0ly40

54 minutes ago, sharreb said:

Surely with this much love for JiWook and Bonghee SBS will give them award for

- Best couple

- Best Kiss

And also hope they get nods for

- top male actor for miniseries

- top female actor for miniseries

Wish Dongha recieves one too, like best new actor. 

• Replies 9.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Saw a comment in youtube and it says that in instagram NJH said that they were too busy taking pics with th staff at the wrap up party that they didn't get a picture amongst the cast...she also disappointed that she wasn't able to have a picture with JCW so she hopes someday they'll get one. 

I don't know if this comment is credible and trustworthy. But I hope that is the case. By the way wrap up party does not only revolves around the actors but also a celebration for the staffs who works hard behind the scenes. So I understand that the actors is giving the spotlight to the staffs rather than to co-actors. 

The cast and the staff have a great chemistry and great friendship created through this drama and I'm happy for them to find each other and be able to bring happiness to each other and to us.

Thanks again SP.

P.s. I can't thank SP enough for making my k drama watching experience memorable and worth my time so I might come back here from time to time to just say thanks wahahahahaha XD

7 hours ago, rhienz said:

In the first bed scene, almost all of us didn't see that coming, right. But when it happened and we looked back scenes after scenes before that, writer-nim sure built those scenes as a path for it to happen. Thus we got that *fire* night.

And so in the last bed scene (we know that it did happened, right. kkk) the writer-nim sure walked in the same path as the first one :
- The day started in the court when JW read HS's sentence as life inprisonment, then the judge ruled him as so. BH was cleared from murdering Hae-joon, thus approved as innocence. That glance and smile she gave JW, then the proud smile he gave BH as an exchange. What greater cause than that. He's truly her unchangeable saviour. *so poignant*
- Then that passing hand holding and congratulation he gave BH. *butterflies*
- The happiness BH gave her mother. BH remembered JW's sad face when he said he couldn't do anything about BH Appa's case, then the smile and assurance BH gave him, that all is well, that all was in the past, it shattered the only remaining wall that got in their relationship. *tears* Then Omma said that BH's innocence is enough. Her late father would say so. OMG *tears*
- Then BH was waiting JW at the park and for the first time she tasted how is it to date a busy prosecutor. *smile*
- Then JW picked BH in her drunken state and piggybacked her to his home, with that kiss, smile, laugh, tease and more importantly  their ease minds going home. What could be the greater gift after all the hurdles than they reward themselves with that *ehem*. That's why it's so true when BH said the next morning, "How can I forget that?" *smile*  Adding to that, JW's kiss before they part way to work. THIS was the start of their journey, and gone all the memories of that nightmare night and what happened after.

Writer-nim, I salute you. *humble bow* then *throwing confetti*

Sorry I'm a little late to the party but I just watched subs for ep39... hahahahha. Now I know why everyone says to watch it although you'll be sad when it ends. SO FUNNY.

I wanted to add on for hints that they were gonna sleep together/ as well as just spazz over the womance:

- I can't believe BH actually told JH that "we slept together once" / JH "yah don't tell me details!" HAHAHAH. So cute that they got so close (i'm only talking about 39, haven't watched the 3 girls in 40 yet)

- The drunk girls scene.. omg ITS A MESS. "you giving me advice about your ex-bf"? / "ya you slept with MY then bf what are you talking?"/ "who does EH like? who who who?" OMG HAHAHAH. truly it was what JH said "this is like a bad drama" heeheehee. the looks BH and JH gave YJ at her denseness... was classic hahaha.

- And obviously they were gonna sleep together, right. JW so sneaky. Brings BH back to his house, into his bed.. when BH doesn't live there anymore.. both men could have accompanied all 3 of the women home since they're all in the same apartment complex. TSKTSK. JW seized the moment to take her away hehehe. Poor EH getting hearttu-ed by those 2.

ok runs away to continue watching the rest.

This what happens when we're on withdrawal phase, right? At least for me. *crying*

I keep coming back here, read and spazz all new posts. I'm still checking IG and twitter for #suspiciouspartner. LOL. I watch a lil bit of clips here and there. It looked like I already got symptoms of withdrawal syndrome. *oh my*

Edit : I said it before, and I'll say it again now, I like all OTP confrontation/talking scenes. Yes, we saw in the episodes that when they are faced with some difficulties concerning the other, they tend to take time to think before they open up. But throughout the episodes we also saw that they talked, they discusses, they consulted and even they confronted each other. Like what adults should do. And I think, as I remember, It such a rare sight on kdramas when the OTPs have this attitudes toward each other. 

2 minutes ago, rhienz said:

This what happens when we're on withdrawal phase, right? At least for me. *crying*

I keep coming back here, read and spazz all new posts. I'm still checking IG and twitter for #suspiciouspartner. LOL. I watch a lil bit of clips here and there. It looked like I already got symptoms of withdrawal syndrome. *oh my*

gurl u're not the only one. i'm exactly like you :( constantly checking #수상한피트너, hoping for a new update, hoping a late post pic from the wrap up party will pop up. replaying clips from the episodes and bts, yet my stomach still feeling the butterflies, in a weird and sad way. how long will i get through this.....

final recap is out on DRAMA BEANS

Suspicious Partner: Episodes 39-40 (Final)

by LollyPip

It’s time to say goodbye to our favorite grumpy prosecutor and feisty lawyer. With real life setting in, they’ll face their biggest challenge yet — learning how to deal with the everyday, mundane annoyances that all normal couples have to tolerate. As finales go, this one does a great job wrapping up everyone’s story while leaving us with the feeling that they’re heading into their futures older and wiser, and with more love in their lives.

COMMENTS

Awww, I got exactly what I wanted, a finale that was mostly fluff with no major conflict. No, I really mean that! This drama has put me through the emotional wringer, and while I wouldn’t have minded one last conversation with Hyun-soo to see how he was holding up after the revelation of his involvement in So-young’s assault, I was glad to just have a solid hour of our characters being hilarious and awkward and adorable together. Suspicious Partner wasn’t a perfect show (are they ever?), but I felt like it did so much right, and I love that we’re leaving with a feeling that everyone is moving forward into their futures having found happiness and having grown as people.

I do have a few complaints, though they are very few. My primary issue with the show involves the legal inconsistencies, which is something I would usually overlook, but in this case, they could be so glaringly wrong that they took me out of the story. The best (worst?) example is that there’s no way Ji-wook would be allowed to prosecute the man whom he once defended, the same man who later tried to kill him, because he would be irreparably biased in that situation. Other, smaller issues bothered me, such as multiple times when Ji-wook and/or Bong-hee were involved in a confrontation with Hyun-soo but were never brought in to make an official statement, either as legal professionals or victims.

SuspiciousPartner39-40-00348.jpg

Another quibble I have with the show isn’t so much a criticism, as a wish. I wish that the three girls had been allowed to develop their frenemy circle a lot sooner, because watching them get drunk together was one of the highlights of the finale, in my opinion. I would have loved to see Bong-hee and Yoo-jung’s initial liking for each other turn to hate (which it did), then gradually evolve into a grudging respect much earlier in the show. Just think how much fun it would have been to see them bickering and getting sloppy drunk all the time! I feel like Yoo-jung had all of her character growth in this last episode, and I can’t help but wish we’d gotten it sooner and had a chance to get to like her more. Plus, the three actresses had some great comedic chemistry together, and I’m sad that we only got to see it twice. Such a missed opportunity.

But there were so many things to love about Suspicious Partner, and they greatly overshadowed the few inconsistencies. The characters, the avenging murderer storyline, the evolving relationship between Ji-wook and Bong-hee (okay really, Ji-wook and everyone) were all just completely on point. One thing that really made me silly-happy is how, even when Ji-wook and Chief Bang went back to the prosecutor’s office, the others continued to run their law firm from Ji-wook’s house. I particularly love that it was such a non-issue, as if there was never any consideration otherwise, because of course they would stay. And it was so cute how Eun-hyuk became the boss and even took on Ji-wook’s mannerisms — his impression of Ji-wook’s exploding tantrum was dead-on. He even looked great in the glasses!

SuspiciousPartner39-40-00382.jpg

With a cast this talented, it’s easy to gush over how great everyone was as their characters. Ji Chang-wook, Nam Ji-hyun, and Choi Tae-joon turned in their usual solid, beautifully nuanced performances, and I have nothing but great things to say about them here. But I have to mention one last time the obvious and surprising standout — Dong-ha as Hyun-soo. It takes a real gift to steal scenes from a charismatic actor like Ji Chang-wook, but Dong-ha managed to do it over and over again, wrenching my emotions and making my heart fall in love with a killer despite my head telling me that he was evil.

A lot of the draw of Hyun-soo was due to the writer, who has a habit of creating sympathetic villains that we can’t help but adore. But it wouldn’t work without the perfect actor playing the role, and I feel confident in saying that Dong-ha was perfect as Hyun-soo. Even as I hated him for trying to kill our favorite lawyer and his sidekick, I still cheered for Hyun-soo and his twisted idea of vigilante justice. I’ll never forget the terrified look in his eyes as he realized that he was one of the guilty boys he dedicated his life to punishing, and how, when we saw his empty eyes as he was sentenced, my heart still cracked for his broken spirit. I can’t wait to see what Dong-ha does next.

SuspiciousPartner39-40-00605.jpg

I always feel like I’ve said everything there is to be said by the time I get to a final episode recap, but I haven’t really talked about how much I love the way the writer, Kwon Ki-young, played with the idea of memories, and how tragedy and other traumatic events can change a person’s perception of the truth. Two years ago, I Remember You touched on these issues as well, though it dealt with the premise of remembrance in a more personal way. In the case of Suspicious Partner, we were shown how the mind can so completely reject a torturous memory that it removes it entirely, replacing it with something the person can accept as real.

From Ji-wook’s brainwashing that caused him to believe his parents were murdered by Bong-hee’s father, to Hyun-soo’s self-inflicted amnesia due to his guilt and anguish over doing nothing while the girl he liked was viciously brutalized, I found the show’s exploration of memory and reality to be infinitely fascinating and compelling. I’ve had an interest in psychology for years, so to watch a drama that explores the tricks a person’s brain will perform to avoid a reality it can’t handle has been extremely entertaining for me. I love the way Kwon Ki-young creates characters that we can relate to because they’re flawed and human, and even the villains are sympathetic and somehow manage to tear our hearts out. I hope this is a trend that continues, and that the writer’s future projects are every bit as thought-provoking and enjoyable.

SuspiciousPartner39-40-00490.jpg

This is my first time posting in this thread....i have been a silent reader in this thread for the past 3 months and have been reading all recaps, episode analysis, bts , extended previews and all that is posted in the thread.

I decided to post for the first time since i am having a serious withdrawal symptoms after watching the last episode. They just aired the last episode an hour ago on my cable tv channel One HD here in Malaysia and when it ended the feelings just hit me hard.

I am really going to miss this drama, the cast and everything about it. For me this is the best rom-com of 2017. I wish they will release more bts or maybe some deleted scenes coz i think there maybe some that didnt get aired but maybe they will include it ib directors cut dvd which is quite expensive. Maybe i will save enough money to buy it.

I am having serious withdrawal symptoms right. My laptop tab is filled with suspicious partner twitter hashtag, this thread, bts videos, the episodes. I have decided that i will post something in this thread once a while and read all your posts so that i know that i am not alone.

What a lovely drama and what an awesome cast. I gave this drama a try accidentally although I was not into any of the actors and now after 3 months I'm fully cooked, booked and hooked to Ji Chang Wook and Nam Ji Hyun. Usually when a Kdrama is over, I forget all about it and move to another one but this time I'm not ready to give up. Believe me I've watched so many Kdramas and not even once I felt I wasn't ready for a finale. Damn this is certainly a first for me.... First time down with the withdrawal syndrome. I'm not sure if I'm happy or sad with this sudden change *confused* :mellow:

Anyways big shout out to the entire team of the drama, and a big hug at all the nice people I met in this forum thanks to Suspicious Partner. It was my first time interacting with Kdrama fans through Soompi and I'm glad I found this place. Now that it's all over, I guess it's time to say goodbye... All good things do come to an end one day..... 

7 hours ago, fattyfingers said:

Full video of new BTS in youtube SBS catch:

Oh the bittersweet feeling. Hit me since this morning, wake up and then realize that I don't need to check Instagram religiously...

Thank you Chingu! For always updating us with the latest pictures and updates for sutner! Really appreciate all the effort and time taken! *huggles*

5 hours ago, sharreb said:

:grimace:

Today has been hard. Cant quite believe there no more new episode.. Kinda in denial. This bts pic helps to put back the smile on my face. Hang in there partners.

Im planning to get from yesasia but i thk theres other sites selling it that someone shared earlier. Im planning to get from yesasia since its a site im used to purchasing my discs from

http://www.yesasia.com/us/suspicious-partner-ost-2cd-sbs-tv-drama/1060613527-0-0-0-en/info.html

Thank you for the link dearie! Can I check if there were any pre-order gifts announced previously if we pre-order the ost? Or it's just the release of the ost and no special items were given? 

3 hours ago, cherkell said:

Order from whichever site you feel most comfortable ordering from.  Check each site for their shipping policies:  Global Yes24 may not ship to your country whilst Innolife may allow shipping to your country.  As I counsel people in real life, caveat emptor.... buyer beware!

Unfortunately upon further research, that is correct.  The prices are different between the two sites, which makes the ordering process even more important to ensure you're getting the right version for your country since purchases are not returnable.  Each ordering site has the right to set their own prices to offset the costs of shipping and handling.  ALL versions of the SP box sets are the Director's Cut; no other lesser box sets will be sold.

I sent a note to the Sutner DVD Team to liaise with the two companies to ensure full disclosure of their prices on their specific ordering pages.  If it has *me* confused, then I'm sure others will be as well!  *grrr*

Thank you @cherkell for the update! Gahhhhhhh, this is so confusing!

1 hour ago, attriste said:

- And obviously they were gonna sleep together, right. JW so sneaky. Brings BH back to his house, into his bed.. when BH doesn't live there anymore.. both men could have accompanied all 3 of the women home since they're all in the same apartment complex. TSKTSK. JW seized the moment to take her away hehehe. Poor EH getting hearttu-ed by those 2.

ok runs away to continue watching the rest.

Hahahas. You are so right. Why didn't I notice this before! 

22 minutes ago, suga02pearl said:

This is my first time posting in this thread....i have been a silent reader in this thread for the past 3 months and have been reading all recaps, episode analysis, bts , extended previews and all that is posted in the thread.

I decided to post for the first time since i am having a serious withdrawal symptoms after watching the last episode. They just aired the last episode an hour ago on my cable tv channel One HD here in Malaysia and when it ended the feelings just hit me hard.

I am really going to miss this drama, the cast and everything about it. For me this is the best rom-com of 2017. I wish they will release more bts or maybe some deleted scenes coz i think there maybe some that didnt get aired but maybe they will include it ib directors cut dvd which is quite expensive. Maybe i will save enough money to buy it.

I am having serious withdrawal symptoms right. My laptop tab is filled with suspicious partner twitter hashtag, this thread, bts videos, the episodes. I have decided that i will post something in this thread once a while and read all your posts so that i know that i am not alone.

Welcome to our thread chingu! Dun worry, I will still be here for a while or maybe even longer! Sutner has hit me like a hurricane and I'm sure we will still be here hugging each other, holding each other hands as we go through the withdrawal period! :bawling:

Yay for the OST and the BGM instrumentals! Thank you for sharing the YT link :wub: (sorry i forgot who shared it before, you can easily find it in YT now). Already feel nostalgic listening to it, even if SP has just ended like yesterday. I like the 6th one titled Home the most, it is so befitting for JW-BH love scenes. Though i'm sad that these two BGMs from this scene is not released, or am i missing something? 

Still one of my favorite scenes from the whole series (including the part where JW tease BH for carrying the pillow, NJH looked really gorgeous there). The mood, the unspoken conflicted emotion (particularly from JW), that close-up of their hand-holding and the music! Anybody found the link for the BGM, pls enlighten me :) 

Finally gave in to the last episode... I laughed all the way till the end... and then now is as bad as last night's puffy eyes. Gahhhhhhh. 

How can a proposal make me feel so sad???? I don't know if I'm projecting my sadness or it was sad, but Bong Hee's face and voice cracking was like maximum choke for me. I thought I just overdid it without subs but this is worse. Gahhhhhh. 

I mean I know proposals can be quite emotional but this was uhhhh.

And true to writer nim she referenced it in the previous scene when dear old CEO byun talked about his own romantic radio show proposal.. aigoo. 

The characters are at peace, so why am I a crying mess? 

@gracebkk take  me with you. If only we have a time machine. 

Now what I hope too see in the news for the next two years headlining " Ji Chang Wook and Nam Ji Hyun confirms for Suspicous Partner Season 2" or "Ji Chang Wook and Nam Ji Hyun cofirms for a new Rom-Com drama"

That's my hope but I have to see first is " Ji Chang Wook comes back safe and much sexier after military" 

Then a hopeful " Ji Chang Wook and Nam Ji Hyun Dating" Hahahahaha XD.

Wohoo... JCW and CTJ seemed to be enjoying their free time together playing soccer. :)

Archived