[Drama 2017] Rebel: Thief Who Stole the People 역적: 백성을 훔친 도적

Go Seung Ji

• Replies 357
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Rebel: Thief who Stole the People Ep 5

Spoiler

rebel%2B1.jpg

Naver - Osen : Yoon Kyun Sang lost the energy to do business, Kim Sang Joong's crisis

1. [+1604, -39] Gil Dong will become Super Saiyan tomorrow

2. [+1368, -48] It feels like Kim Sang Joong will die in the next episode

3. [+1129, -33] The stone tower collapse when Yoon Kyun Sang left, Who dies this time?

4. [+965, -69] This episode was good and Yoon Kyung Sang's acting !! The rating will go up

5. [+714, -36] Will be waiting for tomorrow's Gil Dong

6. [+335, -3] The fate of lowest class people in the Joseon dynasty is so sad

7. [+244, -4] Because the power he can not control, he lost his mom, his dad also changed. Gil Dong is so poor

8. [+247, -8] I knew this will happen. A catastrophe

9. [+239, -6] Today the flag of death is waved. The stone tower collapsed while Gil Dong and Ah Mu Gae were talking. Tomorrow will be sad

10. [+212, -3] Tomorrow is the start. Good days are over

Spoiler

rebel%2B2.jpg

Naver - Herarld Pop : Yoon Kyun Sang says Kim Sang Joong's greed kill his mother

1. [+411, -9] I am shedding tears while watching. That time was like that, Ah Mu Gae's greed is the welfare of his children

2. [+371, -5] Don't go Gil Dong-ah, when you go, those bad men will come to destroy the village ㅠㅠ

3. [+324, -6] Things will explode while Gil Dong left ㅠㅠ

4. [+297, -13] There is no acting holes

5. [+266, -11] The drama is worth watching because of Kim Sang Joong

6. [+117, -0] Seems like Kim Sang Joong have to die for the continue of the story ㅜㅜ so anxious ㅜㅜ

7. [+108, -1] So anxious because Kim Sang Joong will be die

8. [+97, -1] Now the father died, his power will be back when his brother and sister die 

9. [+90, -2] Kim Sang Joong will get Dae Sang

10. [+82, -0] Ah, Kim Jung Tae is so vicious more than the mistress from previous episodes. I am so afraid Kim Sang Joong will be die

cr

[SPOILERS] Rebel: Thief who stole the people Ep 6

Spoiler

0000236720_001_20170215010618268.jpg

Naver - Sports Seoul : Yoon Kyun Sang transforms into a monster to save his sister

1. [+3918 , -83] That's how Gil Dong transforms into Goblin

2. [+2877, -51] Kim Jung Tae is so deceitful like wolf. Rebel is so fun

3. [+2471, -36] Ah Mu Gae Hyung don't die!! Gil Dong is back

4. [+1880, -64] Today is the climax of the story. So sad, i cried

5. [+1470, -51] Can not wait for next episode

6. [+666, -9] He is not monster, he is immortal like god. He still alives after hit with sword, arrow, and ax. Meanwhile, Kim Sang Joong's acting ㅜㅜ Goosebumps

7. [+650, -6] We need someone like Hong Gil Dong in 2017, so he can clean up trashes like human in one night

8. [+601, -6] Dialogue between Ah Mu Gae and the woman was so brilliant. Reminds me of President Park situation. The writer is smart

9. [+612, -22] I don't know reed is this dangerous ㅋㅋㅋ

10. [+524, -3] The aftermath of figthing with tiger when he was young is there. His eyes resemble tigers eyes

cr

Dramas reflecting abuse of power gain rave reviews

By Park Jin-hai

In the real word, the nation is grappling with the fallout of the Choi Soon-sil scandal. But Choi and her cronies are infuriating the public by dodging questions by parroting the same phrase ― they don't remember.

Viewers yearning for justice can find peace in the drama world, as broadcasters have released shows telling the story of ordinary people fighting against social injustice and abuse of power.

MBC's period drama "Rebel: Thief Who Stole the People," the SBS thriller "Defendant" and the KBS office comedy "Good Manager," echoing the shared feeling of the public of today, enjoy rave support from viewers.

MBC's "Rebel," starring Kim Sang-joong and Yoon Kyun-sang, tells the story of Hong Gil-dong, a popular Korean literature figure based on a real life Joseon-era person.

In the first episodes of the 30-part period drama, revolving around the miserable life of Amogae, Hong's father and a greedy nobleman's slave, played by Kim, has garnered over 10 percent viewership.

Amogae worked his fingers to the bone for his master but the only return he had for his life-time of service was his wife's death at the hands of his master, who wanted to take away the wealth Amogae secretly accrued to buy his family's freedom.

Amogae takes revenge by killing his master and starts a new life dreaming of an ideal world where there is no discrimination based on who they are by birth. His son Gil-dong, with inhuman strength, becomes Joseon's first revolutionary and political dissident, winning the hearts of public.

Showing a stark comparison between him and the King Yeonsan, a tyrant who in grief of his poisoned mother carried out massive purges and didn't care about the people's livelihood, the drama asks what is real power and who should hold it.

"The fact that we called in a historic figure and re-interpreted his life in this time means that the public could find a close link between then and now. People seeing power, which comes from people, not being used for people, and instead falling to private hands to fatten their pockets, light their candles in Gwanghwamun and the lights became a torch," said culture critic Jung Duk-hyun. "As the candlelight asks the question of who should own the power, Rebel asks who is the real rebel."

In the legal thriller "Defendant," Park Jung-woo, a prosecutor at Seoul Central District Prosecutors' Office, played by Ji Sung, wakes up one day and finds himself a convict on death row for killing his wife and daughter. Suffering from temporary amnesia, Park struggles to recover his memory and clear his name. The 16-part series has topped the Monday-Tuesday drama list, posting a 22.2 percent nationwide viewership.

A workplace comedy "Good Manager," starring Namkoong Min as accountant Kim Sung-ryong, reflects on the life of an ordinary office worker. Companies embezzle and when the crimes surface, office workers, instead of high-ranking officials who are really responsible for the crime, are made scapegoats and forced to leave their workplaces.

The drama takes the form of a black comedy that delivers social messages telling the story of small embezzlement and big embezzlement cases, and petty thieves and big thieves. The show's producer, Cho Young-gwang, said he wanted to say that hope is always within the minds of people in dark and frustrating times. Viewers have given positive responses to the Wednesday-Thursday series, pushing its viewership to nearly 20 percent.

Kim Kyo-suk, a culture critic, said, "broadcasters have released many timely dramas that are relevant to modern-day Korean society."

Jung agrees. "All of us are living life as another rebel, a defendant or a manager," he said.

Like Amogae in Rebel, fathers of this country today, who have worked hard for their families, feel deprived from those who have power. Like Park in Defendant, who suffers from the pain and guilt that he has been involved in the death of his family, people who have seen innocent children sinking into the deep sea (as in the Sewol ferry disaster) feel the same. "The situations have never been what those characters wanted. The wrong era forced them to stand in the middle of their tumultuous lives and those dramas show how they fight against the abuse of power and the wrongs of society. Without those stories, how can we endure the frustrating times of today?"

http://www.koreatimes.co.kr/www/art/2017/02/688_224230.html

interesting...

"Rebel: Thief Who Stole the People" Yoon Gyoon-sang kisses Lee Honey

Spoiler

photo821869.jpg

Yoon Gyoon-sang kissed Lee Honey.

On the seventh episode of the MBC drama "Rebel: Thief Who Stole the People", Hong Gil-dong (Yoon Gyoon-sang) and Jang Nok-soo (Lee Honey) started to have feelings for each other.

Hong Gil-dong who lost his family was shot with an arrow three times and was saved by Jang Nok-soo. Then he spent some time with Jang Nok-soo and Ga-ryeong.

Hong Gil-dong took care of Jang Nok-soo. When she told him about the time she had to coldly push away her child, he listened to her then he kissed her.

Jang Nok-soo accepted his kiss as she cried and held his hand.

Source : www.newsen.com/news_v...

http://www.hancinema.net/spoiler-rebel-thief-who-stole-the-people-yoon-gyoon-sang-kisses-lee-honey-103431.html

THEIR STORY IS SO SAD,KNOWING THAT IN THE END SHE WILL CHOSE POWER OVER LOVE

[HanCinema's Drama Review] "Rebel: Thief Who Stole the People" Episode 8

photo822225.jpg

Spoiler

First a retraction- it would appear that Gonghwa is not yet a royal consort. Actually we're not even supposed to call her Gonghwa yet. Her name's still Nok-soo. Now see, this is what I mean about the pacing in "Rebel: Thief Who Stole the People" being a complete mess. We're still not at the point where basic information in the drama's promotional material is accurate yet. Yet yet yet. How is it that we're on the eighth episode and I'm still using that word so much?

Anyway! Remember how at the end of the last episode we found out that Amogae was still alive? We have to wait until the end of this episode before Gil-dong finally becomes aware of this information. Until that point, Gil-dong wanders around the wilderness, endures more googly eyes from Ga-ryeong, and gets Amogae's band back together again so they can commiserate over how terrible it is that Amogae is dead, before Ja-chi finally catches up with everybody and tells them what's going on.

There's also more royalist plotting- which is rather difficult to relate to, because the royal family has been an indirect factor at best to all the suffering Amogae and his family have gone through. For King Yeonsangun coming to power to be such a big disaster would imply that the previous political situation was tolerable, which it most certainly was not. It's new boss same as the old boss, except the old boss was the more plausible suspect for Hil-dong to go revenging against.

I know I'm being rather flippant here and honestly, I feel bad about it. The sad scenes really are rather sad. We're watching all these people who thought they had a real life for themselves reflect on how easily it can all slip away. In a treatise about loss, these scenes might feel almost poetic. But in an action series, dragging these along for two episodes only numbs the impact to almost nothing.

It doesn't help that the main reprieve from these moments involve the love triangle between Gil-dong, Nok-soo, and Ga-ryeong, which is so completely secondary a consideration right now that again, I'm mostly just annoyed that we're seeing events in this specific order. I still don't have a clue how any of this is supposed to lead to revolution. We're only just barely closer to the premise than we were several episodes ago.

Review by William Schwartz

http://www.hancinema.net/hancinema-s-drama-review-rebel-thief-who-stole-the-people-episode-8-103447.html

"Rebel: Thief Who Stole the People" Lee Honey seduces Kim Ji-seok-I with dance

Spoiler

photo824325.jpg

Actress Lee Honey is going to seduce Kim Ji-seok-I in the MBC drama "Rebel: Thief Who Stole the People".

Lee Honey is a Korean traditional music major at the Seoul University so she's feels quite responsible for this scene.

The scene where Nok-soo (Lee Honey) seduces Yeon-san (Kim Ji-seok-I) with a dance was actually Lee Honey's idea.

Lee Honey decided to dance in a Buddhist attires. Yeon-san is an expert when it comes to dance and signing so this would be the one thing that would draw his attention. This is the first time a Buddhist dance is being shown in Korean drama. Lee Honey feels very responsible for it and has been making a lot of preparations.

Lee Honey has been practicing hard for the scene and it took her five hours to complete this one scene.

Her dance attire was also created by a professional designer. The attire is usually white and red in certain places but adjustments have been made to fit the drama.

This isn't the first time "Rebel: Thief Who Stole the People" has thought of something so traditional. On the seventh episode, 6 musical instrument experts and 25 sound experts got together to perform the song "Moraneun". This 'song' is an important intangible cultural asset and was listed in the UNESCO Intangible Cultural Heritage of Humanity in 2010.

The dance scene will be shown on the 28th.

[HanCinema's Drama Review] "Rebel: Thief Who Stole the People" Episode 9

photo824350.jpg

Spoiler

At long last "Rebel: Thief Who Stole the People" has dispensed with the tragic backstory and gotten back to what made this drama interesting in the first place- the prospect of elaborate schemes. Now that Gil-dong finally has a good idea of what he wants to, the first step is to use his mighty strength to gain the full respect and command of Amogae's various friends. Then it's a matter of finding the right pressure points on those in power, and striking.

As we have seen in crude displays of power before, if Gil-dong's goal was simply to brutalize people, that would not be very hard. He has the manpower for it. The problem with direct pain, though, is that it's very easy to forget. Indeed, sooner or a later a counter-reaction would flare up, led by people with no reason to be scared of Gil-dong, and they'd crush the whole merry band in a fell swoop.

Hence why Gil-dong ultimately relies so much on gaslighting and terrorism. As has been mentioned time and again in "Rebel: Thief Who Stole the People", consent of the governed isn't just a matter of Enlightenment philosophy. The power of the ruling class depends entirely on the ruled class submitting to it in fear of worse alternatives. They have every reason to be scared of the people they rule over, because guess who dies in the event of rebellion? Whoever happens to be the closest person affiliated with the government. That is to say, you.

Nok-soo's story is also a surprisingly effective parallelism. Nok-soo is actually quite smart- but where Gil-dong has belatedly learned there is no negotiating with the system Nok-soo knows, as a pretty girl, that she has some leeway when it comes to her own dream of being a royal consort. That particular system has clearly defined rules. Nok-soo is not likely to be murdered or brutalized just for minding her own business and the farther up she goes, the more proportionate risk there is.

The difference of the systems simultaneously makes it clear why Gil-dong has to fight. Nok-soo's ability to compete on a relatively fair playing field is proof that such concepts can exist in Joseon when the game is not hopelessly rigged in the favor of the wealthy. So overall it's back to the good stuff for "Rebel: Thief Who Stole the People". My only complaint at the moment is that, for the alleged true love interest, Ga-ryeong is kind of dumb.

Review by William Schwartz

http://www.hancinema.net/hancinema-s-drama-review-rebel-thief-who-stole-the-people-episode-9-103625.html

[SPOILERS] REBEL: THIEF WHO STOLE THE PEOPLE EP09

Spoiler

201702272236776211_58b4320955348_99_2017

rebel.png

Naver - Osen: 'Rebel' Yoon Gyu Sang, Took Kim Tae Han...Kim Jung Tae's revenge

1. [+1422, -28] A historical drama that you can get immersed into...

2. [+1265, -28] It been a long time since MBC made a propre drama. Really looking forward to this drama tomorrow!! It is not boring, but it is not a mental development, it's such a well made historical drama.

3. [+1168, -55] Chae Soo Bin is so cute and Lee Honey is so pretty ㅠㅠㅠ Rebel is really fun ㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠ

4. [+771, -37] It's so fun ㅠㅠ I've been holding my hand in sweat today. Please continue to develop without any leeway in the future!! + Chae Soo Bin is so pretty

5. [+287, -10] Yoon Gyu Sang is acting's really good, He is so cool and make my heart flutters!!

6. [+205, -6] This historical drama is so good...It's been a long time since Six Flying Dragons

7. [+212, -9] It's so exiting!!! As expected you need a delightful taste to make the drama fun...By the way, Ga Ryung is so pitiful ㅜㅜ There isn't alot of Love line in the historical drama but that scene was enough to comfort Ga Ryung.

8. [+179, -3] Yoon Gyu Sang's expression acting is really good!!!

Spoiler

201702272152465364960_20170227220847_01_

rebel.png

Naver - Heraldpop: 'Rebel' Seo Yi Sook, Kim Jung Tae's warning "Yoon Gyu Sang is a powerful beast"

1. [+439, -14] Chae Soo Bin is acting like a daughter-in-law in front of Amogae, Just like a sparrow, she looks so cute

2. [+266, -8] I'm surprised that Hyo Sang is historical tone is better than i expected! Hanbok suits him well♡

3. [+203, -7] I was surprised ㅋㄱㄱㄱ Hyo Sang really came out ㅋㄱ When i first heard his voice, i know it was him

4. [+77, -4] But Lee Honey is really pretty

5. [+61, -2] Right now this country needs Gil Dong

6. [+59, -0] The grandma is still alive ㅠㅠ Just shut up and relax

7. [+58, -1] Kim Sang Jung's implant at the end was really funny ㅋ

8. [+46, -4] Yoon Gyu Sang's acting is good

Spoiler

0000707062_001_20170227230713116.jpg

Naver - Xports News: 'Rebel' Yoon Gyu Sang, Pulled a knife toward Kim Jung-tae

1. [+14, -0] When he did his hair like that, that's the image i thought about Hong Gil Dong ㅋㅋㅋㅋ

2. [+4, -0] Aigoo madam! Please step on it!ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ Ah, Yoon Gyu Sang is so good ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ I love him so much!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This is Yoon Gyu Sang is lengend work

3. [+6, -2] When he did his hair like that, he started looking like Choi Min Yong  ㅋㅋ

4. [+0, -0] Hul~~~ I thought the last photo was Lee Seung Ki...ㅋㅋㅋ

cr

Thanks MiAmour for posting the comment. It's nice to see the Korean netizens are enjoying as well.  Can't wait for episode 10.  I just wanted to contribute something as well.  

These are instagram links for Chae Soo Bin's fans created by her fans.  You can find loads of cute behind the scenes cuts of her.

https://www.instagram.com/soobin.chinafansclub/

https://www.instagram.com/lovelysoobins/

Archived