1 minute ago, gracebkk said:

guys.. as much as i hope Sungmin is in his car driving towards JW, why does it seem like it's not the case? Sungmin's expression in the car seems more like he's annoyed towards something/someone rather than worried for that person. And if JW were to try and suicide and JW's friends called Sungmin shouldn't he be worried instead of annoyed (like it's a pain for him)? It just seems off... and if so, I have no idea where Sungmin is heading to.. any guesses?

trying to answer since I can't sleep lol

scenario 1 :

Jiwon called him but she calls him to bring food, etc (when she feels better, but in the healing trip, she accidentally found her hidden past so unexpectedly she becomes even more 'depressed' )

so he was annoyed (i don't know how long the difference between the incident and the healing trip... if it has been weeks, maybe SM think JW is ok now so he doesn't get worried)

scenario 2 :

The scene is before he got a phonecall from the girls (i don't want to say bad stuff happened but hey... but do the girls even know Sungmin, or his number?)

scenario 3 :

the writers trolled us and this is the scene after all the happy endings.....

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
22 minutes ago, gracebkk said:

guys.. as much as i hope Sungmin is in his car driving towards JW, why does it seem like it's not the case? Sungmin's expression in the car seems more like he's annoyed towards something/someone rather than worried for that person. And if JW were to try and suicide and JW's friends called Sungmin shouldn't he be worried instead of annoyed (like it's a pain for him)? It just seems off... and if so, I have no idea where Sungmin is heading to.. any guesses?

Does he really look annoyed to you? To me he looks relaxed instead. Tho it's still off to me even if it's that case.

3 hours ago, riribl said:

Does he really look annoyed to you? To me he looks relaxed instead. Tho it's still off to me even if it's that case.

Could Sungmin actually went and investigate the truth behind Jiwon x Hyojin to prove that it wasn't a lie. Sungmin is one who understand Jiwon the most of all so he probably could the truth behind her action more than the others.

I mean sorry I'm at work so I can't watch any of the clips or so but reading everyone posted, it sound like Jiwon truly believe that her lie had destroy Hyojin's life and it doesn't seem like the full truth have been uncover.

Sungmin is a journalist and he has a lot of connection to get his information like he did for Jiwon regarding EJ's dad in season 1 so I think him driving could be a scenario of him going to Jiwon to tell her the truth. If he look annoyed or in some sense, maybe his expression is that way because this past had affected both people (Hyojin x Jiwon). If it is truly a sexual abuse situation (whether it is Hyojin or Jiwon), the end result is that the perpetrator had ruin both girls' lives and their love one. 

All in all, can I please please please hope for skinship between these two. I don't know it to be left open (so they could have a possibility of a season 3 cause any time there is another sequel, the chance of getting all cast member together are always hard and is a no guarantee)

Edit - just saw preview 12:
From the look of the preview ending of Jiwon at the school, it seem like she went to that particular place that start the ruin of both her and Hyojin life. It look like that particular place is the trigger to her memories. She seem shaken. 

My 2 cents on today episode, watching raw with exception translation here & there :)

1-  Jiwon

I'm very sure there's more to her story. Rather than recalling & getting back her memory, its more of assumptions on what JW knows & what Hyojin's bf said. Somehow what she believed had happened doesn't tally with her situations. Her abrupt change of character for one. How cud a timid wallpaper who hardly speaks to anyone just change to a loud, talkative, making up lies & at time screaming hysterical as what her teacher said? Puberty hits a 9 year-old girl? Has puberty hits even change a person's character to a complete different person? Also her vocal & bold sex talk, asking anyone to have sex with her, yet when its abt to happen, she became paralysed. So what was it all abt? She obviously confident abt her looks & figure, she has no problem dressing like a bomb when she wants to which usually when she's with people she trusted, the girls & SM, yet she choose to wear jeans underneath her knee length dresses, not to mention wearing a tshirt underneath her spaghetti strap dresses, even in summer :rolleyes: So was it all abt? Wanting to loose her virginity yet wearing more layers of dresses than a nun? Really doesn't match. 

And how can a lie coming from a 9 year girl ruin another girl's life? A lie even her teacher either cudnt remember or heard off...if teacher can remember her nonsense lie abt a crocodile on the flowerbed, does it make sense the teacher cannot remember JW's lie that cause HJ to change school? Also if it just a lie created by JW, after changing school surely HJ could just continue with her life, since by right in the new school nobody knows abt the rumor, and if its all still too depressing why didnt HJ's mom confronted JW's parent demanding an apology from JW or even a compensation? Why did HJ's got depressed of a stupid little lie by a 9 year-old? 

So yeah, HJ's life was ruin not becos of JW's little lie & my bet she was rape by the art teacher, & to pacify her, he bought her the pretty shoes. JW flashes of memory often abt her & HJ in the garden, & there's one where HJ's mom was looking for them. Most probably the art teacher told HJ to go to the garden but she took JW with her, since JW didnt talk much, or may be she went somewhere a while only to see the teacher was doing things to HJ when she returned. And perhaps HJ's mom came looking for them saw what happen, only too scared to go to the police becos if so everyone wud know HJ was rape & ruin her reputation. Also may be she warned JW to forget everything she saw or even to forget HJ, which she did. However to forget abt it & also as a way expressing her anger JW started creating story & start talking nonstop & screaming hysterically.

My bet the Snake & the Crocodile in JW's 'lie' referring to the same person, the art teacher. She was trying to tell someone abt the horrible thing the art teacher did but at the same time she was told to forget abt it if she wants to save her friend.

2. Eunjae

I think I have enuf of her clinging on JY. Let's start with the reason she asked JY to break up. Its becos she got angry he hardly reply her messages. She expected he wud beg her not to break up but he agreed a little too eager. From there we know something is wrong & he looks happy despite the break up, it was Eunjae who mopped around while trying hard to get his attention. Its not like he's not affected when saw her dress up prettily but even then couldnt make him go back to her. I think he finally realized looks wont get him anywhere with EJ, becos he was bored to death when with her since they dont have much topic to talk abt. As for EJ, its not so much on being in love with JY but having a cool senior whom most girls wanting date with as a bf. I think that's why they show the interview.

1) They both didnt even know much abt each other

2) They have nothing in common

3) They're mostly attracted to each other's physical appearance

So, its actually a relationship to doom from the start. Now, hopefully EJ can finally pull herself together, and find herself a better guy. She's a nice girl & doesnt deserve a jerk like JY.

There isn't a correct path for victims to deal with the aftermath of a traumatic experience. YE was quite chipper after her abduction last season until she was triggered on the streets when a stranger happened to surprise his girlfriend. It seems like they're all being unhealthily rash, if you ask me, with EJ rushing to jump back into her ex's life again without talking it out and YE trying to change HC. JM keeps her emotions bottled up as always until she doesn't... sigh. i don't think any of the girls are acting anymore realistic or unrealistic than the other, that's just our conventional expectations. Furthermore, JW seems more devastated because she is responsible and the consequences resulting from her actions are more tragic than she could ever imagined. But likewise it's inaccurate to expect victims and survivors to be in permanent shock or depression as it is for them to persevere like that saying goes, what doesn't kill you only makes you stronger.

I also think calling the cops wouldn't help. Not that hyo Jin's lover resorting to violence excuses  his actions, but ultimately he came into their lives more for answers than revenge. Calling the cops to discipline him might actually make him vengeful when he walked away at the end and didn't seem to make further threats. Currently, we don't have a justice institution  anywhere in the world that deals with intricate grey areas like that while we have a bigger system that promotes force and violence in masculinity.

I don't understand Korean but it seems like the girls managed to de-escaculate the threat by sticking together and talking it out rather having JH or a man barge in and rescue them. That's always appreciated. But nonetheless, nothing seems resolved just because they solved the mystery of the letter and aren't in life threatening danger. There's still three episodes left, which is great in terms of the pacing and writing but sad for us :(

@Aya Hong  Agree. The preview for this drama isn't always in order. He seems relaxed.. maybe he is on the way to the farm as well? I hope this crucial moment of Jw missing will make him do something (like hugging her tightly ... hopeful me..sigh)

Feel so bad for Eunjae but Jungyeol is her first love and the first guy that say that he likes her. She is known to be naive and frustrating so i'm not surprised with the way she acts.

i know this turn of event will surely richard simmons viewers from season 1 who are fans of this couple but i think this is. a process for Eunjae to be more mature.

Remember at the end of season 1, when  Eunjae was telling about her family story but sunbae wasn't listening at all. All he thought at that time  was about how to get them stay overnight during their trip. I say no matter how cute their puppy love story was, Jungyeol is just a regular college man who   Isn't reliable yet.

EJ needs to move on. Maybe find a better men like chef dreamy or Sungmin. These two are the best along with JH tagging behind

Hi all!

Didn't manage to catch last night's episode but enjoyed reading the recaps.

I agree with @haymochi - previews are not in order and we have been trolled before (e.g. when we thought YE's ex was back)

And sometimes scenes in the preview are not shown in the next episode!

We'll see what happens tonight. Wasn't there a theory that there are more SM x JW interactions in episodes which air on Saturday?

7 hours ago, haymochi said:

Hmm some viewers are complaining about the scene of Hyojin's oppa and the girls being tied.  They said how can they put this kind of scene when so mamy kids watch this. Why Age of Youth became like this blah blah blah

i guess those people forget or never watched season 1??

this drama is never just sbout happy youth and their cute love story. Even season 1 is pretty dark as well.

We have Kang unnie who works as

a prostitute, Yeeun bf who just sees her as sex object then abused her when she decided to break up, not to mention Yoon sunbae story, and lastly Eunjae horrifying family murder

feel like those people start making noises since this drama got so popular

Er....isn't this drama aired at 11 pm at night? I wonder who these kids are who watch the drama - if they are the ladies ages, they are no longer kids....

Yeah I have to keep reminding myself that Age of Youth isn't rom com, and is a darker slice of life. 

I wasn't able to watch it live yesterday (only managed to see EJ snippets on YT) but boy did my heart break for Eun Jae. We had slight subtle hints that he still somewhat cared for Eun Jae, so this came at a slight surprise. I still don't know why they broke up, if that makes sense. It makes me wonder what their remaining story will  be about e.g. Why they can be never together? Eun Jae needing to find herself? For the both of them to be more open about each other? 

The only thing I can think about is that Eun Jae changed herself too much to please JY due to her overthinking and making up assumptions, and lost herself in the process. Or that JY wasn't a compatible match for her and only saw that she was pretty? 

I still haven't seen the snippets of Ji won's story since I'm too scared to see Ji Won sad :( I need to see the full episode, once I have the  time. 

@kasjady i feel so bad for Eunjae. I thought JY sunbae still likes her too.. wonder why he rejected her? Eunjae really lost herself just trying to win him back. Her characteristic is turning into Yeeun in season 1. I hope he gets over this break up soon and find more suited guy for her. I only wish knetz to stop bashing her

as for SM  driving scene in the preview. My scenario:

JM suggests the girls to take a healing trip meaning they have to take a leave of from work and schools,  The girls will be telling this to their boys casually... Yeeun gonna ask Hochang to go with her. JM ask Heimdal to go for refreshing as she treats him like a younger brother), JH of course tags along whenever Eun goes , JW tells everything to SM so the worried SM said he will go too after finishing his works.

hence the scene of him driving in the car relax. . When he arrived there, the girls are all panicking because JW is missing. The worried SM thinks where she might go.. and it's Jw old school. So he will be the first one to find her 

lol lol lol :tongue:

4 hours ago, lxands said:

My 2 cents on today episode, watching raw with exception translation here & there :)

1-  Jiwon

I'm very sure there's more to her story. Rather than recalling & getting back her memory, its more of assumptions on what JW knows & what Hyojin's bf said. Somehow what she believed had happened doesn't tally with her situations. Her abrupt change of character for one. How cud a timid wallpaper who hardly speaks to anyone just change to a loud, talkative, making up lies & at time screaming hysterical as what her teacher said? Puberty hits a 9 year-old girl? Has puberty hits even change a person's character to a complete different person?

My bet the Snake & the Crocodile in JW's 'lie' referring to the same person, the art teacher. She was trying to tell someone abt the horrible thing the art teacher did but at the same time she was told to forget abt it if she wants to save her friend.

Sorry to cut your post short but I definitely agree. There is still a mystery to Jiwon past (and hopefully we can uncover it soon since my heart break for Jiwon today. We lost our cheerful girl today). But back to this mystery since there is something that bothers me about it and this is just all ASSUMPTION. Hopefully we'll unravel the truth tomorrow on it. 

The encounter with the teacher as you mention about Jiwon yelling lies (and this occur after the "trauma" happen as she went through a 360 change) of:
"There is a crocodile in the flower bed" 
"There is a snake in the art room"

Crocodile and snakes are both predator which makes me wonder if she is victimize and her shouting it could 1) direct towards the art teacher (the prepatrator) OR 2) it is a direct towards 2 people (the snake in the art room = art teacher; the crocodile in the flower bed =hyojin since they play there). 

I mean Jiwon was a shy and timid person that from flashback, one would wonder how she even took initiative to make friends. Was it Hyojin that approach her and become friendly with her? If so, was it out of pure friendship OR was there a motive behind it? Did Hyojin took Jiwon to the garden to meet the art teacher in whichever happen made Jiwon a victim? 

The crocodile could be a reference to Hyojin who had betrayed Jiwon? I mean if Hyojin was the victim, I don't think Jiwon would had kept mum about it (especially since Hyojin is her friend). She would had told her parent, the teacher...and more than that, she would not lose memories of such a trauma and friend. And even if Hyojin had move, Jiwon would kept in contact. And as you mention, Jiwon freezes up when she truly come upon an actual sexual encounter with the opposite sex whereas Hyojin seem to be intimate with the man (who she ask to kill someone for her).

I do think Jiwon is the victim in which she block those memories out. The friend she attend the wedding had mention the rumor that Hyojin left school because of rumors - of naked drawing or so. In that sense, was it of Jiwon? Did the art teacher make Jiwon undress and Hyojin did nothing to stop that result in her locking away that painful memory that involve a friend's betrayal? Was Hyojin betrayal that change her to keep her friends at arm level (hence she never tell people about herself or her inner thoughts and feelings except Sungmin). Did the rumor that cause Hyojin to transfer due to karma (that the art teacher made her took the fall) and the art teacher did not face any repercussion? 

Hence made Jiwon become who she is today. Although she lies, her inner character is a seeker of truth and justice (hence she choses the profession of journalism). To seek out the truth and punish those deserving of punishing? 

Which is why this ordeal that jeopardize her and everyone made her belief she doesn't deserve to be in such a profession (that truth award isn't deserving for her) as she had ruin someone's life (per belief)? 

Granted, this is assumption and Hyojin may be the victim herself. All in all, whatever happen truly did change the fate of these two girls. Hyojin spiral fate of bad fortunate could be one of guilt, that she (could be in the belief) that she is undeserving to be happy for what she had cause Jiwon (and never come to term or let go of her past) until she saw Jiwon who is happy and cheerful, living life that made her depress, that all this time while she is living guilty for nothing. (I think I am looking at Hyojin more to be similar like Yi-na in which a past had lock them to being who they are until they truly confront and face their demons. Yi-na face her demon whereas Hyojin never did. The art teacher could had lied to her into believing that she ruin Jiwon hence like Jiwon is now, feeling undeserving of living life. She may had met Jiwon and realize it had all been a lied and could had ask that guy to kill someone - that someone being her art teacher?

Whatever the case may be, both girls have been victims.

Sorry guys, I'm just rambling around on this mystery! Can't wait until tomorrow :) It's like a guessing game.

I have a feeling there's something not right with the story..

I don't think hyojin could have killed herself because of jiwon liars..jiwon becomes a liar after hyojin was transferred to other school..

Sungmin always guesses right,they should make a cross check to see if the story they know is the truth..

4 hours ago, haymochi said:

Remember at the end of season 1, when  Eunjae was telling about her family story but sunbae wasn't listening at all. All he thought at that time  was about how to get them stay overnight during their trip. I say no matter how cute their puppy love story was, Jungyeol is just a regular college man who   Isn't reliable yet.

EJ needs to move on. Maybe find a better men like chef dreamy or Sungmin. These two are the best along with JH tagging behind

Yes, I remember how eager he was thinking abt how to propose & convince EJ to go for an overnight trip with him. He might think EJ is easy just becos she's naive. Its no doubt he's physically attracted to EJ, he still does even in season 2, when we saw him fumble when EJ all doll up but he's not in love with her. Also I suspect he failed to sleep with EJ, becos despite seemingly innocent, EJ is quite a stubborn character & isnt someone who can be tramped over, which also I suspect the reason JY lost interest in her.

However I still want for EJ to meet someone new in this season, at least dated soneone cooler than JY, making JY eating his heart out for being a jerk, but with another 3 episodes to go I sespect we gonna see a single EJ to the end...unless Heimdall & EJ fall for each other. For sure JM & HD relationship isnt romantic kind, its more like siblings, or at least JM feels responsible for HD, just like she does for all the Belle Epoque's girls.

Eun Jae-Heimdal??? I'm on board with these 2 naive puppies lol.

for JY either he is already sick of her  since his attraction to her was because she is cute, pretty , and naive.  The other nice reason might be her changing too much that made JY fell out of love. 

I was anxious for JW in ep 12 preview but i was laughing at the same time cos of yoon Sunbae. She is a total mum.. seems exhausting to keep looking for her lost puppies who run around all the time :tongue:

I believe chef cameo isn't finished yet. He will def appear again

3 hours ago, haymochi said:

@kasjady i feel so bad for Eunjae. I thought JY sunbae still likes her too.. wonder why he rejected her? Eunjae really lost herself just trying to win him back. Her characteristic is turning into Yeeun in season 1. I hope he gets over this break up soon and find more suited guy for her. I only wish knetz to stop bashing her

as for SM  driving scene in the preview. My scenario:

JM suggests the girls to take a healing trip meaning they have to take a leave of from work and schools,  The girls will be telling this to their boys casually... Yeeun gonna ask Hochang to go with her. JM ask Heimdal to go for refreshing as she treats him like a younger brother), JH of course tags along whenever Eun goes , JW tells everything to SM so the worried SM said he will go too after finishing his works.

hence the scene of him driving in the car relax. . When he arrived there, the girls are all panicking because JW is missing. The worried SM thinks where she might go.. and it's Jw old school. So he will be the first one to find her 

lol lol lol :tongue:

Im totally agree on this hahaha, thats what i think of, hopefully!

i miss my chef jaewan!

2 hours ago, lxands said:

Yes, I remember how eager he was thinking abt how to propose & convince EJ to go for an overnight trip with him. He might think EJ is easy just becos she's naive. Its no doubt he's physically attracted to EJ, he still does even in season 2, when we saw him fumble when EJ all doll up but he's not in love with her. Also I suspect he failed to sleep with EJ, becos despite seemingly innocent, EJ is quite a stubborn character & isnt someone who can be tramped over, which also I suspect the reason JY lost interest in her.

However I still want for EJ to meet someone new in this season, at least dated soneone cooler than JY, making JY eating his heart out for being a jerk, but with another 3 episodes to go I sespect we gonna see a single EJ to the end...unless Heimdall & EJ fall for each other. For sure JM & HD relationship isnt romantic kind, its more like siblings, or at least JM feels responsible for HD, just like she does for all the Belle Epoque's girls.

hahaha that's pretty cute EJ x HM. 

She'll need some time to let go of everything, but yeah once she's at peace - I'd love to see her with someone else. There's that guy she had a blind date with as well, or even Yul Bin who she had a crush for though he's friends with her ex so.... :(

There's still a bit of me that wants them to really solve it out, poor girl still doesn't know what went wrong. EJ situation reminds me so much of my close friend's recent break up, she still doesn't know why they broke up and keeps beating herself up that she wasn't attractive enough :(

I think I'll wait til subtitles come out to get a full picture of what happened to the girls, and watch snippets on Youtube (if it's subbed). 

This was a very heavy episode and I am in the glorious position of being able to understand all of it. Mwahahahahahha. Thank you, past stubborn self for sitting down and putting in the work to learn Korean. Heavy episode, but very necessary. Anyway, the clips on Youtube have all been subtitled!

For now, I'm most worried about JiWon. But JiWon's matter won't go away until she remembers what exactly happened and she gains her strength to face it. Not sure what SungMin's expression is supposed to mean in the preview but I bet the amateur journalist went off to do some "cross-check". JiWon ah! You fail as a reporter, just basing your conclusion on a lot of assumptions. But I understand, you have a lot on your plate. I dunno if the two of them will be a couple by the end of this season but they're already soulmates, even better than just being a couple. I hope JiWon becomes a reporter too. She seems very passionate about the profession (even if it seems like she never cracked open her books to study). Then maybe she and SungMin can be partners again, LOL.

EunJae's worrying me right now, with the rejection from JongYeol. She reacting too hard to it and I was legit horrified when she offered to sleep with JongYeol just to get him back. Gurl, he's right - you're making yourself pathetic. I don't doubt that JongYeol genuinely liked her too when they were a couple but I know why he's refusing to get back together even though it seems like he still likes her. Or maybe it's just residual pain from seeing his the person he once liked lowering herself like that. She was the one who broke it off, he doesn't know why they broke off but once it's the end, they're not getting back together again unless they know why they broke up in the first place otherwise this is gonna be some on-off-on-off relationship where they're dancing around each other and that's tiring and miserable. The two know NOTHING about each other.  

Eun my baby is taking steps!!!!!!! Please, lower the gates to your heavily fortified heart!

HoChang and his willingness to let YeWon play her fantasies on him seems like he's perfect for her. YeWon strikes me as the kind to want to be the best girlfriend, wife, mother - a people pleaser - and who'd be better suited to her than a guy who's just game for anything? At least she doesn't have to change for him because he'll just accept everything she does. I just hope she doesn't change him too much to the extent that he becomes resentful, lol, with the way she's steamrolling all over him. Take a break YeWon. You can be a bit intense...

I was annoyed that Chef's cameo only amounted a few text messages. Oi. I wanted to see this mature couple at least standing together in the same screenshot, not divided by a line! JinMyung's like the mommy of the group, pulling everyone together and nurturing them all, even the very stubborn Heimdal. But even Mommy needs someone to lean on once in a while!

I'll be watching live today too!!!!! Can't wait!

Archived