[Current Mainland Chinese Drama 2018] Siege in Fog 人生若如初相见

rocs25

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hello, can I ask which episode do they start from the beginning of their relationship? It seems like we see glimpse of it through the opening and ending video but it feels so off without a chronological story. 

Edit: I just saw episode 14! It starts from when they first met and married :D

Both Elvis and Sun Yi filmed "Happy Camp" last week. After 2 years they filmed this drama, now they reunite again to film happy camp for this drama.

I can't wait to watch it.

If Sun Yi is not married, I really will ship them. :tongue:

The family dynamic in this show is definitely the highlight of this drama... It's been a while since I've watched anything with an intergenerational clan living under one roof especially during war time. The drama has the usual C drama editing issues but all that stuff that goes on around the dinner table is still some of the best parts of this drama. All the underlying issues get played out there. The tensions are palpable but the acting especially from the leads is right on the money.

It's sort of frustrating watching QS doing her glass half empty shtick. Sure she's been embittered by her experiences with PJC and being forced to marry into a prominent family. Obviously some of it is for PJC's benefit to show that she's moved on and become more worldly wise but it is very frustrating to see the push-pull played out in this fashion. For a normally intelligent and highly driven young woman she can be rather slow on the uptake. Even with all the hints. The reality is that things could be a lot worse for her. But I don't think it's all about intelligence. Her heart is completely closed off and she chooses to see what she wants to see. I suppose Lan Po doesn't do himself any favours although he is trying. For one, YLK could have already imposed himself on her but clearly he's a closet romantic idealist. And sure he toys with her but he can also be very sweet. Yes, he can be childish but it's his way of protecting himself in a marriage where he thinks the love part is a one-way street from his end.

27 minutes ago, khawtulover123 said:

Can someone please explain to me why YLK got locked up ? 

He's been accused of killing one of 2nd brother's lieutenants. Remember the one who committed suicide from episode 2 or 3? His surname was Song. He tried to kill YLK by bugging his horse's ear but PJC saved his life. When YLK tried to get him to confess, he claimed that he was only doing 2nd brother's bidding. which he of course, didn't believe.

Because YLK kept mum to protect 2nd brother, now he's being accused of killing and covering up Lt Song's death. (Not sure about his rank)

I've only been skimming some of those later episodes so I'm happy to be corrected.

26 minutes ago, 40somethingahjumma said:

He's been accused of killing one of 2nd brother's lieutenants. Remember the one who committed suicide from episode 2 or 3? His surname was Song. He tried to kill YLK by bugging his horse's ear but PJC saved his life. When YLK tried to get him to confess, he claimed that he was only doing 2nd brother's bidding. which he of course, didn't believe.

Because YLK kept mum to protect 2nd brother, now he's being accused of killing and covering up Lt Song's death. (Not sure about his rank)

I've only been skimming some of those later episodes so I'm happy to be corrected.

Thankyou so much for explaining. I really appreciated. That makes sense now. 

3 hours ago, 40somethingahjumma said:

Thank you for your help and explanation =)

OMG!! QS is torn between her two loves, one min. she is all about how loving and caring she has for her husband and how she can't do without him and then the next she is crying for PJC when he got hurt..it is really heartwenching for YLK to watch his own wife in front of others how she was all over PJC when he got shot , I really feel for him, the poor soul. 

At the moment i'm watching it raw and my mandarin is at a basic level but can someone explain why PJC was ordered to kill Mr. Fan?

I'm still at episode 22, but reading some of the comments on other forums just reminded me why I often steer clear from reading comments and engaging in discussion while watching drama. 

The hyper critical lens that female characters often get subjected to is really off putting. The casual misogyny that gets thrown around is really disheartening since majority of viewers and commenters are women.

In this drama, they really hate Qin Sang and while I don't know yet if her actions is really that awful, calling her a richard simmons is really uncalled for. I hate having that term use as an insult towards women.

The dislikes for her actually makes me more interested in watching. A heroine that is selfish and imperfect? Sign me up. We don't get enough of them in my opinion.

@VietGirl2

I'm not sure what it is that people are objecting to elsewhere but I too am liking QS less and less as the story progresses. It isn't that she's "selfish" per se but it's more the case that she's reckless, indecisive and emotional, in most cases causing more problems for herself and for Lan Po than he's already in. 

She tends to be emotionally overwrought when she should be a lot more circumspect knowing the political volatility that surrounds the Yi family. Even if she doesn't care about the family as a whole, she should at least IMO consider the implications for Lan Po.

It isn't as if she's been married to Lan Po for a month or two. With all that's happened in the two plus years of their married, she really should know better. For someone in her position, she lacks discretion. It's one thing to be gungho and stand up for oneself but to plunge into things in heedless fashion repeatedly, it does seem like it's becoming a habit. She gets a sharp scolding by 2nd Brother and actually I'm on his side in what he says.

Things get a lot worse when Yan Yun finds out who her father's assassin is. Again, QS's given to acting and speaking emotionally on the matter. She needs to be clear on where her loyalties lie. There's a reason why as you'll see but for someone in her position, it's very unwise.

As opposed to everyone, I am liking Qin Sang a lot!! Granted, I am only caught up to episode 29, but I like how she is able to strategize and get the plot moving along. She was able to help the Cheng ladies out by simply posing for a picture and having the picture land in the right hands. At the same time, this picture also paves the way for a possible political marriage between Murong family and the Cheng family. With the political marriage arranged, the Murong family is able to attack into Fu Yuan with a reason and this paved the way for the Yi family to save Yi Lian Kai. That is a stroke of brilliance and why her father-in-law started becoming wary of her smarts. Rationally, could you fault her for thinking that Yi Lian Sheng wanted to kill Yi Lian Kai? Evidence points that way.. and almost everyone (except for YLK) in the family believed that YLS is capable of it. Did she make things worse for YLK by asking him to confess that he is at fault? Arguably, I don't think it would have made much of a difference. Because YLK wouldn't have spoken up for himself anyway. Who the three judges sided with was key - a choice had to be made and she just sped things along. YLK will definitely not accuse his brother anyway... so YLS would still emerge innocent in this. She stood her ground and wasn't afraid to appeal to emotions and logic - very commendable as well. She tried strategizing with Judge Gao, and it didn't work. So she appealed to YLS using emotions instead. Besides, apparently there is a reason why everyone thought negatively of YLS. Some commenters were saying that YLS was quite vile and a lot of scenes explaining QS's reasoning was cut off. Don't know about the details though!

I like QS I do, but recently with her feelings for YLK and PJC.  I'm starting to get irritate with her. I don't know who she loves now?  Seriously, I'm glad 2nd brother scolded her for the way she had treated YLK and now the 2nd brother caught her in the hospital helping out PJC.  He ask her questions where she can't even answer regarding her feelings of whether her husband is important or her first love??? like WTF!!! Even though 2nd brother can be vile but he's always protect Lao Pa's heart and don't want his brother to get hurt.  I want to know when will YLK knows about her first love and when she knows what he did to her family...thats the suspense 

QS should just pack her bags and leave with PJC.  They deserved each other.  Lao Pa will be hurt but at least his wife doesn't lies behind his back anymore!

Can someone help explain to me where and why is the oldest brother going somewhere and also what did the 2nd brother said that heated up the Dad to slap him ? Thankyou 

I really wish that some one would be kind enough to do recaps that way people  like me that watched most the episodes raw will understand what is happening so far in the drama.

Dang this drama had me yelling at my screen lmao 

Someone needs to protect Lan Po and Yun Xi’s bromance pls :cry: 

QS x LP is my OTP in the drama, but QS’s jumping back and forth of her first love and LP is a bit like in the recent episode is like,,, cmon girl, you can do better than that. I do like her as a character though. I like that she is able to speak up for herself and take action when she wants to, even if it’s rash at times :) 

Spoiler

I know of the leaked ending to this drama already but just to double check, QS doesn’t get with anyone else after what happens at the end? She doesn’t get with PJC in the drama version, right? I don’t know if the ending I watched went all the way up to the very end.

Also, I read somewhere on Weibo that they actually filmed an alternate ending for this drama, a happy ending. I don’t know how much truth is in that weibo so don’t take my word as the final word, but I wouldn’t be surprised if they did. Since the original ending got leaked, it would make sense for them to ‘surprise’ viewers with a different ending if they have one filmed already. But, then again, with all the legal problems the author and drama production had, I doubt the author would want the ending changed since they like their sad endings. We shall see :) 

30124504_2093687213980973_4383559582119629791954_2093687323980962_28826426730914

recent stills the drama’s Weibo posted :wub: they look gorgeous ~ 

I feel so sad for the 2nd sister in law especially the part where she ran to the door after the 2nd bro left and talks about how the baby is doing good and stuff. I cried a river there ,but why is she giving QS attitude ?  So at this point has the 2nd sister in law fully devoted all her love to the 2nd bro or is she still crushing YLK ? And also the baby that she is carrying is really 2nd bro’s baby not YLK right ? Can someone Please  clarift for me. I’m really thirsty for some clarification right now. 

9 hours ago, khawtulover123 said:

I feel so sad for the 2nd sister in law especially the part where she ran to the door after the 2nd bro left and talks about how the baby is doing good and stuff. I cried a river there ,but why is she giving QS attitude ?  So at this point has the 2nd sister in law fully devoted all her love to the 2nd bro or is she still crushing YLK ? And also the baby that she is carrying is really 2nd bro’s baby not YLK right ? Can someone Please  clarift for me. I’m really thirsty for some clarification right now. 

Yes, she is truly in love with 2nd bro now and the baby is 2nd bro's. She still hate QS because of her father's death was related to QS.

Archived