[Mainland Chinese Drama 2018] The Story of Ming Lan 庶女明兰传 / 知否?知否?应是绿肥红瘦

Lynne

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, hell59 said:

I can't bear to watch any of the new episodes! It looks so bad for our OTP. Is this another C-drama which will end up badly?

This is a happy ending drama. No worries 

3 minutes ago, Sirry Usly said:

Also another question, so did Molan's servant not end up being her husbands concubine because she's always with Molan...I'm really confused. 

In one of the episode, the husband seem to like the maid. So, eventually it will happen. I guess

41 minutes ago, shihuangdi said:

. I thought the maid became Sixth Liang's concubine after what happened, is that the same maid that still serve Molan now?

I think the 6th Liang did not promise to make her a concubine but said he "will make her his woman" which I think is happening already the way they give each other secret glances. 

13 minutes ago, zenya22 said:

I think the 6th Liang did not promise to make her a concubine but said he "will make her his woman" which I think is happening already the way they give each other secret glances. 

I feel like I missed this. In what episode do they give each other secret glances? 

I was hoping SH would man up after ML confronted him over the chess board. But he's still acting as cowardly as ever.

So it must be Changbai thats standing behind her in that painting in the closing credits when she rings the gong..

32 minutes ago, Sirry Usly said:

I feel like I missed this. In what episode do they give each other secret glances? 

the episode when the maid reported to Molan what happened at the Gu Manor, and then Molan said the husband has come home and the maid left Molan and Molan was looking out the window while the maid and the husband were crossing at each other's way in the courtyard and 6th liang glanced at the maid with a smirk in his face and the maid with a bit of a smile in  her face as if they were sharing some secret. Maybe it is just my interpretation, but with the 6th Liang can't help but have a dirty mind interpretation with his glances 

4 minutes ago, zenya22 said:

the episode when the maid reported to Molan what happened at the Gu Manor, and then Molan said the husband has come home and the maid left Molan and Molan was looking out the window while the maid and the husband were crossing at each other's way in the courtyard and 6th liang glanced at the maid with a smirk in his face and the maid with a bit of a smile in  her face as if they were sharing some secret. Maybe it is just my interpretation, but with the 6th Liang can't help but have a dirty mind interpretation with his glances 

Actually, he just like tell her she will be either in trouble or will maybe brle favored if she tell him about Molan or not.. He definitely was just trying to get things from her.. It's nothing much.. And the linninag maid was not given much importance and sent to hard labor that's why she could serve the prisoner Kang aunt and as such was able to meet Molan to bicker when she came to Sheng house.. 

10 minutes ago, Suzzy San said:

maybe brle favored if

maybe favored, means what favor in the language of powerful men? Favored in exchange for what? Molan would not set her free (as in give back her slave contract or burn it) so she can go home to marry the man the family selected for her and the 6th liang knew this. He took advantage and said that she would not get anything from Molan but if she gave him the information he was asking for that she in return will be favored by him as he attempted to caress her face. She gave him the information and in return he would have to favor her would he not??   

3 minutes ago, zenya22 said:

maybe favored, means what favor in the language of powerful men? Favored in exchange for what? Molan would not set her free (as in give back her slave contract or burn it) so she can go home to marry the man the family selected for her and the 6th liang knew this. He took advantage and said that she would not get anything from Molan but if she gave him the information he was asking for that she in return will be favored by him as he attempted to caress her face. She gave him the information and in return he would have to favor her would he not??   

Considering the husband, he just tricked her to think they will have an affair together, but he just forget about her after the information, or they might be having the affair but it's not been shown.. Either way, the maid is still with stupid Molan either pretending to serve her well just to remain in her house or she is as stupid as Molan, so she still serves her and thinks Molan wishes her well, 

11 hours ago, zenya22 said:

I vote G here while relating to GTY situation, GTY is the chest piece that the writer made to be sly with a bad reputation. Why sly? because he made all of the hidden members and supporters of the dowager and those who are capitalizing on the their hatred of GTY to show support for the dowager come out of the woodwork. Now the red wolf and his kin will know whom they are dealing with and what means they are using. :cold_sweat:

Interesting...the cast who are most likely to get criticism of fans for causing trouble to the lead couple(emperor,SH) have posted on SM hinting there is more at play and everything is not yet revealed.

So it might be the way you suggested.

25 minutes ago, Suzzy San said:

Considering the husband, he just tricked her to think they will have an affair together, but he just forget about her after the information, or they might be having the affair but it's not been shown.. Either way, the maid is still with stupid Molan either pretending to serve her well just to remain in her house or she is as stupid as Molan, so she still serves her and thinks Molan wishes her well, 

Hmm that body language from Playboy Liang looked like there was a lil' something going on. She's probably a double agent, having affair on the side. She's probably gonna blackmail MoL later on into getting concubine status.

6 hours ago, m0us3y said:

@nichiwoohee @leeza77

I actually don't think GTY will be able to handle her if she's really jealous tho. 

Not because he's incapable to, but because he doesn't have the heart to. 

Once, ML said that if he feels sorry because she did so much, he just needs to lose to her for 2 rounds of touhu games. 

GTY responded that "I'll lose to you forever"..

It felt like he meant more than just the games. 

That he will give in to her...

So it seems GTY only wanted ML to be anxious, but not quite ready to deal with the ML that's actually angry anxious. 

That's why GTY told CB that he won't let him go if ML gets mad at him over prostitute Wei. 

The way he reacts when ML brought up prostitute Wei was funny.

And more hilarious, when he was happy that ML is jealous of FengXian, but then looked totally bewildered when ML went to the extent of asking XiaoTao to not help him get dressed! :lol:

Yeah, gty might be big bad wolf outside, but he’s scared of his little fox wife. He just want her to sulk, not mad at him :lol:

2 hours ago, sava2sava said:

@nichiwoohee  I'm was wondering is it some kind of crime if there's no concubines in the house.  From the ED down to the relatives all tried to stick concubines in the house for there very own selfish reasons.

They just wanted to plant spies and sow discord. The most annoying thing was when stepmom told ml to accept the biao mei as to expand the family, to have more children, while she’s pregnant

As if a wife couldnt go black hearted like those palace concubines by making sure the husband stay infertile, and then what?? :angry:

I also feel bad for gtw, he seems very sincere to gty, I remember he was excited accompanying gty to the exam taking, also secretly asking cb how gty is doing. I hope drama keep him that way, at least give gty one decent blood relative. 

The harder gty fall, the sadder ml will be, the fiercer gty will exact his revenge. 

I’m glad the accusation isnt really considered capital, because when all things done, the emperor (or prince huan hopefully for me) could nullified it by citing gty’s merit of saving the empire once again

1 minute ago, mooose said:

Hmm that body language from Playboy Liang looked like there was a lil' something going on. She's probably a double agent, having affair on the side. She's probably gonna blackmail MoL later on into getting concubine status.

I wish so.. Molan needs to get her own dose of payback 

12 hours ago, m0us3y said:

@nichiwoohee @leeza77

I actually don't think GTY will be able to handle her if she's really jealous tho. 

Not because he's incapable to, but because he doesn't have the heart to. 

Once, ML said that if he feels sorry because she did so much, he just needs to lose to her for 2 rounds of touhu games. 

GTY responded that "I'll lose to you forever"..

It felt like he meant more than just the games. 

That he will give in to her...

So it seems GTY only wanted ML to be anxious, but not quite ready to deal with the ML that's actually angry anxious. 

That's why GTY told CB that he won't let him go if ML gets mad at him over prostitute Wei. 

The way he reacts when ML brought up prostitute Wei was funny.

And more hilarious, when he was happy that ML is jealous of FengXian, but then looked totally bewildered when ML went to the extent of asking XiaoTao to not help him get dressed! :lol:

He wants her to be...

Jealous by 3 ounce,

Anxious by 2 ounce,

With 5 ounce each of caring and concern....

He has figured out the perfect recipe of how ML must think about him... Was gently goading her to be set in the mould for him to enjoy...Enter CB and his carefully laid plans go awry in a jiffy.

Poor GTY he really has no methods against ML..she will always have the upper hand.:D

Archived