[Mainland Chinese Drama 2018] The Story of Ming Lan 庶女明兰传 / 知否?知否?应是绿肥红瘦

Lynne

50 minutes ago, sava2sava said:

@m0us3y  I don't think it will be she changed so much as arrogant and doomineering,, ML isn't going to take crapolla from the GU's.. She has to let evil step mom know right off the bat she's not one to be fuk with.. Any sign of weakness they would run all over her if she let's them.. The Gu household isn't a household to act timid in if sshe becomes arrogant and domineering she will need to be that way with them..

Even if she did know so what it's eye for and eye.. ML lived without her mother since she was 8 now it's her turn.. It would have been nice to see the look on Molan Mom face seeing how grand ML wedding was.. Her current predicament is the hell she choose for herself ML didn't pudh her into it..She did that herself..

She has to be this way to survive.. ML learn that early on from the Sheng household.. It's the only way she knows how.. This is another reason GTY choose her.. He knows she worse then he'll ever be.. Which made me stop and think.. GTY told ML that he was to lazy to fight for his assets from evil step mom.. I'm wondering at some point will ML go after it for her own sons..  

Back to the wedding scene.. Those friends of his had me cracking up.  One said I never been to a wedding where the bride and groom are bowing to two tablets nd one of the alive parents are sitting there..:w00t:  .The evil witch lost face on so many different levels..  She had to sit there through all of that.. SMH. 

GTY is trully messey he told his brother to have a drink with him when he knew he couldn't drink..:w00t: He really rubbed salt in all there wounds on his wedding day..

Ahhahaha. @leeza77 confirmed that I was being paranoid. 

ML is strong minded and strong willed. Add her intelligence,with and wisdom, she'll be able to handle everything that's thrown to her, without resorting to being a bully. 

Personally I thought being an arrogant bully doesn't jive with her personality. Because she's not the type that will step others because her status is now higher. 

She doesn't necessarily enjoy power and status itself imho.

But that doesn't translate to her getting bullied. She will stand for herself, and she will stand against those who are against the people she wants to protect. 

Also you misunderstood what I meant about ML's revenge. Not about whether or not Molan knows, but more of ML modus operandi. She's stealth, and she kills before the enemy even finds out that she's a threat. Hence Molan is still in the dark. She's a sniper. She walked the street like the sweetest cutest thing ever, and then she kills. :lol:

But it does seem like it's gonna be all out war with GTY's stepmom. 

• Like 5
  • LOL 1

8 hours ago, sava2sava said:

@dito  Hold up, Swooping my hair back.. Granny found SH another concubine.. Wasn;t there enough troubke in the Sheng household bbcecause of Lingnaning.. You mean to tell me his old swimmers still swimming.. I thought he would be dried up by now because of Molans mother.. SH only agreed because he wants some strange.. SMH :w00t:

So Aunt found out about the news and decided to put her hands in both cookies jars and came up short:w00t: Hilarious.. Don;t like the fact she tried to kill off Granny.. Also is this when ML send her back her girl, Because she would have became bold enough to kill off ML..

I can't wait to see what type of elaborate scheme she comes up with to get rid of the spies.. I wish she sale they spies off as slaves it would teach them a lesson.. I tell yo GTY pick a winner, He can go do whatever and never has to worry about home he knows she can handle it and what she can;t hell deal with it for her..

What was up with Evil step mom and the two uncle. ? 

Lol, Sorry if I didn't make sense. Kang Auntie wanted someone from her family to marry Changbai but granny already had a candidate for Chang bai's bride, Hai shi and his father approved of the match. Thats the girl he married to now. Da niang had to refuse her sister. So I thought maybe it was because of that Kang aunt want to make trouble for daniang or just plain jealousy for doing well, when her own life was mess.

And in the book Sheng Hong actually had 2 more concubines and another son changdong...which the drama completely erased....so his stuff is working just fine. :blush:

Yes GTY should be relieved his house is in good capable hands. I loved how he turned back when he saw his stepmom going to visit ML. Then he stood worrying what was being said while Shitou went to have a listen. When shitou told him Stepmom was gone, without making any trouble...GTY's expression made Shitou laugh so much. Shitou even told him you look like a mother hen wanting to protect her chick or something like that.

• Like 2
  • LOL 6

I believe Ming Lan endeared Gu Ting Ye that his children will be like him because they are his. She promised that she will raised them without experiencing the pain and prejudices that they went through in their own childhood.

I loved it when Gu Ting Ye stayed back when his stepmother arrived. He thought his young wife will need his help but Sitou informed that his stepmother left without too much a fuss. Another proud moment for Gu Ting Ye that he indeed married well.

• Like 10

2 hours ago, UnniSarah said:

Who is Daniang???? While reading the  post here someone mentioned Daniang was being poisoned. I am wondering who is that person so I tried to find out who that was. I had no luck finding who that person is.  

Sorry for cutting your post.

Da Niang is Rulans mom. Sheng Hong's wife. Thats the title of the main wife of the household.

Like ML is being addressed as Da niang now at her house.

Literal translation in english is 'Big Madam/Lady'.

When ML was little she called her mother 'Xiao Niang' - Little Madam.

Granny is called Lao taitai - Old Madam 

So when I wrote Daniang poisoned granny...it means Rulan's mom. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, dito said:

Sorry for cutting your post.

Da Niang is Rulans mom. Sheng Hong's wife. Thats the title of the main wife of the household.

Like ML is being addressed as Da niang now at her house.

Literal translation in english is 'Big Madam/Lady'.

When ML was little she called her mother 'Xiao Niang' - Little Madam.

Granny is called Lao taitai - Old Madam 

So when I wrote Daniang poisoned granny...it means Rulan's mom. 

Thanks for the explanation chingu @dito.... OMG!!!! I didn’t know or think Rulan’s mom would do such a thing. It makes me wonder why would she do such a thing.  I knew she was greedy and power hungry but what does she expect from doing such a thing? Does she actually think no one would find out that she did it.  Smh smh smh  Old Mrs Sheng is such a nice lady , she never imposed he authority but she is Rulan’s mom is always begging her to help save her children when she has never truly shown Old Mrs Sheng the respect she deserved.  Smh smh smh 

GUESS WHO IS THIS???

8W20pjmdhE1FmiCPkipwNH-eQr_BDrfMYh0GrPlR

• Like 2

2 hours ago, sava2sava said:
2 hours ago, sava2sava said:

I don't think it will be she changed so much as arrogant and doomineering,, ML isn't going to take crapolla from the GU's.. She has to let evil step mom know right off the bat she's not one to be fuk with.. Any sign of weakness they would run all over her if she let's them.. The Gu household isn't a household to act timid in 

7 hours ago, m0us3y said:

Ahhhh. Just ML being ML then. 

Lol. Domineering by google's definition "assert one's will over another in an arrogant way". Bit more of a bully. 

Hence I asked. Thanks for clarifying! Now I'm looking forward to it! :lol:

I like that she outmaneuver and outwit the stepmom, but not to the extent of being arrogant. 

I agree, I don't know which scenes the word domineering is specifically used to describe ML but the word doomineering so far from what I have seen, does not describe her. Rather I find her as a woman grown up, mature, assertive, authoritative, self assured, smartly shrewd and as calculating as GTY. If in a specific scene, she asserts her rights to be or do what the moment requires for the good of others or even for herself as in a corrective or defensive action (in her perspective) of someone's wrong doing as in outwitting or outmaneuvering the stepmom who is trying to harm her, the word domineering does not apply at all. It is defense of self and loved ones and show of strength. Asserting her rights as the Big Madam and household manager is not domineering. It is her job. 

• Like 7

On 1/20/2019 at 2:26 PM, mooose said:

CB is part of the priviledged di class and his thinking would be such. Just cos he and ML get along, doesn't mean he does not see her as inferior. Infact ML gets along with everyone in that house but to them she is still 'concubine born', even if she is now registered as di.

My interpretation of the dialogue is that CB assumed is was RL that GTY wanted because that is the right and correct daughter to want in this world and he was only  puzzled by the flowery phrases, that's why he didnt ask which one, to him ML was not in the running at all. To CB and Daniang, the proposal is RL's due as the legitimate daughter. Its only SH who wonders if its not ML that GTY was describing.  SH might have his biases, but not between shu and di ( he himself being originally shu).

To me CB's assumptions make complete sense if you consider their backgrounds. It only occurs to CB that he might have been wrong when SH brings it up, but now he can't go back and ask which one when DaNiang has snatched the proposalfor RL.

GTY knows how prejudices work and was able to play CB and the Shengs perfectly. 

I think CB genuinely care for Minglan as much as Rulan despite having different mother. When GTY said he's interested to marry one of the Sheng girls, CB asked him directly which one but GTY reply in general manner. CB told him clearly, ML's marriage matter is out of his parents hand, let alone his, but since GTY still ask for his help, he assumed it must be RL since he still cud convince his parents to accept GTY. GTY also gave vague abt wanting a di daughter as his wife, dunno if CB knew that ML has been registered under his mother's line or it might slip his mind abt it...of cos now we know GTY purposedly confused CB by implying RL when he truly wants ML...

• Like 7

Spoiler

Last night games of households:

Ml v Auntie 1= Ml won

Ml v Kang Auntie=Ml won

Ml v Auntie 2=Ml won

Our general was excellent 

And tonight looking forward for another round of battle of spies and stepmom. Ha ha

• Like 2
  • LOL 10

14 minutes ago, leeza77 said:
  Hide contents

Ml v Auntie 1= Ml won

Ml v Kang Auntie=Ml won

Ml v Auntie 2=Ml won

And tonight looking forward for another round of battle of spies and stepmom. Ha ha

I'm so looking forward to watch them!! 

I love how GTY just let her do whatever she wants, spoiling her (from all the previews). He truly lives up to his declaration of saying "what my wife wants, she gets". 

• Like 6
  • LOL 5

Watched till Ep 40 with subs. I understand that Rulan has gotten married as well. I wished they had shown a few scenes of her wedding as well. If Molan could dress up, we really should have seen Rulan as well.

• Like 4

15 minutes ago, leeza77 said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Ml v Auntie 1= Ml won

Ml v Kang Auntie=Ml won

Ml v Auntie 2=Ml won

:thumbsup: love the scoreline.GTY's stepmom got a nice taste of getting caught in her own scheme.GTY gave her quite the headache now she has to face ML too.:lol:.Life will be one with perpetual migraine for her.

• Like 4
  • LOL 6

47 minutes ago, lxands said:

I think CB genuinely care for Minglan as much as Rulan despite having different mother. When GTY said he's interested to marry one of the Sheng girls, CB asked him directly which one but GTY reply in general manner. CB told him clearly, ML's marriage matter is out of his parents hand, let alone his, but since GTY still ask for his help, he assumed it must be RL since he still cud convince his parents to accept GTY. GTY also gave vague abt wanting a di daughter as his wife, dunno if CB knew that ML has been registered under his mother's line or it might slip his mind abt it...of cos now we know GTY purposedly confused CB by implying RL when he truly wants ML...

@lxands  Chingu , CB is truly a saint because he thinks Rulan is beautiful , which makes him very sweet but I do wonder if he thinks Ming Lan is beautiful. At least the Father had to point out that GTY was asking for Ming Lan not Rulan. 

Chingu's  I love the way Rulan expressed the meaning of true love. The list of reason why she love Brother Jin was sweet and I think toward the end of the drama or before will realized that Rulan truly knew the meaning of love. :wub::wub::wub:

@m0us3y OMG!!! I love what he does for her, powder her face, let her sleep in, take care of her once she wakes, gives her whatever she wants. When I see him do this, I just want to SCREAM at Ming Lan in a friendly way and say "  GIRL !! GTY LOVES YOU , HE IS IN LOVE WITH YOU AND HE HIMSELF HASN'T REALIZED THAT YET OR HE HAS". Shitou knows his master is in love

• Like 7
  • LOL 3
  • Love 1

18 minutes ago, m0us3y said:

I'm so looking forward to watch them!! 

I love how GTY just let her do whatever she wants, spoiling her (from all the previews). He truly lives up to his declaration of saying "what my wife wants, she gets". 

Yes, and he is happy if his wife is named a tigress bcoz of that...and ml doesn't mind to be called such....Aummmm:lol: ml is no longer a pig that eating a tiger but she has transformed to a tigress. Go go girl.. ML VERSION 2.0 WITH SOFTWARE UPGRADED BY GU & CO. 

• Like 4
  • LOL 11

12 minutes ago, paras said:

Watched till Ep 40 with subs. I understand that Rulan has gotten married as well. I wished they had shown a few scenes of her wedding as well. If Molan could dress up, we really should have seen Rulan as well.

RL's wedding would be anti-climatic visually after the grand affair that was ML.

For me, it was enough to see she was happy. And it was great that they genuinely bonded after Molan left the house and sisterly bond continued after marriage.

• Like 7

Anyone know if this drama have more than 1 osts. So far only the ending theme song been featured in the drama. I saw this 1 hour songs playlist in youtube that is supposedly to be Story of Minglan's ost? But i have a feeling its not? Only the first song ( ending song ) is. I know theres this other song that i think is the osts for this drama too but it never been featured in the drama. Any ideas if there's more osts than just the ending song ?

• Like 3

1 hour ago, UnniSarah said:

Thanks for the explanation chingu @dito.... OMG!!!! I didn’t know or think Rulan’s mom would do such a thing. It makes me wonder why would she do such a thing.  I knew she was greedy and power hungry but what does she expect from doing such a thing? Does she actually think no one would find out that she did it.  Smh smh smh  Old Mrs Sheng is such a nice lady , she never imposed he authority but she is Rulan’s mom is always begging her to help save her children when she has never truly shown Old Mrs Sheng the respect she deserved.  Smh smh smh 

Rulans mom actually didn't want to kill granny. She was just stupid and got manipulated by her sister.

I wrote about this whole thing in an earlier post on page 133. I copy-pasted it under spoiler.

Spoiler

Some time before the poisoning Da niang's sister was slowly turning Da niang against granny. Da niang was also dissatisfied with granny over something....don't remember what. So the sister gave her an idea.....to make granny sick for a while by feeding her some drug in her food...and even got the drug for Daniang. What Daniang didn't know was that the drug was actually poison. And her sister was a vicious bitsh. She wanted to make Daniang kill her mother in law and then blackmail her sister all her life holding this secret over her head. 

The only reason Granny survived was because granny's servant ran to inform ML about it immediately. And ML without wasting time invited the imperial physician to treat granny. When ML was informed about the poisoning....she was absolutely furious. She was even using torture to get the truth out the servants involved. She investigated the whole thing and ordered GTY's guards to lockdown sheng house completely. No one coming in or going out. Then she told her father everything and gave him no way out. Either she has justice for granny or she's going to make this public and ask the courts for justice. 

Yes ML was pregnant during that time. And GTY was outside the city with his troops. He hurried over in the middle of it all after being informed by his steward. I think it happened during the time after their quarrel, when GTY was still mad at ML. After this incident is when they end their fight and make up. I think it also made ML realize that GTY will always stand by her and she's not alone in this world.

Thats all I can remember. Hopefully someone who has read the book remembers more clearly than me and helps elaborate on this.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, dito said:

Rulans mom actually didn't want to kill granny. She was just stupid and got manipulated by her sister.

I wrote about this whole thing in an earlier post on page 133. I copy-pasted it under spoiler.

Reveal hidden contents

Some time before the poisoning Da niang's sister was slowly turning Da niang against granny. Da niang was also dissatisfied with granny over something....don't remember what. So the sister gave her an idea.....to make granny sick for a while by feeding her some drug in her food...and even got the drug for Daniang. What Daniang didn't know was that the drug was actually poison. And her sister was a vicious bitsh. She wanted to make Daniang kill her mother in law and then blackmail her sister all her life holding this secret over her head. 

The only reason Granny survived was because granny's servant ran to inform ML about it immediately. And ML without wasting time invited the imperial physician to treat granny. When ML was informed about the poisoning....she was absolutely furious. She was even using torture to get the truth out the servants involved. She investigated the whole thing and ordered GTY's guards to lockdown sheng house completely. No one coming in or going out. Then she told her father everything and gave him no way out. Either she has justice for granny or she's going to make this public and ask the courts for justice. 

Yes ML was pregnant during that time. And GTY was outside the city with his troops. He hurried over in the middle of it all after being informed by his steward. I think it happened during the time after their quarrel, when GTY was still mad at ML. After this incident is when they end their fight and make up. I think it also made ML realize that GTY will always stand by her and she's not alone in this world.

Thats all I can remember. Hopefully someone who has read the book remembers more clearly than me and helps elaborate on this.

@dito ..... THanks for that chingu.... Lol LOL I just love being spoiled..... WOW WOW,  I actually want this to happen in the drama..... lol lol  evil-smile-onion-head-emoticon.gifevil-smile-onion-head-emoticon.gif The only reason why I want this to happen is because I want Sheng Hong to finally realize what a true GEM Ming Lan is. TBH I don't think he has realized HOW SMART AND CALCULATING Ming Lan can be or that he is a TERRIBLE FATHER . He hasn't realized  Ming Lan doesn't respect him at all  but will be fillial to Sheng Clan.  

• Like 4
  • LOL 2

18 hours ago, fra8 said:

I am curious too. I don’t really like the change about his career, I hoped he would be successful without drama but I am curious about the spin they will give to their relationship.

I am curious about their dynamic as a couple and ml’s actions. I wonder about qh’character too.

I'm sure the adversary could only deepen their mutual understanding and love. What I'm curious about most is the nature and timing of GTY's "crime". Because as a newly crowned emperor, he must secure his rule by eliminating internal and external enemies. In this case, he couldn't have disposed of GTY, one of his most trusted and ablest general so lightly. It had to be something really serious, or GTY wouldn't ask ML for a amicable divorce, obviously he thought this would bring harm to ML and her family.

• Like 7
  • Love 3

39 minutes ago, UnniSarah said:

@dito ..... THanks for that chingu.... Lol LOL I just love being spoiled..... WOW WOW,  I actually want this to happen in the drama..... lol lol  evil-smile-onion-head-emoticon.gifevil-smile-onion-head-emoticon.gif The only reason why I want this to happen is because I want Sheng Hong to finally realize what a true GEM Ming Lan is. TBH I don't think he has realized HOW SMART AND CALCULATING Ming Lan can be or that he is a TERRIBLE FATHER . He hasn't realized  Ming Lan doesn't respect him at all  but will be fillial to Sheng Clan.  

Sheng Hong will get the shock of his life when ML goes militant on this issue. ML manipulated in getting Kang Aunt to come to the sheng house. Then she confronted her with the truth and had her tied and tortured for confession. She asked her father to wait for Kang Aunts family to come for her. She told him step by step what was going to happen next. What Kang Aunt's family would say and do to get Kang Aunt out of trouble. That they will try to put the entire blame on Da niang.....and that they will try to pressure him with his and Changbai's official reputation and dishonor for Sheng family. He must have got scared to see how smart ML was... as each and every thing happened exactly as ML told him. 

• Like 5
  • LOL 6