[Drama 2017] Rebel: Thief Who Stole the People 역적: 백성을 훔친 도적

Go Seung Ji

@chasen8888 thank you for the greet and recap ep.14.

I'm so happy that Eorini in good condition and stay in the palace. But, I am also very sad when watching death of Ahmogae. He is outstanding father. I can not wait to see the brothers and sister were reunited.

After that ep.14. I'm curious about Mori. Where is he go after kill Heo Tae Hak? Will he back to ChoongWon, help him to return from exile??

Have a good weekend..:)

• Replies 357
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Gil Dong better start practicing those fighting skills 'cause shooting wheat won't always be enough. (Same goes for his "windy" screaming.)

It's good to know that their sister is alive and well (at least she looks like she's alright). The departure of Gil Dong's father for another world was really sad, and I'm not saying this in a cheesy way. It was truly touching. He's had such a hard life.

Meanwhile, I can't believe Madam Jo, or whatever her name is, still walks around. And that political buddy of hers (the Prince)... I understand we need them for the plot, but they get on my nerves, especially Madam. I'm surprised her son turned out to be a decent human being, considering how snotty he was in his childhood. (By the way, every time they show Lee Ro Woon, or the pumpkin as I call him, I become a puddle of goo. :lol: The kid is precious. Like a little bear. :))

Mori is a good antagonist.

What made me happy was the foreseer's prediction, and it wasn't because I want Gil Dong to leave this life. Finally, someone said something about the importance of using his gift! (I understood his father's point at the time, and yet...) The kid grew up under some serious psychological pressure.

On a side note, my mom was watching it with me, and she said, "When I look at the king... A pervert." And I lost it right there and then. :lol::D

Spoiler

-------

DRAMA RECAPS

Rebel: Thief Who Stole the People: Episode 14

uMlEJgd.jpg

It’s a new chapter in Gil-dong’s life as he celebrates his victory over Choongwongoon with the rest of his crew, and it’s also the beginning of a new reign of terror as Yeonsangun realizes that he can possess much more power through fear than respect. The winds of change blow over Joseon as Amogae passes his mantle of authority to Gil-dong, and Yeonsangun revels in his newfound authoritarian strength.

EPISODE 14 RECAP

Amogae surveys his Ikhwari with fond eyes and spies his men going about their daily lives. Yonggae practices with his preferred weapons, and Amogae nicknames him Nunchucks Yonggae and teases him about his fear of women. Ilchung, who is practicing his tai chi on a rock, lets out a loud fart, and Amogae turns to him and tells him that he has faith in Monk Ilchung. Segul finally confesses to Amogae that he wasn’t actually a nobleman, but the foster son of one, so it should still count, right? Amogae looks at him with tender eyes, and soon Keutsae finds him and asks him for a nickname. Amogae names him Reversal Keutsae because he looks tough on the outside, but is actually cute and sensitive inside.

Ga-ryung tells Amogae that she does not want to take on the family name (because then Gil-dong and she would be family and wouldn’t be able to marry), even though she knows that Gil-dong pines for someone else. Amogae replies to Ga-ryung that Gil-dong likes her too. Soboori asks Amogae why he helped him at their first meeting, and Amogae tells him it was “just because.” Soboori tells Amogae that he partnered with him because he thought he was a crazy man for wanting to take down his master. But now Soboori knows that Gil-dong is the real crazy one for dreaming and actually accomplishing the takedown of a member of the royal family.

Gil-dong and Amogae rest on a rock while they are on their way to visit his mother’s gravesite. Amogae tells his son the story of how he and his mother met. Amogae wanted to run away after a harsh beating from the master, and she was crying at the stone wall of the household asking him not to leave. Amogae tells his son that his mother was always sorry to him for not letting him go then, because she believed she denied him the freedom to enjoy traveling and life. But Amogae wouldn’t have been as happy without knowing his wife, before telling Gil-dong that he must stay alive for the sake of his new Hong family. A traveler then calls to ask for help, and Gil-dong leaves his father’s side for a moment.

Spoiler

f73JqgP.jpg

Amogae speaks to the wind, calling to his wife, saying he’s only half a day away from her. He reaches for his shoe that has fallen off, but then his movements stop. Gil-dong notices the stillness of his father and puts the shoe back on, chiding him for losing it. He reaches for his father’s hands and caresses his face, knowing that Amogae is no longer a part of the world anymore.

Tears fall from his eyes, and Gil-dong tells his father that he’s done enough and that he’s struggled enough in this life. Gil-hyun, who was walking in the palace, feels a sadness that makes him suddenly stop in his tracks. Gil-dong tells Amogae that in the next life, he’ll be born as Amogae’s father so that he can protect him and spoil him as Amogae did to him and his siblings in this life. Atop the mountain, Gil-dong weeps for his father and says he’ll never forget him.

Read more:: www.dramabeans.com/2017/03/rebel-thief-who-stole-the-people-episode-14/

IG updates

Spoiler

LOL at soobin :D

Team Dramabeans: What we’re watching

by DB Staff | March 18, 2017 | source

It’s been a sluggish season for me, so now that we’re heading into spring I’m hoping a few of our new and upcoming arrivals will liven up the joint. It’s all about waiting for that one to spark with you, whether it’s because of an actor or a fresh plot or an interesting tone. I guess when you watch dramas all day every day, it’s hard to find something to surprise you! Not that I’ll ever stop trying. –javabeans

javabeans

Rebel: Thief Who Stole the People: I like this show, I do. But there’s something in its pacing and its very episodic storytelling structure that makes it difficult for me to get hooked, despite liking it very much. The pacing feels slow and steady, which isn’t necessarily a bad thing but is probably why I’m consistently one and a half weeks behind on episodes, because it’s a show I can’t binge-watch.

girlfriday

Rebel: Thief Who Stole the People: This week’s episodes were really touching. I knew what we were in for, but this show is so well-directed moment by moment that of course I got swept up in the whole father-son passing of the torch and the sentimental send-offs. It felt like the proper closing of a chapter, wistful and bittersweet—something this show does really, really well.]

HeadsNo2

Rebel: Thief Who Stole the People: Noooooooo, Amogae!

About Mori: yeah, I watched the beginning of the 1st episode again, like many of you. And Mori was the leader of the opposition. I.e., he was the one who tied Ga Ryung to the pole and told GD and his army to retreat.

Also, Gil Hyun was back in the gang.

Aside from the many reunions up ahead, I'm also looking forward to Gil Hyun realizing that his bestie Jeong Hak is actually Lady's Jo's son. And although he's enjoying his dream life as a nobleman and scholar with a palace job, I think he'll see soon enough that the king is not so worthy of his admiration, that true loyalty lies in fighting for the citizens' rights.

Rating EP.15: 9.7%

----

[SPOILERS] REBEL: THIEF WHO STOLE THE PEOPLE EP15

Spoiler

0000246855_001_20170320232038756.jpg

rebel.png

Naver - Sports Seoul: 'Rebel' Yoon Gyun Sang, Getting closer to Kim Ji Suk...Kim Jung Tae hold Ahn Nae Sang's hand

1. [+560, -18] Can't Prince Choong Won just die...I'm going crazy...ㅋ Prince Choong Won is coming back...This is really horrible. But the cast for Uh Ri Ni is really daebak...

2. [+468, -7] As expected, now or than the highest people live by braking the law while the others suffer, It's still the same...

3. [+330, -16] What's Ahn Nae Sang's true identity?????????

4. [+251, -6] Nobleman Jo's wife is really persistent

5. [+147, -5] I know it's just a drama, but there is no soldiers or anyone with the exiled person? how can they meet him?

6. [+105, -2] How did they find the place of an exiled person?

7. [+97, -1] I feel like Prince Choong Won is coming back really strong

8. [+92, -4] Jeong Da Bin is Uh Ri Ni, and Lee Sun Min will play a bad role ㅋㅋ but Lee Sun Min looks more like Uh Ri Ni when she was a child

9. [+82, -3] But Uh Ri Ni or Jeong Da Bin or Lee Sun Min are all the same age

Spoiler

201703202150009547767_20170320221119_01_20170320222413481.jpg

rebel.png
Naver - heraldpop: 'Rebel' Kim Jung Tae, Met Seo Yi Sook x Ahn Nae Sang "I will get my revenge on Yoon Gyun Sang"

1. [+428, -6] Prince Choong Won is really persistent...

2. [+301, -5] Prince Choong Won will come out alive and him and Nobleman Jo's wife will bother Gil Dong so much ㅠㅠ

3. [+237, -9] I'm really annoyed, i can't believe anyone who comes is really good at acting

4. [+316, -24] Since Amogae has left the tense has has dropped...I will just keep watching it...

5. [+75, -1] Gil Hyun is working outside but still didn't see Gil Dong! Let's not make it any longer and let them meet

6. [+59, -7] Seo Yi Sook looks like Park Geun Hye

7. [+47, -3] I really hate that grandma

8. [+44, -5] Among the actresses, the hardest working actress is Jin Kyeong and the most hard working acto among male actors is Ahn Nae Sang

Spoiler

201703202256777759_58cfdfcc680d9_99_20170320230803.jpg

Naver - Osen: 'Rebel' Chae Soo Bin "Yoon Gyun Sang, if you get hurt again, i'll die"

1. [+30, -1] Aigoo, this is so sweet and Chae Soo Bin is so pretty

2. [+18, -0] Ga Ryung is really cute

3. [+12, -0] she looks super cute when she opens her eyes and just stared at him,

cr

I love The new OST.  It seems like it's Ga Ryung and Gil dong's theme.  There's a time jump in the next episode.  I'm curious why the three water maids were highlighted at the end of today's episode.  One of the girls looks like Jang Da Bin.  Glad we got a bit of background about Ga Ryung but is that it?

1 hour ago, honeywell said:

I love The new OST.  It seems like it's Ga Ryung and Gil dong's theme.  There's a time jump in the next episode.  I'm curious why the three water maids were highlighted at the end of today's episode.  One of the girls looks like Jang Da Bin.  Glad we got a bit of background about Ga Ryung but is that it?

You mean this OST right?

I still feel like the story Ga Ryung told GD wasn't everything. It was too simple, and would honestly make me a little upset if that's all there is to her, lol. I do love the new OST, it fits GD and GR very well. And how old is that shaman...really? When she said she was the one that blessed the tree, I was like, 'whaaaaaaat?'

Ahn Nae Sang's character(Teacher Song, if that's his real name) is so mysterious. I thought we were going to get some questions concerning him answered, but now to me there's even more. He seems to be a master manipulator. A puppet master if you will. TS is always mentioning the desperation he sees in others, and you can tell he feeds off of it. I shuddered when I saw the translation of him saying he "created" GH. Could TS also be the person that GR father owed the debt to? Every time I see him on the screen I find myself asking, "who are you?", as if he'll answer :blink:. Other than the borderline creepiness of his character here, ANS is to Saeguks what chocolate frosting is to chocolate cake...perfection.

Can't wait for episode 16. Have a nice day all!

I'm so intrigued by Teacher Song, too! I can't tell if he's good or bad.

GOOD: He helped GH. But he does seem to enjoy the role of puppet master a little too much. (I think it's also possible that he knows GH is not really named Park Ha Seong.)

BAD: Lady Jo whispered who he is to Prince Choong Won and that seemed to change his mind. So maybe he's a hidden royal or something?

In any case, he helps Prince Choong Won escape exile. Not good.

--

My other thoughts:

- GH and GD miss meeting each other AGAIN. NOOOO!

- GD is indulging his thug life a little too much. Him selling liquor during prohibition is hurting poor people but he doesn't care. 

- Nok Soo, playing hard to get with the king.

- Ga Ryeong, not playing hard to get.

Ratings 170321:  #RebelHongGilDong : 8.8%

(Not sure why it dropped, probably its bcos of the finale ep of SBS drama yest) - source

----

[SPOILERS] REBEL: THIEF WHO STOLE THE PEOPLE EP16

2017032201002030300142651_99_20170321230604.jpg

Spoiler

2017032201002030300142652_99_20170321230604.jpg

Naver - Sports Chosun: 'Rebel' Kim Jung Tae starts his counterattack...Yoon Gyun Sang♥Chae Soo Bin Pink Romance

1. [+744, -6] I thought Ahn Nae Sang was a good sunbae but it turns out he is a intermediate boss...

2. [+493, -7] Ahn Nae Sang is kinda annoying...

3. [+410, -20] Today Gil Dong and Ga Ryung's kissing scene did everything...their acting, the way they look at each other...ah....i was really impressed...In the meantime, Chae Soo Bin is really pretty..

4. [+337, -10] Waw, from now the story will begin ㄷㄷYoon Gyeong-sang and the royal family opposed each other. Didn't watch the broadcast because of The defendant but from next week i'll make sure to watch it!

5. [+283, -11] As expected, Jeong Da Bin is Gil Dong's youngest sister...

6. [+204, -1] I thought Ahn Nae Sang was the good guy but it turns out he was completely class-centered trash ㅠ

7. [+171, -1] Lee Su Min has child Uh Ri Ni's face....

8. [+159, -8] Lee Su Min looks more like child Uh ri ni...Jeong Da Bin is Uh Ri Ni but i can't find a resemblances~~ However, Gil Dong and Ga Ryung are so sweet~~ Gil Dong is taller and bigger, that's why my heart fluttersㅋㅋㅋ Since Prince Choong Won and Mori are back, i'm looking forward to more tension >_<

9. [+90, -2] Just make Lee Su Min play Uh Ri Ni...I know Jeong Da Bin plays that role but every time i think about Uh Ri ni my eyes go to Lee Su Min...

10. [+72, -0] Ahn Nae Sang's dressed like a gentleman but he is the complete opposite

cr

I havem't watch todays episode yet but my guess is that The one that came out of exile will be looking to get his mine back but GD has passed it on to the King things are going to get pretty interesting until I think the boys figre out who and where evil mama is.. Since father died son seemed to have humble himself but I think the old him is still on the surface just hasn't been shown yet..  

I've been following this drama ever since the beginning and this is my first post.

I'm so happy that Gil Dong finally confessed to Ga Ryung!! After so many years of waiting, Gil Dong finally has feelings for her!! I love their kiss so much!! They have a really good chemistry together!!

The story that Ga Ryung told to Gil Dong reminds me of their relationship... Ga Ryung waiting and staying beside Gil Dong until they finally got together... the story also mentioned the couple having two daughters... hopefully Gil Dong and Ga Ryung will also have some children before Ga Ryung's "Death" (I have a feeling that Ga Hyung will survive that arrow....)

I find it so frustrating that when Gil Dong, Gil Hyun and Ri Ni keep passing each other but that still haven't run into each other yet... I really hope they will reunite soon.

I can't tell if Ahn Nae Sang's character is a good guy or not... I thought he was trying to help the nation and the people yet he helped a guilty man be free... Not sure if he's being manipulated or not...

I can't wait for episode 17!!

DRAMA RECAPS

Rebel: Thief Who Stole the People: Episode 15

eBFYXUb.jpg

There’s plenty to celebrate for our Hong clan as they prove their worth to their greatest client: the king. Gil-dong proves his ability as the new Great Elder, with his intelligence, ambition, and his strength. But even with great success, his life is threatened by the very strength that makes him valuable. He’s warned not to take this immense power for granted, and he’s challenged to rethink his way of using his gifts. But the question is, will he change for the better, or continue down his current path?

EPISODE 15 RECAP

Weak and dying, Lord Noh prompts Gil-hyun to contemplate the true meaning of loyalty and vows to promote Gil-hyun to a higher rank as his final gesture to protect the king from those who act out of spite. He’s referring to some of our main players — Nok-soo, Gil-dong, and Choongwongoon — and warns us of their power: “These spiteful people can manipulate the king and the people to resolve their grudges.”

Madam Jo brings Scholar Song to meet Choongwongoon, and she explains that the estranged royal helped her bring justice to Amogae for murdering her husband. Choongwongoon has doubts about Scholar Song’s ability to help him, but Scholar Song isn’t bothered by the skepticism. He simply introduces himself as an ordinary citizen, searching tirelessly for someone to become a pillar for the nation. Then, he pointedly asks if Choongwongoon’s motive for punishing Amogae was actually to seize Amogae’s wealth. Offended by Scholar Song’s contempt, Choonwongoon sends them away and retreats to his room. Madam Jo follows him inside and pleads that he tell Scholar Song his true story. She insists that Scholar Song will be able to help him, and she whispers to him the true identity of Scholar Song, which sparks a realization in Choonwongoon’s eyes.

Gil-dong and his Hong family find Park Ha-sun’s house, which looks pretty shabby for the home of a nobleman. He’s not home, and the female servant says that her noble reads all day and lives humbly. Gil-dong decides to leave without meeting with the helpful noble and orders Soboori to not bribe this nobleman, because he doesn’t want to corrupt upright scholars like Park Ha-sun. After Gil-dong leaves, Gil-hyun (code name: Park Ha-sun) returns to his home; thus, another opportunity for a brotherly reunion is lost.

Spoiler

Later that night, Choongwongoon invites Scholar Song into his room and reveals his true motives for punishing Amogae. He truly believed that as a member of the royal family, he had an obligation to preserve social order. Scholar Song asks if Choongwongoon intends to get revenge on Gil-dong if he’s released from exile, and Choongwongoon vows to retaliate against not only Gil-dong, but his whole clan. At the palace, Nok-soo bows to the king in gratitude for the retribution against the wretched old noble who scarred her mother and herself. Yeonsangun asks for a token of her gratitude, requesting her heart. But Nok-soo responds that she cannot give her heart to him, since she already gave it to another man. Yeonsangun laughs at her audacity, more intrigued than before.

As Nok-soo leaves, Eunuch Kim follows and asks if the man who took her heart is Gil-dong. She answers with a question: Why did he think Gil-dong would never become the mighty one to change history? He responds with a reference to Gil-dong as the clever witness (he doesn’t reveal that it was Gil-dong to Nok-soo) at the grand court who wasted his talents. He says that if the one does not use the strength and talents granted by the heavens, one cannot change history. He ends their conversation at that, leaving Nok-soo more vexed and pensive in his wake.

The king’s servile minister, Ja-kwang, presents the rows of scholars who helped the king seize power. The king wishes to reward them, so first, he asks Jeong-hak about his request. Jeong-hak asks for a nice home for his mother, and he’s complimented for being a dutiful son. Next, the king turns to Gil-hyun, who requests to work as an incognito traveler outside the palace so that he can be the real eyes and ears for the king. Yeonsangun is pleased by Gil-hyun’s response and commends him for his extraordinary dedication.

After their meeting with the king, Jeong-hak expresses his surprise at Gil-hyun’s decision to work as a traveler outside the palace and wonders about his motivations. As they converse, a group of young maids passes by, and we return to the closing scene of the previous episode. A purple ribbon drops to the ground, and a girl quickly goes back to retrieve it. We see that it’s Eorini, well and alive as a palace maid in training.

Eunuch Kim checks in with the newly appointed royal craftsman, Soboori, and tells him that his job is not only to prepare the king’s garments. He says that the royal craftsman must also build the king’s dignity. Soboori has no idea what that means, but Eunuch Kim’s subtle side-eye shuts up his joking mannerisms. Eunuch Kim clarifies that they need the best for the king and orders three-hundred nyang (or taels of silver) in two months.

It’s an excessive order from Eunuch Kim, and our bandits seem worried. Gil-dong decides that they’ll need to expand their silver mine and find the best workers to fulfill that order. But soon after the order, Eunuch Kim requests that Soboori rush the process even more, since the king expressed disapproval of the faded cloth on his royal carriage. Soboori’s slight slip of the tongue in a moment of pressure reveals that there’s another figure above him who rules the silver mines, and Eunuch Kim demands to meet the true head of the mines.

Eunuch Kim is escorted to the Hanyang house by Soboori, and Gil-dong announce his entrance into the room. When the two come face to face, they stare at each other in a silent moment of recognition.

As Soboori and Ilchung nervously wait outside the room, Gil-dong and Eunuch Kim comment on their fateful encounter. Gil-dong assumes that this is their first encounter after the gibang, but Eunuch Kim reveals that he saw Gil-dong fairly recently, in his role as “footstool.” Tensions are elevated, and Gil-dong chugs some alcohol to admit to his fraud. He explains that he owed Choongwongoon retribution and asks Eunuch Kim why he didn’t disclose Gil-dong’s identity during the hearing. Crafty Eunuch Kim merely shrugs with an “I don’t know” before taking his leave.

Yeonsangun writes as he tells Eunuch Kim about the ruler he hopes to be. He surely wants to be a good and wise king, but more importantly, he intends to be a dignified monarch. He tells Eunuch Kim that he plans to host a banquet soon and wants to see a dignified look with blue peacock feathers. But on that top of that, it seems that the king has ordered the purchase of many more delicacies, and these purchases are quickly depleting the national treasury.

Read more:: http://www.dramabean...ple-episode-15/

Archived