[Drama 2017] Introverted Boss 내성적인 보스

Go Seung Ji

2 hours ago, kysy said:

Honestly, I am not surprised especially after seeing last weeks ratings. I was expecting TVN to step in but I figured they would revise the scripts for later episodes since episode 5 and 6 were filmed already. It is dangerous to let audience feedback have that much influence. The majority of times it doesn't save an already failing drama but lets hope this is one of the rare times it fixes and improves the drama. I do feel bad for the cast and crew though since they'll be in live shooting mode from now until the drama ends. 

Yeah, it rarely did save a failing drama....(I have seen many Kdramas much worse than this one, trust me :grimace:)
Now that tvN has already made their move, I just hope the actors and actresses would not be too tired with the tightened filming schedule.

• Replies 860
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am glad in this instance they took the viewers' feedback into account and are attempting to do something about this. I love Park Hye Soo and was disappointed when they made her character downright histrionic at the car accident scene in Ep 1. When I watched Ep1-4 (only part of Ep4, as I could not continue anymore), I did not get the impression the female lead was an extrovert... more like an immature pushy know-it-all type, who is rude to both her boss and her colleagues. In Korean office culture, a junior staff would not get away with that tone of speech and behaviour without being ticked off. Being an extrovert does not mean you are pushy and rude. I was expecting her character to be someone who is bubbly and livens up the office atmosphere, instigating social get-togethers, trying to get colleagues to bond etc. So I was surprised when she appears to be very judgemental and jumping to wrong conclusions all the time and bullying her boss... It was not hard to see Hwan-Ki is uncomfortable when placed in various social situations (so many scenarios throughout ep 1-4 for the team and for the female lead to deduce this), you do not need a psychology degree to size him up.... They make everyone in the Silent Monster team totally inept at sizing people up. 

I think I will read the reviews for Ep5-6 in this forum and also on Dramabeans... if the plot does improve, I will complete the rest of Ep4 and continue with the rest of the series! So thanks in advance for those of you who are soldiering on with the drama and sharing your thoughts! :)

enjoying the drama, but not liking the lead female. 1st, as a newbie there is no way in heck she would be employed. As it has been mentioned she is too judge mental and jumps to way too many conclusions. Her drinking partner warned her that this will hurt her in the end. What I find funny is that no one has even considered the boss to be Anthropophobia  and he does have sever case of it. I am disappointed in the friend who is trying to get him out of his shell, but truth is he needs professional help. Still love the main actor he's hilarious!

As much as I want to warm up to Ro Woon, I really don't get how the higher-ups let her be this intrusive. I really cringed when she came up to his penthouse and aggressively yanked him. I mean, she's not drunk to begin with. She's there for her first day of work. She even manipulated the crew into forcing the boss to present. She has no respect at all. Meanwhile, it's hardly believable that none of them has ever noticed he's not just an introvert but also has a bad case of social phobia. Maybe the writer is banking on constant misunderstanding, but don't they even notice him stutter and fidget? Not even the mother goose who's supposed to be sensitive? I hope Kyori would at least let them in on his secret and the team would make their boss their next project. 

20 hours ago, autumn1n4 said:

Anyone knows how much episodes this drama? i wish it 20 ep because i enjoy watching this drama so much. 

i introvert too and im laughed so hard when EHG meet his employees for the first time scenes XD

They plans for 20 ep at first. But if rating continue to down after they edit as they can. They will cut it into 12-14 eps. The next drama, She Love Lies was began filming soon and they can cut down this drama easily.

i hope the writers will make improvement... especially with the female lead. so far .. 

episode 1 to 4.. she is just an annoying employee who has no respect for anyone. making assumptions before investigating everything. 

she had 3 years since her sister suicide to investigate what the cause of it.. but so far... she just assumes and  figured that she is right all the time.

in a regular office environment employee like here would have been fired long ago. 

6 hours ago, annamchoi said:

Hi all...

Im just wondering if why ep 5 did not air..thank u!

You can go back some page to find the answer. This thread not so hard to find. It's even on the top of this page.

http://entertain.naver.com/ranking/read?oid=213&aid=0000943033
They are having problem now. They already fliming 80% of ep 8. Because they changed the script of ep 5-6, they also need to edit ep 7 - 8. But ep 7 - 8 was fliming in Malaysia.

1 hour ago, quockhanh45 said:

You can go back some page to find the answer. This thread not so hard to find. It's even on the top of this page.

http://entertain.naver.com/ranking/read?oid=213&aid=0000943033
They are having problem now. They already fliming 80% of ep 8. Because they changed the script of ep 5-6, they also need to edit ep 7 - 8. But ep 7 - 8 was fliming in Malaysia.

26 minutes ago, sebastian27 said:

They are re-shooting the episodes. They will air episode 5 & 6 next week..

@quockhanh45  @sebastian27 thanks for the responses! Appreciate it! Why need to re shoot? Any problem with the storyline? that needs revisions? Or it is all about the ratings?? Thanks!

The news said the rewrite the whole ep 7 and 8 too, even though they already finished filming those 2 in Malay.

Since ep 1, the drama received lots of criticism. The truth is this drama had lots of potential and TVN did the promotion right before it aired, So it is one among a few very anticipated drama this year. A starting rating over 3 is quite ideal.  U know when a drama has a lot of hype, after the first ep airs, there would be top articles on both Nate and Naver about the drama. And if the drama continues to get attention, articles on its episodes will continue to top Nate and Naver in the following weeks. But after ep 1, there were crazy criticism on the drama and also the female lead character. And she got worse in ep 2. This is not my words, I followed the dramas so I read the comments under the most popular articles after each ep. People criticized not only the character of Roowon but also the actress's tone and pronunciation, they said she sounds like she got a bad cold, and she sounds very forced not natural which makes it hard for them to be immersed in her scenes. It makes the character even seem crazier  Especially when Park Hye Soo did most of her scenes chin up with her eyes wide open. And they can't sympathize with her stories and her behaviors. And they also don't see the chemistry between leads, because YJW is over 30 and Park Hye Soo looks very young even for her age. The strong reaction is also because the disappointment after the drama was promoted to have the same quality as last year hit Oh Hae Young, and Knets did comment about how Oh Hae Young is a crazy girl but Seo Hyun Jin delivered and made viewers sympathize with this character. 

This is why, I guess, there are a lot of change in ep 3 and ep4. I know ever before the drama aired, they already filmed up to ep 8 or 9, and as a fan of Hyosung, I know she only cut her bang one week before the press con, so the fact that she has bang even in ep 3 and 4 made me suspect that they made some changes in the order of the scenes. So it seems like they tried to tell more stories on Roowon so people will manage to sympathize with her and the production hopes that viewers will comeback. It is too late and of course the plan didn't work. The drama managed to make a few headlines after ep 3 still but the criticisms are even stronger. And now it is also on the writer's ignorance of organization culture, a lot of viewers can't get through the illogical company setting. After ep 4 aired the drama stopped making headlines, i couldn't find any top articles on Naver after the drama aired, even the most popular article only had less than 100 comments. I think the drop in rating pulled TVN in. Noted that Tvn is not just any cable channel. Most of their dramas passed the average rating of 3% in the last 2 years. So for this drama to go down to 1% is an alarm to them.

I feel horrible for all the casts and I think many of them have other plans and are busy with other things too, so I don't know how i feel abt the modification. My experiences tell me that 99% of the time, modifying the script at this point will make it worse. I'dd rather them cutting the drama short to 12 or 14 eps.  

i watch this show, so far i love it, especially when the boss following her at the bridge.. (seems like the same bridge with "marriage not dating" drama :tongue:)

Spoiler

at some point ppl would said she was little bit unprofessional in her first day at work, when she went to his room. But as far i understand, she did it because she was misunderstanding the boss as the one who cause her sister died. So she was trying to find something related with her sister dead.

there is nothing wrong with her voice, i think it was because she was born with it. (Lets call it was god given) she have sexy voice, which it would be hard to change the tone, her voice sound unique.. i saw on youtube she was singer at first? :D 

though i feel her character little bit annoying while the boss quiet looks like nice guy..i guess i just get into "introverted boss" dreamland.. its not because i was annoyed outside context of the drama.. but she did success to makes me feel annoyed with her character as development of story..  (well, an example: just like i hate "evil guy" in kdrama, it means writer success deliver her/his story to viewers)

(im not Park hae soo fan, im just viewers who love kdrama, but i love "the boss" since marriage not dating drama, he is good in romcom)

I dont know how they change the plot, but seems like Knetz always dislike "annoying lead character" just like what happen in "entourage" drama where The male lead so annoying lol. I guess it was matters with personal taste. Hoho..

I enjoy introverted boss so far ! 

tvN's "Introverted Boss" Takes Viewers' Feedback Into Consideration And Revises Scripts For Next Episodes

leonid

tvN drama “Introverted Boss” has announced its decision to make adjustments to the show in consideration of viewers’ opinions.

On January 31, a source from tvN stated, “Parts of the script of ‘Introverted Boss’ have been modified. We will retain the bigger picture of the story, but we took into account feedback from viewers with regards to the pacing of the episodes.”

The source added, “The viewers’s feedback will be reflected in the story when the drama resumes broadcasting on February 6 with its fifth episode.”

Previously, tvN cancelled the drama’s January 30 and 31 broadcasts for the Lunar New Year holiday. In the process, script revisions were made, and changes to the flow of the story can now be anticipated. With a reputation for producing quality romantic comedies, tvN is expected to give the drama a needed boost to overcome its low ratings hovering at 1 percent, and criticisms on its slow development.

“Introverted Boss” will continue to broadcast on Mondays and Tuesdays at 11 p.m. KST.

source soompi

'Introverted Boss' to revise scripts for episodes 5-8

0000943033_001_20170131182805832.jpg

Screen+Shot+2017-01-31+at+2.56.30+PM.png

Naver - tv Report: 'Introverted Boss' to revise episodes Ep 7-8 including episodes 5-6... discarded script

1. [+8,149, -210] At this rate, they'll get rid of the whole thing and write a new one.. Why not use this opportunity to decrease the female lead's scenes? Let's put Yeon Woo Jin to good use

2. [+6,958, -93] tvN sure is fast at feedbacks

3. [+5,484, -102] Yeon Woo Jin-ssi has a lot to put up with

4. [+4,754, -129] The drama would've watchable if the female lead's character wasn't such a nuisance ㅠㅠ Hope the script will be revised well

5. [+1,273, -140] Who thought it was a good idea to give Park Hye Soo the lead role at this stage of her career? It's not like they've verified if she's a good actress, I've not even heard anyone praising her acting.. Why give the lead role to an acting amateur?

6. [+1,056, -91] tvN suffered a flop with Entourage, hit the jackpot with Dokkaebi and almost screwed up again through Introverted Boss. It's like they're on a roller coaster

7. [+867, -71] Looks like the negative reactions had an impact ㅋㅋ It would've been big trouble if it was pre-produced

8. [+813, -29] The female lead's character is bizarre, it doesn't help that the actress doesn't fit the role.. there's hardly any chemistry between the two leads

-

Cr

yup they need revise/rewrite the script

is a good decision

please continue watch introverted boss

i love the male cute lead and hyosung

and i read some they want to change the female lead

Why TH is everyone blame PHS?? It s not like she is bad at portraying the character, she is just following the script, many others actress much worse than her especially idol actors, change the lead just make this drama is a mess. 

I think this is writer fault to make the char behave like that and many holes from the plot like when in the bar scene? its like Secretary didn't know well who is EHG. Besides EHG has told her who is he and his problem back inthe hospital scene. 

And there is people comparing lead female from AMO and CRW.??this is not fair because it s from different writer

No idea what they saying in the video. I hope the script changes will do the drama good. All actors are very good.

So far my favorite scene has been the boss coming to send the drunk employees home! I hope they will use all the high end analysis tools to figure out what worked well and do more of that.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KfhgIHbsgNM

Will watch till the end for the leads!

Archived