[Mainland Chinese Drama 2018] Only Side By Side With You 南方有乔木

sugarplum892

William Chan 'Only Side by Side with You'  shows detailed acting - single episode online  views surpassed 270 million.

In recent days, the drama 'Only Side by Side with You'  led by William Chan, which had crossed the 200 million online views for a single episode earlier, set another high record for itself with 270 million views. After leading the online viewing chart for two consecutive weeks, its current cumulative online views  on the entire network has reached 3 billion!

In the episode aired last night, the male lead Shi Yue who was played by William Chan returned all the property he obtained in the last 7 years to An Ning. With a single sentence “let's not meet again”, he brought an end to this complicated long relationship, and it was also extremely heart-wrenching.

With the development of the plot, the protagonist's emotions were gradually revealed, and the scene which Shi Yue hid under the table in the wine cellar table in tears brought much heartache to netizens, as this was the first time viewers see a usually calm and composed Shi Yue shedding tears.

William Chan's brilliant performance has once again been praised by the viewers. From the frustration he displayed when hiding under the table to his deliberate  hateful words towards Nan Qiao after that, he brought out Shi Yue's inner feelings perfectly. It was reported that this "Wine Cellar crying scene" was suggested by William himself. Not only did he showed detailed acting skills, his interpretation of Shi Yue's loneliness, determination, perseverance, and love displayed a deep understanding the character itself.

W020180409675026625220.jpeg

source : http://news.xnnews.com.cn/ylxw/rdzx/201804/t20180409_2995803.shtml

translated by  : prettysup

• Replies 343
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@Prettysup  thanks for sharing posts from China. I'm one of those billions of online viewers. Catch the live stream from live.jstv.com any day my work schedule allows. Even with minimal understanding of the words, I want to see what's happening next. I wonder how many of those billions of viewers are international fans? I think this drama makes China look spectacular.

3 hours ago, ihyw said:

@Prettysup  thanks for sharing posts from China. I'm one of those billions of online viewers. Catch the live stream from live.jstv.com any day my work schedule allows. Even with minimal understanding of the words, I want to see what's happening next. I wonder how many of those billions of viewers are international fans? I think this drama makes China look spectacular.

Thank you so much for providing link to the live stream. I have been looking for it like crazy as I absolutely love this show ... or rather I pretty much love anything William Chan is in. I live in the US. What time is this on live?

24 minutes ago, HillaryTnT said:

Thank you so much for providing link to the live stream. I have been looking for it like crazy as I absolutely love this show ... or rather I pretty much love anything William Chan is in. I live in the US. What time is this on live?

Hi. 7:30 p.m. in China daily. Here it's 7:30 a.m. EST.  Usually two episodes, with first ending around 8:10 I think. Then about 15 minutes of commercials. Then the next episode. Everything done around 9. 

Love it how he squeezed her hand and didn't want to let go in eps 29.

Conversation in their minds.

Shi Yue - Love you so much!!!

Nan Qiao - I am so sorry. I still love you.

Shi Yue - Sorry!!! Don't go.. Don't go...

Nan Qiao - Stay strong, I must let go but I love you.

Shi Yue - You are mine, I will love you forever.

Haha... Don't say u didn't think the same way. :wub:

10 hours ago, ihyw said:

Yeah I also watch from the link u shared whenever I can, but I am not sure whether we are counted as online views or not as I saw someone saying that only the views from 3 websites are included in the statistics - iQiyi, Youku and Tencent? 

8 hours ago, dramaninja said:

He keep pushing her away in the next 2 episodes but I am sure he is going to break soon.

The other lady has to know at this point he will never be interested in her.

You know when Hao Jie said he will get sick soon, I hope it comes true! I like my heroes sick/injured haha...

1 hour ago, vlvl1 said:

Love it how he squeezed her hand and didn't want to let go in eps 29.

Conversation in their minds.

Shi Yue - Love you so much!!!

Nan Qiao - I am so sorry. I still love you.

Shi Yue - Sorry!!! Don't go.. Don't go...

Nan Qiao - Stay strong, I must let go but I love you.

Shi Yue - You are mine, I will love you forever.

Haha... Don't say u didn't think the same way. :wub:

Haha yah, the way he held on to her hand spoke so much...

E. 25 - 27:-

Er--that's right. Whenever crossing the road & an approaching motorcycle comes, one must NOT move out of the way:rolleyes: Drama logic people:tongue: 

Shi Yue is returning everything to An Lady & resolves to starting from scratch to the expense of losing Nan Qiao. Chang continues to be a hypocrite - hated how self-righteous he sounded during the "big reveal". Not surprised tbh I expected it. I like the loyalty of Shi Yue's 2 wingmen:D

I LoL at the scene where Shi Yue lifted An Lady from the press-con 'cause in BTS poor William struggled a LOT:lol: all that time spent in gym couldn't help YO. He was suppose to lift Nan Qiao as well after the accident but I guess William is tired HA. 

Thanks to @Prettysup again for the posts, interviews etc. You could sense mutual admiration between Hai Lu/William. For her to acknowledge him is high praise indeed. 

55 minutes ago, Latte_Anyday said:

E. 25 - 27:-

Er--that's right. Whenever crossing the road & an approaching motorcycle comes, one must NOT move out of the way:rolleyes: Drama logic people:tongue: 

Shi Yue is returning everything to An Lady & resolves to starting from scratch to the expense of losing Nan Qiao. Chang continues to be a hypocrite - hated how self-righteous he sounded during the "big reveal". Not surprised tbh I expected it. I like the loyalty of Shi Yue's 2 wingmen:D

I LoL at the scene where Shi Yue lifted An Lady from the press-con 'cause in BTS poor William struggled a LOT:lol: all that time spent in gym couldn't help YO. He was suppose to lift Nan Qiao as well after the accident but I guess William is tired HA. 

Thanks to @Prettysup again for the posts, interviews etc. You could sense mutual admiration between Hai Lu/William. For her to acknowledge him is high praise indeed. 

Yah I think they finally decided that calling an ambulance for NQ is better than asking William to carry her haha...

Today episodes were actually sweet with them and the kids ,also some good progress between the 2 but still not quite there she still pissed of course.

He help her find her drone then they spend the days with some adorable kids.

They were like  a big family. :heart:

Some creep was taking pictures of them of course. :ph34r:

7 hours ago, dramaninja said:

Today episodes were actually sweet with them and the kids ,also some good progress between the 2 but still not quite there she still pissed of course.

He help her find her drone then they spend the days with some adorable kids.

They were like  a big family. :heart:

Some creep was taking pictures of them of course. :ph34r:

I dont quite get it actually because i only watched till ep 29, and they haven't reconciled yet. Can you give me some spoiler either they will make up in the next ep? Thankyou :)

21 minutes ago, ShiennyF said:

I dont quite get it actually because i only watched till ep 29, and they haven't reconciled yet. Can you give me some spoiler either they will make up in the next ep? Thankyou :)

I dont understand Chinese but it seems a kid took a drone of hers I guess to show his sister who is in a wheel chair.SY help her track the kids down ,when they found them they talk to the kids in you know a motherly and fatherly.

I guess hey decided to take the kids to the park to fly the drone,it look like a typical family seems when everyone laughing and such it was sweet.

Someone was taking pictures of them having fun  must have been by the other lady :crazy:

After they drop the kids off they went to his bar and had some wine with rose petals, they talk in a more pleasant matter not sure about what then she left abruptly.

Then he co coarse flashback to the times he hurt her and was in deep thought.

38 minutes ago, dramaninja said:

I dont understand Chinese but it seems a kid took a drone of hers I guess to show his sister who is in a wheel chair.SY help her track the kids down ,when they found them they talk to the kids in you know a motherly and fatherly.

I guess hey decided to take the kids to the park to fly the drone,it look like a typical family seems when everyone laughing and such it was sweet.

Someone was taking pictures of them having fun  must have been by the other lady :crazy:

After they drop the kids off they went to his bar and had some wine with rose petals, they talk in a more pleasant matter not sure about what then she left abruptly.

Ah, so they haven't solved their problem yet. It's weird how SY suddenly helped her track it down :')

39 minutes ago, dramaninja said:

I don't understand Chinese either but the way NQ took the money out of her purse and put it on the bar for her drink before she left him bbrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!  Cold!!!! And sad, too.  I also don't understand why SY isn't worried about NQ getting attacked again by Gangster Chick if he chooses to spend time with her. Why say all the hateful hurtful stuff he said to her if he can't leave her alone. 

13 minutes ago, ShiennyF said:

Ah, so they haven't solved their problem yet. It's weird how SY suddenly helped her track it down :')

I am sure there is a reason but I dont understand  it yet lol.

1 minute ago, ihyw said:

I don't understand Chinese either but the way NQ took the money out of her purse and put it on the bar for her drink before she left him bbrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!  Cold!!!! And sad, too.  I also don't understand why SY isn't worried about NQ getting attacked again by Gangster Chick if he chooses to spend time with her. Why say all the hateful hurtful stuff he said to her if he can't leave her alone. 

I mean he loves her of course  its going to be hard to stay away.

9 minutes ago, dramaninja said:

I am sure there is a reason but I dont understand  it yet lol.

I mean he loves her of course  its going to be hard to stay away.

Yes, I agree! I can't wait to see them happy together

2 hours ago, dramaninja said:

With my limited mandarin here is a summary of their conversation at the bar. They were discussing abt how they met, how she spent her time working and finally find someone she liked. How she got drunk before getting a clear look of SY. He told her not to get drunk and she reply she will not get drunk again. She pulls out her money to pay for his drink and he ask why? NQ said you are my competitor and walks away from him. Like we r done...

SY friend said NQ is leaving. SY said with a heavy heart...yes, she left. 

——

His love of his life is walking away from him. Very sad. Love the song following with all those flashbacks again...

——

I love seeing them together but man they have so little screen time. We need more. You see and feel the yearning that they have for each other. I really hope they can get over this part soon bez the makeup session is so crazy. Hot sex...Lol :wub:

Again, I can’t stop myself abt these flashbacks bez we already seen them. If flashback then show us stuff that we have not seen. Flashbacks r just filter in their drama to make it longer. Boo

But, William so cute!!! Hahaha

Archived