[Drama 2016-2017] Guardian: The Lonely and Great Goblin 도깨비

Go Seung Ji

@packmule3 I like your biblical explanation on Kim Shin's love for Eun Tak having begin.

If I may add (and I will try my best to explain, it's a little biblical) that Eun Tak was right that God did love him else he would not have made him a goblin and bestowed him powerful powers and even gave him a bride to pull out the sword.

Kim Shin sees the sword as a sort of curse but really the sword, I think represents all the negative emotions of resentment, anger etc. he has carried with him since that day at the court when the King sentenced him to death. God brought Eun Tak to his life to teach him to let go and to live. But to do so, the sword has to be pulled out. Likewise, in our life and according to the Bible, one cannot receive the blessings of God fully if one cannot let go of resentments and anger (and God mentioned this many times in various parts of the Bible to forgive as He has forgive all our sins). Fingers clenched in anger cannot possibly receive gifts for you can't hold on to them. It hurts to forgive especially someone whom have hurt you deeply, but you need to forgive to be able to live and move on. God demonstrates just how much He loves Kim Shin (giving him incredible powers and a bride to love) and forgives him despite Kim Shin has also killed many in his life as a general. 

And Kim Shin is right that Eun Tak is his life's reward. It was God's ultimate reward to him. Love. 

I think this is also one of the themes of this show; forgiveness. Often,  we see how the poison of unforgiveness destroys a person. You forgive for your own sake,  not for that person's sake.

• Like 17

1 hour ago, nearsea said:

Question @PM3, how do we know that ET takes rain as shin disliking her? Did she mention this in one of their talks? 

Btw hands down this is the post that I have been waiting for, my quench for a romance post is now satisfied , thank you :D.

She said so. :wink:

She looked out the window. And she saw the rain hitting the window. She then looked sad and turned to him.

She actually used the word "hate," but I changed it to "dislike" and "distaste" to avoid melodrama. (You know how I abhor angst.)

From dramafever: Do you hate me this much? How much do you hate me ...that you're this sad? 

Aaaayy. You know me. I work with the script. :) 

--edited: I meant just for Episode 5, okay? After  Shin made that "sure! I love you" confession/ non-confession gambit. 

And I know, I know. I owe you a Butterfly God/DH post. BTW, did you notice that he liked to ask questions -- LEADING questions -- that suggest or indicate the answer HE wanted? At first, I assumed that DH was just some pesky inquisitive kid. But now that he revealed that he was a god, and he told Goblin/Reaper that "God is the one who ASK QUESTIONS, and fate is the question I ask. The answer is for you to find." it made sense why he asked questions all the time. He was only pretending NOT to know. 

Okay, traffic is bad tonight but at least it isn't snowing. Thank heavens for small mercies....

• Like 16

I just realized that this writer has written some of my favorite dramas (in red).  I have not watched the dramas in blue, but I will now....I will need something to feel the void when this drama ends. She truly has written some quality dramas.

• Like 10

Oh i can wait for tomorrow and the weekend!!! If only Friday can come now!  

The writer is amazing and i've watched all her dramas from Lovers in Paris.  Wonder how she will write the ending of this amazing show...and if we analysis her past works, i'm guessing that he will make a return somehow and they will reunite. :)

• Like 4

@kiranzz - I think there are lots of fans in other time zones would still like to see the recap here if possible :) For example, I don't typically join the live recap but I always check this thread on Friday morning California time. Thank you so much in advance to all recappers!

• Like 13

Count down for one more day! 

I'm preparing my roll of tissues if they going to end it sadly with my king-sun couple :( 

i hope they will get 30 mins of screen time for each episode because their story has not started yet! 

• Like 4