[Current Mainland Chinese Drama 2018] Siege in Fog 人生若如初相见

rocs25

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Siege+in+Fog+3.jpg6dab70a311f982889a302e842bfd9139.jpgimages?q=tbn:ANd9GcQNC2p8Ac5CeJlMmt04Aw6

I just happen to come across this drama last night knowing nothing about it really.  Somehow it's characters are a little haunting with a sense of sadness, covered up passions and feelings and insightful cleverness.  Where weakness may seem to be, strength is there instead.  Where love may not have meant to be felt it hides in the deepness of their hearts.  After only 3 episodes I find myself attracted to a story that doesn't feel like it's for the faint at heart.  But here I am writing about it.

I hope it gets completely subbed and not dropped. :( Which places me on my soap box. -_- I just really, really wish Chinese dramas that I love and find are so rich with characters and so beautiful with it's use of scenery.  Stories that are often filmed in more of an artistic way like a piece of original artwork.  Yet are so hard to find subbed for the rest of the world to enjoy and embrace.  I do think it's gotten better but there is still such slowness in being able to find one you hear about.  It's even harder to find it subbed and often they are not finished.  I really wish that there was a way that our voices could be heard and our struggle could be felt. 

Maybe Someday....

On 3/12/2018 at 9:58 PM, lovelyserenez said:

My old account had issues. Anyway, I hope that's not true. How sad for the viewers! 

I can't wait for Wednesday! Could someone translate what QS said that caused YLK to walk out of the room on their wedding night? Thanks! 

Today they released episodes 15 - 20. Every Wednesday 6 new episodes.

Their scenes in this week's episodes were so intense. I am especially interested in knowing their conversations in the scenes where YLK abandoned her, came back for her, and his love confession in the field. Could someone please summarize the conversations? Thanks in advance! :) Can't wait for next week! :heart:

12 hours ago, lovelyserenez said:

Their scenes in this week's episodes were so intense. I am especially interested in knowing their conversations in the scenes where YLK abandoned her, came back for her, and his love confession in the field. Could someone please summarize the conversations? Thanks in advance! :) Can't wait for next week! :heart:

I try my best to have a summary for those scenes.

YLK abandoned her:

After the kidnapped, YLK reliazed that QS with him is unsafe. So, he rather let her go. He gave her 2 tickets from YongNan and asked her to leave with the man she loves.

Came back for her:

He felt heavy hearted to let her go, chased after her and asked her to stay and don't leave him. But QS said she felt miserable to stay with him and she is not happy.

Love confession in the field:

QS said to YLK she can tell him the man's name (that she loves), but YLK was angry and said he don't want to know because he is envy of that man. The man hurt QS but QS still loved him deeply. 

In the field, they both fight. QS shouted at him asking him did he ever love her. YLK said yes! YLK confessed to her that he felt in love with her when the first time they met. QS is the only woman he loves! QS was shocked and she said she thought that YLK married her because of he wanted to forget about YanYun. She said he should have confessed his love to her earlier so that she can used his love to asked him to revenge to Fu Rong Cai, not like now keep on begging him to revenge. 

@Hapiangle: Thank you so much!! I was eager to know. 

I kind of figured that he wanted to protect her by letting her go, but in the end, he couldn't proceed with his plan. Did QS come back to YLK because she wanted to take revenge on Fu Rong Cai? What exactly did he do? 

It's nice that they still got along even after the intense interactions. It was cute how MHY was teasing QS with her kiss. 

@transkioh, is it only every Wed? i thought was everyday...

i finished episode 20. I am waiting to see what happens next. Seems like QS is (slowly) beginning to accept YLK now that she knows he loves her. But this drama is really ""dark"" in the sense that amidst all the power struggle/fighting, you really dont know who's the good guy/bad guy. Unless of course if you've read the novel...i really like all their costumes. 

7 minutes ago, khawtulover123 said:

I wonder if Qi sang will get pregnant later because I thought I saw a scene from the ending theme song where yi lian Kai was touching her stomach.

Yes, she will get pregnant with YLK's child. 

Hihi, I waited for the drama for a couple of years now. 

I can't believe it's finally airing.

I'd like to share these 2 clips which show Elvis and Sun Yi's offscreen chemistry. They are such buddy buddy but if Yi wasn't dating back then, I wonder if the two would fall for each other...

BTS of the flower field: https://v.qq.com/x/cover/b9ft3bzwn67twwp/s0026kvo098.html?

Interview with game & punishment: https://weibo.com/tv/v/G7CXO2Ek0?fid=1034:aec938153c41c9d7eb3cd2d4772c3430

So I read the novel and it said that Qin Sang was pregnant once and abort it before she has her second baby again. Can some one help clarify for me ?  Did they ever consummate love in their marriage yet at this point of the drama ?sorry I don’t understand Chinese and couldn’t wait any longer for subs so I went ahead and watch it raw. so I basically watch it without understanding what’s going in the drama except used my assumption by the pictures. 

13 hours ago, Hapiangle said:

Haha.. I wonder how can he perform while he is hurt so badly (I think he get a gun shot on his shoulder) :tongue::flushed:

U know the saying goes "good things come to those who waits..", he's been waiting for 2 yrs so no bullet wounds gonna stop him..no pain, no gain..:lol:

On 3/5/2018 at 3:14 AM, Hapiangle said:

Can someone enlighten me, why the wife addresses his husband as " lan bo"? I thought his name was yi lian kai? What does lan bo mean?

I've now written a blog post that explains what Lan Po is and why Qin Sang calls him that. The link is here: https://productiveprocrastinationsite.wordpress.com/2018/03/18/the-secret-behind-yi-lian-kai-yi-lian-shens-names-10-min-read/

Archived