and fell dead on her face.. See The Gods Don't Like Ugly And They Not Crazy About Cute (Step Mom Your Turn Next) Step Mom already knows don't F with MoMo even GTY on Father knew that much.. Oh it was Hilarious

• Like 3
  • LOL 3
  • Love 1

16 hours ago, UnniSarah said:

GTY knows his wife doesn’t really understand love why does he have to be impatient. I wonder is there a reason he is rushing it. Is there something we the viewers don’t know about? I recall him telling ML that thing will be getting bumpy soon. When he said that , I assumed he was up to something with the Prince. 

Chingu’s isn’t it funny GTY and  the Prince have the same personality . They are really close, GTY who is just as impulsive is always stopping him from making the wrong choices. I think GTY chooses to make enemies to protect the people he cares about or very good to him. I think the Prince , the Emperor , his soldiers, ML , Shitou and Shitou are his Family. I think they have already started their strategy that will help the Emperor.  

What do you guys think???

What is GTY’s brother up to????

I dont think it's about being impatient/rushing. It's how TY express his way/ views of love. He never had loving childhood w/his father or siblings, so he allows himself to feel vulnerable & open to love more explicitly. That's why he was so easily duped by MN & bear two kids because he wants to experience love like a family. When he realized that MN just wanted money/title from TY instead of real love, it devastated him. She stole/pawn valuables that belonged to his mother, which upsetted him even more. With ML, he's really open/forward w/his affection too because she's his partner/wife, so he doesnt understand yet why ML keeps deflecting w/ the current state/tension in their marriage. 

With ML's upbringing & childhood, she doesnt quite have a grasp on what love is. She's a realist but she also romaticize the idea of love w/QH because in her eyes, he's a virtuous/virginal man. She didnt want to be w/ a man who's been w/so many woman/brothels, such as her father or TY at the beginning. But she also doesn't allow herself to feel open/vulnerable to love either when she said she didnt want to set herself up for disappointment in her marriage w/TY. But TY isnt his former/past self, & ML has yet to realized she's the only woman he wants to spend his life with. Hence, TY gets riled up everytime those concubines enters their home like fleas.

• Like 4
  • Insightful 3

GTY was so funny when he heard she was sick after their fight and was about to rush there then he thought 'oh we are fighting, I can't be the first to end this, hahaha.. How he became composed and cool again was so funny.. Step mom thought this is an opportunity to separate them without knowing that this strengthens them more 

• Like 6
  • LOL 3

5 hours ago, linhlinh111 said:

Emperor Yingzong's empress consort was Empress Gao, a niece of Empress Dowager Cao who was the widow of Emperor Renzong. As Emperor Yingzong was severely sickly shortly after his coronation, Empress Dowager Cao served as his regent. However, Empress Dowager Cao held onto power even when Yingzong recovered until the Prime Minister Han Qi removed the screen from the audience hall making it impossible for Empress Dowager Cao to attend. She was forced to give power back to Yingzong.

@linhlinh111  Thanks for this bit of news.. I know the book is more controversy  then the drama it self.. But this would be a nice way to kick the ED out of court and shut QH up once and for all.. I have in this forum that GTY do have a downfall from grace as we all know those things happens one can;t ride high all the time doing the Emperors dirty work. But if we have to see his ending atleast let it be with him ending the dowager,, He's the only one in the court thats on the king side with guts enough to do it..

4 hours ago, frenchfan said:

I like Xian'Er a lot.  Such a clever little girl despite growing up in the same house as her step-grandmum.  Her mum however is not very bright.  Nice but not overly bright.  Luckily, Xian'Er listened to her dad's last word not to interfere and to live their own life.   

@frenchfan I;m also liking the Lil girl holding to her fathers words and besides she didn;t have to get up top go look MoMo left there talking loud sht for all to her even the fourth and fifth house could have heard her because she wasn't whispoering nor bitting her tongue with what she has to say.. She also had to rip Step Mom mask off.. I bet she told Aunt who money they really living off of.. Because not for her Mdm the Gu house would have been gone long time ago.. Don't get it twisted.. She knows who is the real owner of the Gu house.. Off to watch that again I;'m cracking up just thinking about MoMo..

2 hours ago, Suzzy San said:

QH: late emperor is his majesty’s adoptive father, hence should address as 皇考 “my late father”, prince Shu is late emperor’s elder first cousin, his majesty can address him as 皇伯 “ emperor uncle” [HOLY MOLY!!! who would call your own bio father ‘uncle’ ??? ML is so fortunate that she didn’t marry this vacuum-head!!! at least air-head has air, this idiot has nothing in his empty skull ]
GTY: prince Shu is his majesty’s bio father, young lord Qi suggests his majesty address his own father as “uncle”, is there such a precedent?
QH: the supreme one leads, his majesty has taken over the imperial clan and rules the world, he cannot overshadow late emperor, how can he forsake the significant one and care for the small. (turning to GTY) Count Gu, this is making his majesty dishonourable
GTY: biological parents are gracious, adoptive parents are honourable. if his majesty is bias, then his majesty is dishonourable, right?
Dowager: shut up! guards, drag this “scoundrel” out and beat 20 times
[i used “scoundrel” bc i was shocked & disappointed with screenwriter who wrote this totally unrefine line to be uttered by dowager 無君無父的混帳 literally calling him a b- -t- -d …i’m pretty sure Chinese netizens are pulling the roof down

@Suzzy San  This puts me in the remind of the Korean drama Yi San.. His father was the crown prince.. Framed for rebellion and being at that time Yi San was the only male G/son to take his fathers place.. Instead of his G/father killing him like his dad his G/father listed him under his dead uncle and named him the crown prince.. Still taking his rightful place inheriting the throne after his father it just happen sooner.. Yi San argued with his G/father about who is father was.. Each time it was ask to him who his father was he would tell them Crown Prince Sado..  

But yes I can imagine what's going on in the heads of the Chinese thats watching this drama right along with the rest of us.. It's time they kick the dowager out this was a ridiculous beating..  The courts is for open debate regarding certain issues.. I see she's flexing her power for no reason at all she did that just to get back at GTY getting that seal from her and also trying to weaken the Emperors power..  GTy had a valid point.. This issues should have also been discussed amongst the scholars in school..

1 hour ago, zenya22 said:

Question for all who have viewed the all episodes, what about Molan, does she get some kind of retribution? Is she still married to the 6th son of the Count of Wu? 

@zenya22  IOf course Molan got just what she wish for.. She ha a husband that has a house full of concubines having male decendants all but her.. Her own personal maid becoming her husbands concubine and maybe pregnant by her husnand by now.. Also ML telling her under no circumstance would her mom tablet be entered into the temple nor would her mom be listed into the Sheng Clan if dad tries anything funny she'll take the evidence and witness to the precint tio have her mom tried for murder.. Also in the mean time her husband found out he was schemed into marrying her.. So my guess is this is why he'll get back at her through her personal maid.. Her life is the hell she choose.. She's living in hell and her mom is burning in hell Molan is getting all her mom bad deeds..    

• Like 6

4 hours ago, linhlinh111 said:

Not everyone is playing the game of thrones. In feudal times, it is very important to a man of honor to protect the law and not waiver in front of power. However evil the ED is, the Emperor is openly breaking the law, so he is bound to be criticized, or else why all the Yu shis are opposing him? So you are saying standing by the law and opposing wrongdoings is an act of a clown? Of course those who are good at political games usually win, but there are those who's standing there not bc of the politics. The ED is an evil power-clinging richard simmons, but the emperor decided to fight back with an equal underhanded method, then exiling everyone for opposing him.

You think he is a clown bc you don't seem to understand the value and honor of a gentleman in ancient period.

With all due respect, I beg to differ with you on this. QH is certainly a clown in this case. 

A man man that understand the value and honour of being a gentlemen will certainly not allow himself to raise above the ranks through the blatant favourtism of the Empress Dowager. He accepted the rank even without the approval of the emperor. Why would someone with honor does that. 

The empress dowager had insisted on hearing the matters of the court and had overstayed her welcome. The new emperor is neither a lousy Nor weak one in addition to him Saving the lives of the former emperor and the emperor dowager. The emperor had wanted reforms to improve the lives of the people especially when it is highlighted that the former emperor benevolent policies had brought on sufferings to the people. The ED had insisted on continuation of the existing policies, how is she a capable person politically.  There is no reason and it is not right for the ED to be in court at that period. Where’s QH doing his job. No; he kept quiet because he had allied himself with the ED. Where’s the value and honor of a gentlemen there where they are supposed to be loyal to the emperor and the country. 

Besides QH had criticised the emperor disregarding the law. The ED also disregarded the law by holding on to the seal previously until GTY hatched the plan to get it back. Where’s QH in that case. Why practice blatant double standards towards the ED and the emperor. QH is certainly no gentlemen. All I see is a double standard clown who needs his Father in law to rescue his career, and whose Daughter he had disregarded by telling ML he missed her day and night. 

I am not trying to be harsh here. QH has his merits but being a gentlemen, I can’t convince myself to think he’s one. 

• Like 19

Stepmom was so elated to hearGTY had a fight with ML and was sleeping seperately.All she could think was he needed a pretty concubine to ride over the issue.

Poor stepmom is in for several shocks because she has no clue about how GTY operates.

He finally got his wife to fuss over him and display a range of emotions over his condition.The price of 20 whippings was nothing.

He is as formidable as ML maybe even more if he can keep his temper in check.

Previously ML was irritated with QH but now she must be whopping mad for getting her precious husband punished. He better not meet ML again.Chopsticks, sword,bamboo stick anything can greet him.

• Like 4
  • LOL 15

16 minutes ago, greenwatch08 said:

TSoML is extended to 79 ep? What does this mean? I'm not familiar w/c-dramas production/series run.

Does that mean new materials is added or episodes that's already filmed will be aired along with the current run?

@greenwatch08  It means more episodes will be added extending the run time from episode 73 to 79 which adds 6 more episode.. In other words more plots to add to the story..

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I don't think they'll add new content to create more episodes.
They will just repeat a lot of the last episode in the beginning of a new episode of the TV version to milk the high ratings.
The uncut version remains the same. 

• Like 4
  • LOL 3
  • Thanks 1