[Drama 2017] Lookout, 파수꾼

0ly40

OMG!!!

(SPOILER AHEAD..DO NOT READ)

how could they kill off the main lead!!! no wayyyy!! T_____T

andweeeeeeee!!!!!

He's my favorite and ofcourse Lee si young!

it sucks that my ship sunk...huhu i wanted them to atleast show more affection towards the end. i mean i dont really need for them to form an obvious loveline, but a bit of a tease would suffice! but now it wont happen coz it looks like he died.....smh

how could they kill off his character!!! i caaaaant!!! huhuhu

i had a bit of hope when they showed prosecutor lee's scene where Jang Do Han brought him a kimbap, but they just had to make it an imagination! seriously!! huhu im so sad....

and the way he died is rudiculous too!!! i mean he didnt have to jump with SiWan!! he could have avoided Siwan while he pushed off the girl! i mean seriously that scene was stupid!!

Speaking of Siwan i hope he died! 

and i hope they make LOOKOUT PART 2!!! this drama needs a sequel!! with the same cast please!!!! 

overall i enjoyed this drama alot!

im a fan of action/suspense/crime drama! i hope there's new drama like this to air soon!! pls suggest me a good one chingus! i already watched "SIGN", "BAD GUY", "SIGNAL" etc. anyone have any new recommendation like those dramas? :)

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, triplem said:

I'm happy with the 10%. I hope the cast & crew see that their efforts did not go to waste.

i appreciate everyone's different views & take on the ending. Personally , it's hard to see your fave actor die in one of his best roles. Give me open ending any day. 

How I feel ...

If you are a new KYK fan in need of a KYK fix with a nice story line and oppa not dying, i recommend:
1. Plus Nine Boys (an absolute gem of a drama, slice of life)
2. Gogh, the Starry Night (sweet and easy watch. Give me a boss like him any day)
3. Sweet Stranger and Me (unusual plot, story line a little weak in the middle but ends well. And he really demonstrated a good range here in his acting.)

I'd add D-day to that list of KYK dramas....his acting there was the first time I realised how talented he is!!

25 minutes ago, Realyn Tan said:

OMG!!!

andweeeeeeee!!!!!

it sucks that my ship sunk...huhu i wanted them to atleast show more affection towards the end. i mean i dont really need for them to form an obvious loveline, but a bit of a tease would suffice! but now it wont happen coz it looks like he died.....smh

i had a bit of hope when they showed prosecutor lee's scene where Jang Do Han brought him a kimbap, but they just had to make it an imagination! seriously!! huhu im so sad....

and the way he died is rudiculous too!!! i mean he didnt have to jump with SiWan!! he could have avoided Siwan while he pushed off the girl! i mean seriously that scene was stupid!!

and i hope they make LOOKOUT PART 2!!! this drama needs a sequel!! with the same cast please!!!! 

im a fan of action/suspense/crime drama! i hope there's new drama like this to air soon!! pls suggest me a good one chingus! i already watched "SIGN", "BAD GUY", "SIGNAL" etc. anyone have any new recommendation like those dramas? :)

I RECOMMEND TUNNEL!!!!

1 hour ago, blademan said:

I RECOMMEND TUNNEL!!!!

Haha i forgot to mention i already watched that and i LOVED IT!, thanks though! :) i hope kdrama will continue to make awesome action/crime dramas this year!

1 hour ago, Realyn Tan said:

He's my favorite and ofcourse Lee si young

How about Circle, Secret Forest?  For older dramas, Gaksital or Two Weeks (from same PD as Lookout)?  Gaksital is amazing period drama.

I just finished watching with subbed. I cried a river when he fell off the building and after Priest Gwan Woo told SJ that he won't make it through the night. Like seriously, they have to kill off his character. His character is my favorite among them all. YSW, is he dead or alive? I am lost. That sociopath boy killed my DH. Still angry...Park Solomon is doing a great job portraying YSW. He makes me hate YSW to death,

Open ending is considered bad ending to me. Although sometimes I prefer open ending but in this drama, I am not satisfied with it because obviously there is no more DH. It would be awesome if we're granted with season 2. I need the Sherlock Holmes in DH's case.

Congratulations for reaching 10% in rating. Hopefully we get to see our leads give out coffee although the drama is already ended. Thanks to all the talented actors and actresses and staffs for bringing us a great and memorable show. We will meet each other soon in another drama. Let it be a rom-com next for Kim Young Kwang and Lee Si Young.

20 minutes ago, leeemyis said:

Let it be a rom-com next for Kim Young Kwang and Lee Si Young.

Let's pray to the drama gods for that!!! Even though the odds are against us :( 

Does anybody know if KYK has already attended military training??

3 hours ago, Realyn Tan said:

OMG!!!

andweeeeeeee!!!!!

I'm all for a Part 2;however, DH needs to be secretly recovering and reappears to pick up with the team.  I'm okay with a reincarnation/makeover. There needs to be closure with YSW, or he continues his murderous ways only to be finally stopped by the new and improved DH. I can dream, can't I? LOL

The ONE thing I can't understand from that already ridiculous ending is what the hell happened to YSW?!!!

Did he die, did he go to jail, did he make it out??

I have so many questions because the character build up to that last scene before they fell down has been so explicit and BAM! No mention of him after?? What were the writers thinking?? Of course we have questions!!!

"Lookout" Kim Young-kwang saves Lee Si-young and dies

Spoiler

photo867021.jpg

Kim Young-kwang died but the others continued to find justice for the world.

On the latest episode of the MBC drama "Lookout", Jang Do-han (Kim Young-kwang) saved Jo Soo-ji (Lee Si-young) and died.

Yoon Si-wan (Park Solomon) had Lee Soon-ae's (Kim Sun-young-III) daughter Jin Se-won (Lee Ji-won-III) as hostage and told Lee Soon-ae to kill Jo Soo-ji. However, she couldn't kill her and Yoon Si-wan was furious.

Gong Kyeong-soo (Shinee Key) found where Jin Se-won was captured and saved her before the bomb went off. Yoon Si-wan found out he didn't kill Jin Se-won and threw himself to Jo Soo-ji.

However, Jang Do-han got ibetween them and fell down the building with Jang Do-han. They didn't come back around and Jo Soo-ji erased the recording she had of Yoon Si-wan to prove his guilt and told Lee Soon-ae, "You will be in trouble if this gets out. We are going to pretend this never happened. Don't think about anything and just be there for Se-won".

A year later, Jo Soo-ji, Gong Kyeong-soo and Seo Bomi (Kim Seul-gi-I) stood on the side of the weak and fought for their justice but Jang Do-han wasn't there.

8 hours ago, bedifferent said:

Don't diss my vegetable.  Broccoli >>> Si Wan! :lol:

You know what? Broccoli is even worse than Si Wan. B)

8 hours ago, Mayyes said:

Seeing Soo-ji, Bomi, Kyung-soo lived freely only after a year, could it be they make a deal? Spare SW's life with theirs? Soo-ji did erase all the recording in Soon-ae's phone to save her career. And I am not sure what kind of another recording that Soo-ji mentioned. And she also told Soon-ae to forget everything that happened today, then What about DH's life? Will you tell the world that he committed suicide??? Ohh... I have headache...Also another disappointment of me, they wasted Kim Tae-hoon great acting and his character. Yes he did big part of taking down Yoon Seung-ro. But just like this, he gave them Det Nam's phone recording. As a righteous prosecutor, I wish to see him bring some short of changes in prosecution service.

We will never have answers to this questions. We don't know if Shi-Wan survived, if he was charged for his crimes, if the world knows what he did or if he just continues his miserable life like before. We also don't know what you told the world about DH, what do you tell his father? They don't even told SJ the truth about him just hesistating.

@andy78 the article seemed so final!

Are you guys recovered yet? It took me awhile and I'm still sobbing over poor DH. The scene that got me the most was when EJ fantasised about DH being alive and his usual smarmy self. The loss of that potential friendship really hurt, and you can see EJ grieved that loss too. URGH.

And it's so annoying that SJ and DH finally had a touch feely moment - while he was DYING. Writer-nim, you are CRUEL lol.

Had a watch of the last episode, and you now what - the writer has left it in such a way that it is possible for KYK to return or not return. I had a feeling writer was ordered to create that kind of ending to hook in a second season, but I feel that in kdramaland this is so rare, to leave it hanging like this is quite frustrating.

Why do I think DH could possibly still be alive? They never showed a funeral. And while the priest said he won't survive the night, lots of people have defied odds and have survived doctors' dire predictions. With the show's method of always disguising or not showing us the full picture until later, I'm not surprised if somehow the priest decided to fake DH's death so that he could spend his days in peace with his father. He would've kept it from the team because he probably wanted them to move on and not complicate DH's life. This scenario is pretty possible. Yes, in my head DH eventually woke up from his coma, and probably lost his memories, became paraplegic whatever - cos the real DH would've insisted that he be punished in prison or something ;P

The secret taking of photographs indicate that there's even bigger nasty fish than YSR, but with no second season this is annoying lol. That precious minutes could be spent explaining what happened to SW.

I can understand why the writer went open-ended like this (especially if director gave him a directive - leave it open for second season!). But it doesn't mean I liked it lol. I knew the best case scenario for DH is for him to spend years and years in prison, and that's sad too. But the thing that bugged me most is the unsolved plot threads - come on, is team lookout still fugitives? Are they working for EJ as 'punishment'/a lighter sentence? What dafuk happened to SW? At least show us his corpse bwahaha.

Otherwise a fine show, though it sadly stumbled in the last four eps. Have SW, a scrawny juvenile be the ultimate big bad? Aw come on. But hey, that guy is the spawn of satan, so maybe that's plausible lol.

urggghhh. i just finished the 2 final episodes with subs.

i dont like it. 

after all that angst and this is the conclusion. what on earth happened to psycho boy? and that's all that happened to him after all that he did? 

i'm so annoyed with this final episode because i really like the story build up from earlier on.

ep 32 was mostly filler. is it hinting a lookout 2.0 with a new corrupted prosecutor?

imo at least show us :

1) what happened to psycho boy! did he die? is he still in a coma? is he in a psych ward? is he in jail? so many possibilities. and what happened to his mom? was she not an accessory for attempted murder? was she caught? 

2) the aftermath of the whole school bomb fiasco. did anyone know it was psycho boy who planted the bomb at the opposite building? did anyone else know he was the one who kidnapped the girl? 

3) that DH died a honorable or at least not a negative death in the public eyes as he died trying to protect someone else. the last thing he did was revealed YSR aka psycho boy's dad worst secrets and wrongdoings. next thing we know is DH and YSR's son fell down a building together. someone can easily say he decided to jump together with psycho boy or he wanted to push psycho boy but ended up falling down too.

4) did BM,KS amd SJ avoid jail? for everything they did, realisticaly there should be some jail time. one year time jump seems too short.

i dont usually (likely never) rant about drama endings. but this one is just....it could be so much better. i reallllly want everyone else to know what a psychopath psycho boy is! i don't want DH's death gone in vain (if he is really dead).

EJ imagining DH giving him kimbap is just random an felt out of place. 

the best thing from the final ep was ths BTS clip. the filming process looked awesome. haha

5 hours ago, chingu76 said:

Had a watch of the last episode, and you now what - the writer has left it in such a way that it is possible for KYK to return or not return. I had a feeling writer was ordered to create that kind of ending to hook in a second season, but I feel that in kdramaland this is so rare, to leave it hanging like this is quite frustrating.

Why do I think DH could possibly still be alive? They never showed a funeral. And while the priest said he won't survive the night, lots of people have defied odds and have survived doctors' dire predictions. With the show's method of always disguising or not showing us the full picture until later, I'm not surprised if somehow the priest decided to fake DH's death so that he could spend his days in peace with his father. He would've kept it from the team because he probably wanted them to move on and not complicate DH's life. This scenario is pretty possible. Yes, in my head DH eventually woke up from his coma, and probably lost his memories, became paraplegic whatever - cos the real DH would've insisted that he be punished in prison or something ;P

This is a nice thought and I'm going to accept this as the ending instead of what the show gave me. lol. DH is recovering somewhere, has a new identity, and will start over - this works. :wink: I'll be honest, this thought had crossed my mind bc of how things were handled ( my #1 rule is if you don't actually see the death, they aren't dead, lol ), but I honestly believe this finale was just hastily put together and it shows, bc it's messy. It's a shame too, bc I loved this show so much and they knocked off so many points with this stupid ending. oh well.

Hi! Now I mostly watch dramas for any shinee members, including this drama. I literally made this account for this, lmao, My frustration about the ending.My random rants

1. The  ep1-28 were so good, it started with Siwan then they're teamed up to end YSR. Great team work. I forgot about Siwan. It's focused to YSR!  In the end, the real evil was indeed Siwan. Sigh!!

2. Yes, that one year later stunt was unnecessary if they aren't planning for season 2. Slow motion stunt, what the heck is that, it just wasted the duration ugh. No explanation about where Siwan was. 

3.  Dohan was really dead or not. It's only sooji reminiscing someone, someone. 

4.  When they told Siwan that Sewon was saved, i was like "wait noooo, don't let this psycho hear that!"

5.  I have bad feeling about drama involving rooftop now. 

6. Yeah i shipped DH-SJ too. Tho until the end she just said "best work as leader". And DH just did his promised until the end, sob sob*. He kept saying to SJ he will catch Siwan after finished with Yoon Seung Roo. He really did. 

7. KYK-LSW as leads again in rom-com? If it turns out to be  cringe-worthy relationship, no, :lol:I really like how DH and SJ protecting each other in this drama, and they always keep it in team-mate relationship in sweety way :heart:

5 hours ago, chingu76 said:

@andy78 the article seemed so final!

Are you guys recovered yet? It took me awhile and I'm still sobbing over poor DH. The scene that got me the most was when EJ fantasised about DH being alive and his usual smarmy self. The loss of that potential friendship really hurt, and you can see EJ grieved that loss too. URGH.

And it's so annoying that SJ and DH finally had a touch feely moment - while he was DYING. Writer-nim, you are CRUEL lol.

The secret taking of photographs indicate that there's even bigger nasty fish than YSR, but with no second season this is annoying lol. That precious minutes could be spent explaining what happened to SW.

I can understand why the writer went open-ended like this (especially if director gave him a directive - leave it open for second season!). But it doesn't mean I liked it lol. I knew the best case scenario for DH is for him to spend years and years in prison, and that's sad too. But the thing that bugged me most is the unsolved plot threads - come on, is team lookout still fugitives? Are they working for EJ as 'punishment'/a lighter sentence? What dafuk happened to SW? At least show us his corpse bwahaha.

Otherwise a fine show, though it sadly stumbled in the last four eps. Have SW, a scrawny juvenile be the ultimate big bad? Aw come on. But hey, that guy is the spawn of satan, so maybe that's plausible lol.

Yeah the part between DH-EJ was too cruel. My tears were gone as i smiled "right? he didn't die " but the tears went down again loool as the drama ended with their rap OST. I hate when i cried at drama/movie just after it ended.

"It took me awhile and I'm still sobbing over poor DH" LMAO i was sobbing so hard for awhile too until i realized he might not die. There's still hope. 

If there's season 2 idk i would watch or not. It's not funny that the first episode was suddenly a DH's bright smile saying he's not dead. 

The rant aside, i admire Soon Ae acting. Her panic, worried, shaky acting is amazing. When first she got phone called by Sooji in early episode. 

This is the second drama make feel so addicted, after surgeon bong dal hee. actually i just watching this drama because i like kim tae hoon. but when i watch ep 7, when soo ji catch kim woo sung with her motorcycle. BAMM, i start to be addicted to this drama and watching for the first episode.

I love the ending of this drama, like they made do han die after he fell from the rooftop like yoo na did.  And also yoon si wan coma or die from the rooftop. Because catch him is kind of difficult, since he have no motive in killing his victims. He's kind of crazy, maniac but still a minor. So have a legal investigation toward him, only give a little harm for him. If people like him end in a jail or rehabilitation (because he crazy), will only give a bad impact, he becoming more crazy and dangerous.

i think soo ji is done after seeing si wan fell from rooftop, her revenge accomplised.Also do han, after make yoon seung roo down. But he's already numb, he can't fell happy again after what he did to yoo na. He feel so quilty for both of mom and daughter. so sacrifice himself to save soo ji is the only way to free him. If i meet do han in a real life, i will tell him this. Maybe you fell living in a hell, but they're so many good people around you especially your step brother priest and joo so ji.

The only thing make me a bit dissapoint is in ep 31. why 3 adults can't handle 1 teenager? i can't blame soo ji, because she love and respect her team leader and se won. And do han only have 1 thought about save soo ji, because his quilty toward her. But the team leader, why you so weak and stupid? at first, i thought she have a plan when she bring soo ji to the rooftop. But she only bring her favorite team member (soo ji) as a bait, without think about another plan, you are the leader in a police office and have a good team member ( like detective ma jin ki and another). Just track si wan phone and give your team the secret plan to catch si wan. Then you go to the rooftop with soo ji to distract him.  Se won is the only character that i don't like so much in this drama, she's so naive and stupid. even you're not close with your mother, how can you make a friendship with a boy who kill someone daughter. But after this episode, i know she get it from her mother, both of them have a good heart but so reckless. But i think their character built like this to directing the whole story to this end. 

My favourite character in this drama is the priest. He's the angel in this drama. Can you imagine live with your step brother and step father who kill your mother. Then you help your smart step brother to revenge with your identity? Its not give him any profit, even after do han father name is clear. His mother can't be live again and do han father just kill her mother accidentally because he stress. But he love his brother so much, he even lie to protect his bro and looking after his dad. When do han fell from the rooftop, you can feel something in his face. He know do han will be leave him soon. He's the most tragic character in this drama :(. He must live with do han father now and i think do han have lots of debt LOL :D. I love the way scriptwriter make the rebellious tennager become the priest. This situation help him to control his anger and help his brother. Even i only see bitterness everytime he laugh or smirk, not happiness. He have a big part and contribution in making lookout team. Without his identity, a bit difficult for kwan woo to have a revenge. i always curious about how they recruit bomi and kyungsoo in a past. But i've found the answer, the priest is the one who recruit them. since in an early episode the way kyungsoo and bomi contact their leader is at a chapel. Then when he save bomi and soo ji when she get wound, bomi not so surprised to see him.

I'm a bit dissappoint to kim eun joong character he to passive and cautious in his movement. Fortunately, his character growing drastically in last episode. I'm agree with, his father just leave him the phone so he can bring it as an evidence. He know he was wrong before and he doesn't want to make his son dissapoint. since eun joong really respect his father.Their character is so similar, kind of passive and cautious but are a good people. 

My last comment, this whole drama is really great. Praise for the script writer, actor, actress and staff. They have a good job!!!! Goodbye our badass mom joo so ji, pure and honest kim eun joong, loyal and kind kwan woo father, sweet kyungsoo, straightforward bomi and last but not least our smart and manipulative jang do han. Even do han is not my favourite, but his character will be never be forgotten.:heart:. His appearance with umbrella before, it always comes up every time i remember him.

Wow, i don't know my comment will be this long haha :lol:

Archived