[Drama 2016-2017] Guardian: The Lonely and Great Goblin 도깨비

Go Seung Ji

40 minutes ago, bebebisous33 said:

Yes, the way the King met his future wife was a little similar to the way GR met Sunny.

I believe that ET couldn't remove the sword before because of KS. In my opinion, Eun Tak already loved KS without restraint but for the goblin it was different. He always tried to hide his feelings, to restrain his love for her. He had realised that she was his first love, but he tried to contain his affection. Like he said it, he needed to die before he loved her too much and this shows that he was restraining himself. Notice that the hug he gave her was full of warmth and love... he was giving in! You can feel it, while the pad on her head and on her shoulder (at the beginning) revealed that he was trying to contain his feelings. There is some akwwardness from his side, while Eun Tak has no problem to grab his hand for the watch or to kiss him.

He has finally accepted that he wants to live and love her unconditionnally. 

@bebebisous33 there was once, someone asked, what is greater? to die for someone you loved, or to live for someone you loved.
while many think it is the more dramatic notion of dying for someone you loved. i think the more selfless act is not dying , but living.
its not until he was ready to live for her, to fight for a way to overcome the curse, or fight for a way to live each moment left worthyly for her.. not until then, his love while is still existing in his heart, is not taking form,  jsut like in our christianity context. while we loved God, we must confess in taking certan ordinances. when he faced his own love boldly, then it a bridge crossing act, that finally claim her identity as his Bride as a witness. to live as if until it is to die to 'self' .. before that, it is still "Love, self-centred / self-protective / self-reserved"... but now, it is "Love, Selfless."

unconditionally.

• Like 16

one last post before i knocked off.
the precious thing about Goblin, is not just about earth-quaking love between a man and a woman.>

what beautiful from ep1, what draw your first tear for this drama, was not about Kim shin dying. But let us go back to when EtT bid farewell to her mom... that was the first tear shed.
ep 7, brought me back to that ep to remind us how great was ET even as a child... preicous is the love between a mom and her daughter...

remembered the story when ET help a high school girl who has passed on, to fil up her fridge. that story showforth how ET make good of her 'gift' to help those in needs, yet at the same times show very realisitc and heart breaking moments of demise of a loved one. whether is it a daughter sending her mom off. or a mom suffering the passing of a daughter. Death being a dark theme, was handled with great respect and cares in this story.

cr.

• Like 17

@maryofbethany...   Chingu, I agree the selfless act is living for the person you loved. I also agree with @bebebisous33... ET is in love with him and KS kept holding back how he felt about her. Like he is so scared of letting remove the sword and for her to see she killed the man she loves. That would reallly affect Eun Tak to have to lose someone she loves all over again. I hope that they get to love each a long time before KS is finally set free. They deserves to be happy after all they both went too. 

I so loved how KS talked to the ghost to find where ET was and then he found her. Lol

• Like 12

21 minutes ago, 12blbl said:

Yeah i concur, anyway were those cars in parking area without people in it? But looking at the light from the truck there should be people driving it. 

no it was in a parking THANK GOD FOR THAT!! and there was no one one in the truck too!! the lights came from the crush of cars to each other not the truck!! see 1:53!!

• Like 13

@maryofbethany Yes, to live for the loved one is selfless. Even the grandfather told him to live for once, since he has realised that all this time, KS wanted to die and never really lived. Eun Tak's biggest wish is to have a family and have someone by her side. 

In my opinion, I believe, the love between GR and Sunny will have a different fate. In the past, the king was the reason why the Queen lost her life. Now he is the GR which means that he is responsible for taking lives or not. Even KWB is asking himself if God has a plan after all (meeting Sunny). Maybe, out of love, he will be the one who allows her to keep living or gives her life back. They will be separated. But if GR saves her life, he can find redemption and try to find her, if he becomes reincarnated again.

• Like 12

34 minutes ago, millie10468 said:

GR-Sunny: Definite movement here, both in the present and in regards to finally identifying which of them is the King and Queen. I loved how GR is so honest about his interest in her. And how his honestly moves her so much that she can't help falling into him the more they meet. GR's completely guileless and I think that quality is irresistible to Sunny. As for their shared past, GR's tears when he finally saw the portrait was quite gut-wrenching. I wonder how it must feel, to have such deep soul-guttering emotions but not know where or why they exist. Must be quite frustrating and I can't wait for tomorrow, when he tells KS that he feels like he's seen the Queen somewhere. And also, is the Red Lady beginning to feel bad about the fate of the King and Queen? Her comments to the other grim reaper about it not being a crime to love makes me wonder if, like speculated here, she'll be the one to grant GR-Sunny a happy end. Because if she's the one in charge of making sure that they suffer for what happened, she sure doesn't seem too enthused about their suffering now if she was in the past.

KS-GR: I love how they both keep going back and forth about the state of their friendship. However, when it's all said and done, they do still try to be there for each other. This is the bromance legends will be written about :)

I think the red lady is one of the gods. She seems bored and conflicted when she commented on their fate.

Also, 99.98% sure, GR is the King. 

1. He is a grim reaper. He has committed grave sins. So he has to be the king.

2. If I were the queen, I would not cry like that over my own picture. He cried like that seeing the Queen's picture because he is the King and he still is deeply hurt by his own sin in the past.

3. Sunny has the ring and the Queen had the ring.

4. Queen appears to be a pure soul from what we've seen so far, one who didn't hesitate to die when the King threatened her family for no reason, no reason for her to be punished so severely as a reaper, so she is Sunny in this life.

I personally think, all hell will break loose once KS finds Sunny. Lets hope for a good end.

• Like 14

1 hour ago, valzki said:

I like your investigation on those things chingu ;) she had received the buckwheat flowers from KS at the beginning. Is it counted? :phew:

It was for her 19th birthday back then, but let say the buckwheat flower as an early coming-out-age gift. Hahaha

• Like 10

49 minutes ago, millie10468 said:

Was I the only one who found Secretary Kim weird when he was outside wondering about a person who never ages? Please don't be the evil eunuch reincarnated. Please don't.

i  h been wondering abt the secretary since last 3 eps..

def sthg there.. no idea wat though..

• Like 7

1 hour ago, sakura2016 said:

I think so!! before being able to pull the sword Eun Tak was obviously affected by Kim Shin's words and hug!! so they are on the same page emotionally now!! at least that's how I see it!! :D

37 minutes ago, bebebisous33 said:

@maryofbethany Yes, to live for the loved one is selfless. Even the grandfather told him to live for once, since he has realised that all this time, KS wanted to die and never really lived. Eun Tak's biggest wish is to have a family and have someone by her side. 

Sorry to cut your post chinggus.. :) suddenly came to mind about why ET couldn't pull the sword from KS. I thought that when KS is ready the sword to be pulled out from him, ET can't even hold it. But when KS falls for his bride ET for real, he really wants to stay alive, that is the time that ET can hold and pull the sword. That is his punishment too maybe. 

1 hour ago, millie10468 said:

Was I the only one who found Secretary Kim weird when he was outside wondering about a person who never ages? Please don't be the evil eunuch reincarnated. Please don't.

Not only you chingu. Me too found him weird from the beginning he appeared. Who knows he was the master Kim beside the king that gave the command to kill Kim Shin's family? He now is the reincarnated one? Their face are similar tho. Haha...

• Like 9

http://beatuscorner.com/goblin-quotes-and-narration/

Goblin (Guardian: The Lonely and Great God) Quotes and Narration

Episode 1

“When a powerful desire indwells in things touched by mortal souls, they become Goblins. A blade smeared with blood from countless battles enchanted with a powerful desire covered with its master’s blood. Only the bride of the Goblin will be able to draw the blade and once drawn, everything will turn to ashes & peace will be granted” *Grandma Fortune-teller*

“At a moment of life & death, make a wish with a powerful desire – a soft-hearted Creator might grant you that wish” *Grandma Fortune-teller*

“He (Goblin) is… the water, the fire, the wind, the light & the dark. And he was once a human”

“The souls of your people are saving you. However, the blood of thousands (people) are on your sword as well as the blood of your enemies who’re also descendants of deities. You shall be immortal and watch your loved ones die. You won’t forget a single death as this is the award I give you & the punishment you shall receive. Only the Goblin’s bride shall remove the sword. Once the sword is removed, you shall return to ash & be at peace”

“If there’s a divinity in this world, I’m that ‘anyone’ -Kim Shin-

“Ji Eun Tak: ‘What does buckwheat flower mean?’
Kim Shin: ‘lover'”

“Who are you to judge whether I am valuable or not?” -Ji Eun Tak-

“Live in reality, not in rumors!” -Kim Shin-

“I’ve made up my mind… I will marry you – I really think you’re the goblin! I love you!” -Ji Eun Tak-

Episode 2

“If you catch a falling maple leaf, you will fall in love with the person you are walking with… It’s like how they say you will marry your first love if you catch a falling cherry blossom.” -Ji Eun Tak-

“Oblivion is part of the blessing” -Wang Yeo-

“I once considered my endless life a reward but in the end, it’s a punishment.” -Kim Shin-

“Hello, I’m Ji Eun Tak. I will become your bride in about 200 years. Even about 200 years later, you are still handsome. You’re kind of mean at times but don’t worry – you’re doing well.” -Ji Eun Tak-

“On this rainy night, what is your umbrella? The voice that responds when you call. The memories of seeing the same thing at the same time. The first time you matched each other’s pace. Did someone come to mind? Yes, that’s the person…” -Radio DJ-

“Stay close but not too close. It had better be important enough to stay close or you are dead!” -Kim Shin-

“Do you get summoned when I’m just thinking about you?” -Ji Eun Tak-

“I don’t mind seeing you while promising our future. I love you! :D” -Ji Eun Tak-

“I hope I get an umbrella in my life” -Sunny-

“When I’m not here, you should just slack & not work because if you work harder when you are not being watched, the owner would not know about it!” -Sunny-

“Fortune-teller: Your life is like a sail boat in an open sea.
Sunny: I hope I’m on that boat alone with a handsome man.
Fortune-teller: I see a man in your life, watch out for the man with a hat! A pit-black-hat.”

(pls see the rest at the actual site)/
which is your favourite?

i loved his:
“At 29, you’re still bright,” Shin says, looking at her with sad eyes. “But I am not there next to you. My life’s immortality has come to an end. After my death, you and your life after my disappearance have forgotten me and come to perfect completion. I must disappear. For the sake of you, who smiles prettily. The choice I must make is ending this life.”

but i loved hers more:

“No… it can’t be a punishment. There is no way that god would have given you that power if you were truly a bad person. If you were a bad person, only goblins would exist, and there would be no goblin’s bride to pull out the sword....I don’t know what kind of existence it was, but you are being loved now, truly,”

• Like 18

5 hours ago, Puppywookie said:

Oh my god, I am still in shock for everything that was revealed in the last 15 minutes. I was like expecting that like 3-4 episodes later. I am so scared for wookie character, I am worried how he is going to deal with the reality of his past and I am afraid how is relationship is going to turn out for sunny. If he gives her a cup to remember all her past memories, won't she begin to hate him, and then when Goblin finds out he was the king, won't he hate him too? Oh my god and I got xmas celebration party tomorrow, how am I going to enjoy myself!?!!!

I am in the same pain as you @Puppywookie. Going on vacations tomorrow with family and I can't get past that crying face of GR. I need tissues..:tears: A sign of an good actor is- he/she is able to bring out emotions in you. If you and I felt bad for Grim Reaper today, it means LDW has done his job exceptionally well.

Okay, so writer today almost confirmed who is King and Queen, there is no doubt left from my side too. The best thing about the episode was- story is MOVING. The lack of GR n Sunny scenes is now being slowly compensated by writer and I am glad for that. Lets see if the daunting process of regaining memories begins tomorrow or not? If you ask me, it will not be this soon. I think precap was highly misleading again. Also, the cup erases memories of past life..right? Can it bring back memories too? And if GR really is curious about Sunny's past life, he can just touch her. I have a bad feeling that GR brought Sunny to his workplace to reveal his secret. I could be wrong on this..just a shot in dark.:phew:

Tissuess..:tears:

• Like 11

Each episode I feel like it's not enough, I could watch Goblin for hours. Every episode is full of memorable scenes.

I loved the kiss, so pure. Shin was adorably confused. I just want Eun-tak and Shin to fall deeply and inevitably painfully in love. And the be happy.

OH, speaking of painfully in love, I think our Grim Reaper and Sunny are finally going forward in this awkward love line, but their fate is a cruel one. If I could know about my past life and discovered I ordered the death of my most beloved person I would want to die again and again. But he can fix it in this life! Because this means Goblin is been hating him for 900 years. They need to sort this out. What is shin going to do when he finds Sunny is his sister reincarnation? And so her name is Kim Sun?

And by the way, why is now Eun-tak able to touch and pull the sword? Is this about Shin's feelings? because I think Eun-tak is not in love with him yet. Please Hurry!

Another thing that I love about Shin...

Goblin.E07.161223.HDTV.H264.mkv_00141874

I need next episode! Now now now now!

• Like 14

Sorry chingu its like out of topic.. after watched episode 7 early in the morning, waiting for the subbed... right now time 3.26am.. im was a super happy crazy girl here.. my OTP in GOBLIN sang my shipper song ... oh my goshhh... seriously its make me happy .. "Meet him among them by Lee Sun Hee" was a wedding song for uri couple CNBLUE Lee Jong Hyun & Gong Seung Yeon... 

Did pd-nim was a shipper same with me or writernim was a fangirling towards Lee Jong Hyun..

This episode was great.. beside about my couple song.. bride of Goblin got that power !!!! Their love was exist .. also about a oricle.. sorry chingus.. this episode reallly SWAG !!! Super happy for me

Have a good holiday chingu.. and a happy happy ever Christmas for those celebrate ... saranghandaaaa :wub:

Please enjoy Lee Sun Hee-ssi song..a legendary singer in Korea.. her Music Video for this song was emotional.. deep in your heart.. lyrics for this song was superb.. that why uri Mr.Goblin, smile happily..hehe enjoy !!! Goblin Fighting !! GongLee fighting!! Hehe 

• Like 9

How should i feel? The end of episode...i was thrilled. My heart was moved by theirs. That no one could comprehend how is this to feeling this way... being here in front of my laptop after 1 week waiting and watch the last part of ep 7. And i am right now writing this with Sam Kim's song filled my ear.. Both ear. Feeling ups and downs- cramps, being so sensitive over myself because of the cramps ((girl's problem)) ((mian, out of context.))

Saw episode 8 preview, just see him lying her head down on bed with that close distance to her face made me think any adult scenes they would do as a married couple. Ugh, should i register for Pervert Ahjumma Club? (but i am 21 desperate2-onion-head-emoticon.gif?12928 and that's the problem. I HAVE A PERVERT MIND ALREADY)

"WITH A THUMP.. MY HEART KEEPS BOUNCING." he said. BUT ITS HONESTLY THE VIEWERS HEART WHO DO. UGH.

FOR FAKE KIM WOO BIN'S BUSSINESS CARD'S SAKE, ITS 2.30 A.M. IN MY COUNTRY. LET ME SLEEP¬¬¬

• Like 16

26 minutes ago, valzki said:

Sorry to cut your post chinggus.. :) suddenly came to mind about why ET couldn't pull the sword from KS. I thought that when KS is ready the sword to be pulled out from him, ET can't even hold it. But when KS falls for his bride ET for real, he really wants to stay alive, that is the time that ET can hold and pull the sword. That is his punishment too maybe. 

Not only you chingu. Me too found him weird from the beginning he appeared. Who knows he was the master Kim beside the king that gave the command to kill Kim Shin's family? He now is the reincarnated one? Their face are similar tho. Haha...

that would be too cruel!! what did he do that wrong to diserve pain and adony till the last moment of his life?!! :tears: no that can't be!! :tears: 

they are not the same person: the evil eunch is played by actor Kim Byung Chul while secretary Kim is played by actor Jo Woo Jin!! and I actually like secretar Kim and I don't find him harmful though he seem to be more than a simple secretary but don't give me the feeling of being a threat or a bad person!!

• Like 11

25 minutes ago, maryofbethany said:

http://beatuscorner.com/goblin-quotes-and-narration/

Goblin (Guardian: The Lonely and Great God) Quotes and Narration

“On this rainy night, what is your umbrella? The voice that responds when you call. The memories of seeing the same thing at the same time. The first time you matched each other’s pace. Did someone come to mind? Yes, that’s the person…” -Radio DJ-

I love this one! I've wanting to know what song is playing in the background since that very moment.

• Like 7

Guest ktiminie

:joy: LOL chingus, look at which book GR is reading: "FEMALE RISK"

http://preview.yes24.com/PreviewResize.aspx?no=11534247&fn=zj20q93lcgcqfwo701.jpg&size=600%7C925

FfciTs.jpg

Have anyone read it?

Edit: here is the synopsis, I wish I could understand korean...

휘메일 리스크 FEMALE RISK

국내의 한 자동차 회사가 여성 고객만을 위한 문화 콘서트를 마련했다. 현실적으로 자동차의 실수요자는 남성이 여성에 비해 훨씬 많은데, 이 회사는 왜 여성 고객 및 남성 고객의 아내들을 위해 이런 비용 지출을 감수한 것일까? 그 이유는 여성들이 바로 ‘가정의 실세’이기 때문이다. 한국 사회에서 가계 구매력의 주도권은 여성에게로 넘어간 지 오래다. 특히 젊은 층을 중심으로 ‘와이프 보이’의 특징을 보이는 경향이 강하다.

상당 수의 가정에서 여성이 CEO로서 결정권을 행사한다. 젊은 남성들이 어머니 세대보다 강해진 알파걸을 만나 ‘아내의 말을 잘 들어서 손해 볼 것 없다’는 생각을 하며 살고 있는 것이다. 『휘메일 리스크(Female Risk)』는 이처럼 강력해진 여성을 움직이는 동기를 최신 경제?경영 이론은 물론 심리학, 뇌 과학, 역사학, 철학 등 다양한 인문적 스펙트럼을 통해 분석하고자 한다.

Source