[Drama 2016-2017] Guardian: The Lonely and Great Goblin 도깨비

Go Seung Ji

Summoning Immortals to enlighten my curiosity (blowing candle).

Who is the second missing soul that GR WY is looking for? Or is he still looking for it? Is it ET's mom? I am a little bit confuse because from eps 10, I understand that ET's mom is already 'up there'. So I'm guessing ET's mom is not a missing soul anymore.

• Like 7

5 pages still trying to catch up with everyones convo in this thread in regards to the past 2 episodes. I guess I have to put my 2 cents in now before I still keep trying to catch up.

Ep. 9 thoughts: I think what I liked about it was Secretary Kim's dancing. I was at a NYE party last night and 3 of my housemates performed one of BTS's songs :w00t:. I was totally reminded of Secretary Kim's singing and dancing last night (LOL!!!)

Ep.10 thoughts: OMG! I think I'm watching a RomCom all of a sudden, with a huge hint of Melo. THAT KISS though! I think I enjoyed it very much. The fight scene had me in stitches because KS for sure is showing off his skills.

> I already had a hunch that the king was GR. But that evil Eunuch was very veil! The young king couldn't get a word in edgewise whenever he starts degrading people. He sounds so bitter and he has so much hatred. I wonder what the Eunuch's backstory is like. You create evil people. They weren't born that way. There should be a root to all that darkness. I can't wait for writer-nim to give us a glimpse of that.

> What a beautiful young queen. I think that KS's family is a very honorable kind. The previous King saw that, that's why KS General was placed to protect young king and the kingdom and was ordered to give his sister to be married into the royal family. Unfortunately, the young king's mind was poisoned by evil eunuch's plan to rule the kingdom. I seriously can't brush off how the scenarios are being played in my head.

> Young King: I appreciate his loyalty to the eunuch that raised him like a son. But, after watching his different facial expressions while watching the eunuch spit poison, the toxic relationship that created, made me feel bad for him. I bet, in his hearts of hearts, he saw things differently. He seemed to be a kind person. Is this what being filial is like? Being a good boy? Following orders from someone even though their decisions aren't good?

> the ring: Interesting item. But whose hand forces the young queen to wear it, I wonder.

The past 2 new episodes were so beautiful. I've been following Gong Yoo since S-Diary movie and his other dramas & movies as well before this one and I must say, I still think he is one of the best Korean actors I know. KGE's very beautiful too. I think after My Girl, this is my fave drama that I've seen LDW in.

6 MORE EPISODES! Can they get an extension?! This is cable TV drama. They can afford it with the sponsors LOL!

And writer-nim, please more skinship. You have a spot in cable TV. Please use it now LOL!

I want to thank the recappers. I was here yesterday, refreshing the page over and over again for the new developments. Thanks so much!

And HAPPY NEW YEAR to you Immortals here! Thank you so much for your theories, analysis, pictures, clips, gifs, etc.! Be blessed!

• Like 14

The mystery is the ring right now.why is important and who give the queen?:phew:

The ironic when siblings killed by one person loved:sweatingbullets:

Poor Kim Shin and Kim Sun...They killed because protected love and country...:tears:

• Like 8

1 hour ago, joyezz said:

Wearing his hat 

that's mean he is stalking her :tears:

Yes :bawling::bawling: I am so tired of seeing them sad&not together ughhh I really hope this scene is in like the beginning of the episode and they can make up later.... There are 6 episodes left for God's sake... :bawling::bawling::bawling:

• Like 9

39 minutes ago, SeGafanlady said:

LMAO on Kim Shin and GR..... Kim Shin the filthy rich that destroyed 30 cars and paid back the car owners a billion won but bring no money aka 5000 won alias 5 USD to pay the sweet roasted potato... Sunny paid for it hahahahaha.... 

when they ate at the Olive chicken... GR paid for it... HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.... I love this drama!!!!

BTW how's your NY eve?? mine was like......

97f9a7889aabfec3aa9f7d53df9e3db9311305ce

LOL LOL LOL, I'm laughing because mine no difference from you

• Like 14

3 minutes ago, gamshe said:

Yes :bawling::bawling: I am so tired of seeing them sad&not together ughhh I really hope this scene is in like the beginning of the episode and they can make up later.... There are 6 episodes left for God's sake... :bawling::bawling::bawling:

If only they can extend two more episode..still I don't want to end this drama

• Like 7

1 minute ago, aurelly said:

Have just re-run ep 9 and 10, and i'm thinking about reincarnation.

IMO, reincarnation late king (Wang Yeo brother) or KS Deputy General will be ET father :confused:

Ahhh, I almost forget...Yes, we haven't yet figure out who ET's father is. So you think he holds an important role in this story? 

• Like 6

1 hour ago, ChunSungIm said:

try monster,much likely she like eun tak,she spoke like a young girl because the character born idiot,she just love her litlle sister and want to protect her at many cost.

I have! It's one of the very first K-movies I watched. Amazing actress! That show left me traumatised though haha

• Like 2

6 hours ago, itzibitzispider said:

The GR saw Sunnys past by touching her, which in a big sense is like waving a flag saying "She is the one"

The ring never touched ET and KS does not recognize the ring, as it was given to the queen by the king.
It's sort-of a wedding ring, full of promise, but as it was given to the queen by a king who already sinned by ordering the deaths of many and ordered many more to come. Even killing the queen, his first love. So he sinned against love, live and the higher beings.

Seeing that the ring was not buried/burned with the queen, it let's us guess that the king took it back as a memento and that's how it could survive (or get into the RedLadies collection) 

I agree that the King gave the ring to the Queen. It symbolised his love for her. Since she accepted the ring, she was telling him that his feelings were reciprocated. Yet, after hearing that the king intented to have KS her brother killed, she decided to take it away. She refused to put it on in order to show that she didn't acknowledge his love for her any longer. When the king noticed it that she was no longer wearing the ring, he got upset and put it back on her finger. 

When she died, she had the ring on her finger and I believe, it was her way to say that she accepted his love and loved the king too, yet she was willing to die for her brother. From my point of view, the king couldn't see that she was wearing the ring. She was too far away and she was looking in the other direction. However (my assumption), after her death, I am quite sure, the king visited secretly her remains and saw the ring on her finger! That's how he realised his wrongdoings. She had loved him and he had her killed. He must have kept the ring with him....  Goblin10-01059.jpg

Notice how deflected he looks like. He was already regretting his actions before he died! He looks neglected as well: his hair looks messed up aso.

As conclusion, the ring symbolises their love for each other but also his sin! In my opinion, from that moment, the king started distancing himself from Park Joong Won and his lies. I am also suspecting that the eunuch must have killed him as well... Since Park Joong Won considered himself as the king's father, he is also above the king and can decide who can become the next king.

By the way, the secretary Kim can not be the reincarnation of the evil eunuch because there is one thing, we learnt from the last episode. Reincarnation means a different body (that's why KS couldn't recognise his sister), but in order to work, the person must share the same name. Since the evil eunuch's name was Park Joong Won, secretary Kim is not his reincarnation. Since he has killed so many people, I am doubting, that he could be reincarnated... if there is an afterlife that looks like heaven, then there must been a hell as well. Notice the difference between the drunk driver and the evil eunuch: the former never intented to kill JYH or the other woman. He killed them because he had a bad habit... In Park Joong Won's case, it is different: he killed the nephew and other relatives to make sure that Wang Yeo would become the next king. It was premeditated murder!!

Then I came to the conclusion that in order to become a GR, you must have regretted your action... Sure, it takes a while, until God gives you a second chance to redeem yourself as GR. Hence I would like to point out that the female GR Kim ... was standing next to Park Joong Won. So she must have committed a sin too, maybe a bigger one because she is younger than our favourite GR KWB!!  So her crime is either heavier than the king or it took her longer to regret it and ask for a chance to make it right. As you can see, determination and will must play a huge part in the reincarnation and afterlife system. That's why I believe, we might not see another Park Joong Won in the present because he didn't regret anything before he died.

Edit:  

@puuuumash As you can see, I see it differently.

@gutibear @rrmskiAbout the missing soul: You are right. It is not her mother. But could it be our goblin? He is the missing soul

- he didn't have any tea ceremony like the others

- when he was turned into a goblin...

In order to be able to live with JET, he has to die and as such, he must ask GR to send a file for himself!! Just a thought! What do you think? 

• Like 24

@rrmski

LOLLL. That scene is GOLD. It's totally unnecessary and irrelevant to the plot, but it's stupidly hilarious and cute. These two have been so tamed by Eun Tak, it's so adorable. They were supposedly wild and dangerous but now they look completely domesticated. LMAO. So cute I wanna put them in my pocket like Mr. Buckwheat!

• Like 18

@Sarang21 LOL!!! 

Thanks to your reference... They are indeed the KIM siblings! 

A kiwi/penguin looking bird and a chick? :crazy:

On another note... Why is our Sunny wearing that yellow bad looking jacket with red top again? I don't know about the rest of the immortals/brides in this forum... But.. I don't like what she's wearing though. :sweatingbullets:

• Like 7

12 hours ago, joyezz said:

Happy New Years,Immortals :)

WangSun 

Then

Now

source http://infinitedramax.tumblr.com/post/155214736397/thennow

Omygod, I love how you pointed out that then and now of him saving her. hahaha! And man, is he hot with the bun and stache. 

On the side note, I was so busy I couldn't join this forum since ep 8 and I just went through 40 over pages of discussion. I didn't dare skip any pages for fear that I might post something that someone has already posted. Although it's really not funny to see 1/3 of the post still discussing how the GR is king and Sunny is Queen...

• Like 11

isn't monster plot a full on copy of dushman - hindi movie..

sis avenging sis death thru rape

8 minutes ago, azuri said:

@Sarang21 LOL!!! 

Thanks to your reference... They are indeed the KIM siblings! 

A kiwi/penguin looking bird and a chick? :crazy:

On another note... Why is our Sunny wearing that yellow bad looking jacket with red top again? I don't know about the rest of the immortals/brides in this forum... But.. I don't like what she's wearing though. :sweatingbullets:

because only then kim shin cud crack dat joke of egg n bean sprout

sometimes costume are designed to fit the story.reflect mood etc than just make the actress/actor look pretty

• Like 8

49 minutes ago, gutibear said:

Summoning Immortals to enlighten my curiosity (blowing candle).

Who is the second missing soul that GR WY is looking for? Or is he still looking for it? Is it ET's mom? I am a little bit confuse because from eps 10, I understand that ET's mom is already 'up there'. So I'm guessing ET's mom is not a missing soul anymore.

This part still left me with confusion. There is no formal evidence that she is already up there. That can be the assumption of ET and the ghost friend that she is up there. 

On the other hand, if she is still missing, GR never talk/ask about ET's mum directly with ET. But how come the drama emphasize the fact that there are still 2 missing souls? A mistake? Unlikely...

another thing I wish to unfold is the uncanny resemblance of the female grim reaper and female evil eunuch. Was it coincidence (that they have no other female actress?) Unlikely...

• Like 7