[Drama 2016-2017] Still Loving You 빛나라 은수, Mon-Fri 20:25. Thanks for watch!

0ly40

1 hour ago, sk0317 said:

In episode 22's preview, Rich Brat is seen shopping for an engagement ring together with Soo Hyun:blink:. BN gets what BN wants! She has successfully bought herself a husband:crazy:.

You could tell in today's episode at the end that he knew he was wrong in how things played out with the girlfriend but when he can't say he loves her she did the right thing to take off that ring and give it back breaking it off the relationship he can not go back with this woman who he hurt but that company and his fathers words meant more than love. I too hope that he is miserable with BN. Mostly because he could have tried harder to do something else to save the situation or spoke to his father for help in the situation. He sacrificed himself and now he has to see BN as she really is to realize the mistake he made. Of course given the person he is and his views on love he prolly would have done this anyway. His mother got what she wanted but she will find BN is not the DIL she wanted or expected LOL.. I agree that the ex dodge a bullet with him and will end up with someone much better for her than SH.

9 hours ago, solaire said:

Soo Hyun isn't as innocent as some people think...since the very beginning he should've told Bit Na that he already had a girlfriend. To make matters worse, he gave her hope that he could be swayed by not providing a direct answer on whether or not he was in love w/ his gf. Also, the fact that he told Bit Na that love is a nothing more than "chemical reaction caused by hormones" instantly cemented what type of person he is: a person who will go to the girl who can offer him the most. In this case, Bit Na's grandmother will save his business, meaning he's going to repay the favor even if it means dumping the girl he was going to marry. All in all, he's a pretty horrible guy. Thank goodness, his girlfriend dodged a bullet. Instead of staying in a one-sided relationship now she can find someone who actually loves her and who isn't pressured by his daddy to marry.

I agree with this as well.. He has to have known that BN liked him or was infatuated with him she tried while they were in the states I bet. When he did not shut her down hard he allowed her to think she had a chance and later he can't be surprised that she took opportunities to trap him. He walked right into the trap willingly. I hope the price was worth the rewards to get in bed with BN and her horrible granny. Trust that woman will want to dictate and be apart of that company and I do not think his father will be happy if that happens. SH just gave them the means to be able to take it I bet if he and BN have issues. 

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 2016/12/28 at 0:00 AM, Ldy Gmerm said:

You could tell in today's episode at the end that he knew he was wrong in how things played out with the girlfriend but when he can't say he loves her she did the right thing to take off that ring and give it back breaking it off the relationship he can not go back with this woman who he hurt but that company and his fathers words meant more than love. I too hope that he is miserable with BN. Mostly because he could have tried harder to do something else to save the situation or spoke to his father for help in the situation. He sacrificed himself and now he has to see BN as she really is to realize the mistake he made. Of course given the person he is and his views on love he prolly would have done this anyway. His mother got what she wanted but she will find BN is not the DIL she wanted or expected LOL.. I agree that the ex dodge a bullet with him and will end up with someone much better for her than SH.

Just watched the raw version of episode 21. The joy of Chae Won's engagement was certainly short-lived:blink:. Soo Hyun's ex called him a "Jerk" and indeed a real jerk he is.

After meeting Soo Hyun at Halmoni's house, I think Halmoni told her princess that "it is wiser to pick a man who loves you more than you love him." I don't like the Halmoni character, but I have to agree with what she said because it is so true and right. But BN insists that Soo Hyun is the man she loves and wants:blink:. Yes I do hope the two of them end up miserable together.

From the preview, it looks like ES won the top prize in the Yoonga Food's Recipe Contest. Does it mean that BN and ES will meet again at Yoonga Food?

So HS's ex-fiancé turns out to have been a woman of few words, but nevertheless able to find her voice when it counted?

The actress who portrayed her did a pretty good job.  The writers gave her few lines to work with, but her facial expressions were those of a woman who was taking notes and keeping score.

I'm looking forward to BN happy, once the newness of it wares off and things of whats expected of her t do kicks in sh will run home telling halmoni they bullied her and may start to scream for a divorce because she can't hang out with her friends because she's a married woman ands is expected to give birth right away and stop working to take care of her kid..

SYNOPSIS, EPISODE 21

Club Jerk is shown taking the chef's exam. Suddenly he is standing up, smiling and pumping his fist.

Club Jerk is walking with Eun Soo. We learn that he scored 65 on the test (with 60 a passing score.) She congratulates him, notes that her work has concluded, congratulates him, and walks away. He wistfully watches her as she departs.

Rich Brat takes tea to Halmoni and Club Jerk's brother. Halmoni tells her to wait outside. Halmoni does not look happy. She gives him a rough time and refuses to invest in Yoonga Foods.

Rich Brat has driven Club Jerk's brother back to Yoonga Foods. They sit in the car. She tells him that there is only one person who can persuade Halmoni to help save Yoonga Foods: herself. He demands that he hold her hand and "come to me" if he wants to save Yoonga Foods. He realies that he is trapped.. He asks for time to think. She tells him that he has only one day.

Rich Brat returns home. Halmoni tells her that she does not like Club Jerk's brother because he refuses to date Rich Brat. Rich Brat says "he will come to me," and when he does Halmoni should invest in Yoonga Foods. Halmoni is disgusted with Rich Brat's proposition, telling her that she would be better off with a man who likes her than a man she likes. Rich Brat implores her to "make my wish come true." Halmoni turns away without answering.

Club Jerk's brother sits at his desk looking dejected. He remembers Rich Brat's statement that she is the only person who can help him. He receives a call from his fiancee. He ignores the call.

Club Jerk's father, aunt and mother are sitting in their living room. Club Jerk's sister returns home and notes that her father is seething. The aunt notes that the sister is carrying a bag with the logo of the same shady cosmetics company that has hooked her. The sister gives the cosmetics to the mother. The aunt is angry because she had hoped to sell her the same cosmetics.

Club Jerk's sister and aunt retire to their bedroom as his parents bicker. His aunt tries to sell his sister the same cosmetics she has given to her mother.

Club Jerk returns home. Before he can tell his parents that he passed the chef's exam, his father begins to berate him for losing the $30,000 his mother had loaned him to start a business. His father gives him an ultimatum: Now that he has passed the written test for a chef's certificate, he must pass the skills test and become a certified chef within five weeks or start working at Yoonga Foods to repay the $30,000.

Eun Soo eats dinner with her mother and grandmother. They tell her that her brother is working a part time job, the nature of which they do not know, and has given them gifts of cosmetics.

Eun Soo enters her bedroom and throws herself on her bed. She receives a call on her cell phone. She tells him that she has no further business with him and hangs up.

The next morning Eun Soo arrives at the culinary institute. She looks up and is surprised to see Club Jerk approaching. He asks her to tutor him so that he can pass the skills test. She says nothing doing and they bicker. He begs. She relents.

Club Jerk's brother sits at his desk. His colleague tells him that Yoonga Foods has exhausted all of its potential sources for funds. Club Jerk's brother, knowing that there is only one alternative, looks pained.

Club Jerk's father enters his brother's office and the colleague leaves. His father drops off clean underwear and departs.

Club Jerk's aunt arrives at the family restaurant and attempts to sell cosmetics to two waitresses.

Eun Soo's mother is making deliveries when smoke begins to rise from the floor of her truck. She stops by the side of the road. As decreed by the K-Drama gods, Rich Brat's father drives by at this very moment. Noticing her familiar truck, he stops to lend a hand. Still under the misimpression that he is one of Halmoni's drivers, she asks him for help in fixing the ailing vehicle. By some miracle, he immediately identifies the problem and, with no special tools, gets the truck running again.

But when Eun Soo;s mother attempts to drive off, something else goes wrong. She persuades him to help her finish her deliveries. He calls Halmoni to tell her he will be late getting home.

As Club Jerk's brother enters the family restaurant to have dinner with his father he receives a call from his fiancee. He meets her for coffee. She reminds him that when she called him the day before, he did not answer. He gives no excuse. She attempts to make conversation and he is uncommunicative. She lets him know that he saw her with Rich Brat the day before. He looks down and looks guilty. He says nothing. She asks him if he loves her. He says nothing. She notes that "After all, [Rich Brat] has won. She says she wishes she could say that "you told me honestly," but she can't because he didn't. She tells him he is a bad person and he does not deny it. She removes his engagement ring from her finger, places it on the table, and leaves without another word.

CLUB JERK'S BROTHER, HENCEFORTH TO BE KNOWN AS "CORPORATE JERK," stares catatonically at the ring.

As Halmoni reads a magazine, Rich Brat drags herself through the door. Tired of her granddaughter's moping, she reminds Rich Brat that she told her the day before to move on. Rich Brat tells Halmoni she has no appetite for dinner. As Rich Brat turns to go to her bedroom her cell phone rings. She answers the call, then runs out the door.

Rich Brat drives to a park bench where Corporate Jerk is waiting. As she approaches him he asks "Do you still like me?" Romantic music swells inappropriately in the background. Donna Summers' "Bad Girls" would have been more apt.

1 hour ago, sava2sava said:

I'm looking forward to BN happy, once the newness of it wares off and things of whats expected of her t do kicks in sh will run home telling halmoni they bullied her and may start to scream for a divorce because she can't hang out with her friends because she's a married woman ands is expected to give birth right away and stop working to take care of her kid..

The sparks will definitely fly when Rich Brat has to live under the same roof as Club Jerk's mother, aunt, and sister.  Not sure that Eun Soo will have to even generate any sparks of her own.

Your comment about Rich Brat not being able to hang out with her friends brings up an interesting point:  Since she returned to Korea, she is not portrayed as having any friends.  She has office mates.  She has her father and Halmoni.  And she has just hogtied Corporate Jerk.  But that's the sum of her human relationships.

The corporate jerk (I'm trying to join in on the nickname) was so quick to decide.  We can understand he needs to save the company but to act so jerky in terms of his personal life, especially with his  love life is going too low. 

Like the rest of the members here, I am also looking forward to Corporate Jerk experiencing some helly-life with the rich brat.  BTW - seems like the two brats haven't met officially - the jerk and the brat.

I am enjoying Eun Soo and Soo Ho's relationship. "You are the only for me". I must admit I never made a steamed egg that got splatter all over the inside of a pot. It looked like the thing exploded. I actually preferred steamed egg to look custard smooth like. The crater moon Korean version does not quite appeal to me.

LOL.  Corporate Jerk has gone from dreamboat to garbage scow in just one episode.

Halmoni will invest  in Yoonga Foods but she will do so with about as much enthusiasm as a mother giving her son money that she knows he will spend on lap dancers.  From her standpoint, she suspected that he was of low character when Rich Brat led him into her study by the nose and the news that he has finally "come to" Rich Brat in exchange for her investment money only confirms her assessment.  The old bat may be mean but she isn't dumb.

Interestingly, Halmoni isn't much concerned about the ethics of buying a husband for her granddaughter.  Rather, she is concerned that the investment money will not actually buy her granddaughter happiness.

Corporate Jerk's father will immediately understand what is going on.  His initial low opinion of Rich Brat will have been concerned.  Since he is smart enough to realize that his pressure on his son helped to push him into this arrangement, his resentment of Rich Brat will be even greater.

The family dinner should be something to behold.  Not only will Halmoni and Corporate Jerk's father be holding their noses, but all of the other family members will realize, at some level, what is going on.  Even Corporate Jerk's mother, although her attitude will be "You go, girl!"

I sense that after Corporate Jerk weds Rich Brat, we'll have several episodes devoted to a conspiracy between Corporate Jerk's mother and Rich Brat to torpedo Club Jerk's relationship with Eun Soo.

9 hours ago, jimb said:

SYNOPSIS, EPISODE 21

Club Jerk is shown taking the chef's exam. Suddenly he is standing up, smiling and pumping his fist.

Club Jerk is walking with Eun Soo. We learn that he scored 65 on the test (with 60 a passing score.) She congratulates him, notes that her work has concluded, congratulates him, and walks away. He wistfully watches her as she departs.

Rich Brat takes tea to Halmoni and Club Jerk's brother. Halmoni tells her to wait outside. Halmoni does not look happy. She gives him a rough time and refuses to invest in Yoonga Foods.

Rich Brat has driven Club Jerk's brother back to Yoonga Foods. They sit in the car. She tells him that there is only one person who can persuade Halmoni to help save Yoonga Foods: herself. He demands that he hold her hand and "come to me" if he wants to save Yoonga Foods. He realies that he is trapped.. He asks for time to think. She tells him that he has only one day.

Rich Brat returns home. Halmoni tells her that she does not like Club Jerk's brother because he refuses to date Rich Brat. Rich Brat says "he will come to me," and when he does Halmoni should invest in Yoonga Foods. Halmoni is disgusted with Rich Brat's proposition, telling her that she would be better off with a man who likes her than a man she likes. Rich Brat implores her to "make my wish come true." Halmoni turns away without answering.

Club Jerk's brother sits at his desk looking dejected. He remembers Rich Brat's statement that she is the only person who can help him. He receives a call from his fiancee. He ignores the call.

Club Jerk's father, aunt and mother are sitting in their living room. Club Jerk's sister returns home and notes that her father is seething. The aunt notes that the sister is carrying a bag with the logo of the same shady cosmetics company that has hooked her. The sister gives the cosmetics to the mother. The aunt is angry because she had hoped to sell her the same cosmetics.

Club Jerk's sister and aunt retire to their bedroom as his parents bicker. His aunt tries to sell his sister the same cosmetics she has given to her mother.

Club Jerk returns home. Before he can tell his parents that he passed the chef's exam, his father begins to berate him for losing the $30,000 his mother had loaned him to start a business. His father gives him an ultimatum: Now that he has passed the written test for a chef's certificate, he must pass the skills test and become a certified chef within five weeks or start working at Yoonga Foods to repay the $30,000.

Eun Soo eats dinner with her mother and grandmother. They tell her that her brother is working a part time job, the nature of which they do not know, and has given them gifts of cosmetics.

Eun Soo enters her bedroom and throws herself on her bed. She receives a call on her cell phone. She tells him that she has no further business with him and hangs up.

The next morning Eun Soo arrives at the culinary institute. She looks up and is surprised to see Club Jerk approaching. He asks her to tutor him so that he can pass the skills test. She says nothing doing and they bicker. He begs. She relents.

Club Jerk's brother sits at his desk. His colleague tells him that Yoonga Foods has exhausted all of its potential sources for funds. Club Jerk's brother, knowing that there is only one alternative, looks pained.

Club Jerk's father enters his brother's office and the colleague leaves. His father drops off clean underwear and departs.

Club Jerk's aunt arrives at the family restaurant and attempts to sell cosmetics to two waitresses.

Eun Soo's mother is making deliveries when smoke begins to rise from the floor of her truck. She stops by the side of the road. As decreed by the K-Drama gods, Rich Brat's father drives by at this very moment. Noticing her familiar truck, he stops to lend a hand. Still under the misimpression that he is one of Halmoni's drivers, she asks him for help in fixing the ailing vehicle. By some miracle, he immediately identifies the problem and, with no special tools, gets the truck running again.

But when Eun Soo;s mother attempts to drive off, something else goes wrong. She persuades him to help her finish her deliveries. He calls Halmoni to tell her he will be late getting home.

As Club Jerk's brother enters the family restaurant to have dinner with his father he receives a call from his fiancee. He meets her for coffee. She reminds him that when she called him the day before, he did not answer. He gives no excuse. She attempts to make conversation and he is uncommunicative. She lets him know that he saw her with Rich Brat the day before. He looks down and looks guilty. He says nothing. She asks him if he loves her. He says nothing. She notes that "After all, [Rich Brat] has won. She says she wishes she could say that "you told me honestly," but she can't because he didn't. She tells him he is a bad person and he does not deny it. She removes his engagement ring from her finger, places it on the table, and leaves without another word.

CLUB JERK'S BROTHER, HENCEFORTH TO BE KNOWN AS "CORPORATE JERK," stares catatonically at the ring.

As Halmoni reads a magazine, Rich Brat drags herself through the door. Tired of her granddaughter's moping, she reminds Rich Brat that she told her the day before to move on. Rich Brat tells Halmoni she has no appetite for dinner. As Rich Brat turns to go to her bedroom her cell phone rings. She answers the call, then runs out the door.

Rich Brat drives to a park bench where Corporate Jerk is waiting. As she approaches him he asks "Do you still like me?" Romantic music swells inappropriately in the background. Donna Summers' "Bad Girls" would have been more apt.

This was awesome.

Waiting for Corporate Jerk to find out how Rich Brat sabotaged him.  

Got to say this drama is much better than other daily dramas.  Same tropes, same story line, but some of the sub stories are great.  Love the uroligist sister and the cartoonist.  Loved the brother's passengers when he was driving.  

Of course she will win the contest and they will all work with each other with standard sabotaging to be expected.  

18 hours ago, jimb said:

So HS's ex-fiancé turns out to have been a woman of few words, but nevertheless able to find her voice when it counted?

The actress who portrayed her did a pretty good job.  The writers gave her few lines to work with, but her facial expressions were those of a woman who was taking notes and keeping score.

I thought the actress who played Chae Won was great. She conducted herself very well and I respect her. Under normal K-drama circumstances, one would expect her to slap Soo Hyun and splash fluid on him before making her departure. I hope she finds someone better and more worthy of her.

12 hours ago, viyra said:

The corporate jerk (I'm trying to join in on the nickname) was so quick to decide.  We can understand he needs to save the company but to act so jerky in terms of his personal life, especially with his  love life is going too low. 

Like the rest of the members here, I am also looking forward to Corporate Jerk experiencing some helly-life with the rich brat.  BTW - seems like the two brats haven't met officially - the jerk and the brat.

Do you mean Soo Ho:)? Soo Ho met Rich Brat near the end of episode 17 (~33:03).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nAqtRFWe2go

8 hours ago, jimb said:

LOL.  Corporate Jerk has gone from dreamboat to garbage scow in just one episode.

Halmoni will invest  in Yoonga Foods but she will do so with about as much enthusiasm as a mother giving her son money that she knows he will spend on lap dancers.  From her standpoint, she suspected that he was of low character when Rich Brat led him into her study by the nose and the news that he has finally "come to" Rich Brat in exchange for her investment money only confirms her assessment.  The old bat may be mean but she isn't dumb.

Interestingly, Halmoni isn't much concerned about the ethics of buying a husband for her granddaughter.  Rather, she is concerned that the investment money will not actually buy her granddaughter happiness.

Corporate Jerk's father will immediately understand what is going on.  His initial low opinion of Rich Brat will have been concerned.  Since he is smart enough to realize that his pressure on his son helped to push him into this arrangement, his resentment of Rich Brat will be even greater.

The family dinner should be something to behold.  Not only will Halmoni and Corporate Jerk's father be holding their noses, but all of the other family members will realize, at some level, what is going on.  Even Corporate Jerk's mother, although her attitude will be "You go, girl!"

I sense that after Corporate Jerk weds Rich Brat, we'll have several episodes devoted to a conspiracy between Corporate Jerk's mother and Rich Brat to torpedo Club Jerk's relationship with Eun Soo.

Corporate Jerk isn't only a jerk, he is cheap too! After exchanging couple rings with the brat, he kissed Rich Brat at the end of episode 22. I guess he is okay with any Sally, Jane or Mary as long as she is loaded, bold and manipulative:blink:.

So glad Chae Won "dodged the bullet" and was wise to break off her engagement with this horrible, fickle and despicable jerk.

Does it mean that Corporate Jerk's aunt stands a lower/no chance of snaring her man (Rich Brat's dad) after Rich Brat weds Corporate Jerk?

I marathoned this drama over Christmas weekend (the few hours I got to myself that is) and I"m really enjoying it. As someone already mentioned, this daily's storyline is nothing new and is one we have all seen before, however I feel that the writer and actors so far are allowing it to move along at a nice pace (nothing being dragged out) and I'm enjoying what's unfolding. 

Like most of you I CANNOT STAND BI-TCH NA  and can't wait to see her get what's coming towards her. She is such an entitled, spoiled, rude, scheming, manipulative, little brat who is everything her grandmother's spoiling and enabling and also father's negligence and also enabling and spoiling have raised/allowed her to be. I hope Cooperate Jerk never learns to love nor care about her in anyway. I hope that he simply continues to use her as he is doing now for her connections, money, and ability to save his family business, and that he never shows her a day of love, attention, affection, or caring. Everyday many she cry tears of blood and throw tantrums about her husband doesn't love her and how her soon to be sis/sister in law gets all the love/support/affection/care from her young husband,  the in laws, and her Bi-tch Na's father as well. After being such a horrible, evil, little bratty bully in high school that made that one classmates school life a daily humiliating hell and then top it off with the way she destroyed Eun Soo's life and career with her lies....may she never know one day of true love or feel any kind of happiness and or kindness shown her way.

Cooperate Jerk is a weak weak little man. I knew from the way the dad kept praising him and comparing him as the better between him and his yes immature still got a lot of learning and growing to do, but still a very decent guy with a good heart who knows how to be caring supportive, loyal and look out for those he cares about (the way he took care of his friend, that encouraging speech, giving up his car) little brother; I knew he Cooperate Jerk was truly the lesser of the two and the one who will end up bringing his family misery while little brother will grow to bring the family true happiness and perhaps even wealth. The way Cooperate Jerk treated his fiance was cruel. He acted like he didn't like Bi-tch Na, but I could tell he enjoyed the attention. Seeing how weak he is and how much he truly lacks morals or character; I can see him working with Bi-tch Na and her grandmother or someone else to do something that will eventually really harm the company and his family. I can see him easily betraying his family "for their own good" and his own greed. May he too know nothing but misery.

I love the adorable immature younger brother (lawds I need to learn names). Little boy has a whooooooooooole lot of growing up to do. However, I like that at his core he's a pretty decent good nice guy. He's a guy who loyal to his friends, stands up to his father, stands up/by his sister, is kind and tries to be helpful towards strangers (giving Bi-tch Na her fallen wallet), doesn't take well to others being rude/uppity and thinking that money can solve everything. Also despite all his screaming and immature antics, he can work hard when the time comes and although it's not fully formed, at least he (like his sister) is willing to live his own life and does not allow for his father to bully him or be too harsh and push him into do something and becoming something he is not (Jerk Cooperate bother). I still find him immature and annoying at times (he has way too much of his mother's worst traits aka the loud screeching and screaming and acting above nad beyond and doing the most) but I find his developing crush/feelings for Eun Soo  to be so cute. I love it when kdrama men fall first (which he has. his looking up and getting mad about afloxian was hilarious and while his little tantrum at not being given attention at the school grated on my nerves, it was still somehow kind of adorable). I'm enjoying watching his feelings for Eun Soo develop and grow and can't wait to see how he will woe her.

Eun  Soo and her family are everything for me. All of them are so caring and encouraging and supportive and loving towards one another. At the same time they have spunk. They stand up for themselves and others and fight for themselves. I like that they don't seem to lay back and allow people to walk all over them. I liked how hard Eun Soo worked to try and prove her innocence and when she had felt she had done all that she could, she picked herself up and moved on as best as she could and just tried to go on with life. I really like that she did not allow that one betrayal and just all around evilness like have her like distrust people and such. Like she's still got a positive attitude on life and new goals and dreams she wants to achieve. I just really like her character. I think she and adorable immature younger brother have chemistry and can't wait to see them fall in like/love with one another and all the drama that will unfold with it. To be honest I dislike Bi-tch Na so much, that I fast forward through her scenes and anything that has to do with her/her family so I am sooo not looking forward to Eun Soo's mom falling in love and eventually marrying her dad. To me dad is just as worse Bi-tch Na and grandma (remember he sent Bi-tch Na to America so she could avoid the scandal and consequences of her/their -grandma went too for alike a year right?- actions).

6 hours ago, jimb said:

@sk0317 Corporate Jerk's aunt certainly made an impression on Rich Brat's father, but not a good one.  I Regardless of what anyone else does, she doesn't stand a chance with the good doctor.

I think Corporate Jerk's aunt should get a proper job. She has way too much time on her hands:sweatingbullets:. She fails to see it's not happening with her and the "single and handsome doctor in his 50s".

After the blissful marital union of Rich Brat and Corporate Jerk, I foresee a budding romance for ES's mom and Rich Brat's dad. He has already shown to have taken some interest to the "clueless" woman who still thinks he works as a driver for that "old bat who lives in the white house".:)

Archived