[Drama 2017] While You Were Sleeping, 당신이 잠든 사이에

ilwoo_aein

Like many here, after watching yest’s ep, i also got abit confused and mindblown. How JC was able to know where HJ is, and why WT has no idea of the danger, since WT should also have dreams no? But after some thinking, i think the director purposely didnt show too much on screen, leaving out many ‘missing points’ to make the story more suspenseful. Instead, the director left hints that there is more to what is being shown.

I think there were more details in HJ and JC’s dreams, as well as WT. But instead of showing us what exactly they dream, we only get snippets, or no mention at all. Then when these 3 end up saving the day, or talking about their dreams, we are left perplexed at how they are able to get all the details right. For example, we were never shown HJ dreaming about JC’s daily life around the house, but HJ was able to describe it all to JC. Similarly, we were shown that in JC’s dreams, he seemed to have woken up when HJ screamed for his name in fear. But somehow JC supposedly made HJ promise to always state where she is if she is ever in danger, saying he would likely have seen it in a dream earlier, thus being able to tell where she is.

That part where JC make HJ promise is the game changer, i think. JC likely already seen the whole scene in his dream, and thus he knows the place and time. Because he’d rather that part comes true, and always come true, because then he will know where and what time HJ is in danger beforehand, therefore, he made HJ make the promise. Its a complex cause and effect of how a dream about the future (JC’s dream), affects how the future actions should be (HJ’s actions to state time and place), and therefore set the tone of how the future dreams would be (HJ will always do that consciously, so all future premonitions tht JC would have will have this detail), at the same time validating the dream about the future (the original dream that JC had in the first place).

another detail is how WT seems to have no previous premonition dreams abt the events in yest’s ep. I think this is like what someone mentioned. HJ dreams about random things and random events. JC dreams about things that would happen as a result of HJ’s actions. And WT dreams about things that would happen as a result of JC’s actions. In yest’s ep events, it started with JC’s dream abt what would happen to HJ, and instead of making it not happen, since they do not know what actions could lead to the situation in the dream, he made sure HJ did exactly as in the dream, so that JC could arrive to save her. Meaning, the dream was meant to happen, and JC’s actions had no repurcussions, thus WT’s involvement was not needed, so WT did not get any dream. 

Even though the director and writer only wanted to make the story more interesting with more suspense, thus keeping some details instead of showing everything, i do hope they start to disclose abit more or else viewers will start to feel baffled at the seemingly illogical sequence, and might lose interest...

Another point to add about YB, my interpretation of his actions of tearing up bits of paper and rolling those in his fingers, its like he is tearing at his ‘conscience’, rolling up his ‘conscience’, throwing them out. Its a symbolic action, and the more he tears, the more he throws, the dirtier he feels, and the more evil he becomes. A symbolic leftover of his explicit action, the paper becomes trash. We will likely see YB at the end, at the point of no return, being pushed to be as evil as he can be... 

P/S: LJS’s acting is killing it though. Suzy is ok. She didnt overact at least, but she still doesnt really stand out as a really good actress yet... will reserve judgement until the end of the drama. 

• Like 8

i fell really bad for the kittens desperate1-onion-head-emoticon.gif?12928

HongJoo mom random English so cute

The human surveillance camera is too funny.i have seen what you are like at home in my dreams it is embarrassing  feel for them on spiritual level when HongJoo tries to touch JaeChan's hand when he leaves to get bus... she was sad for a moment but to get a Hand hold from him.... I am falling for their all bus-rides that makes me say WOW FANTASTIC BABYgood-job-onion-head-emoticon.gif?1292862

YeoBeom i feel there is a good side of him no matter how much am trying to hate him in this ep i feel for him daaaang

• Like 6

I've been wanting to post but work is just about taking all of my time! So many thoughts!

But first - HongJoo's mum's random English = my random Korean. Except I don't think I sound as cute as she does. Hahaha...

Now that WooTak has a theory out about why they dream - which is very plausible - the only question is why HongJoo dreams. Unless she is simply one of those who just does and can possibly "infect" others. Kinda like the vector. After all, she dreams very broadly, although it would seem as if her dreams are beginning to focus on JaeChan. Does she dream more of a person if they are close to her (proximity-wise and emotionally)? Afterall, the dreams we've seen so far happen to people she either cares for (parents, JaeChan) or are nearby enough (Seung Won, the lighter dude).

As regards her being able to "tell" JaeChan the details of her dream even though he had already dreamt it - I have to say it seemed very "Tomorrow, With You", y'know, that dimension of time travel that gives you an insight into a future event that will happen which you have knowledge of in the present. I reckon JaeChan had an uncomfortable feeling about the link between Murderer Kang and HongJoo in his dreams, but seeing no plausible connections in the present, he didn't quite know how to frame it in his mind right down to even being able to guess when it would happen. Given also that he believes that whatever is to happen in the future can change, it also means that he needs also to ensure that HongJoo won't change certain parts of the reality (his dream) if it is instrumental in him saving her. So this is probably how it worked in his mind:

• he first dreams that he will be involved in the case of Kang and the murder of his siblings: he saw it in his dream where HongJoo reported on it and they were watching the news telecast together

> he goes to work and finds out one sibling is already murdered, the other, not yet. So this future will be happening soon enough, especially if Kang walks - which he does

• during the period of the trial, he then dreams that HongJoo is in trouble with Kang at a location which HongJoo tells him in his dream

> he tells HongJoo to play out the future that he sees in his dream, i.e. "tell me where you are". He needs that much to be consistent so that in the event that portion of the dream comes true, he can intervene

> he still doesn't know how this dream will happen because he does not yet see the link between what HongJoo has been investigating and Kang (so no one, including WooTak, actually dreamt about them going to chicken shop)

> but she had been telling him about the potassium cyanide killing of the cats; investigator Choi suggests that Kang killed his brother using potassium cyanide too. It clicks. He goes straight to the address that HongJoo gave him in his dream.

He didn't actually know if his dream would happen at that moment, but when he reviewed his first dream and saw the drink packet as evidence, he inferred that it was murder by poisoning; HongJoo just told him that the kittens were killed by poison and she was still investigating it. He took a chance and went straight to the place HongJoo told him she was at, just in case.

@stargazer187 @USAFarmgirl @kokodus

• Like 10

Drama fashion

Suzy carried LOUIS VUITTON Chain It Bag PM $3,100 in While You Were Sleeping Drama Episode 3. The price of this bag is ... WOW.

Suzy wore THOM BROWNE Logo Oxford Cotton Shirt

Spoiler

Suzy wore TOD'S Tassel Lace-Up Sneakers

Suzy carried HOZE Mame Tote Bag_Black

Lee Jong Suk wore BREITLING Navitimer 01 Chronograph

• Like 9

2 hours ago, meiil said:

is this for real?

oh yeah, I'd love that!! :D poor Woo Tak_ie was pushed by mom out of the restaurant when he did nothing wrong :( now he get to be taken care of and have a real food :wub: the family is getting bigger :heart: anfd Jae Chan can get jealous a little bit, it's healthy for him!! :wink::tongue: hhhhhhh

hhhhhhhhh

Watching KDramas is my talent

Watching KDramas is my talent

Becoming a living zombie stressful nope.

Becoming a living zombie stressful nope.

Making a deal with my alarm.

Making a deal with my alarm.

cr: https://aja-villa.tumblr.com/

• Like 10

4 minutes ago, stargazer187 said:

Medical record couldn't be collected more detail. If the want to get this they need to do the autopsy which is quickly refused by the family member which is the criminal. The investigator concluded it as just a reguar accident. They can't do the autopsy without the family consent. Then the next day they just found that the criminal got 2.7 millions in his account. This let them to feel more sure into suspect him. But since the criminal quickly cremated the corpse. They couldn't propose for the autopsy after all. How couldn't she recognize the voices. I think maybe since she didn't know the real voice of the victim. The criminal manipulated his voice to sound like his brother. Even myself couldn't recognize him either, of course I'm not a prosecutor, lol. 

I completely disagree on this point. If YooBum could get it, and he's technically an outsider while HeeMin's an insider, one with the law, power over the police officers and even has her own investigators, there is no excuse for why she couldn't get the same information that YooBum had, which required no autopsy at all. In fact, it was just normal readings paramedics always take when they're at the scene. I'm not even asking for information from the autopsy at all. Just angry that she was so careless as to not have the same information as YooBum when she had all the advantages of resources on her side.

If she knew that the body was cold at the time of the accident, there was no way she couldn't have deduced that the accident wasn't the one that caused his death and therefore, she wouldn't have indicted Chef for killing by way of accident and not lost the case.

For the voice, I can let it go. But I'll chalk it up to her not having looped through it enough times. 

Yes, the investigators are at fault for not investigating deeper but HeeMin was the one responsible for putting the argument together and determining how much evidence is enough- and she didn't question enough. So in the end, this is her fault. The investigators just do the legwork. She's the one responsible for prosecuting the case - she didn't make it ironclad. To be honest, a lot of her arguments were just based on assumptions/ circumstantial evidence. Nothing very solid or definite.

• Like 6

2 hours ago, meiil said:

is this for real?

Translation of the text preview:

Jaechan and Wootak both saved Hong Joo at the critical moment.  With Wootak being severely injured, Jaechan and Hong Joo felt guilty/troubled. Wootak who lives alone, when discharged from the hospital, asked Hong Joo if he can stay at her house for short term to recover. Hong Joo who feels sorry towards Wootak listened to his request. Jaechan starts to mind Wootak and his presence.

:)) And I loveee the actors, Lee Sang Yeob and Kang Ki Young in these previous 3 episodes. The scenes between the two in YB's office gave me CHILLS. He was honestly, shocked and slightly petrified when he heard the brother's confession. His character with his grey morals is what makes him the standout character from this drama currently. And of course, I have always knew the brother was weird when he fed the kittens with that neutral expression. Didn't expect him to kill his blood kin though. That was a shocker.

And talking about the green umbrella, my guess are either 1 of these scenarios:

1) He is the one who made her unconscious, and is wondering if he should save her or not

2) He found her in that state and same as above, wonders if he should save her

3) It's not even him under the umbrella but one of his clients, who might be the main villain?

I have a feeling that Hong Joo's so called 'death' scene will be the last and main case for the drama. 

• Like 7

I love Wootak <3

I really do, I love my Batman <3<3<3<3

but what if, he already saw this in his dream but still do it anyway because he will get the "hero award", this explain the full uniform, and he's the witness and victim in Daehee's case, therefore the investigation room with Jaechan.

I really hope that it was just my feeling.

I really hope that I'm wrong.

Please Wootak ahhhh, don't let me down!!!

three flying dragons should be united!!!!

• Like 5