[Drama 2016-2017] Guardian: The Lonely and Great Goblin 도깨비

Go Seung Ji

10 minutes ago, itzibitzispider said:

Having her memories fixed by GR would mean she will not remember, maybe never.
But suppressed could at least trigger memories, when seeing flowers bloom in winter or standing vis-a-vis from KS

I think it depends on how GR does it. Remember Sunny said his "spell" didn't work well because of how he did the incantation? Since he said to forget "sad memories past and present" he thought he would forget GR and WY not realizing Sun and Sunny's love for both is not only strong but also intertwined with both sadness and happiness. GR probably did a better job with JET but the strong love she had for KS is probably going to make it impossible for her to forget it forever. Different things (necklace, restaurant, chicken shop, etc) will probably trigger emotional reactions much like when GR first saw the jade ring and when Sunny say GR for the first time. I typically don't like the theme of amnesia in K-dramas because it's so overdone but here it makes sense and is not unexpected. I just hope KES unitizes it in a way that it's not cliché and uncreative.

• Like 6

@triplem Yes, in the end it is a greater punishment to be alive but without any memories of KS. He was her first love as well. He was much more than that. He was her guardian, her boyfriend, her benefactor and her umbrella. Since he gave her such a great support in a short time, he became her light in her life. Notice that she had been abused and neglected for so many years. Thanks to him, she could travel, have friends, find a job, have a home and mental support... something she had never experienced in her life. Even when her mother was alive, she must have been a little excluded since she was raised by a single mother. Moreover, JET didn't have any grandparents either. As conclusion, it is normal that she become so depressed and sad. She was robbed of her only solace in life. We shouldn't forget that JET could survive at her aunt's house thanks to her determination but also thanks to the good memories she had from her mother. The time spent with her was a source of strength. Ripped off with KS, JET will find life very hard without knowing why.

• Like 14

5 minutes ago, Nerdy Mina said:

I think it depends on how GR does it. Remember Sunny said his "spell" didn't work well because of how he did the incantation? Since he said to forget "sad memories past and present" he thought he would forget GR and WY not realizing Sun and Sunny's love for both is not only strong but also intertwined with both sadness and happiness. GR probably did a better job with JET but the strong love she had for KS is probably going to make it impossible for her to forget it forever. Different things (necklace, restaurant, chicken shop, etc) will probably trigger emotional reactions much like when GR first saw the jade ring and when Sunny say GR for the first time. I typically don't like the theme of amnesia in K-dramas because it's so overdone but here it makes sense and is not unexpected. I just hope KES unitizes it in a way that it's not cliché and uncreative.

I still don't think he would do it

Sorry I am stuborn there :wink:

KS did ask him, but he did not hear it ... and we never saw KS asking GR later again

• Like 9

let's say her memories are wiped out, there were other ppl who saw KS with ET are not they gonna ask where is he??  you know I would ask? how about Sunny? did she also forget how about DH ? 

from the moment I learnt that KS wants GRP to wipe out the memories of her with him, i supported if brain - memory forgets - wipes out, heart does not, it always looks for that specific person...  True Love.  

There a lot of metaphors & similes here.  From Old - Medieval English  & Early Modern Literature ( Shakespeare times ) disney movies, fables, child classics..  

I am thinking of Sleeping Beauty - True Love's Kiss. 

so she might regain her memory after kissing him lol I sound pervy but Sleeping B woken up from her beauty sleep after Prince Charming kissed her.  

• Like 5

He could very well be wiped out of everyone's active memories... and every sight of his existence erased or manipulated in people's minds.  But Kim Shin  was not exactly a social butterfly anyway. Other than the main characters and I guess the higher ups in the company like The Secretary he was solitary.  

• Like 4

I think ET remembers everyone except for KS. Sunny's memory is not erased. She will weep upon learning abt her Oraboeni's death but again, like what she told KS, "I am Sunny, not Kim Sun." GR will help suppress ET's memory of KS by asking her to look into his eyes. I feel erase means no memory at all, which is too sad for them to go through. ET will forget who KS is but her heart keeps pinning for someone and she keeps searching for that someone. When it rain, when the flowers bloom...Thus her heart hurts and she doesn't know why she's in pain and what her heart is searching for. Thus she asked, "Can someone save me?" So yeah, it's not a full blown makjang amnesia. 

I hope ep 14 won't drag the "amnesia" plot. I want it over with so we can see GR and Sunny have their sweet moments too. Sunny is such a cool girl that having a grim reaper boyfriend may not faze her as much. I think GR should try to woo her. Be there and protect her at all costs and shower her with his love.

#TeamWangSunShinTak 

• Like 14

21 minutes ago, itzibitzispider said:

KS did ask him, but he did not hear it ... and we never saw KS asking GR later again

I would much rather you be right, that there is no amnesia, because that would mean KES took the creative route haha But I think KS and GR did plan something out before he went to fight the Eunuch because he seem to be confident he would be able to get the Eunuch out of JET's body so he can kill him. I think KS knew the Eunuch would posses JET's body because there would be no other way he would be able to get the sword out. We all saw how JET was more willing to die than take the sword out and kill KS.

21 minutes ago, makeuptemple said:

from the moment I learnt that KS wants GRP to wipe out the memories of her with him, i supported if brain - memory forgets - wipes out, heart does not, it always looks for that specific person...  True Love.

I agree and I think that's why she feels the emptiness that they show in the Ep 14 preview.

13 minutes ago, sooyoungdaebak said:

ET will forget who KS is but her heart keeps pinning for someone and she keeps searching for that someone. When it rain, when the flowers bloom...Thus her heart hurts and she doesn't know why she's in pain and what her heart is searching for. Thus she asked, "Can someone save me?" So yeah, it's not a full blown makjang amnesia. 

I hope ep 14 won't drag the "amnesia" plot. I want it over with so we can see GR and Sunny have their sweet moments too. Sunny is such a cool girl that having a grim reaper boyfriend may not faze her as much. I think GR should try to woo her. Be there and protect her at all costs and shower her with his love.

#TeamWangSunShinTak 

I'm definitely #TeamShinTak but I'm team GR and Sunny not Wang Yeo and Kim Sun. Yeah they're essentially the same person soul wise but they're not really the same person in any other way. I did ship WY and Sun but I'm no fan of WY. I also hope there are more Sunny and GR moments. I don't think her memories are wiped out. At least I really hope not.

• Like 8

@chibimidori Ah I also had mentioned "Your Name" in one of my previous posts. It totally made me think of it. Also interesting because it came out in Korea end of last year too so it is fresh in many Koreans' minds. I think that feeling of missing something is going to be similar to ET's based on the preview. (Did you liek it? I loved it!! Watched it twice already. Such a good anime!)

• Like 4

have you guys watched #LDW on Running Man, he tells the little kids that he's an actor, one says I have never seen you before, He says I'm in dramas, movies.  etc  You were in movies LDW: Yes  the little girl asks which movie. lol LDW says it's a movie that you can't watch haahh there are ratings on the movies so you are too young. hahah  it cracks me down each time I watch it. I have seen it on KBS youtube 

• Like 6

50 minutes ago, itzibitzispider said:

I agree with you here.  I think, that before KS went to fight PJW, he already removed the memories.  From the preview, KSN was somewhat surprised, so it could be that she felt him there but it was also at that time that he removed his memory from his sister. Same could be said for DH and Sec Kim.  The only one perhaps who can still remember him is WY because he is a GR (?). 

Probably with JET, if before his powers are useless with her, it became possible because she lost her birthmark.

• Like 4

I like this bts clip. Especially the egg and bean sprout part. LDW fighting the urge to fight back (min 1.40-1.50) hahaha

Credits to vid owner.

7 minutes ago, makeuptemple said:

have you guys watched #LDW on Running Man, he tells the little kids that he's an actor, one says I have never seen you before, He says I'm in dramas, movies.  etc  You were in movies LDW: Yes  the little girl asks which movie. lol LDW says it's a movie that you can't watch haahh there are ratings on the movies so you are too young. hahah  it cracks me down each time I watch it. I have seen it on KBS youtube 

@makeuptemple i think its a clip from return of superman. He babysat lee dong gook kids. Its funny watching him fumble around with kids and the kids love uncle LDW. Haha

• Like 6

Or maybe JET's desperation itself will serve as a door for KS to return.  But how can that be, especially if the memories were really erased? Could it be that this is where the necklace will play its role? Something must have triggered the memories to return for her to feel the desperation and longing, right?

Edited by crazyoverkdrama
Grammar... Again...
  • Like 3

9 minutes ago, RobinM said:

Has he ever done an Adult move like the GY and KGE?? Not being Pervy just wondering :) 

he has done 5 movies one is horror the rest don't look like adult rating. Maybe he meant they are not 15 yet to watch his dramas.  as most of the dramas have the age 15 rating 

@katakwasabi I know the variety show :) it was funny how little girls immediately had a crush on him lol.  

• Like 4

@carolinedl owh really.. sorry i miss that.. i don't have much time to back read recently.. because this thread is moving too fast.. yeah, and i was satisfied enough with the ending for "your name".. i'm expecting Goblin will give me more though because we still have 3 more episodes..  

(of course i love the anime... glad i found someone who appreciate it as much as i do... makoto shinkai is just full of awesomeness...i watched it few times too...  and i was living in Japan for few years so everything in it reminds me of my home in Japan)

• Like 3

1 hour ago, RobinM said:

He could very well be wiped out of everyone's active memories... and every sight of his existence erased or manipulated in people's minds.  But Kim Shin  was not exactly a social butterfly anyway. Other than the main characters and I guess the higher ups in the company like The Secretary he was solitary.  

It is possible that the memory loss is not due to GR but the gods, as KS dying, leaving this world means that everyone who knew him will forget him as technically he was stab to death over 900 yrs ago and resurrected as a Goblin. The only person who still remember his existence is GR.

• Like 7