[Taiwanese BL Drama 2017] HIStory Series (My Hero, 離我遠一點, 著魔)

Cedric Ong

• Replies 287
  • Created
  • Last Reply
22 hours ago, Cedric Ong said:

The 2 leads kissed in ep 4...though might turn out to be a dream or imagination, haha. The kiss scene :

This scene from Crossing Lines broke the internet with all the fans squealing in delight but admittedly, this was not my most favourite scene in episode 4. The best scene, I felt, was the longing stare in the bedroom when YH held ZX for a little longer than usual. I think that is the exact point which kinda tells the audience that both boys have started developing feelings for each other.

Funnily enough, most people also loved the love-making scenes for Right or Wrong in Episode 8 but the best scenes I felt were in episodes 6 and 7, when Shi Yi Jie confessed his feelings to Fei Sheng Je in the former, and when Fei Sheng Je steadfastly held on to Shi Yi Jie in front of Zhou Xin Ru while Xin Ru was trying to "convince" Sheng Je to let go of Yi Jie.

I love how daring the making-out scenes were, don't get me wrong, but guess I just love the romance as compared to them.

5 hours ago, slapmyselfsilly84 said:

I love how daring the making-out scenes were, don't get me wrong, but guess I just love the romance as compared to them.

Ya, taiwan dramas are more direct in expressing the romantic feelings and not try to hide behind bromance/brotherly relationship like in china mainland dramas which i can understand is due to the censorship there....so quite a few BL adaptations (from novels) have to be toned down...pity the original novels.

The make-out scenes...it's exciting to watch...but i also don't mind if it's just kisses (at least that and pls be natural in doing so) and some hugs.

5 hours ago, Cedric Ong said:

Ya, taiwan dramas are more direct in expressing the romantic feelings and not try to hide behind bromance/brotherly relationship like in china mainland dramas which i can understand is due to the censorship there....so quite a few BL adaptations (from novels) have to be toned down...pity the original novels.

The make-out scenes...it's exciting to watch...but i also don't mind if it's just kisses (at least that and pls be natural in doing so) and some hugs.

I would agree with the directness - there is very little fluff in Taiwan  dramas. Also the actors tend to me older and go all in whether str8 or gay.  I can appreciated the commitment to the role.  I also can appreciate an original story - rather than adaptation of some tween novel. LOL... and yeah that kiss scene ( they must have watched TWM..LOL ) they didn't hold back - as a guy, it was refreshing to see.  Leave the noble idocracy for the " other " dramas.

On 3/17/2018 at 6:43 AM, deltos said:

I would agree with the directness - there is very little fluff in Taiwan  dramas. Also the actors tend to me older and go all in whether str8 or gay.  I can appreciated the commitment to the role.  I also can appreciate an original story - rather than adaptation of some tween novel. LOL... and yeah that kiss scene ( they must have watched TWM..LOL ) they didn't hold back - as a guy, it was refreshing to see.  Leave the noble idocracy for the " other " dramas.

Yeah, but Taiwan dramas could use a little Thai sweetness at times... :wink:

Hi

I've a question,  maybe it will seem stupid but i'm wondering.

It hasn't been a long time since I start watching BL series but there are some with the story about two "brothers" (after remariage of their parents) who fall in love :

- Addicted (China)

- My Bromance (Thailand)

- HIStory 1 and 2 Stay away from me and Crossing the lines  (Taiwan)

And maybe others that I don't know or forget. 

Where it comes from, in my country we don't have this kind of story!

Adam is back !!!

Engsub BL Crossing The Line EP 06

My new YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCcXzOmneoMnICZnr9dWX9Gg

2 hours ago, mellialuna said:

Hi

I've a question,  maybe it will seem stupid but i'm wondering.

It hasn't been a long time since I start watching BL series but there are some with the story about two "brothers" (after remariage of their parents) who fall in love :

- Addicted (China)

- My Bromance (Thailand)

- HIStory 1 and 2 Stay away from me and Crossing the lines  (Taiwan)

And maybe others that I don't know or forget. 

Where it comes from, in my country we don't have this kind of story!

Hi...just wondering what is your question ?  

1 hour ago, mellialuna said:

Sorry if it wasn't clear:)

Is it from BL manga? Is it common story, even in the no asian BL stories, or is it just a coincidence with my examples. 

it's a theme that you often see in BL Novels and Yaoi Manga's or even original screenplays like the HIStory series. There are some like this theme that transfers over to BL series and you will see often  and others...  that thankfully stay in the Novels and Yaoi Manga's.

Spoiler

like rape 

57 minutes ago, mellialuna said:

Thank you for your answer.

So it's only on BL stories, not in boy/girl story!?

To be honest, I can't tell you about boy/girl stories...I'm gay and only do boy/boy stories. :) I'm sure there are a couple posters here who do read/watch both and can help you a bit more with boy/girl stories and the themes/tropes you might find.  I'm not going to say they are the same because I really don't know.   Sorry:(

This type of non-blood-related "siblings" romance happen in straight romance stories too. Besides a 2nd marriage btw their parents...other 2 scenerio are adoption and on a lesser note, godchild...where the child's parents are still alive and married...but he or she accept another elder person as godmother or godfather...then sometimes he or she would greet that person's children as godbro or sis.

In asian culture...these type of relationships....even not blood-related....there is stigma to fall in love with each other...since they are supposed to treat each other as siblings (and often address each other as bro or sis).

So no matter BL or straight romance....this type of conflict makes the story interesting. It is like the older girlfriend younger boyfriend thing....this is often used in asian stories more than in western ones. 

9 hours ago, Cedric Ong said:

In asian culture...these type of relationships....even not blood-related....there is stigma to fall in love with each other...since they are supposed to treat each other as siblings (and often address each other as bro or sis).

I'm pretty sure there's a stigma on that kind of relationship in any culture...

10 hours ago, baw74 said:

I'm pretty sure there's a stigma on that kind of relationship in any culture...

I agree. Just that i notice the asian or at least chinese stories (as in novels, dramas, movies) seem to use that plot a lot. Same for the older-woman-younger-guy plot. Last time used to be more of financial difference (rich guy, poor girl) plot. I mean they like more dramatic stuff rather than just the 2 chars having character differences and normal quarrels.

I'm really impressed with the actor who plays the younger brother. So much detail in his expression!

Also, what better way to wait for next Tuesday to come by watching all the episodes again! :D

If you can watch from the official site, please help stream on chocotv: HIStory2-越界 Ep1

Apparently there's a pledge to shave the volleyball team captain's head if they get 5M :D (if you need more reason to rewatch XD

Archived