[Drama 2016-2017] Guardian: The Lonely and Great Goblin 도깨비

Go Seung Ji

On 8/7/2016 at 7:10 PM, Adnana said:

What about an actor/actress? Well, I think it's fair to expect acting talent AND good looks, especially if the actor wants to play a main role. Just as cooking talent is needed to become a cook, athletic talent to become a sportsman etc.--so is beauty absolutely part of the skill set generally expected from a lead actor. Because humans admire beauty; they watch movies/dramas in (great) part because of the eyecandy.

absolute ignorance!

• Like 4

On 7/7/2016 at 5:53 AM, TeBe said:

yesssss! I am beyond happy! KGE (my girl crush) , GONG YOO (the one and only , MY NUMBER ONE korean male CRUSH) AND LDW in one drama ! This could be haven ! :wub::wub:

ps: I have just went through some of the old  posts in this thread , and I am really sad to see that many comments are bashing and belittling the talent of KGE and reducing her to her appearance,  that doesn't suit some of the tastes! In my eyes she is so unique and beautiful. Her smile is just so charming . It makes all her face so radiant ! I don't see how is she seen as ugly at all? and her physic is no joke . Why do people only appreciate artificial beauty? only those who had some job done to their faces are considered beautiful. Or top actresses with natural beautiful faces but little talent in acting are well received and loved by the audience . This is so sad.  KGE is one hell of a good actress and she portrayed Seol character in CITT perfectly . She was supposed to not dress prettily and not care much about her outfits coz Seol was  from a poor family and a hard working student. She was so perfect and her acting and look fitted the characters perfectly . So many times I saw those pretty faces actresses showing some awkward acting and no body complains about that . At least for KGE when she cried, I cried along and when she was happy it made me automatically in a good mood. Long story short, I wish her best of luck in this drama and I hope she will never be discouraged by those stupid comments about her look. She is a young beautiful, fresh-faced and competent actress. Kim GoEun FTW :*

I love you so much <3 KIM GO EUN FTW INDEED. SHE DESERVES THIS DRAMA. (I have to admit I was overwhelmed, didn't expect her to get casted with these A+++++++++ ACTORS ADHHCNAD I mean she's new to the scene OMG SO PROUD OF HER)

I'm so excited for this drama because of Kim Go Eun. She was
new to the scene but already had this opportunity to work
with the finest actors. MY PAPA GONGYOO & DONGWOOK QFJADJJ.
THIS IS A GREAT HONOR. I ASSURE YOU GUYS SHE WON'T DISAPPOINT
YOU! She's a great actress, I already watched her movies
(Including r19+ A Muse ) and she's really natural! She's not
glamorous/gorgeous type of actress but she has the charisma
to make you fall for her!

I admit tho that I was disappointed this was not offered to
YEH, when Gong Yoo first confirmed I was praying to all Gods
for YEH to be casted. SHE NEEDS THIS. SHE & PAPA GONGYOO NEEDS TO
REUNITE. SHE NEEDS A GOOD DRAMA OR A HIGH VIEWERSHIP RATING
DRAMA ATLEAST.

(Her previous drama *shall not be named* greatly disappointed me.
although I love her so much, I didn't get to finish it, well I
tried, I reached ep 12 before dropping it for good)

• Like 6

@samzz Really? KGE's character is supposed to be 19y.o.? Maybe this means we wont get as hot n intimate scenes then <//33 lolol. 

Hoping to see something else but the "bright and sunny" character for our KGE. But even if she is one of those, she'd slay and make the character unique in her way. 

• Like 3

On 8/17/2016 at 10:19 AM, bukk1 said:

absolute ignorance!

@bukk1

Your statement (though it can't really be called a statement when you didn't deign to write an actual sentence) would carry greater weight if you bothered to, you know... explain which of my claims exactly you took exception to. And maybe you want to argue the opposite point of view--instead of doing a 2-word hit-and-run?

At the least, I'd love to hear about the romance K-dramas you might have watched recently that featured non-handsome leads.

• Like 2

On 8/18/2016 at 9:38 AM, juliacaesar said:

@samzz Really? KGE's character is supposed to be 19y.o.? Maybe this means we wont get as hot n intimate scenes then <//33 lolol. 

Hoping to see something else but the "bright and sunny" character for our KGE. But even if she is one of those, she'd slay and make the character unique in her way. 

yes, that's what I saw in some blog, now I cannot find the link anymore.

however, most KES fans knew this writer loves romance, even the earlier news said, more fantasy element than romance but the investors don't like it-no romance no BIG money-sure she/they will insert juicy, semi-juice romance bed scene-and the 2 actors are experienced actors. To the fans, investors no romance like having smartphone without internet data plan. But to me I prefer quality storytelling and  acting-high quality not just mediocre level, even it if cannot buy many audience , but people will respect it like Beautiful Mind drama.

• Like 5

Extract from the DC link above-KGE described as 19 yrs old 9 (roughly the same i saw in one blog)

그러던 어느 날 자신을 도깨비 신부라고 소개하는 열아홉 살 소녀 은탁과 맞닥뜨렸다.
아직 호적에 잉크도 안 마른 고딩 신부라니.
그에게 은탁은 고통에서 벗어나 소멸할 수 있는 도구였다.
달리 말하면 은탁은 자신을 죽일 수 있는 유일무이한 무기였다.
죽고 싶게 외로운 날은 탁의 환심을 샀다가 아직 죽긴 일러 싶은 날은 멀리 했다가
하루에도 열 두 번씩 마음이 오락가락 했다. 무無로 돌아가고 싶다가도,
이 정도면 견딜 만한 아픔 같기도 했다.
그런 김신을 보며 탁은 환하게 웃었고 김신은 소멸을 생각하지 않는 날이 늘어갔다

One day, Moltke encountered nineteen-year-old girl euntak introduced himself as goblins bride.
Not even dry yet Rani prep bride's family to the ink.
Euntak him was a tool that allows you to escape from the pain disappeared.
In other words euntak was a unique weapon that can kill him.
Und die lonely days are bought to please Tak still I want me jukgin spoke were far
The mind, even twelve times a day had come and gone. Also I want to go back to the non-無,
If this level were gatgido pain bearable.
Tak is like watching Shin Shin went laughed brightly increase this day I do not think the disappearance.

• Like 4

Hi, guys! Angel of a death won't have black lips, I guess something has been missed in translation. And he will be teaching how to behave himself with girl from dramas. Hahah :lol:

Have got translation of Lee Dong Wook's character posted by @plappi. Sorry, haven't found for Gong Yoo's but maybe it will appear later. Actually my fellow Korean Wookie's fan was going to translate his character's description, but while waiting I have found it in my native language. I think it will be more or less accurate. And here is pic of character's sketch posted at LDW's DC. Dunno where they've got it but it seems the same info as the one posted previously.

6c2acf1430a3.jpg

Angel of a Death Wang Yeo (mid or late 30th)

What is death? When student has asked Confucius, the scholar has replied "If we don't know life how can we know death?" Confucius has heard this question so often. If Wang Yeo would know Confucius he would reply, that death means meeting him. He's Angel of a Death. After opening their eyes, first what people have seen after death was he. They couldn't realize that they're dead since Grim Reaper was looking handsome. After knowing who he is, people were surprised since white face and black lips are just a myth. Black durumagi (the part of hanbok) has been replaced by black slim suit. Instead of ancient manuscripts he prefers to read western GQ. When he became Grim Reaper he has been lost in time and stopped counting days. All that he was counting were numerous dead souls.  From very first words of dead person he already knew what life he had. Earlier those who couldn't passed stayed among alive people, have been crying a lot and bothering alive people, but nowadays those who want to leave for good has been raised. His work became easier because of those who has rejected chance to get back to life. 

While living with goblin Kim Shin and experiencing each day changing in God's desires, Wang Yeo couldn't understand why it's all happening with him, what live did he have in the previous life, what person was he, has he committed some sin and how has he become Grim Reaper. He was on the half way to feel disgust to everything. No matter white or black, hot or cold. What is better life or death. He didn't know what means sympathy and compassion. Things happening in life or ordinary people were like unpredictable drama. People's unpredictable behavior has thrilling him. When meeting once by chance a girl he has felt dizzy. Even though he has met her for the first time, he has experienced long time lost feelings. Despite fake luxury from head to toe, she was shining. She was shining like her name - Son I*. From that day she became his addiction. He didn't know where it will lead him, but he was captivated. He was sure that all his awkward actions were mistakes. He was trying to switch on his imagination because of her unpredictable behavior. She was laughing at him because of his behavior, since almost all he was doing he has learned from dramas.  He was embarrassed. Was it God's plan or mistake?

* Son I in Korean is considered (sounds) as "sunny" or "shiny"

translation into Russian took from https://vk.com/leedongwookfans

• Like 7

That's weird... From latest news neither Nana nor Nara will play in Goblin. They have script reading next week, but they're still in process of casting for one of leading role. 

I'm a bit worried for "Goblin". And I wonder how KGE's dating news will affect drama.

• Like 5

i will support Gong Yoo in any day and in anything but not in this time and not in this s**t

sorry but this drama his end for me Before its start i hope this drama will be big Failure so he Learns some lessons 

19 minutes ago, lkgy99 said:

i will support Gong Yoo in any day and in anything but not in this time and not in this s**t

sorry but this drama his end for me Before its start i hope this drama will be big Failure so he Learns some lessons 

if you really love him you 'll support him in every project , and you don't like this project because of writer or story or only Kim Go Eun

and to be honest i trust gong yoo choices in movies more than drama but since i'm his core fan i'll always support him :)

• Like 4

Just now, princess nour90 said:

if you really love him you 'll support him in every project , and you don't like this project because of writer or story or only Kim Go Eun

and to be honest i trust gong yoo choices in movies more than drama but since i'm his core fan i'll always support him :)

200_s.gif

Guys I hope you understand that this thread does not belong to gong yoo, there is another sole thread on the actor himself.If you want to spazz over anything personal related to him,please do it in the actors thread. It's unsettling that every time I come on this page to get updates on the drama,.it's all about how KGE should not be the lead or how heartbreaking it's for some of his fans to see the actors that are part of this drama with gong yoo. And the drama hasn't even started yet.

• Like 6

6 hours ago, Princi_86 said:

That's weird... From latest news neither Nana nor Nara will play in Goblin. They have script reading next week, but they're still in process of casting for one of leading role. 

I'm a bit worried for "Goblin". And I wonder how KGE's dating news will affect drama.

look i don't think KGE dating news 'll affect this drama , the only one thing that 'll affect is writing, story line and acting as i said before all of 3 leads acting is so good so i don't worry

• Like 4

헐....I have faith in all the three actors confirmed so far. We are looking at acting ability. What's the use of a beautiful dead doll with a good actor. The plot and drama will get complaints I am sure. 

I have come to the realisation that many people don't look beyond the surface and I have made my peace with that. I usually give a drama the 4 episode try-out (even if I don't like the lead) and will drop the drama if it doesn't engage me. Some dramas I don't begin if I don't like the plot but I do not go into the threads of the drama to bash the drama, actors or crew EVEN before the drama has aired. 

I am still excited over the drama and with Gong Yoo, Lee Dong Wook and Kim Go Eun - I will try out the few episodes. Good - continue. Bad - drop. As simple as that. 

• Like 5

c'mon chingus ,lets be positive here ,negatives thoughts will lead no where .every projects has its ups and down through the way ,what matters how it is displayed at the end .

though the writer isn't my favourite but i am sure she is a good marketier ,she wont give up on her project so easily.and she is gonna surprise us 

lets have faith in the cast and wish them luck ,Fighting Goblin 

• Like 4

Rather than the actors, I am skeptical about the writer, as it would be hard to guess how her plot's going to unfold for this one. I was watching an old kim eun sook drama days back, which has got jeon do yeon in it, lovers in prague probably. The story was refreshingly unique,and it was funny and witty [though I only saw one or two ep]. However the plot of heirs fall flat on the ground, and I am not a fan of DOTS either. So it would be awesome if she writes something deep and meaningful this time around,and considering it's tvn, there must be something in the script that made them take this ambitious project, one can hope lol.

• Like 5

Still the premise looks very interesting if mythical / fantasy is done wright with creative Director too. 

Looking at Wookie's character reminds me so much of his character in Iron/Blade man, I can figure how he going to get obsessed with someone.

Gong Yoo, of course many knew him from Coffee Prince-and based on few of his previous drama, he has no issue bringing Goblin's character.

and I know many tried to forget BIG drama from Hong Sisters, who got some of fantasy element too. 

So, both Gong Yoo and Wookie hv experienced in fantasy drama before.

Still a gamble even people said this writer never fails in term on hype and rating, but still depends on the remote controller. If under 3 main broadcasting channels (KBS, MBC, SBS), usually the power is in the hand of ahjumma, but TVn has younger audiences. Earlier comments i read many skeptical with the writer trying into cable channel, bc they knew her style of writing.

----

For Nana VS Nara, to me it looks like Pledis VS Fantagio actually, and both agencies fighting for the news. I'm not really concern about their casting as from the synopsis, nothing much so far. The center of the stage still the main 3 actors.  

• Like 6

Just now, samzz said:

For Nana VS Nara, to me it looks like Pledis VS Fantagio actually, and both agencies fighting for the news. I'm not really concern about their casting as from the synopsis, nothing much so far. The center of the stage still the main 3 actors.  

why couldn't it be Nara for Gong Yoo And Nana for Lee Dong Wook ?! :sweatingbullets:

• Like 1