[Taiwanese BL Drama 2017] HIStory Series (My Hero, 離我遠一點, 著魔)

Cedric Ong

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 287
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Official Theme Song and Music Video for Dark Blue & Moonlight released!

Title: Dark Blue & Moonlight Web Series

Release Date: November 21th

Production: Taiwan

By the director of History: Obsessed (Adiamond Lee)

Cast: 王庭勻 Tom, 陳彥名 Aric Chen, 黃庭軒 Tim Huang, 林柏叡 Charles, 詹雅涵 Jennifer

Story: Four men get tangled up in love

you can watch the MV with eng subtitle lyrics HERE

As for HIStory Season 1: The director of Obsessed, Adiamond Lee, and Teddy (Ren You Cheng) were in Japan at the premiere of the series in cinemas there. Bernard also called in via facetime to congratulate Adiamond Lee and wish the audience fun watching the series:

fCqJdYPt_o.jpg

Apart from Teddy and Bernard posting individual promo videos for Obsessed in Japan, sadly, I think they're done with HIStory.

Some of the cast in HIStory season 2.

i'm thinking of starting new threads for this....as well as Deep Blue and Moonlight drama. Maybe abit later when more free.

But to be frank...looking at the visuals of the cast for both dramas...i don't feel the same feel as in HIStory Season 1...and also not the same as Addicted, Advanced Bravely etc. Maybe not fair to comment so early.

On 10/29/2017 at 7:05 PM, Cedric Ong said:

Some of the cast in HIStory season 2.

i'm thinking of starting new threads for this....as well as Deep Blue and Moonlight drama. Maybe abit later when more free.

But to be frank...looking at the visuals of the cast for both dramas...i don't feel the same feel as in HIStory Season 1...and also not the same as Addicted, Advanced Bravely etc. Maybe not fair to comment so early.

If I may say... I think you should keep your updates about History S2 here, because this is HIStory thread. If you can just add in the name S1 and S2, that would be okay and about other drama, I really don't know... let's wait for premiere or when you get some free time, do make a thread.

I wouldn't go and talk about HIStory S2, just yet... it's too early. There isn't really much about HIStory S2, only plots that I've read and some do sound interesting... so, when they do come out, we will see and then tell if it's any good. Usually not one to make comparisons with other, really well done, BL dramas.... because then I know I'll get disappointed. 

That other drama got the release date, it's 21st of November. I hope someone will sub it~ Is there no detailed plot about that drama? I saw MV and I can't say that I was impressed with it... still I'll check it out :D 

• 2 weeks later...
On 18/11/2017 at 3:23 PM, meifang89 said:

When History season 2 will be released? :o

The last time read is in dec. Will check again.

But also read that now only 2 stories instead of the initially planned 3. The older-younger cp and the volleyball players stories remain...but skip the gangster-policeman story.

53 minutes ago, Cedric Ong said:

The last time read is in dec. Will check again.

But also read that now only 2 stories instead of the initially planned 3. The older-younger cp and the volleyball players stories remain...but skip the gangster-policeman story.

That's too bad. The gangster-policeman story sounds the most interesting one :mellow:

2 hours ago, Cedric Ong said:

I suspect it is harder to film...esp police scenes...either budget, props or maybe...the reputation of police...for portraying a gay char.

You're right... It can be controversial... -_-

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/22/2017 at 7:51 AM, Cedric Ong said:

Some pics which i like or not seen b4.

006ugv3gly1fepjna5vk5j31bk0qon13.jpg

72c61a0cgy1fet480hqj9j21120kuwnj.jpg

72c61a0cgy1fet49e8nt1j20rs0flmyv.jpg

Hide contents

He touched his ear.....

72c61a0cgy1fet48mep3nj20rs0ijwhp.jpg

And he touched his back....

72c61a0cgy1fet4830wyxj20m80h841g.jpg

Some fans went to search for the filming locations....

72c61a0cgy1fepy7amuo7j20rs0kuq9e.jpg

72c61a0cgy1fepy7lepyqj21120kun1o.jpg

72c61a0cgy1fec7lhabumj21bf0qo7cs.jpg

just saw this last night so good!!! i wish we see more of teddy in the future!!

Just a quick update. HIStory 2nd season will only be shown in Q1 of 2018. And as mentioned b4, 2 different stories.

https://zh.wikipedia.org/wiki/HIStory2

@nammminn

Glad u watched it.

Browsed abit on Teddy's facebook, seems like he travelled abit in recent months. One place was Japan when they showed the drama in some cinema and he was there for promotions. No news of any new acting projects.

https://www.facebook.com/任祐成-1435391590045753/

Was hoping he would travel with Bernard b'cos in his webchat many mths ago, he said something about Bernard inviting him to Malaysia....Bernard is Malaysian.

Btw Bernard used to be called Sen Jun 森竣....has just changed his name to Lin Jun 林駿.

https://www.facebook.com/BernardLinJun/

13 hours ago, deltos said:

@Cedric Ong I think if anyone would know...you would. Dude, I'm  Looking for the novel that Dark Blue is adapted from or is this an original screenplay ?  

Thanks

It is original screenplay by this female screenwriter Wu Luo Ying. She ever won  a screenplay award in the Taiwan Golden Bell awards for 白色巨塔 The Hospital (direct translation would be White Tower) in 2006. Another well-known work is 痞子英雄 Black & White in 2009.

http://wiki.d-addicts.com/Wu_Luo_Ying

1 hour ago, meifang89 said:

Because the season 2 just has 2 stories they will have more episodes in each story right? :o

I know they originally plan 3 stories then in the end (i dont know why) they only film 2. Whether they would "expand" the episodes for the two stories...i don't know.

The below page with some pics...mention preview event and fan meeting in jan/feb 2018 in taipei...introduce main actors and the directors....then end of page is gifts to sponsors...think they did crowdfunding in produce this drama.

https://www.webackers.com/Proposal/Display/1162?tab=intro&utm_source=instagram&utm_medium=owned&utm_campaign=HIStory_IG群募連結&utm_content=chocotv_instagram#socialshare

20 hours ago, Cedric Ong said:

I know they originally plan 3 stories then in the end (i dont know why) they only film 2. Whether they would "expand" the episodes for the two stories...i don't know.

The below page with some pics...mention preview event and fan meeting in jan/feb 2018 in taipei...introduce main actors and the directors....then end of page is gifts to sponsors...think they did crowdfunding in produce this drama.

https://www.webackers.com/Proposal/Display/1162?tab=intro&utm_source=instagram&utm_medium=owned&utm_campaign=HIStory_IG群募連結&utm_content=chocotv_instagram#socialshare

They should expand it for us fans... :mellow:

The pictures intrigue me already moreover there's kid involve :) Crowfunding? They didn't get enough sponsor or support from tv station? 

41 minutes ago, meifang89 said:

They should expand it for us fans... :mellow:

The pictures intrigue me already moreover there's kid involve :) Crowfunding? They didn't get enough sponsor or support from tv station? 

I remember for 1st series....one article mention for some themes eg BL, hard to get grants from govt or media ministry.

Those pics with kid is for the 1st story...about a younger guy in love with an older guy who was previously married with a kid. So perhaps besides the age gap, also about the kid accepting him.

To me, BL stories got 2 types....one is exploring the dilemma over being homo and facing social and family objections. The other type is like the homo part is not the focus...instead they will treat it as any straight relationship and face the same issues like big age gap or got a child...or maybe rich and poor etc.

2nd story is about a group of teens with a volleyball theme.

Archived