[Drama 2016-2017] Guardian: The Lonely and Great Goblin 도깨비

Go Seung Ji

Gong Yoo Hopes The Set Atmosphere For His New Drama Is Just Like “Coffee Prince”

Gong Yoo Hopes The Set Atmosphere For His New Drama Is Just Like “Coffee Prince”

On September 5, it was revealed that tvN’s upcoming Friday-Saturday drama called “Goblin” (tentative title) will start filming this Thursday, September 8. The drama, set to air sometime in December, is a fantasy romantic comedy that is bringing back the writer-PD duo of Kim Eun Sook and Lee Eung Bok, who both worked on “Descendants of the Sun.”

After the table reading for the drama, Gong Yoo mentioned “Coffee Prince,” in which he starred with Yoon Eun Hye, and said, “It’s already been 10 years. I’m not sure if you will believe me or not, but the drama will have meant as much to me whether or not it did well.”

He continued, “Everyone in ‘Coffee Prince’ wanted each other to do well. No one was selfish, and it was a set where we all had fun. That kind of atmosphere is hard to come by, and to have experienced it as an actor, I am very thankful. I hope [the ‘Goblin’ set] is the same.”

Source (1) (2)

http://www.soompi.com/2016/09/04/gong-yoo-hopes-set-atmosphere-new-drama-just-like-coffee-prince/

Edited by winterdew
  • Like 8

Actor Gong Yoo off to good start in ‘Goblin’

Actor Gong Yoo said Kim Eun-sook, the writer for tvN’s upcoming fantasy drama “Goblin,” seemed satisfied with him during a recent script reading.

restmb_jhidxmake.php?idx=5&simg=20160905

Gong said he was thankful to the writer for her “generosity” in an interview Monday.

“She and director liked my lines as soon as I spoke out,” he said, recalling the script-reading session Thursday. “And I told her, the compliments were posing pressure somehow.”

“She was so generous that she tolerated whatever I did,” he added.

This is not the first time the scriptwriter Kim, who earned stardom with “Descendants of the Sun,” has praised Gong.

“I have always been looking forward to (working with) the actor,” Kim said in an interview in April, after Gong was cast in “Goblin.” “I had a chance to talk with him, and my impression of him was, he is so decent an actor.”

restmb_jhidxmake.php?idx=5&simg=20160905

Kim added she was confident Gong was the perfect fit for the protagonist role in “Goblin.”

“I have always envisioned casting him in a romantic-comedy series,” she added.

Gong starred in the movie “Train to Busan” and will also feature in the upcoming film “The Age of Shadows” this year. 

“Goblin” is reported to have been three years in the making. It is set to air in December. 

http://kpopherald.koreaherald.com/view.php?ud=201609051750386430085_2

• Like 6

OK. I am going to zip my lips after this but....

since the cast is already decided, can't we just support the cast and crew and save our judgment about the drama after it airs?

I am very interested in the plot after reading the descriptions of each character (thank you !) and it seems to be different from a typical K-drama. I admit I did not like Heirs and couldn't continue DOTS (personal choice) but I don't criticise or complain about the actors or the plot of dramas. I keep my dislike to myself and just drop the drama. 

I know I can't control what other netizens think but isn't it tiring when they dislike an actor, drama, writer or PD now and once the drama airs, they wax poetic! SIgh... just give the drama a chance folks. Goblin HWAITING!

• Like 9

Kwak Dong-yeon goes from prince’s bodyguard in Moonlight to young king in Goblin

CrqZZXtWYAAy3kh.jpg

Look who’s moving up the royal ranks in dramaland. I just love Kwak Dong-yeon right now as the prince’s badass bodyguard in Moonlight Drawn By Clouds (So mysterious! So pretty! Such perfectly placed hair!), and I’m excited to see him again right away in tvN’s new fantasy romance Goblin, which has now changed its title to The Lonely, Shining Goblin. At least the new title helps evoke the melancholy feel that the drama promises, since goblins don’t sound resplendent and broody like their vampire counterparts. At least, not until Gong Yoo (Big) plays one. Goblins as a species just hit the jackpot, is all I’m sayin’.

The downside is that Kwak Dong-yeon’s role will only be a cameo, which is disappointing. But he’s set to play a young king, which makes me wonder if the modern drama will have a historical backstory for the immortal goblin. Kwak Dong-yeon would make a very nice king of hell too, since they don’t really specify what he’s the king of. In any case, I’m really looking forward to seeing Kwak Dong-yeon’s career take off — he was always a very good child actor and has tried everything from sageuk to farcical comedy, but he’s suddenly so charismatic and mature in Moonlight Drawn By Clouds, and he’s only nineteen!

The new fantasy series from the star PD-writer team behind Descended From the Sunstars Gong Yoo as a goblin who wants to be rid of his immortal life and takes a human bride, played by Kim Go-eun (Cheese in the Trap), in order to end it. The goblin lives with an amnesiac grim reaper, played by Lee Dong-wook (Bubblegum), and the pair of them will guide souls to the afterlife. Yoo Inna (One More Happy Ending), Yook Sung-jae (Village: Secret of Achiara), and Lee El (Monster) co-star.

The Lonely, Shining Goblin, about the strange, sad, mysterious, and beautiful lives of a goblin and a reaper who meet somewhere between a fate and a curse, will air on Fridays and Saturdays following The K2 in December.

http://www.dramabeans.com/2016/09/kwak-dong-yeon-goes-from-princes-bodyguard-in-moonlight-to-young-king-in-goblin/

• Like 8

'Goblin' production to begin on Sept. 8; here's what Gong Yoo wants from his co-stars

Gong Yoo

"Goblin," the latest from "Descendants of the Sun' writers Kim Eun Sook and Lee Eung Bok, will go into production on Sept. 8 and is expected to be aired sometime in December, it was announced on Monday.

"Goblin" is a supernatural fantasy drama in which a goblin and a reaper start living together. The table read for the show was recently held at the Nuri Dream Square Business Tower. Talking about the show's cast and the amazing vibe he experienced at the table lead, the show's lead actor Gong Yoo also reminisced about "Coffee Prince" and the connection he felt with the cast and crew of the 2007 drama.

"It's already been 10 years. I'm not sure if you will believe me or not, but the drama will have meant as much to me whether or not it did well," Gong Yoo said about "Coffee Prince," according to Soompi. "Everyone in 'Coffee Prince' wanted each other to do well. No one was selfish, and it was a set where we all had fun. That kind of atmosphere is hard to come by, and to have experienced it as an actor, I am very thankful. I hope [the 'Goblin' set] is the same."

"Goblin" was initially set to go on air in November, but its release date was pushed back to accommodate "K2." "It's planned that 'Goblin' will air around December," a representative for tvN was quoted as saying by the media. "The schedule may change a bit depending on the schedule for 'K2,' which is airing before it."

"K2" is a romantic drama starring Ji Chang Wook and Yoona as leads. The story begins will Kim Je-Ha (Ji Chang-Wook), a former solider, being hired to protect Choi Yoo-Jin (Song Yoon-A), who is the wife of a presidential candidate played by Cho Seong-Ha. Yoona plays Ko An-Na, the secret daughter of the presidential hopeful.

"K2" will premiere on Sept. 23 on tvN.

http://www.ibtimes.co.in/goblin-production-begin-sept-8-heres-what-gong-yoo-wants-his-co-stars-692645

• Like 6

On 9/2/2016 at 7:11 AM, MaysoonD said:

it seems i am goona love KGE , i have never trusted K netizens opinions . i get used to read their postive comments on cheesy cliche  dramas and vise verse .so i am not surprised of their bashing comments now, 

what surprised me nowaday are the plenty negative comments i have read about DOTS and the writer , i actually didn't like heir & secret Garden ,never watched Dots so i was wondering about the high rating and where the huge popularity come from ? what is her secret ? is it only marketing skills ??

Well said. Really shocked when cliched dramas like cinderella & four knights has such high ratings.

Whatever be her skills-whether it is writing, marketing or anything, Just hope Goblin to be a run-away success

• Like 7

On 6.9.2016 at 4:02 PM, princess nour90 said:

'Goblin' production to begin on Sept. 8; here's what Gong Yoo wants from his co-stars

Gong Yoo

"Goblin," the latest from "Descendants of the Sun' writers Kim Eun Sook and Lee Eung Bok, will go into production on Sept. 8 and is expected to be aired sometime in December, it was announced on Monday.

"Goblin" is a supernatural fantasy drama in which a goblin and a reaper start living together. The table read for the show was recently held at the Nuri Dream Square Business Tower. Talking about the show's cast and the amazing vibe he experienced at the table lead, the show's lead actor Gong Yoo also reminisced about "Coffee Prince" and the connection he felt with the cast and crew of the 2007 drama.

"It's already been 10 years. I'm not sure if you will believe me or not, but the drama will have meant as much to me whether or not it did well," Gong Yoo said about "Coffee Prince," according to Soompi. "Everyone in 'Coffee Prince' wanted each other to do well. No one was selfish, and it was a set where we all had fun. That kind of atmosphere is hard to come by, and to have experienced it as an actor, I am very thankful. I hope [the 'Goblin' set] is the same."

"Goblin" was initially set to go on air in November, but its release date was pushed back to accommodate "K2." "It's planned that 'Goblin' will air around December," a representative for tvN was quoted as saying by the media. "The schedule may change a bit depending on the schedule for 'K2,' which is airing before it."

"K2" is a romantic drama starring Ji Chang Wook and Yoona as leads. The story begins will Kim Je-Ha (Ji Chang-Wook), a former solider, being hired to protect Choi Yoo-Jin (Song Yoon-A), who is the wife of a presidential candidate played by Cho Seong-Ha. Yoona plays Ko An-Na, the secret daughter of the presidential hopeful.

"K2" will premiere on Sept. 23 on tvN.

http://www.ibtimes.co.in/goblin-production-begin-sept-8-heres-what-gong-yoo-wants-his-co-stars-692645

THIS:heart:

• Like 3

1 hour ago, MaysoonD said:

Today is the first day of Goblin's filming.

Good luck Goblin ,Good luck uri cast ,Good luck Wookie ,hopefully we see your smile in the next releasing pics to make sure you are ok and nothing wrong with you .

You don't know if they'll start filming in Korea or Canada today 

• Like 5

There were news before that they're going to start trial filming on 8th in Korea and then they'll depart to Canada in the mid September (I guess after Gong Yoo's new film promotions).

Right now they're filming at tvN's studios in Ilsan.

You can see that today they will receive food support on set. Idk who's sending it, but it looks like the support for drama and all the cast. 

• Like 11

http://m.sportsq.co.kr/news/articleView.html?idxno=196484#_

Bromance of Gong Yoo and Lee Dong Wook in upcoming drama "Goblin".

b0cebfff35bb.jpg

On 6th September Gong Yoo has opened up to "Sports Q" on his new drama "Goblin". From Gong Yoo's personal point of view the core relationships for his character will be not only with Kim Go Eun's character but with Lee Dong Wook's as well.

From Gong Yoo's words "Goblin" is more then drama about men and woman relationships, it's drama about relationships between two men, bromance between two leads. 

"Goblin" has two main characters - males: one is Goblin "who defends souls" who passionately wants to end up his immortal life and searching for human bride to make it happen, another is handsome amnesiac Grim Reaper "who leads souls to afterlife". Drama is set to air in December, Friday-Saturday on tvN. 
  • Like 10

This drama looks good and "new" for K-Drama standards anyway. I trust the writer because she is very good and already has a lot of dramas on her success list. No wonder the actors accepted so quickly. I'm interested in the story and I want to see the bromance between the two leads since it is rare to find a good scripted friendship between men (or women) in K-Drama land nowadays.

• Like 8