[Drama 2017] Introverted Boss 내성적인 보스

Go Seung Ji

• Replies 860
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, glee77 said:

Of course, everybody will watch to know what is different. But only today..

Don't be surprised if tomorrow's ratings are lower :(

SBS now air special move The Suspect, with Gong Yoo as lead. And it came #1 Nate top search now. So don't expected about ratings or what.

Agrrr. With the content is just in the past, they should air a special ep, not a normal ep like this.

I wonder if Ep5 is now focussing on the past to redeem the 2nd male lead's character (Yoon Park)... to explain why he is scheming towards Hwan-Ki and family in present day? I know they are desperate to redeem the drama, but it is rather odd to devote an entire episode on the past story suddenly at the juncture of Ep5? Maybe I have to wait to watch it with subs to full understand their intent how this will salvage the entire drama...

They really want to turn Yoon Park into avillain. So disappoined.
The female lead now crying.. They try to explain why female lead and Yoon Park like that  :confounded:. I gave so much expectations. I feel they saying "No! Not my script too terible! Just the viewers can't get it'

:cry: Doesnt look like an episode that was revised. Except for that flashback scene with the heroine's family and the neighbour ahjusshis. That had weird editing and looked like placeholder.

The preview with the office outing looks a bit funny.

No ep 5 focused on the past just to explain more the relationship among the 4 main leads and why Roo won acted crazy in the first eps, i think it is to develop Hwanki and redeem Roo won

The reaction is not bad though. But mainly coz of the whole episode was in the past so no more annoying female lead, but i dunno how it will work toward the future development of the show as a whole. I think the whole ep is just confusing coz i mean it doesnt look like the same drama anymore. I dont think it is good to dwell in the past like this, it only satisfied people who want to know about Han Chae Ah and who loves her performance (which is fantastic) and her dynamic with the boss for now, but the drama will not be about that from now on.  I did feel more sympathy toward the male lead though, and i understand where the female lead is coming from (still not enough to sympathize her behaviors in the first 4 eps)

This is to please Korean drama fans and it may be successful just at that, especially in terms of acting and chemistry. But the writing doesnt look any better over all, i thought of giving it another chance, and I did. I will try one more ep but I don't see any potential in this. 

I only saw a snippet of the Ep5 livestream out of curiosity, but it looked so heavy (as @staygold already mentioned), so I stopped... Haha.. would be interested to read people's comments once it has been subbed.

However, I must say that I do feel sorry that Park Hye Soo is being blamed for the poor ratings. Yes, she is a rookie actress and perhaps it is too early to give her a lead role, but I feel that the main flaw of the drama (Ep1-4 at least) is the writing rather than acting ... Many people just could not identify with the obnoxious behaviour of the female lead character and how she could get away with a lot of her outrageous actions as a newcomer at a very junior level in a well-established PR firm. I imagine that if this role was given to a more experienced actress... yes, she might be able to tone down some of the facial expressions, or change the tone of the delivery of the lines, or have a so-called prettier face that pleases the audience etc., but the story would still remain essentially the same... People would still find the female lead character annoying and unrealistic, since the lead actress cannot change the script (unless she has some powerful backers who have to power to do so... haha... then that is a different story altogether!)... Perhaps if this female lead part was given to an experienced actress with an impeccable track record, then perhaps the blame would fall squarely on the plot line rather than on the unfortunate actress... I mean, I first saw Park Hye Soo in Age of Youth and felt that she has the potential to grow and become a good actress, given the right script and the right direction and coaching from the PD how to enact the scene... She looks very cute and natural in the teasers for this drama and that was what prompted me to watch the drama in the first place. So I think it is unfortunate that a lot of the blame has been apportioned to her personally. It is just bad luck that she got this role that would be hard for any actress to make the character likeable... Oh well, perhaps her Agency will be more cautious in the future when they receive an offer of a lead role for their rookie actors... 

9 hours ago, quockhanh45 said:

Sorry for cutting your post, I totally agree with your ideas. If I was writer, I will delete the past and pass it quickly (although it's so stupid to do that) then focus at the present. Don't try to make viewers understand the stupid makjang past, please focus about the present.

Yes! 100% yes! but can they make it into 20 episodes?

So, I have just gotten into this drama and I already like the feel and pace of it. With that being said, I really hope that the writer and director tread carefully with the female lead, who is now walking on a tightrope of being someone we can all root for and being utterly annoying.

The plot thus far...

I get that Chae Ro Woon wants to avenge her sister's death, but what I don't understand is how she did like no research before she entered the company. Revenge takes time, planning and research. She (1) does not know why her sister "committed suicide", (2) She doesn't know who all her sister worked for/with while she was at the company, (3) She put ALL of her eggs in one basket by just focusing on Hwan Ki a/k/a Silent Monster.

So these first four episodes, all we have seen are flashbacks and then in the present Ro Woon going after Silent Monster, but not really knowing anything about him. No shade to her, but it was obvious, very obvious to me from the beginning that he had a social disorder. I get that he is weird, introverted and abrupt, but they ARE his employees and when it came time for them to prepare the presentation to the ramen company, there was insubordination all over the place. If the CEO has to do the presentation, then the team has failed him. Plain and simple. People who have no initiative and can't do anything for themselves irk me. Once he put the order out that Chief Bread Shuttle would have to do the presentation, the ENTIRE team wasted so much time trying to NOT do the work, instead of coming up with a plan to still do the presentation. They know she is a working mother, and some type of teamwork could've genuinely helped her. This woman not only did not come through, she never even showed up. And the sad part is, Silent Monster had already done ALL of the work!

I knew someone in college who had the type of social disorder that Silent Monster has. It is really debilitating to not be able to express yourself and communicate in any way. It is not that he is mute, autistic or has some sort of speech impediment, he literally cannot even attempt communication most times. It was so hard to watch him get pushed into that presentation. I was legit angry with Ro Woon, because for all of her spying, nosiness and interfering, how does she STILL not know that he could not do it??? Then there is Kang Woo Il, who has used his friend's disorder to push himself in the limelight. I knew from the first episode that he was the dangerous one, yet he has everyone fooled. People like him are dangerous, and I can already tell that history will repeat itself. She will end up in the same situation that her sister was in, which I believe was used in some way by Kang Woo Il.

Moving forward, I hope they develop Ro Woon's character. She is a bit self-centered. I hate the way that she treats her father, and acts like she is the only one who is grieving. I also don't like how she went after Silent Monster without doing any research. Everything about him just screams that he is NOT the one she should be getting revenge on. Their team at work are full of people who would seriously get fired if they worked anywhere, and I mean ANYWHERE else. But, there is a lot of potential here, so I will keep watching and look forward to the real truth to unfold.

*waves all*

I've been watching every single episode until now, mainly because MND is still one of my all-time-fave romcoms, but, like many others, I was quite disappointed. 

I especially hated the "heaviness" of the past scenes and I found out that, even if we are talking about suicide and way more important matters, it was easier for me to relate with Han Groo character's need to marry, her fear of solitude, than this makjang plot of revenge.

The main faults in my opinion are the heaviness mixed with unreal situations (and, yes, I can't sympathize with the female character yet), plus the camera work.

This is probably just me, but I've noticed this already in AOHY (that I didn't like a lot), sometimes the scenes are SO long, like the scene when they were running one towards the other and he was carrying all those bags, it was cute at the beginnig.. but then it was so long that I actually had the time to watch the time twice while they were still at it and then the episode ended and they still couldn't reach each other? Just how far they were? How slow they were running?? (Ok, probably this is just because I couldn't grow affectionate of them yet).

Anyway, I took a glimpse at today's episode and it seems like is all settled in the past. I'm not sure if they wanted us to understand better the characters background, if they don't have a lot of scenes filmed because of the changes in the script or if they know we're all sick of the past scenes and they wanted to get rid of it all together, but I think we'll really witness where we are headed with this change of script tomorrow,

let's cross fingers, I don't want to give up on this show yet

*tears*

11 hours ago, quockhanh45 said:

Sorry for cutting your post, I totally agree with your ideas. If I was writer, I will delete the past and pass it quickly (although it's so stupid to do that) then focus at the present. Don't try to make viewers understand the stupid makjang past, please focus about the present.

Ya we don't give a damn about the makjang past. Hope ep 5 will be the last of it and move on to the present dynamics between the silence monster teammates~

Was disappointed with the story of ep5 but getting hopeful seeing the preview.

16230773_278485615901489_87855592025976916230161_259414251160488_172721964638745

To me this latest episode of the past only confirmed what most of us knew already because of flashbacks which I felt were well placed thus far.  I'm not sure if things got changed or if this episode was meant to be like this or maybe from all the reviews and view count it was their way of clearing up a few things.  Needless to say I may be the odd man out but I really loved the first episodes and still love the drama itself.  I think its interesting and to tell you the truth to me the acting is pretty good too I mean we have to remember it's kind of a dark story in more than one way but there is real depth here too if your willing to open yourself up to it.  It's kind of like the same book two people read one only reads the words and the other feels them instead...

I think the writer is also courageous in taking on a subject and character with a real phobia and maybe by using a mixture of comedy, drama, mystery and romance.  Is a way of allowing viewers to open up their eyes and hearts  to better understand that just because people may look or act a certain way it doesn't mean they are different unlike anyone else.  In fact there is real truth in just these first few episodes to quickly we judge what we see instead of what is known or the truth...

I hope more viewers will give this drama a chance and focus not only on what they see but on the story itself and the characters and their brokenness whether its sickness or loss or greed or selfishness reading between the lines and whats not seen and often whats not even said but there if your willing to find it...

19 minutes ago, USAFarmgirl said:

To me this latest episode of the past only confirmed what most of us knew already because of flashbacks which I felt were well placed thus far.  I'm not sure if things got changed or if this episode was meant to be like this or maybe from all the reviews and view count it was their way of clearing up a few things.  Needless to say I may be the odd man out but I really loved the first episodes and still love the drama itself.  I think its interesting and to tell you the truth to me the acting is pretty good too I mean we have to remember it's kind of a dark story in more than one way but there is real depth here too if your willing to open yourself up to it.  It's kind of like the same book two people read one only reads the words and the other feels them instead...

I think the writer is also courageous in taking on a subject and character with a real phobia and maybe by using a mixture of comedy, drama, mystery and romance.  Is a way of allowing viewers to open up their eyes and hearts  to better understand that just because people may look or act a certain way it doesn't mean they are different unlike anyone else.  In fact there is real truth in just these first few episodes to quickly we judge what we see instead of what is known or the truth...

I hope more viewers will give this drama a chance and focus not only on what they see but on the story itself and the characters and their brokenness whether its sickness or loss or greed or selfishness reading between the lines and whats not seen and often whats not even said but there if your willing to find it...

I agree 100%.  I haven't watched the newest episode yet but I had been really enjoying the drama through episode 4, and thought the flashbacks had been well-placed.  They did mention they thought they had pacing problems in response to the viewers and were re-writing the scripts to change that, so if this next episode is flashback heavy I guess they thought they could address it that way.  Don't know if that will work.  Anyway, glad that you like me enjoy the show.  I was beginning to think I was the only one.  And what's wrong with me anyway?  I always seem to like shows that get poor ratings like Scarlet Heart and Weightlifting Fairy, and now this one!

12 minutes ago, brielover said:

I agree 100%.  I haven't watched the newest episode yet but I had been really enjoying the drama through episode 4, and thought the flashbacks had been well-placed.  They did mention they thought they had pacing problems in response to the viewers and were re-writing the scripts to change that, so if this next episode is flashback heavy I guess they thought they could address it that way.  Don't know if that will work.  Anyway, glad that you like me enjoy the show.  I was beginning to think I was the only one.  And what's wrong with me anyway?  I always seem to like shows that get poor ratings like Scarlet Heart and Weightlifting Fairy, and now this one!

We are truly kindred spirits and your not alone in fact it looks like we have the very same taste in dramas I loved both the dramas you mentioned and maybe it's because we are all so different what is meaningful to someone may not be to someone else.  I always seem to read and watch with my heart not so much my mind if you know what I mean.  I always want to believe there is a silver lining to be found and it's my job to find it and often I do:blush:

Last second thought but I have learned that ratings don't always reflect whether or not a drama is good or bad.  Because the truth is it's really about whether or not it touched or moved a viewers heart or made them think or even challenged them in someway.  Don't get me wrong I realize for a drama it's about making money but for the writer it's about their words being understood and felt and for actors its about their characters being believable and for the OST it's about the songs and the melodies that in a few notes we can remember a scene.  For the viewers at least to this one, it's about the scenes that spoke to me and that often linger long after a drama if over....

Just saw episode 5, and I don't know what the drama writers were hoping from it.  

First of all, the thing is flat without the main lead girl appearing in it for more than a couple of minutes.  I know some people don't like her but I think if that's true, they shouldn't watch and please stop complaining because she's carrying it mostly, or at least equally with the main male lead, on her shoulders for those of us that do like it.  She lit up the whole episode whenever she appeared and it got commensurately dull when she wasn't around.

Secondly, I don't know about most viewers but I had guessed all of episode 5 in my head during prior episodes.  Why did they feel the need to tell us it all as if the viewer wasn't getting it? The only thing I learned from this episode was that Ro Won's sister was helping Hwang Gi with advice on romance.  Was anybody else surprised by anything?

I will continue with Introverted Boss because I liked it from the beginning, but for those who were hovering on the quit line, I can't see this episode making anyone decide to continue.

just finished watching episode 5.

why the back story/flashback? i can understand if they want to show a bit of it. but to dedicate the entire episode for that..

what is the purpose? knowing the back story for the cause of suicide of the sister does not in any way justify everything that the female lead did.

the suicide was a result of what has been done to her. no one forced that mom to die of grief. the mom was that one that forgot that she still have one daughter. the female lead was horrible to the elder sister because of sibling jealously.. 

hoping that the next episode will be ok. i really like the male lead. watched his previous series. he is very good and talented. 

i want to be entertained not cringed every time the female lead did something that clearly in any world would not be tolerated especially for a newly hired employee.

this is just my opinion. 

Archived