[Mainland Chinese Drama 2018] The Story of Ming Lan 庶女明兰传 / 知否?知否?应是绿肥红瘦

Lynne

C-drama Ratings and Celeb Rankings (week starting Jan 14)

posted by Anne J on January 21, 2019 Leave a comment

Spy Hunter cdrama Qin Junjie
CSM55 Cities + Online

Spy Hunter is only on its second week but the show seems poised to break 1% soon with recent ratings at 0.995%. It also made it into the top 10 online dramas in fourth place. I personally love the genre, and find the story reminiscent of Disguiser for obvious reasons (same author). 

The Story of Minglan pushes new highs to reach 1.5% this week while rankings for the rest of the dramas on TV seem to be keep to the same pace. Behind the Sceneshas improved by gradual increments throughout its run and manages to break past 0.8% in ratings. 

Meanwhile, the 10pm shows have been averaging at 0.6% though I Will Never Let You Go has done considerably well online. It currently ranks second and both Ariel Lin and Vin Zhang can be seen among the top 10 weekly celebs. The three leads of Minglan are also in the top 3 along with supporting actress Zhang Jianing in 8th place. Apart from Yang ZI, Deng Lun,Wang Kai and Yang Mi, everyone on the list has a drama airing at the moment 

CSM Nationwide

The Story of Minglan also leads nationwide with ratings above 1%. 

TV Ratings 

CSM55 Cities 

csm55cities

CSM Nationwide

CSM%2BNationwide%2BCities%2BJan%2B14.png

*The above are mostly primetime shows that air at 19:30 while those highlighted in blue air at 22:00. **Rankings are overall rankings across the shows airing on the same night, regardless of air time. *** Reruns are not included. **** Dramas that air on CCTV (the state television broadcaster in China) are not included. ***** CSM55Cities and CSMNationwide are common tv metrics. 

Web Rankings 

Top Dramas (7-Day)  
5. Tao Hua Jie
9. Flipped

Top Celebrities (7-Day) 
4. Ariel Lin
5. Yang Zi
6. Deng Lun
9. Wang Kai
10. Yang Mi

*View count is based on the six streaming sites (Youku, iQiyi, Tencent, LeTV, Sohu, Mango) ** Star popularity is based on view count, weibo, douban, tieba, search results, etc *** iQiYi no longer provides view count. 

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, ForgottenSoulx said:

Just want to clarify this bit im pretty sure he never took anything from Big MDN or grandma for Molans dowry i could be wrong though i think she just went with what her mother gave her.

I agree @ForgottenSoulx, Concubine Lin wanted Old Mrs Sheng to give MoLan a dowry but only CL gave her stuff and Big Madam just have her a bracelet.

Correct me if I am wrong.

Bag Madam prepared a dowry that is as equal as RuLan and Old Mrs Sheng gave her a dowry too so she can stand on her own against the Gu Family. 

3 minutes ago, Lunkera said:

Watched the director's cut episode 43 and 44. It was pretty good although i don't understand. Rong'er was in two scenes i think. ML and Rong'er is getting along really well. One of the scene are the one when GTY,ML, Rong'er being playful together. I hope Rong'er will be in alot of episodes cause i really like seeing them together. Will be painful when MN returns though. I guess around that time there will be some strain on their relationship since MN will try to turn her against ML

Spoiler

Rong is a clever child. She might confuse for a while, but she is raised by her father and then spend a lot of time with ml. Both ml and gty would have imparted the wisdom for her to think clearly and make the best judgment. Besides manniang us not even actually care about rong. The child can discern that. 

2 hours ago, sava2sava said:

Manniang wasn't stupid she took the son as a means to get back into the house after her and so called brother goes broke..

I dunno..Manniang is one of those characters thats unfathomable to me. I mean she was not too smart either:

1. Wanting to be the main wife of a guy from a noble house in line for a title with her status. Even if he loved her to bits, the dude would have been disowned and forget about a career of any kind.  Messing with his marriage proposals and his family, she doesnt realise the harm she causes him and by extesion herself (the Gus' had resolved to kill her and the kids at some point). Smart would have been taking concubine status and milking it like Lin.

2. She found his property deeds, knew he was rich and still pawned them cos he was not gonna find out?

3. Ran off with his son denying the son status, education and entry into genealogy records. So the son has absolutely no legal claim. GTY never asked the question (bless him) 'are they really my children?' after the so called brother was alive, but it must have crossed his mind and he wouldn't be in a rush to leave anything for this son. She twisted the knife emotionally but for financial gain, it was always a losing strategy.

2 minutes ago, yingbaos said:

Hi guys, does anyone know what are the current ratings for STORY OF MINGLAN in China? And how many views does it have as of now? Much thanks :D

For web counts exceed 6 billion as today. (now only tencent still count the clicks) 
Tonight tv- wild list rating
[Mickey than heart][Mickey than heart]
  • dee8210dgy1fzekga48ogj20u01majtr.jpg
  • dee8210dgy1fzekg8h79bj20u01lydi4.jpg
  • dee8210dgy1fzekg7wn8uj20u01l60v3.jpg

three-day rating on weekends.
  • 0076SrLQgy1fzdzzlva5bj30k00ksqd7.jpg
  • 0076SrLQgy1fzdzzkdslsj30qo0rqjxf.jpg
  • 0076SrLQgy1fzdzzn5gufj30k00ksdpq.jpg

1 minute ago, Lunkera said:

I'm glad the drama does well since it's an amazing story with amazing actors. I still remember Feng Shaofeng in Palace with Yang Mi. another drama that i loved.

Yes, all the actors and crews deserve a standing ovation. 

28 minutes ago, Lunkera said:

Watched the director's cut episode 43 and 44. It was pretty good although i don't understand. Rong'er was in two scenes i think. ML and Rong'er is getting along really well. One of the scene are the one when GTY,ML, Rong'er being playful together. I hope Rong'er will be in alot of episodes cause i really like seeing them together. Will be painful when MN returns though. I guess around that time there will be some strain on their relationship since MN will try to turn her against ML

@leeza77 Disgusting and he even dared to approach ML later according to the trailer

Spoiler

R u talking about qh? Qh attitude are childish. He felt he has been dealt by fate unjustly and he threw a tantrum. Instead of analyzing what he has done wrong, he put the blame on other person. 

9 minutes ago, leeza77 said:
Spoiler

Since yesterday we were discussing it, from the new episodes I would say he is in love and she is falling. It's a matter of small glances, of smiles, but the feelings are there. I wouldn't doubt it. They are so cute. 

@leeza77

Spoiler

Yeah, i meant QH. Also him sowing discord in GTY and ML marriage by approaching her according to the trailers for the drama before it started. But it will just make ML realize what a disappointment he actually is and regret falling in love with him and bring ML & GTY closer.

4 minutes ago, Lunkera said:

@leeza77

Hide contents

Yeah, i meant QH. Also him sowing discord in GTY and ML marriage by approaching her according to the trailers for the drama before it started. But it will just make ML realize what a disappointment he actually is and regret falling in love with him and bring ML & GTY closer.

@Lunkera 

Spoiler

Ml has yet to trust gty fully. Still thinks that is the lord and she is not in equal footing with him. Gty heard her say so to xiatao. Feel frustrated. This is the seed if doubt the plant the discord in their relationship. Qh is only the trigger. Not the real reason. 

http://p.weibo.com/show/channerWbH5/1034:4331015553145830

1 hour ago, leeza77 said:
  Hide contents

From the trailer, qh has actually changed. He became vengeful and secretly take a shot to gty's family member, disguising as doing his duty as an officer. Gty didn't believe it, but ml suspects it. 

Spoiler

Im not sure yet maybe GTY family just did something really wrong and deserved punishment. If QH is going after GTY family out of jealously etc.. then he truly lost it. If he is part of the reason GTY fall's i hope when GTY rises again he gets the death penalty. 

I was hoping we would not see much of QH again i really dislike the character now. Hes never done anything good in this show and if he was ugly no-one would care for him at all. 

1 hour ago, leeza77 said:
For web counts exceed 6 billion as today. (now only tencent still count the clicks) 
Tonight tv- wild list rating
[Mickey than heart][Mickey than heart]
  •  
  •  
  •  

three-day rating on weekends.
  •  
  •  
  •  

What show is at 3% and 20% share?? 

11 minutes ago, heatherbee said:

Wow..thats so sweet indeed:love: a picture of a happy family...:blush:

Love the natural interaction between them. The way she keep on wiping non existence water in his ear and the way he was sulking because the wife didn't remember to sent him umbrella and he was drenched.. Ha ha

4 minutes ago, ForgottenSoulx said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Im not sure yet maybe GTY family just did something really wrong and deserved punishment. If QH is going after GTY family out of jealously etc.. then he truly lost it. If he is part of the reason GTY fall's i hope when GTY rises again he gets the death penalty. 

I was hoping we would not see much of QH again i really dislike the character now hes never done anything good in this show and if he was ugly no-one would care for him at all. 

What show is at 3% and 20% share?? 

That's is our the story of minglan. No. 1 rating. 3‰ is the rating of wild list. 20‰ is the market share. The show aired during the prime time earned more market share. Tomorrow the official rating will be announced. 

15 minutes ago, leeza77 said:

Love the natural interaction between them. The way she keep on wiping non existence water in his ear and the way he was sulking because the wife didn't remember to sent him umbrella and he was drenched.. Ha ha

The romantic scenes between them are subtle, just a peck or twice on her lip, hugs, holding hands, occasional touching, make up session. They give us the warm feeling and happiness and i was floating in glee for them.. Ho ho

4 minutes ago, leeza77 said:

The romantic scenes between them are subtle, just a peck or twice on her lip, hugs, holding hands, occasional touching, make up session. They give us the warm feeling and happiness and i was floating in glee for them.. Ho ho

Yes and it's totally them. Two persons that have been through a lot and are starting to be happy. So they are still cautious and sort of shy, but they are adorable. They enjoy each other company.

me too, I was smiling too

19 minutes ago, leeza77 said:

So true, I dunno how many times I've replayed their sweet scenes...and Im here smiling all ears:love:..btw gty loves to kiss Ml in her earlobe ha:love:I've never been this happy b4...(last time Im like this is when I watch boss and me).

I just notice on the scene were they have a pecked kiss? Ml sound is diff..like she has a flu.

Archived