[Drama 2017] Introverted Boss 내성적인 보스

Go Seung Ji

@lovcom00Me too, I don't want to give up on this drama just yet. Hopefully we get back to the funnies in episode 6. 

I felt like episode 5, was a total mockery to viewers who complained about the the lead actress - like "Since you guys complained we'll give it you", other than that it was a complete filler which could've been condensed. With all this "sister story" I wish that this arc will finish up soon, cause I don't know whether it's strong enough to carry the drama. I couldn't manage to finish episode 5 and just skimmed the episode, it was a whole new direction - a direction I'm hoping they're not going forward with. The only thing I can say is the elder sister is a scene stealer, it's unfortunate she's not in the drama unless it's a flashback. 

I swear I keep comparing this drama to Lucky Romance, at least there was some funny antics (with the quirkiness of the male lead to boot) to keep you watching.

I particularly want to see: 

- The "mother" staff member and her relationship with her husband and kids. ( In a previous episode there was a picture frame of her and her family, her husband seriously looked like Kim Ji Seok - or was I seeing things LOL) If he was a cameo would be nice haha. 

- The main lead becoming a team with his members, and eventually going through funny phases of protecting his squad

- His team finding out he likes Caramel Macchiato lol. 

- The HK's father getting a dose of his own medicine

- HK going to a introverted club and meeting other introverts (though I want him to meet an introvert who does not have social anxiety or avoidance behaviours like he does). I wish this drama was clear in defining the difference between an introvert and one with more issues. In episode 1 we had a scene where HK talked to his therapist.... where the heck did she go?? 

• Replies 860
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, brielover said:

Just saw episode 5, and I don't know what the drama writers were hoping from it.  

First of all, the thing is flat without the main lead girl appearing in it for more than a couple of minutes.  I know some people don't like her but I think if that's true, they shouldn't watch and please stop complaining because she's carrying it mostly, or at least equally with the main male lead, on her shoulders for those of us that do like it.  She lit up the whole episode whenever she appeared and it got commensurately dull when she wasn't around.

Secondly, I don't know about most viewers but I had guessed all of episode 5 in my head during prior episodes.  Why did they feel the need to tell us it all as if the viewer wasn't getting it? The only thing I learned from this episode was that Ro Won's sister was helping Hwang Gi with advice on romance.  Was anybody else surprised by anything?

I will continue with Introverted Boss because I liked it from the beginning, but for those who were hovering on the quit line, I can't see this episode making anyone decide to continue.

Really, I admit I don't like the lead much here, I think her lack of experience with acting is quite evident glaringly in some scenes but cutting her out is not the way to go by. In my opinion, there was already room for growth for her, why not just utilize that.

Just finished watching episode 5 and I rewatched episode 1 for suicide scene.

I have 2 questions for writer and or director.

1. Which the place where secretary did suicide, is rooftop or penthouse?

2. She took off her shoes on rooftop but why did boss find secretary's shoes on window? This is a mystery for me. :ph34r:

I think Ep 5 was made to clear things up. It was needed for this drama to move on and go further. I will wait for ep 6 with high hopes. 

I like the drama as it is, although there were times i feel frustrated. But let us see how the "revamped" it and made it for the better, i really hope they made it better.

4 hours ago, blademan said:

I honestly really liked last night's episode! I still don't see the 'apparent' shortcomings of the plot line and lead actress!

me too that's why i don't know why there is a need to revisit the story and all that. i like Park hye soo, honestly i liked her since Kpop Star. but  Yeon WOo-jin is one of my favorites so i'm sticking to this drama till the end!

2 hours ago, jeenee said:

I think Ep 5 was made to clear things up. It was needed for this drama to move on and go further. I will wait for ep 6 with high hopes. 

I like the drama as it is, although there were times i feel frustrated. But let us see how the "revamped" it and made it for the better, i really hope they made it better.

me too that's why i don't know why there is a need to revisit the story and all that. i like Park hye soo, honestly i liked her since Kpop Star. but  Yeon WOo-jin is one of my favorites so i'm sticking to this drama till the end!

I liked PHS ever since Age of Youth! Her character was really complex and contemporary there and it's actually harder to portray than her current one, so I don't see why netizens are criticising her acting instead of maybe looking at the bigger picture as to why her character is written like that...

And YWJ! Been a fan of him ever since Arang and The Magistrate and fell even harder for him in MND :wub: 

So screw them haters! I love this show and will continue to do so :) 

Hello! I just finished watching episode 5. I might be one of the minority here who liked the flashback episode. While it did confirm what we have been thinking what has happened all along, I'm satisfied they laid it all out like that so that the story can focus on the present. While I don't dislike RW, I can understand why some of the feedback they received was the difficulty of audiences connecting with her. By showing the makjang-fest flashback, background on how her character acts in the present  was given. She was cheerful and all that was lost with her sister's suicide. She had to confront the loss of her sister and then her mother. It was heartbreaking during the kimchi scene with her mother.  I still think she pulls off antics and rudeness at work that could already get her fired but then again we are watching a Kdrama wherein we have to suspend disbelief.

I disliked Kang CEO since episode 1 and episode 5 made me hate him with a fire of a thousand suns. I want to skin him alive when he lied and told them it was RWs Sis who came onto him. HG's Dad is really something, too. I can't decide who I hate more.

I liked that they've shown the friendship between RW's sis and HG. The highlight for me for the episode was the scene where he went to the NY Barbershop and RW's Dad was intuitive enough to know he was going through something. Man, Dad was going to develop lung cancer with the number of sticks he smoked outside. HG was crying for far too long inside.

I am looking forward to today's subbed episode because I miss the antics of Silent Monster team. They are mental! But here's to hoping they are not so mental not to notice that Eun CEO is suffering from social anxiety and just stop with sabotaging and bullying him. Boss needs help overcoming it!

Ok, this was more like it! This is what was promised to audience in the teasers and the story is finally getting to it.

What raised doubts for me was ep 5. Like few in the minority I never had a problem with any of the actors. I love them all! What kept confusing me was the script. If they had delayed ep 5 and 6 because they were revising the script then ep 5 looked completely dark without any comic elements (which could be seen in earlier episodes). I understand that one way or the other the past had to be shown and it had to be shown all at once to create an impact.

Today's episode was breathing freely again with more outdoor scenes. Even the scene where the boss's sister comes over and the siblings are cooking was sweet. I laughed at Hwan Ki's pop corn charade and the 'I Love you' confession!

The last panda in snow scene was touching! 

I've just watched the last 20-30 minutes of Episode 6 live streaming and for me is SO much better, it really seems more like a romcom now, boss can actually speak a little with his coworkers and RW is more soft and and relaxed and gets to know a little boss real personality, plus RW knows now that second lead is engaged already and I'm glad this plot wasn't dragged for too long as she has fallen for him by now.

Next week preview there's an outing in some warm exotic place, there's a fight between boss and second lead, I think they're both searching for a lost RW, boss piggybacks RW, RW takes a drunken boss in his room and there's the classic scene with both of them falling on the bed facing each other etc. I couldn't ask for more, I'm so happy lol the cute romcom is finally here

*giggles*

59 minutes ago, lovcom00 said:

Next week preview there's an outing in some warm exotic place, there's a fight between boss and second lead, I think they're both searching for a lost RW, boss piggybacks RW, RW takes a drunken boss in his room and there's the classic scene with both of them falling on the bed facing each other etc. I couldn't ask for more, I'm so happy lol the cute romcom is finally here

YES!!!! CAN'T WAIT :wub: 

If it's anything like AOHY, I expect many more sweet/romantic scenes between the two!

57 minutes ago, staygold said:

Oh Ok!! So this is that Malaysia shoot they were talking about!! I was thinking which place in S. Korea is warm at this time of the year! :tongue: #livingunderarock

They filmed in M'sia??!!! OMG I LIVE THERE!!!! I mean HERE! When was this...

So it boils down to they have turned this or turning it into into a regular rom  com K drama correct?  Trying to be unique with your leads was a flop and the old k drama cliches are what  the audience wants in the long run it seems.

I just watched subbed episode 6 and OMG I was laughing too much! The team outing/workshop was a riot. It had its touching moments, too specially with the mom teammate. I'm glad HG told RW that WI is engaged. 

So RW is not out now for revenge as she now realizes that HG is not a difficult person but someone who is hurt. It's hard to get through with HG's Dad thrashing around like a maniac and yelling at HG. 

I do feel bad for RW's Dad who is trying so hard but RW remains closed off. I wonder what has made her like this with Dad. It's not like she was the only one who got left behind, Dad suffered, too.

The panda suit at the end was so touching and then it was suddenly so funny with HG's dorkiness. Betting that HG will bring back RW's love for kimchi. 

@stargazer187 Agree! I'm playing One More Step right now. The melody is so nice. However, I'm not a fan of Memory. Sorry! But I hope it gets retired after the flasbacks we've seen in episode 5.

The drama is going somewhere now, the darkness lifted!   Am glad they rethought this for a week. 

Ep 6 saw Boss beginning to open up to his staff and removing that hoodie more often.  The actress toned down RW.    With realization that revenge felt empty, she had opportunity to see Boss in a new light.   I hope things will continue to be better for the drama and our two leads, 

Kinda felt that rom com was the objective from the start, with snatches of it in the first 4 eps.  But along he way it turned dark, whether intentionally, or lost direction, idk, as they had to deal with serious stuff---suicide, losing a loved one, revenge, misinterpretation, blame, and taking advantage of the extreme introversion of a CEO, and the difficulty he himself has facing people.  On hindsight, the flashback ep 5 did show how he regressed from very  shy to extremely so, and spelled out what we suspected all along--- WI took advantage of secretary.

Am glad I stuck with it.  Actually, learned new things with this drama.  

19 hours ago, staygold said:

Oh Ok!! So this is that Malaysia shoot they were talking about!! I was thinking which place in S. Korea is warm at this time of the year! :tongue: #livingunderarock

Oh Malaysia. I thought it was Indonesia (Bali) or Thailand because of monkey.

Archived