[Current Mainland Chinese Drama 2018] Siege in Fog 人生若如初相见

rocs25

6 hours ago, productiveprocrastinator said:

I've now written a blog post that explains what Lan Po is and why Qin Sang calls him that.

Many many thanks for the explanations.

I have a question. Someone on virtual voyage mention about Yi lian kai plays a role in Qin Sang family destruction.just wow ! Anyone knows why? 

I am so curious..thanks in advance =) 

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ep5 was nice! Love the interactions between Lian Kai and Qian Sang at the necklace section. Wish there were more lovey scenes between them at this point. Elvis is so handsome and cute!!! The clothes Qian Sang wears is so pretty!!! So sad 2nd bro is such an evil guy!!!! They dibt share the same mothers but still they share 1 dad. Living in this period must be tough. Family fighting for power and positions.

14 hours ago, productiveprocrastinator said:

I've now written a blog post that explains what Lan Po is and why Qin Sang calls him that. The link is here: https://productiveprocrastinationsite.wordpress.com/2018/03/18/the-secret-behind-yi-lian-kai-yi-lian-shens-names-10-min-read/

Thank you so much!!

So, Lan Po is the zhi right? All the brothers in the family has very nice zhi. The elder one is Xian Qiao, 2nd one is Yun Xi, 3rd one is Lan Po. 

14 hours ago, valerie86 said:

Many many thanks for the explanations.

I have a question. Someone on virtual voyage mention about Yi lian kai plays a role in Qin Sang family destruction.just wow ! Anyone knows why? 

I am so curious..thanks in advance =) 

YLK, FRC and Mr. Fan were planning a conspiracy on those upper management in the government. They wanted to accuse someone on corruption. YLK picked QS's father as the person who did the corruption. FRC went to execute the plan. That's why QS hate FRC so much.

23 minutes ago, Hapiangle said:

YLK, FRC and Mr. Fan were planning a conspiracy on those upper management in the government. They wanted to accuse someone on corruption. YLK picked QS's father as the person who did the corruption. FRC went to execute the plan. That's why QS hate FRC so much.

Thank youuu a million for the spoiler.

Wow this is so unexpected. ;(  YLk is so mean.

do how does QS end up forgiving YLK in the end?  Cause i is is just way too unforgivable 

Could it be that she will forgive him because he will go to war and possibly will not come back alive? =( 

12 minutes ago, valerie86 said:

Thank youuu a million for the spoiler.

Wow this is so unexpected. ;(  YLk is so mean.

do how does QS end up forgiving YLK in the end?  Cause i is is just way too unforgivable 

Could it be that she will forgive him because he will go to war and possibly will not come back alive? =( 

YLK killed FRC, part of it is revenge for QS, part of it is because of the benefits of his family. But FRC escape from the gun shot and YLK did not notice about it. 

Anyone noticed that elder bro (in wheelchair) is actually quite nice looking...! I think his wife is also nice, well, at least she's nice to QS. Unlike 2nd bro, apart from being ambitious, he also thinks the baby his wife is expecting is YLK baby. That caused more hatred. Good thing YLK & QS cleared up the misunderstanding because at first QS also thought YLK is in love with 2nd sister-in-law. 

3 hours ago, budgerie said:

Anyone noticed that elder bro (in wheelchair) is actually quite nice looking...! I think his wife is also nice, well, at least she's nice to QS. Unlike 2nd bro, apart from being ambitious, he also thinks the baby his wife is expecting is YLK baby. That caused more hatred. Good thing YLK & QS cleared up the misunderstanding because at first QS also thought YLK is in love with 2nd sister-in-law. 

I remember in novel  : the second brothers' wife is really having YLK baby.   But  it looks like it end up YLk want both Yan yun and their baby dead  . So he wants to get rid of both. So heartless.

But he is so angry with Qs Aborted  their first baby.(yes they slept in the past).

Now QS is pregnant with the second baby ,he threaten QS to look after their baby well. If anythiNg haappen to the baby he will make sure QS buried with the baby together. 

9 hours ago, valerie86 said:

I remember in novel  : the second brothers' wife is really having YLK baby.   But  it looks like it end up YLk want both Yan yun and their baby dead  . So he wants to get rid of both. So heartless.

But he is so angry with Qs Aborted  their first baby.(yes they slept in the past).

Now QS is pregnant with the second baby ,he threaten QS to look after their baby well. If anythiNg haappen to the baby he will make sure QS buried with the baby together. 

In the novel, did YLK really went to sleep around that much. Even with his sister-in-law and also impregnated her. Did he do that because he did likes her too or just to get at Qin Sang ? 

12 hours ago, valerie86 said:

This makes me sad!!  YLK sounds so ruthless! 

8 minutes ago, transki said:

This makes me sad!!  YLK sounds so ruthless! 

Agreed, if I'd read the novel first, I'd probably forego the drama..hopefully in the drama, he isn't going to be as ruthless with QS but they seemed to be on the same level and yet in the novel she doesn't seem as tough.

13 hours ago, valerie86 said:

Yikes! Novel version YLK is really unlikeable and mean.  I think the Drama version of the character is much changed, no? I don't think he sleeps with 2nd sister-in-law in the drama, right? I have only seen up to ep. 5 but I thought it was mentioned that QS is still a virgin, the couple has not consumated the marriage? 

21 minutes ago, jewelsc said:

Agreed, if I'd read the novel first, I'd probably forego the drama..hopefully in the drama, he isn't going to be as ruthless with QS but they seemed to be on the same level and yet in the novel she doesn't seem as tough.

Me too. This drama version of the character seems much nicer than novel version. 

2 hours ago, Table122000 said:

Yikes! Novel version YLK is really unlikeable and mean.  I think the Drama version of the character is much changed, no? I don't think he sleeps with 2nd sister-in-law in the drama, right? I have only seen up to ep. 5 but I thought it was mentioned that QS is still a virgin, the couple has not consumated the marriage? 

Me too. This drama version of the character seems much nicer than novel version. 

Yes, the couple should be consummating their 2 yrs of marriage in epi 21 :)

Thank goodness YLK in the drama is more likable than in the book mentioned. I just wanna binge the drama so bad!!! It's going on a good pace now that I don't know what's going to happen next. I have to say 2nd sister-in-law is so mean and jealous of QS. Homegirl u married already!!!! 

14 hours ago, khawtulover123 said:

In the novel, did YLK really went to sleep around that much. Even with his sister-in-law and also impregnated her. Did he do that because he did likes her too or just to get at Qin Sang ? 

I also dont know his motive. but YLK only loves Qin Sang in the novel . 

Here is the excerpt / glimpse from the novel and the translations, all credit goes to translator 12  from the Meraki Translations.   the translations itself only up to chapter 23 and still ongoing :):)

It is revealed that YLK slept with second sis in law from his conversation with Min Hong Yu :) 

Yi Liankai chuckled derisively before taking the cigarette from between his lips and flicking it into the crystal ashtray, saying, ‘You were the one who offered to work for me in the first place; I never forced you. You blame me for being ruthless and forcing Yi Lianshen’s wife to die^, damned if I know why. You’ve been fudging the truth about your past dealings with Yi Lianshen so I’ve played dumb as well. Are you seriously finding fault with17 me because of his wife?"

Min Hongyu took a deep breath then but her voice softened slightly as she said, ‘I used to think he had no conscience, but who would have thought you’re even more ruthless than he is? That Er Sao of yours was carrying your own flesh and blood. Leaving aside the despicable18 seduction of your own sister-in-law, that was your own child you wouldn’t even spare19…’ Before she could finish speaking, there was a pa sound as Yi Liankai slapped her hard. It had enough force in it to cause a red palm mark to bloom on Min Hongyu’s alabaster cheek, the imprint of his fingers leaving instant weals. She bit the corner of her mouth, but refused to cry and only glared at him.

8 hours ago, jewelsc said:

Yes, the couple should be consummating their 2 yrs of marriage in epi 21 :)

I  hope they will be more lovey dovey after they consummate their marriage lol.

But in the song -

I could see scene where Pan Jian Chi is the killer of Yan Yun's father and YLK teacher. so Pan Jian Chi is thrown in jail and QS saw Pan Jian Chi shot in the leg, she was crying in the jail  and ran to him,  and YLK is sooo jealous   and force kiss her.

5 hours ago, nash2y said:

I  hope they will be more lovey dovey after they consummate their marriage lol.

But in the song -

I could see scene where Pan Jian Chi is the killer of Yan Yun's father and YLK teacher. so Pan Jian Chi is thrown in jail and QS saw Pan Jian Chi shot in the leg, she was crying in the jail  and ran to him,  and YLK is sooo jealous   and force kiss her.

Well there is a quote that says 'there's no love like the first..' so QS will always love PJC eventho he has disappointed her so many times but with YLK she knows now has always loved her, the roller coaster of love triangle.  In the drama, YLK, altho he'd said to QS that he didn't want to know who the guy was that she was going to meet up with when he'd thought about letting her go but I think he'd already suspected it was PJC but I'm wondering y didn't he have PJC killed if he was such a jealous and ruthless guy?

As according to the ending theme song, looks like alot of the characters r gonna die, we're almost half way into the drama..maybe I should start go out and buy me a big package of tissues..:cry:

Woweee   cannot wàit until Thursday (usually siege in fog new episode come out youtube on thursday). . And we get 6 episodes. So happy. 

On top of that, legend of dugu 6 episodes also come out on the same day.  So we have 12 epsodes to binge on lol. 

10 hours ago, jewelsc said:

Well there is a quote that says 'there's no love like the first..' so QS will always love PJC eventho he has disappointed her so many times but with YLK she knows now has always loved her, the roller coaster of love triangle.  In the drama, YLK, altho he'd said to QS that he didn't want to know who the guy was that she was going to meet up with when he'd thought about letting her go but I think he'd already suspected it was PJC but I'm wondering y didn't he have PJC killed if he was such a jealous and ruthless guy?

As according to the ending theme song, looks like alot of the characters r gonna die, we're almost half way into the drama..maybe I should start go out and buy me a big package of tissues..:cry:

Yeah. lyk can see clearly his wife has love history witH Pjc.

Maybe LYK think PjC can be used to achieve his goals so he didnt kill him ..

Yeah. I also saw in preview some characters are dead. But i am wondering if the final ending will be changed by the producer.  Because the video in the youtube has the final scene and it is sad. 

Archived