[Drama 2016-2017] Still Loving You 빛나라 은수, Mon-Fri 20:25. Thanks for watch!

0ly40

@sk0317  Now that Rich Brat has gone full "Fatal Attraction," it's hard to see how the writers will be able to marry off

club Jerk's brother to her without turning him into a real Richard simmons.

Other challenges for the writers:

(1) If Eun Soo;s mother marries Rich Brat's father, presumably the two grandmothers will have to live in the same household.  Why, in the real world, would the grandmothers agree to this?

(2 Why would Eun Soo (or at this point, even Club Jerk) agree to live in the same household as Rich Brat?  Too much suspension of disbelief required . . .

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 hours ago, jimb said:

@sk0317  Now that Rich Brat has gone full "Fatal Attraction," it's hard to see how the writers will be able to marry off

(1) If Eun Soo;s mother marries Rich Brat's father, presumably the two grandmothers will have to live in the same household.  Why, in the real world, would the grandmothers agree to this?

(2 Why would Eun Soo (or at this point, even Club Jerk) agree to live in the same household as Rich Brat?  Too much suspension of disbelief required . . .

I think once the shock gets over at BN being married to the older brother. Eun Soo will jump at the chance to be in that household for no other reason but to make BN uncomfy with the situation. BN did everything to ruin ES and did all for spite and selfishness. I can't see ES passing up the chance to make BN uncomfy as we saw her run when she saw ES. 

Of course with no one knowing the past history between the two ES really can't expect to be asked to live apart. Club jerks parents will not go with that. I am wondering if BN and older brother will marry first or will she have to continue to work on him. The family looks a bit traditional so I do not know if they will let club jerk marry first. My gues is a no at jumping ahead to marry over older bro. Especially since mom has taking a liking to the fake act BN has put on to win her. 

I am wondering when ES's mother and BN's father will start up and how they will end up married and will it be before their daughters?

Of course no one in their right mind should want to live in the same house as BN's halmoni nor with BN but ES's mother will be sweet about it and ES will want to give a little bit of uncomfy support to BN.

Happy Holidays and Merry Christmas to everyone.

4 hours ago, jimb said:

Rich Brat really creeps me out with her full force "Fatal Attraction" vibes:tears:. Chae Won is certainly no match for her and Rich Brat uses every opportunity to intimidate her behind Soo Hyun's back.

Like YJ in TUF,  Soo Hyun is a workaholic who is competent and capable at his job. We have not heard him say "I love you" to Chae Won and his proposal to her is not what one will consider as romantic and a memorable one:sweatingbullets:. He should also have been up front with Rich Brat when she kept bombarding him with questions surrounding his "availability" and love life.

Soo Hyun is probably marrying Chae Won at his dad's prompting although he does seem to have some feelings for her.

Are the writers trying to do a makeover of GM's character? I thought Rich Brat's GM took to the news of her princess's being rejected by Soo Hyun pretty calmly. She even went to the restaurant to check Soo Hyun out for herself. And she invited Rich Brat for lunch to try to set her up with other guys and advised her to forget about Soo Hyun and move on with her life. It seems that Rich Brat's reluctance to give up on Soo Hyun took GM by surprise too. GM surprised us by not firing the driver (her SIL had asked her to reconsider her decision to sack him as his wife is hospitalized) but did warn him another mistake is going to cost him his job.

As we know, ES's mom is the only one who has not "met" Rich Brat's family due to her surgery and hospitalization. She was kept in the dark about the slapping and shoving incident and false accusation until after her recovery. Rich Brat's GM seems impressed by ES's mom's mending skills after retrieving the shawl her daughter gave to her 20 years ago from Sodam's Cleaners. Has Rich Brat's GM mellowed with age? Will she feel "remorseful" and apologetic when the truth behind Rich Brat's lies come to light?

Poor ES. She must have thought she has put the incident behind her and moved on with her life...until she locked eyes with Rich Brat in the Italian restaurant. I guess the saying "Time will heal all wounds" doesn't apply here. It baffles me too at this point how Soo Ho and ES would agree to live in the same household as Rich Brat...

4 hours ago, jimb said:

@sk0317  I don't think Halmoni has mellowed at all, as evidenced by her abuse of her driver in ep. 19. 

Note that, taking after Halmoni, Rich Brat is now also abusing the household staff (see her treatment of the maid in ep. 18.)

In the past, it would have been "one strike and you are out!". Halmoni would have given the driver the walking certificate soon after his "inability to find a better route to avoid the traffic jam" and for slamming on the brakes too hard to avoid a collision with the car in front of them. Her SIL's explanation on behalf of the driver seemed to have some effect on her as she has given the driver another chance to stay at the job.

Rich Brat who had been "told off" by Soo Hyun's dad earlier and heard of the engagement of Soo Hyun and Chae Won, took it out on the maid and berated her for talking too causally to her just because she is younger before storming into her room to throw her things off the dressing table. The saying, "Children grow up watching their parents (grandmother in this case)." certainly applies here:sweatingbullets:.

@Ldy Gmerm  Eun Soo doesn't strike me as someone who would be willing to live with someone she despises simply to make her miserable.

In any event, the tensions in that household will be interesting to watch.

Likely Club Jerk's mother will oppose his marriage to Eun Soo because she would prefer that he marry a rich girl.  She (aside from Rich Brat's brother) is Rich Brat's one potential ally in the household.  But Rich Brat will have to continually suck up to her to retain her allegiance.  She might be too prideful to make the effort.

Club Jerk's father will definitely view Rich Brat with a jaundiced eye since she stole his son  from his friend's daughter.  Rich Brat has already alienated Eun Soo, Club Jerk, and Club Jerk's aunt to various degrees.

Rich Brat will definitely have much less space to maneuver and raise havoc than she is accustomed to.

In the style of dailies, there has to be a pushover, doormat main character. ES has been shown to be feisty but the TUF heroine had started that way too. I am picking ES' mother to be 'hit me, I am loving it' type because she did not accept payment for cleaning the Club jerk's mother's clothing. What reason should she have to do that? A little indication.

I watched a few episodes of Laurel Tailor and they changed Lee Dong Gun's ex- MIL from a nasty unlikeable woman initially to a flaky, acetic tongued type which made her amusing in a few instances. But I have stopped watching it. If they changed the thoroughly obnoxious characters BN and the horrid old woman to someone with redeemable quality as they did in heaven's promise, this show will go below the Two Sisters or Heavenly something in my worst show list. 

Have a wonderful New Year everyone, may we encounter a  daily ( even one) which does not make us roll our eyes more than half of the time. Amen.

@maribella  Both when Club Jerk's mother brought her handbag to the shop and when she picked it up, she was constantly needling ES's mother about her lot in life and ES's mother was resolutely refusing to acknowledge or address what was going on. 

Calls to mind Nikita Khrushchev's insult, "We spit in your face and you call it dew!"

59 minutes ago, jimb said:

@maribella  Both when Club Jerk's mother brought her handbag to the shop and when she picked it up, she was constantly needling ES's mother about her lot in life and ES's mother was resolutely refusing to acknowledge or address what was going on. 

Calls to mind Nikita Khrushchev's insult, "We spit in your face and you call it dew!"

Maybe the director wants to show that she is stoic, a cut above SH's mother? putting up with bit**y comments is one thing, not charging her is bad for business.  For old time's sake? I think ES' mother is going to be stepped on even when she is dating. I am ready for her to be abused by the two harpies and expect her reaction to be ´ I am so sorry'.

SHs mother is overacting too. BN's GM is nasty, but she makes it believable. 

On 12/23/2016 at 11:45 PM, Ldy Gmerm said:

Rich brat will win the man because she will find a way to either pay back the loan by giving him the money or paying it for him or she will save the deal to not have them unable to pay the loan or she will work a new deal. Either way love for the girlfriend he has been with will be kicked to the side for the woman that managed to save his butt at the last min. 

Halmoni needs a lesson in manners. For far too long she has had money and thinks she is on top of the world and can treat people with rudeness and disrespect.  

Happy to see Bit Na (rich brat) almost stroke out at running into Eun Soo. I am so mad that Eun Soo after all this time has not been cleared. I need the truth to come out about what Bit Na did in her lies to ruin ES's teaching career and give her a record. My guess is Bit Na will double cross or speak nasty to a past associate from school in on the truth and that person will spill it. 

Mostly I want to see Bit Na sweat when Eun Soo ends up with younger brother. 

The thing is, Bit Na already got away with ruining Eun Soo's life, so why is she even bothered?  There's no proof against her.  

1 hour ago, maribella said:

Maybe the director wants to show that she is stoic, a cut above SH's mother? putting up with bit**y comments is one thing, not charging her is bad for business.  For old time's sake? I think ES' mother is going to be stepped on even when she is dating. I am ready for her to be abused by the two harpies and expect her reaction to be ´ I am so sorry'.

SHs mother is overacting too. BN's GM is nasty, but she makes it believable. 

Oh, totally.  the harpies will do whatever they want and ES's mother will turn her backside and say, "kick me harder, please."

On the one hand, I feel sorry for Soo Hyun's fiancee, but on the hand, I don't because she is too feeble and wishy-washy.  She doesn't speak up even once.  It's annoying.  

4 hours ago, tulip06 said:

The thing is, Bit Na already got away with ruining Eun Soo's life, so why is she even bothered?  There's no proof against her.  

Oh, totally.  the harpies will do whatever they want and ES's mother will turn her backside and say, "kick me harder, please."

On the one hand, I feel sorry for Soo Hyun's fiancee, but on the hand, I don't because she is too feeble and wishy-washy.  She doesn't speak up even once.  It's annoying.  

Bit Na is bothered because Eun Soo is a reminder that she lied and her lie ruined Eun Soo's teaching career. But that her lies and her grandmothers behavior back lashed onto her with that video of her grandmother slapping Eun Soo in class making everyone point fingers and treat her as the bad guy after it went viral. Her petty ploy to get rid of Eun Soo worked but she also ended up with trouble over her grandmother's behavior and was sent away to the states because of it. 

That is why BN acted so shocked to see Eun Soo. BN knew what she did was bad but she is a brat and spoiled by her grandmother. She shows no traits of her father all of her grandmother who has been too long in taking over of raising her. She is spiteful, has jealous tendencies and she thinks too highly of herself from the stand point of where she comes from. This is all products of her grandmother who a. gave her too much as a child and b. let her think she was so much better than everyone and can say and do whatever she wanted because of the money her grandmother has made. BN fakes respect for her grandmother because she can twist her around her thumb and get her to believe and do almost anything for her.. Which is why Granny took her word for it instead of truly listening to Eun Soo that she did not touch BN and hurt her.  Granny will never want to believe that BN lied until someone comes forward and spill the truth saying that BN lied and they did too in order to get back at Eun Soo. When that happens Granny will prolly pass out because of what they did and it was based on lies for spite all because Eun Soo was trying to stop BN from being a bully to another student and did not take her mess in class. 

I have to wonder will Eun Soo's mother find out that it is BN's father after she marries him or just before? It will be a shock for her to have married the father of the girl that lied on her daughter and ruined her teaching career and gave her a criminal record. Its going to shock her that the girl is now her step daughter and she will remember how BN treated her when she worked in that department store. She knows BN is a nasty piece of work but she will try to get along with her for the sake of her new husband. I am sure she will try to talk Eun Soo out of marrying into that family as well. Her biggest challenge is in moving into that house with that hateful stuck up old woman who will give her heck just because. 

I am just waiting on Club Jerks mother to say something not so nice about Eun Soo given how they grew up together and she lived in their house long ago. 

Also seeing Eun Soo means someone could find out about that incident because she knows ES is still angry over what she did to her.. and BN does not want that coming up when she is sucking up to club jerk's family or trying to get his brother. 

SYNOPSIS, EPISODE 20

Rich Brat flounces into Club Jerk's brother's office. He isn't there but his fiance is waiting for him. Rich Brat notices the fiance's engagement ring and sneers. Then she attempts to intimidate the fiance. threatening "this is just the bdginning."

Club Jerk's brother walks in as the two women lock eyes. Rich Brat asks him whether he had heard that the bbig contract had fallen through. He coldly asks both his fiance and Rich Brat to leave.

Rich brat leaves the office but lingers in the hallway as Club Jerk's brother discusses the situation with his colleague.

Rich Brat encounters the fiance on her way out and is rude to her.

Eun Soo's brother approaches his on again off again girlfriend on the street. She is talking with a colleague who asks her whether she had reconciled with him. She says, "No."

As Eun Soo's brother approaches his girlfriend (?) Rich Brat collides with her and nearly knocks her over. Rich Brat continues on her way without a word.

Eun Soo's brother notices that his girlfriend (?) isn't wearing the ring he have her. She gives a lame excuse.

Rich Brat is in her car talking on her cell phone. She informs someone that Yoonga Foods' big deal had fallen through and cautions against investing any money in the firm. She sneers.

Club Jerk's mother, aunt and sister eat and bicker. His aunt says she's on a diet. His sister asks for a loan to pay her office rent but his mother has no money to lend.

Rich Brat's father and Halmoni eat dinner. Halmoni says that since the lovelorn Rich Brat has lost her appetite, she has too. Rich Brat, all smiles, joins them. Her father asks if something good happened to her. For Rlich Brat, something good is something bad happening to someone else.

In her bedroom Rich Brat gazes at a photo of her with Club Jerk's brother. She exults that Yoonga Foods' financial situation will soon make him vulnerable to her wiles. She smirks in satisfaction.

In his office, Club Jerk's brother argues with a representative of the company that welshed on their contract. To no avail.

The upstairs tenant works on a webtoon. Eun Soo invites him and his children to join her for a snack. He eats with gusto.

In her bedroom, Eun Soo is looking at the webpage for the Yoonga Foods recipe contest. She reflects that maybe Club Jerk is not so bad after all.

In his bedroom Club Jerk is also on the Internet. He has googled Eun Soo's nickname for him. He grunts in frustration when he discovers that it is the name of a carcinogenic chemical.

Sunrise over Yoonga Foods.

In his office, Club Jerk's brother is on the phone asking for more time to pay off a big loan. To no avail. His colleague enters and informs him that another bank has refused to loan money to Yoonga Foods, and that investors are now wary because the big deal fell through.

Club Jerk's brother then discusses the situation with his father. Club Jerk's father tells him that he must resolve the situation "no matter what."

In her office, Rich Brat works to discourage investment in Yoonga Foods. She smirks as she contemplates Club Jerk's brother's difficulties.

Club Jerk's aunt has arrived for an appointment with Rich Brat's father. She reflects on how handsome he is. She struggles to come up with a medical justification for the appointment. Finally she complains that she is coming down with a cold. He reminds her that he is an Orthopedist. She recovers. Suddenly she doesn't have a cold but all of her joints hurt. Anxious to be rid of her, he tells her that her joints probably ache because she is getting old.

Club Jerk's aunt is on the street, telling herself that she's sure she's left a lasting impression on the doctor. She has.

Club Jerk's aunt is accosted by a con artist on the street. He interests her in a pyramid sales scheme involving cosmetics.

Eun Soo's brother visits Club Jerk's sister in her office. He too has fallen for the pyramid scheme. He attempts, unsuccessfully, to interest her in the dubious cosmetics. She purchases them, clearly as a favor to him.

Club Jerk's aunt sneaks into the house with the cosmetics she has bought for resale. She attempts, unsuccessfully, to sell some of them to her sister in law. They bicker.

Club Jerk's aunt tells his mother that if she could afford to give $30,000 to Club Jerk, certainly she could afford to buy some of her cosmetics. Club Jerk's father, entering the room, overhears them and learns about the loan for the first time. He confronts her wife, who is speechless.

Club Jerk's brother sits in his office. He is being briefed about Yoonga Foods' escalating financial difficulties. He asks who the biggest potential investor in Yoonga Foods is. The biggest potential investor turns out to be Halmoni. He realizes that Rich Brat has cornered him.

Rich Brat sits in her office wondering why Club Jerk's brother hasn't called her already. She talks with a colleague. Suddenly Yoonga Foods might be a good investment again.

Rich Brat receives a call on her cell phone. It is from Club Jerk's brother. She smirks. She sneers. She picks up. They agree to meet in his office. She enters his office and pretends she doesn't know why he called. He asks Rich Brat to set up a meeting for him with Halmoni. She smirks: "Let's go see her now."

Club Jerk's brother takes a call from his fiance. He cuts her off abruptly. She looks across the street and sees him getting into a car with Rich Brat. She is saddened.

Eun Soo gives Club Jerk a pep talk before he goes in to retake the chef's exam.

Rich Brat triumphantly leads Club Jerk's brother into Halmoni's presence. Halmoni is speechless. Rich Brat smirks in triumph.

Club Jerk is shown taking the exam. Eun Soo waits for him outside the building in which the examination is being held. He leaves the building looking subdued. She assumes that he has flunked. Then he brightens and embraces her.

@tulip06  Criticizes Club Jerk's bother's fiancée for not speaking up for herself.

Perhaps she's taking note of her fiancée's failure to speak up for her?  Any man worth marrying would have shut Rich Brat down well before it was necessary for the fiancé to respond to her.  She seems to be slowly coming to the realization that her intended is not a prince after all.

28 minutes ago, jimb said:

@tulip06  Criticizes Club Jerk's bother's fiancée for not speaking up for herself.

Perhaps she's taking note of her fiancée's failure to speak up for her?  Any man worth marrying would have shut Rich Brat down well before it was necessary for the fiancé to respond to her.  She seems to be slowly coming to the realization that her intended is not a prince after all.

I have to agree his lie to her when she was coming to lunch or his saying he can't make it in a brush off and then seeing him leaving with BN who she knows is after him only increased her realization that he is not a prince at all. She can see what BN is doing and if she has mentioned it he has prolly shut her down but he too sees it as BN has confessed to liking him before and will again in the next episode. All he has to do is take her hand and his money troubles will be gone. Of course taking her hand means he will be with her and marry her hurting the woman who loved him and he asked to marry him further giving her the clear thought that he is a cad and a louse for doing this to her. 

I agree that had he been a man of character he would have shut BN down and had her stop showing up around him and to not talk to him about anything other than work. He has allowed the viper in and he will end up married to her.  BN is after him initially due to infatuation or because he was not interested in her. She has upped her game when the finance read her and she hated what the woman said to her. 

So Club Jerk's bro will get in bed with the devil in order to clear up the mess that has come up. He will give up on the love he may have had for his fiance to save the company. Frankly if he was able to give it up for this reason it was not that deep anyway. 

1 hour ago, Ldy Gmerm said:

I have to agree his lie to her when she was coming to lunch or his saying he can't make it in a brush off and then seeing him leaving with BN who she knows is after him only increased her realization that he is not a prince at all. She can see what BN is doing and if she has mentioned it he has prolly shut her down but he too sees it as BN has confessed to liking him before and will again in the next episode. All he has to do is take her hand and his money troubles will be gone. Of course taking her hand means he will be with her and marry her hurting the woman who loved him and he asked to marry him further giving her the clear thought that he is a cad and a louse for doing this to her. 

I agree that had he been a man of character he would have shut BN down and had her stop showing up around him and to not talk to him about anything other than work. He has allowed the viper in and he will end up married to her.  BN is after him initially due to infatuation or because he was not interested in her. She has upped her game when the finance read her and she hated what the woman said to her. 

So Club Jerk's bro will get in bed with the devil in order to clear up the mess that has come up. He will give up on the love he may have had for his fiance to save the company. Frankly if he was able to give it up for this reason it was not that deep anyway. 

The phone call Soo Hyun made to his dad, did he plan to secure a bank loan with his dad's house as collateral? Soo Hyun's father's cautionary words before handing it to Soo Hyun were he has to handle the company's current crisis well and no matter what it takes since it also concerns the livelihood of their employees and families. 

Yes I agree the "love" Soo Hyun has for his fiancee is not that deep. When Rich Brat feigned her ankle sprain the last time she barged into Soo Hyun and Chae Won's dinner, Soo Hyun should have hailed a cab and called Rich Brat's family to tell them to see her at the gate because of her "injury". Or he could take Chae Won home after sending Rich Brat home. Chae Won should have picked up the warning signs how he is not so into her, when her fiance decided it's better for him to take Rich Brat home himself while hailing a cab for her to be taken home. If I were Chae Won, I would have walked over to assist Rich Brat to Soo Hyun's car before getting myself in the passenger's seat. The meek and "wishy-washy" Chae Won is certainly no match for Rich Brat.

# Is Soo Hyun a bigger Jerk than Soo Ho?

## Does the webtoon artist have appendicitis?

2 hours ago, jimb said:

I hope you're right, and she's not the typical weak woman who lets everyone trample over her.

Soo Hyun isn't as innocent as some people think...since the very beginning he should've told Bit Na that he already had a girlfriend. To make matters worse, he gave her hope that he could be swayed by not providing a direct answer on whether or not he was in love w/ his gf. Also, the fact that he told Bit Na that love is a nothing more than "chemical reaction caused by hormones" instantly cemented what type of person he is: a person who will go to the girl who can offer him the most. In this case, Bit Na's grandmother will save his business, meaning he's going to repay the favor even if it means dumping the girl he was going to marry. All in all, he's a pretty horrible guy. Thank goodness, his girlfriend dodged a bullet. Instead of staying in a one-sided relationship now she can find someone who actually loves her and who isn't pressured by his daddy to marry.

7 hours ago, solaire said:

Soo Hyun isn't as innocent as some people think...since the very beginning he should've told Bit Na that he already had a girlfriend. To make matters worse, he gave her hope that he could be swayed by not providing a direct answer on whether or not he was in love w/ his gf. Also, the fact that he told Bit Na that love is a nothing more than "chemical reaction caused by hormones" instantly cemented what type of person he is: a person who will go to the girl who can offer him the most. In this case, Bit Na's grandmother will save his business, meaning he's going to repay the favor even if it means dumping the girl he was going to marry. All in all, he's a pretty horrible guy. Thank goodness, his girlfriend dodged a bullet. Instead of staying in a one-sided relationship now she can find someone who actually loves her and who isn't pressured by his daddy to marry.

Good point. Then I hope he and BN are miserable together! :glasses:

3 minutes ago, tulip06 said:

Good point. Then I hope he and BN are miserable together! :glasses:

In episode 22's preview, Rich Brat is seen shopping for an engagement ring together with Soo Hyun:blink:. BN gets what BN wants! She has successfully bought herself a husband:crazy:.

Archived