[Drama 2016-2017] Guardian: The Lonely and Great Goblin 도깨비

Go Seung Ji

@bebebisous33. Agree with you. GR is the King. For me , it does not make sense for him to be the Queen.  The way the King  checked out the queen( or before she became one ) is very similar to how GR invisibly waited for Sunny at the bridge. It was indeed love at first sight in both situations.

Why do you think that ET can pull the sword out now but not before? Is it because their feelings for each other is now mutual? 

53 minutes ago, bebebisous33 said:

To me, there was no doubt that GR is the king and Sunny the Queen, since the king committed huge crimes. The goblin mentioned that a person becomes a GR when he or she committed big sins in their past life.

@bebebisous33 Sorry to cut your post short but I completely agree with that GR is the King and Sunny is the Queen. I always believe that from day one - especially little clues like GR must have commit major crime in past life, his name Wang Yeo in character description, his king lapel pin and his competitive love/hate bickering with Kim Shin. I believe KES was throwing too many red herrings in the last few episode trying to throw people off that GR is King.

You listed all the reasons why GR is King.  I think the major clue  here is that Kim Shin has yet to meet Sunny. Why is the writer taking so long for them to meet each other?  All the other main characters have already met and interacted with each other. Kim Shin and Sunny each interact with Eun Tak, GR and DW on a daily basis but why haven't their paths cross yet?

Also, in ep 6, Kim Shin said his regret was that he has not found the reincarnation of his sister, the Queen, yet. He was still looking for her and haven't found her yet. He still has not met Sunny yet. I think the first time Kim and Sunny meet will be epic - I don't know if he can read her past life or will recognize her as his sister when the meet but I have a feeling the writer is setting up something big for their first meet.

But I'm glad the plot is pushing forward in that narrative - the pieces are finally moving.  Once the past identities are reveal, it's going to cause conflicts and heartaches but there will be still enough episodes left to fully  explore the the outcome of the reveal instead of a rush job at the end of drama.

Kim Eun Sook is doing a fabulous job so far with that narrative!

• Like 20

https://www.soompi.com/2016/12/23/gong-yoos-character-goblin-hilarious-reaction-hit-zombie-film-train-busan/

Gong Yoo’s Character In “Goblin” Has Hilarious Reaction To His Own Hit Zombie Film “Train To Busan”
gong-yoo-kim-go-eun.png

n the latest episode of “Goblin,” things get hilarious when Gong Yoo’s character goes to the movie theater to watch the actor’s huge hit film “Train to Busan.”

Spoilers

Spoiler

Gong Yoo’s character Kim Shin and Kim Go Eun’s character Ji Eun Tak go to the movies together in December 23’s episode of the tvN drama. As the pair sits in the theater before the movie starts, Kim Shin leans over and puts on a cool front as he says to Ji Eun Tak in a serious voice, “Don’t scream and make it awkward for other people. If you’re scared, tell me instead.”

However, it’s Kim Shin that ends up screaming in terror at the zombies on screen in Gong Yoo’s film “Train to Busan,” sending his popcorn flying and humiliating Ji Eun Tak to no end. “I want to get out of here!” he yells, before Ji Eun Tak covers his mouth and apologizes to everyone around them, while simultaneously trying to cover his eyes too.

its without doubt now, that TvN will end 2016 with a Bang! either is it we tearing ourselves messy with those melo scenes one min, then laughting ourselves silly another mins... what a nice way to end 2016. KimEunsook surely is the Queen of Rom-com. we used to like Noona romance, but never realised that after all, ahjussi romance are just as nice too. If  "I Can Hear your Voice" is the Queen of Noona romance, then i should say "Goblin" is the King of Ahjusshi romance, done in very good taste, a total delight, and indulgence in sight, sound, scenic, senses. a total debunk the notion that Age-gap romance does NOT work, does not bring in ratings. i was actually watching splashing Mermaid with my family, then i totally dump that mermaid for goblin. Mermaid still good, but Goblin tale is in a different league altogether already.

• Like 15

4 hours ago, maryofbethany said:

@Chellsee loved your Back-hug pic... nothing beats a backhug after a near-death experience.
this back hug is so angst filled, so emotional charged. an all-out protecting her. dare anyone to still say they generate no chemistry. that full tight grabbing of her from the back, in the spilt moment of defending her... was so sensual... wow! i actually thought i will die by that kiss... haha. i think i was slayed by that Back-hug instead, and that full front-embraced . loved your few photos you just posted.  i have a specail thing for Hugs!!!

Also, I'd like to point out that they didn't put background music when KS hugged her. I really love that they didn't since it made the scene more intimate and real. 

• Like 13

1 hour ago, valzki said:

Have they actually already released the part 6 ost (sam kim - who are you)? I still saw it on youtube just now.

@valzki I checked on korean music website, they have not yet release the part 6, maybe they will release it tomorrow as it was scheduled before. About the youtube one, maybe the uploader is tired and made a mistake. Seems like today we got 2 new soundtracks haha

• Like 5

11 minutes ago, vivvianne22 said:

In S.Korea, there's a tradition when someone turns 20 years old, they're going to receive 3 things : flowers, perfume, and kiss. And Ji Euntak sure received all those three from Kim Shin.

Perfume? CHECK.

Kiss? CHECK.

Flowers? ALMOST. LOL

Lesson of the day: if your boyfriend is a Goblin, don't ever thinking of talking with other guys. LOL

I like your investigation on those things chingu ;) she had received the buckwheat flowers from KS at the beginning. Is it counted? :phew:

• Like 6

17 minutes ago, triplem said:

@bebebisous33. Agree with you. GR is the King. For me , it does not make sense for him to be the Queen.  The way the King  checked out the queen( or before she became one ) is very similar to how GR invisibly waited for Sunny at the bridge. It was indeed love at first sight in both situations.

Why do you think that ET can pull the sword out now but not before? Is it because their feelings for each other is now mutual? 

Yes, the way the King met his future wife was a little similar to the way GR met Sunny.

I believe that ET couldn't remove the sword before because of KS. In my opinion, Eun Tak already loved KS without restraint but for the goblin it was different. He always tried to hide his feelings, to restrain his love for her. He had realised that she was his first love, but he tried to contain his affection. Like he said it, he needed to die before he loved her too much and this shows that he was restraining himself. Notice that the hug he gave her was full of warmth and love... he was giving in! You can feel it, while the pad on her head and on her shoulder (at the beginning) revealed that he was trying to contain his feelings. There is some akwwardness from his side, while Eun Tak has no problem to grab his hand for the watch or to kiss him.

He has finally accepted that he wants to live and love her unconditionnally. 

• Like 15

35 minutes ago, bebebisous33 said:

To me, there was no doubt that GR is the king and Sunny the Queen, since the king committed huge crimes. The goblin mentioned that a person becomes a GR when he or she committed big sins in their past life.

Spoiler

This episode confirms it more:

- Yes, some people will say that since the queen had tears in her eyes and GR has a similar reaction, they could be the same person. However, this doesn't make any sense. This reaction would make the GR look like a self-centered and narcissic person. No, from my point of view, his tears are mirroring the tears the Queen when she was dying. The king felt the same way but could never show it, since he was acting like a King. However, the portray triggered his memory and all he had was pain. This is pretty clear that he suffered so much from the loss that even if his memories got erased, the pain was so huge that it couldn't be entirely erased. Notice that each tear is connected to a trigger:

- the ring

- the painting of the Queen 

All these are clues that GR is the king who loved her very much and regretted his decision. If GR were the Queen, this would make her look selfish: he is reminded of his own death? 

- In this new episode, we see a new scene between the Queen and the King. Notice that Sunny's face is shown just before we see the Queen walking. Actually, the Queen wasn't Queen yet. She was getting prepared to her new role. She needed to learn how to walk like a Queen that's why she has a plate on each shoulder. She is supposed to walk without dropping them. The King had heard that his future bride was training and he wanted to see her face, that's why he is disguised as guard. However, the Queen noticed him and got surprised so that the two plates fell. She wasn't dressed like a Queen because she hadn't the title yet. Moreover, her training required less beautiful clothes. 

As conclusion, for the King, it was love at first sight... just like with Sunny.

@triplem @sakura2016 @selenette @maryofbethany @Sarang21 @Yongzura @littleloony

yes, I agree with you!! I had no doubt that Grim Reaper was the King and Sunny is the Queen!! the Queen did nothing wrong to be reincarnated as a Grim Reper and that's why she's reincarnated as a human: Sunny!! but now seeing Grim Reaper in pain remembering her in his previous life made me sad for him!! :tears: I knew that the time will come for him, Kim Shin and Sunny to realise it but now it feels real and it makes me worried of how it will affect his new friendship with Kim Shin!! things will take an ugly-sad turn when when Kim Shin will realise that his house mate and new "friend" is non other than the King who caused all his suffering for 900 years and who's in love again with the reincarnation of his sister!! and what will Grim Reaper do when he'll realise that he was the one who betrayed and dishonored Kim Shin and was behind his death/curse and that Sunny is the reincarnation of his 1st and only love: the Queen?!! being a Grim Reaper while Kim Shin became a Goblin and Queen reincarnated as a human is enough for him to know what a HUGE sin he committed against them!! OH MY!! :heartbreak: 

• Like 16

31 minutes ago, beijingdoll said:

Eun Tak said that catching a cherry blossom leaf makes your 1st love come true and when she did catch one for the first time the #Goblin was there playing baseball with TaeHee.. IM NOT OK... THE FEELS!!!

Don't forget that Kim Shin did catch one too (EDIT: it was a maple leaf) when Eun Tak went to Canada for the first time :phew: so it means Kim Shin's 1st love will come true and his 1st love is Eun Tak. 

• Like 10

Pretty sure GR is the king too...

not sure if this was mentioned before but the king's outfit in flashback is black in colour (even in today's flashback).

i think, the moment when KS met sunny down the road, all hell would break loose.

since he's the only one who remembers everything clearly,it's impossible for him not to remember his sister's face.

(since dramas always assume the leads to have some kind of superb facial recognition abilities...take ET for example.

if u know what i mean.haha)

• Like 10

- the sunny and grim reader date is amazing, his eyes are so in love, everything between them is great, i feel their chemistry now more than bromance

- sunny is surely the queen

- goblin is not allowed feeling happy

- the trailer was trolling, there werent much of dating or jealousy

- are they shooting that live, the scene in front of police station was just few days ago.

- baskin robin and subway are too noticeable this episode.

if 2017 ET is 20 years old, which year was she born? sorry korean year is always seem confusing.

• Like 14

12 minutes ago, frankreich said:

Also, I'd like to point out that they didn't put background music when KS hugged her. I really love that they didn't since it made the scene more intimate and real. 

@frankreich yes, that moment is nothing of cheesy and romantic feels... rmemeber he was feeling fresh from his pain, very likely is still in deep excruciating pain in the heart. i was actually pondering , what bring forth that pain so suddenly. i guess, as his love deepened towards her, her identity of being His Bride taking real shape, and when he felt deep with feels for her, moved or touched by her, remembered before that scene, was hearing her singing thsoe ballad..  i just he must have felt she was as if singing to him... at least that give me the feels ET eyes lightened up when saw him at door way... the deepened love will make the pain returns? which means my theory that even if ET is still the Bride, she can postphone drawing the sword till 50 years later is NOT possible. because as he loved her more, his pain will be deepened?

loved that moments, when he still engulfed in that real excruciating pain, charged forward to place his body to cushioned ET's fragile body and slammed against the vehicles,. i loved that grab at her waist... just can't find the word in my vocab to describe it. very intense. right there, his fear of turning into ashes by having ET drawn the sword is all gone, the pain all gone, he think not of himself anymore..,.. left is the very urgent present danger of seeing ET smashed into pieces. its give me the feels of watching those Superman movies , of Clark saving Lois, using his super body to shelter Lois, when in aftermath, the whole landscape is ruined in total destrution, yet Only Lois is saved... this "Under his Wing sheltered Thee" feel, has that scale of grandeur... ! for a mere kdrama ... its almost befitting a hollywood production scene.

• Like 16

59 minutes ago, frankreich said:

I'm on a winter holiday abroad and I haven't been able to read the posts here for almost a week! I need to backread fast! I just finished watching the raw and to those who predicted that the OTP are probably watching Train to Busan... *applause* I was legit laughing out loud and my family were just looking  at me. Haha. The ending was very surprising though. ET can pull the sword! And then everything happened so fast that I didn't know how to react. But I may have probably laughed a little because of how extremely dramatic and random the destruction of cars was. I have to wake up early to watch the episode again. Thanks for the updates and discussion, everyone! 

Yeah i concur, anyway were those cars in parking area without people in it? But looking at the light from the truck there should be people driving it. 

• Like 10

1 hour ago, valzki said:

So does it mean the king doesn't have a queen yet at that time? I agree with you. If she is a queen, impossible for the king to give the command to kill her own wife. Does the ring have any meaning or it is just an accessories to label her a queen-to-be/his first love? 

in this episode's flash back it was the time when they are still to get married but not yet married!!

it can be his gift for her?!!

1 hour ago, ucylucy said:

‘Guardian’ looking for amateur actors

Spoiler

Ongoing tvN drama “Guardian” is seeking amateur actors to play extras.

A notice was posted on the drama’s Facebook page on Tuesday, saying the production team is in need of people who can act as simple passers-by on the streets and unassuming customers at restaurants. 

The only requirement for applicants was to have a “neat appearance.” It did not ask for previous experience in acting nor specific age or gender. 

The job offered 130,000 won ($107) per day of work, and suggested those interested to apply together with friends.

The notice instantly grabbed the attention of thousands and spots quickly filled up. 

If you missed it this time, keep an eye out for the next notice. 

http://kpopherald.koreaherald.com/view.php?ud=201612231700453056256_2

"The job offered 130,000 won ($107) per day of work, and suggested those interested to apply together with friends."

I believe the amateur actors would be happy enough to be part of thi drama with no money in return!! I'd be supper happy and satisfied to be a passer-by in Gong Yoo's scene and they won't need to pay me!! :love:  

48 minutes ago, triplem said:

I think so!! before being able to pull the sword Eun Tak was obviously affected by Kim Shin's words and hug!! so they are on the same page emotionally now!! at least that's how I see it!! :D

• Like 12

This episode was simply amazing with and without subs. There's just something about the drama that makes me feel like I could watch it forever. Anyway, on to the State of the Characters:

KS-ET: No discernible movement on JET's feelings towards our Goblin. For sure, there's something there, especially during the scene where he pats her head and time just flies. But she still sees him as her life-saver, more family than lovers. Like she says during that last scene (before it goes to hell in a hand basket), she feels like meeting him was like she was getting a family. Now whether her "family" means more platonic or more "lovers" is still unclear right about now. But KS definitely loves her. Not sure that he's in love with her yet but his love is definitely less platonic if we go by his feelings of jealousy about TH oppa. Speaking of TH oppa, how hilarious is it that they met in the past? KS, JET and TH were definitely all destined to meet again in the present. I loved loved loved how KS originally went over to intimidate TH and ended up being the one intimidated by TH's long memory :)

GR-Sunny: Definite movement here, both in the present and in regards to finally identifying which of them is the King and Queen. I loved how GR is so honest about his interest in her. And how his honestly moves her so much that she can't help falling into him the more they meet. GR's completely guileless and I think that quality is irresistible to Sunny. As for their shared past, GR's tears when he finally saw the portrait was quite gut-wrenching. I wonder how it must feel, to have such deep soul-guttering emotions but not know where or why they exist. Must be quite frustrating and I can't wait for tomorrow, when he tells KS that he feels like he's seen the Queen somewhere. And also, is the Red Lady beginning to feel bad about the fate of the King and Queen? Her comments to the other grim reaper about it not being a sin to love makes me wonder if, like speculated here, she'll be the one to grant GR-Sunny a happy end. Because if she's the one in charge of making sure that they suffer for what happened, she sure doesn't seem too enthused about their suffering now if she was in the past.

KS-GR: I love how they both keep going back and forth about the state of their friendship. However, when it's all said and done, they do still try to be there for each other. This is the bromance legends will be written about :)

DH-Credit Card: For now, seems like these two lovers were reunited.. Or were they broken apart again? DH sure seemed enthused about returning the Queen's portrait for Gramps promise of an allowance. Wonder if his love was taken away again. His reunion with KS was perfect...up until KS asked for the card again. How could anyone want to destroy this beautiful relationship...huh KS?

Was I the only one who found Secretary Kim weird when he was outside wondering about a person who never ages? Please don't be the evil eunuch reincarnated. Please don't.

This was a great episode and I hope JET finally finds out exactly what happens when the sword comes out. What happened today is not something he can just wave away and pretend it never happened.

• Like 18