[Drama 2016-2017] Guardian: The Lonely and Great Goblin 도깨비

Go Seung Ji

\Related imageRelated imageC07jPpAUsAEZ0fh.jpg&key=4ed3c0a37697b9134762e071ec0d3d104010d9de4581f8b6e67f3621ab94c1e6  Image result for the goblin korean drama episode 9  th?id=OIP.Md3b497df087e61fae09531f7d9911C07AXxYUcAE-Ov7.jpg

"He will disappear from the world?  For Good"  Episode 9

ET sitting there with no idea how in just a blink of an eye her fairy tale & happiness would quickly turn into a nightmare and despair...

She can hear the words, she can understand the meaning, she can even see the sincerity in the GR eyes but it's her heart that is pierced by the truth.  Tears that cannot even begin to express all of what she is feeling because she can't imagine a world without her Goblin.  A mixture of lost, confused, brokenness, fear, betrayal and most of all the pain of why me?

Somehow the miracle of her being the branded special chosen bride only to find out in reality she was just a horrible cruel tool born to destroy her savior.  The only person who cared enough to hold her, protect her, allow her to finally have someone to depend on to love and most of all hold back tightly within her own arms.  Her home, her life, her love, her everything...  The Goblin...

All the pain & hurt the Goblin has already felt and faced but for him knowing she was his first love as well must have been so painful to bare.  Yet what he never expected and still can't believe is his falling in love with her all over again.  What to most people might seem like a second chance for him it became a cruel joke by others that would force the love of his life to be the one in the end to take his...

We see that the GR & Goblins relationship is not just about bromance but about past feeling without them even knowing.  Like a master plan and puzzle fit together and just like the Goblin and ET so it is the same with them.  A king & his created knight, brothers, friends who because of evil, greed and others lost their way and in the end lost each other as well...  But not forever...

ET runs away but the Goblin doesn't allow her to escape how can he when she is the Yin to his Yang.  As he tries to explain but she warns him if I see you again I will kill you. Sorry but this made me laugh her trying to be a tough guy knowing all to well she couldn't & wouldn't hurt one hair on his head let alone kill him and that's a fact...

So many scenes like the one in the woods and him admitting any excuse will do if it means being with you...

Or my favorite view the one of just them two...

C07BU-nUoAQmnnO.jpgRelated imageC07BH3cUoAAPMUb.jpgImage result for happy new year images

All I know is this OTP may seem to have everything stacked against them.  Even the powers above, yet I wonder...

What is the lesson those above are trying to teach them.  I place my faith in our writer who understands the passion and strength of two people in love and she has proven it time after time.  Will ET and the changes she continues to make in the Goblins life be the force that allows him to lose the sword and gain the one lifetime he always dreamed of.  Is loving ET more than anything including himself even more than life.  A healing in itself seeing a change in him and his heart.   Is ET's love for the Goblin and her willingness to also give up everything including herself for him the miracle that was always a part of the plan.  Or will their love story and struggles seeing them desperately fighting for each others lives change the hearts of those above...  I don't care about the details but I hope it's the Goblin, ET is waiting for in the future because I can't imagine her being that happy without him...

Happy New Year to all of you may God bless you and those you love:wub:

10 minutes ago, myeongnim said:

a couple of pages back I saw someone talking about RAW links for goblin. I tried going back but can't find the exact page so I can't tag... 
May I ask for those links too?  Thank you! :sweatingbullets:

also wanted to wish everyone here a Happy New Year! It's still the 31st for me but I wanted to thank you all for all the fun in this thread! :heart:

PMed

• Like 6

@selenette @staygold @shiraru

Same here! I am new fan of DH. He is like an onion, got so many layers beneath his cheekiness -just like the actor, Sungjae, whose to my surprise has beautiful voice, Like melted dark chocholate, soft but you can taste the strength.. o boy I am a new fan!- I thought idol can only dance and sing a bit.

Back to DH..

I'd like to think that the main pattern of this drama is CLOSURE. All the ghosts vanish once they find closure. Goblin's adventure started with this butterfly and the Goryeo little boy, and as the boy was reborn again, DH here serve as Goblin guardians to provide closure either as deity or as the hand of deity. 

@hushhh And related to the 'closure', I think it is a good thing that the memory was erased, so that the soul can start the new life and can make a choice for what they will becoming in the next life. If a bad person can still remember their past life, they might not have a new point of view that lead them to the good side and make amend/closure to their previous evil deeds. Perhaps, the evil eunuch was reborn to become the secretary to make amend (like the grandad said, goblin help people to start a new good life)

• Like 21

First of all, happy new year!

Goblin has been really fantastic to follow through the end of 2016 and into 2017. The intertwining relationships between fated lovers, bros and longtime friends are so full of love, laughter and tears.

I find myself rooting for Grim Reaper (GR) and Sunny more than Goblin and Eun Tak as the former has more depth while the latter is at a puppy love phase. It is also because of the past life of GR and Sunny. But I still have my doubts over who GR was in the ancient past, where Goblin's sister got her ring from, who killed or gave the order to kill his sister, why she was killed when the King only wanted Goblin dead, how the history progressed after Goblin's execution etc.

Besides that, the chairman's secretary is potentially a troublemaker. He looked like the eunuch of the ancient past and, like the eunuch, he is a critical assistant to the leader of a grand organisation. But people of modern day haven't been categorically and exactly matched to the personality of their past lives. So, he could just be a good guy. Who knows.

Many times had I laughed and felt heart-wrenched for different characters at different instances while watching the show. I think that is why this show is such a big hit.

Also, it feels empowering to realise that, just like Goblin, anyone has the potential to open any door of opportunity and no place is too far to reach.

• Like 11

@happypuppy Hello! I like Yook Sung-jae, too. I like his acting skills since School 2015, although unlike dear @i.am.bugz.funny , I stopped watching it the moment his character's relationship with Kim So-hyun's character was doomed.

But that's the actor.

I think some time ago he sang on stage still in his Deok-hwa getup...the schedule must be so crazy right now for the cast and crew.

Regarding his character here, I always enjoy Deok-hwa's interactions with other characters. Frankly speaking, even if he was this show's antagonist, I wouldn't mind. 

Edited by selenette
  • Like 13

@happypuppy

i hv been saying the same.. the theme indeed comes across as redemption n closure...

there is a reason y gr n goblin r staying together precisely at the same time when everyone is reincarnating at d same time..

its a lot of pain n time to heal..

et has probably died in childbirth every time..n this may be her very first life

• Like 11

After a long hiatus to kdramaland, I am finally back! And it's because of my forever coffee prince. No one comes close to Gong Yoo! He is one awesome actor. :)

After a long hiatus to kdramaland, I am finally back! And it's because of my forever coffee prince. No one comes close to Gong Yoo! He is one awesome actor. :)

• Like 10

Happy New Year, chingus! The article/compilation of cute WangSun moments is a mood booster after their separation yesterday. Hope they'll find their way back to each other soon! (P.S. Sorry for the weird formatting/ads earlier on--the formatting was out of whack :crazy: It's all good now!)

These Clips Show Why Lee Dong Wook Is The Hottest Grim Reaper Ever

The angel of death has always been a symbol of fear, but in the recent drama “Goblin” viewers are starting to fall for what is probably the hottest grim reaper ever.

Lee Dong Wook is now best known for his role as the Grim Reaper in the mega-hit drama Goblin. His cute appearance mixed with his scary yet soft and sensitive personality makes him one of the most perfect male characters in K-Drama history. Although the drama hasn’t finished yet, the Grim Reaper has already had many cute and hilarious scenes. And, you would be doing yourself a big favour just by looking back at those moments.

Here are some of the best scenes of the Grim Reaper so far:

Sunny tries to talk to the Grim Reaper but he is too shy! He cannot contribute anything to the conversation except make it very awkward. He’s still very cute though.

The Goblin and the Grim Reaper gets smartphones. They try to figure out how it works but they don’t seem to understand it very well…

The Goblin calls Sunny on Grim Reaper’s phone and he panics! He freezes time and tries to “practice” before talking to Sunny.

Once again, the Grim Reaper panics and hides from Sunny but he ends up scaring her.

The Grim Reaper and Sunny have a conversation. Again, it is awkward but his words were just too sweet. 

The Grim Reaper contacts for the most adorable reason.

http://www.koreaboo.com/buzz/theses-clips-show-lee-dong-wook-hottest-grim-reaper-ever/

• Like 14

11 hours ago, skinnerbox said:

Sunny and Grim Reaper deserve a drama of their own, their story is so tragic and beautiful. Can't they make a second season focused on them? And from time to time Shin and Eun-tak appear so we know how they're doing? I don't want it to end!!!

Sorry to cut your post chingu ^^ 

I don't hope for the 2nd season. Although this 1st season is booming and worth watching, i don't think the 2nd season will give the same feeling to us. The story will just go nowhere without any clear ending and for sure it will be bored. That's why KES didn't give us the 2nd season of dots. This is just my thought anyway :)

• Like 18