[Drama 2017] Introverted Boss 내성적인 보스

Go Seung Ji

I LOVE this drama! So under rated but it is a revelation for me about introvert people. I've read an article about introverts who are leaders.

I'm impressed with our hero and YWJ who is just perfect as HG. I also find the actress playing Ro Won sweet and refreshing! She isn't irritating at all as I've friends who are like her. 

I think HG & RW look alike and they are a match made in heaven! They are my fave 2017 OTP!:blush:

• Replies 860
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 2/12/2017 at 5:56 AM, auroredawn said:

Hello, I am a newbie on this thread :)

@jellybellymonster, I enjoyed reading your post!

Hello and welcome @auroredawn ! Please post more often. Nice to read your and everyone's thoughts that I missed while I was away.

Real life has been keeping me out of Soompi but I'm still enjoying this series very much and have decided to stick with it till the end. I don't usually bother with ratings but it is a shame that this show isn't watched by a lot more people because I enjoy the portrayal of an extremely introverted person like HK (more on this later) . If there's one thing I had to nitpick on, I felt like in the latter part of episode 7, the editing was all over the place. Maybe they were rushing to get the episodes done to be aired that day but I felt like scenes were choppy and the characters seem to have ADHD who just can't focus from scene to scene. :crazy: This continued into episode 8 with the overseas shots.

I liked that RW has seen snippets of the real HK and changed her opinion about him. We've started with her snooping around, needling and sabotaging him but by now, she's encouraging him to come out of his shell and interact. The panda and kimchi scenes are specially wonderful to watch as you see them showing acute understanding of each other. HK is really a sweet and thoughtful person. Often times, he's just misunderstood by the people around him when in truth he was just clamming up and missed his cue to say something. Those parts where he's having an internal battle with himself on what to say is so on point. Some of us can relate to that in a certain degree. Sometimes you want to interact with people but it may not be as easy so you end up overthinking on what to do that in the end you just end up making a fool out of yourself. While it was not his shining moment, it was good that he yelled at WI - he was showing emotions and saying what really is on his mind at that moment.

WI still confuddles me. He's still slimy as hell but in the past 2 episodes, they are trying to peel some layers off him to not just make him a one-dimensional but as an actually sympathetic character. Although his decision-making and actions still makes me want to throw things at him, they are trying to show his past and in turn where his insecurities are rooted from. It still doesn't excuse what he did and still continues to do but man can you for once not be a coward?

Yi Soo also frustrates the hell out of me. I am trying to understand her but I can't. She overheard what happened 3 years ago but chose to act oblivious. Brushing issues under the rug seems to be her specialty. She probably has a clue that WI isn't in love with her but is still willing to be wed to him. I guess continuing to live in a lie is easier than confronting the truth.

Which brings me to their parents. Wow, they are their own brands of crazy. The Dad operates on old school machismo while Mom is passive-aggressive. It's no wonder that those 3 turned out the way they are - never showing/saying what they really want to. I also wonder why they adopted WI. From what I've seen, WI still feels unwelcome. The way Dad treats WI, it's as if the guy needs to earn his keep instead of being treated as family. And also I feel sorta icked-out that WI was presumably brought up in the same household and yet Yi Soo and everybody else expects them to get married. :crazy:

Yeon Woo Yin can really portray HK so well as he can really look shy. The "shy but longing" look he gives while stalking RW is SPOT ON!  The way he rolls his eye balls is hilarious. I've another under rated actor to rout for!:blush:

Then again Park Hye Soo is an ideal match for him as RW. She's bubbly and look naturally beautiful with her single eyelids.:D 

I've watched the presscom and BTS and can tell our OTP has awesome chemistry. Looking forward to ep 9 where I hope to see some mutual skinship between them!:wub:

MY SHY BOSS HWAITING!:heart:

Here's the preview for episode 9 --

Looks like we'll see the re-emergence of HG's first love (?). So, are we going to have a love triangle, quadrangle or pentangle?? Dun, dun, duunnn! Can't wait for Monday!  :lol:

By the way, is there anyone here in the forum who can translate the preview for us? Kamsahamnida! :)

Wow, this review is very good and fun, this preview is great even appearing a past love interest I hope it is to grow in history and not disturb the romance of the main couple.
Seriously they slept together in the same bed (I liked!), That these two together, if they complement both, the opposites that attract, they seem to be understand so well after this restructuring of history.

Ooh. Preview.  Love triangle.   And he wore pink and black stripes, nice that he is getting out of his shell, slowly yet surely.

@autumn1n4   Thanks for the heads up.  I went to the tvN site and while it isnt confirmed for both our drama and the next,  it is possible.   Cutting to 14 eps?  Not good news.   16 will be better,   On a positive note,  they are pacing this  well from the last few eps.   If they pace this quick enough, then the story will be told well, and in an interesting manner with no drag,  in the next 6 eps.   They will continue getting HG to interact much better.   

End  the WI and YS angle with her secrets, if any, told.   As to the suicide,  there should be no loose strings--shoes and open window included, because  just as it  led him to shut the world out,  may help to regain the confidence he earned with difficulty at the onset, and confront it head on.   Getting answers from Boss will also help RW move on, even if it makes her cry.    Let the chaebol be in love with secretary.   Have WI part with HG,  amicably if need be.  And of course our two leads together after an admission that he is Mr. Smith. 

It is possible that maybe  half  the people of  the globe have more introversion than extroversion in varying degrees from a little to as extreme as Boss at his worst.    But a majority of those can communicate,  adjust to all sorts of scenarios, and lead well.    They retreat to their comfort zone only when they need to strategize/analyze,  and when they  get home and rest.    Realistically, he can never do a 180 and be an extrovert,  but wish him to be much better adjusted and succeed marvelously with Silent Monster, giving him the push and self-assurance to be sole CEO for the PR company. 

Guest AlexMao

I've been something of a silent lurker. I've enjoyed the show for the most part but I have to ask what's the deal with Kang Woo Il? Am I supposed to feel sorry for him, should I encourage his pursuit of Chae Ro Woon, should I mutter obscenities? From the first few episodes it seemed apparent that he was fooling around while in a relationship with Yi Soo. It seems he is/was trying to do the same with Ro Woon. With the latest episode we're getting into a love-triangle with Hwan Ki, Ro Woon and well Woo Il. Is there really a point for them to go down that road? 

Woo Il doesn't appear to be happy with his relationship either with Yi Soo or with her family/his boss. Shouldn't this be addressed already, it's becoming a bit of nuisance. What I think is bad about all of this is that Yi Soo seems to already know and doesn't seem to be doing anything to either end it with Koo Il or to do the basic thing of talking to him. It makes me think does she actually love Woo Il or is it she's just too afraid to be without him? If memory serves she mentioned she'd known him for well over twenty-years so he's all she's ever known which could cause hesitation certainly but seems quite daft as well. 

While not really the focus of the series, but who doesn't enjoy some of the side antics ...

Where did the whole Kim Gyo Ri and Jang Se Jong come from? As I recall there was that scene where he asked her for some help with the "confession" surprise and then nothing. They go overseas and she's pining over him like a love sick teenager. Can someone connect the dots for me? I don't want to use Eom Sun Bong's idea that she's drawn to him over his families fortune that just seems cheap and well overplayed in K-dramaland. 

@AlexMao In relation to Kim Gyo Ri and Jang Se Jong previously she showed interest in him but there were not many scenes of theirs alone, but you can see that she likes him and finds him cool since when they met, and she knows he really likes Ro Woon , She does not feel worthy of someone liking her herself thinking that he was poor she, after discovering that he is from a wealthy family she gets worse yet, her thinking goes on that she had no chance when she thought he was Poor now being rich then, no chance at all. She cried for it, poor thing her self-esteem is very low, she does not believe that she is capable of anything, she thinks it's a bit unnecessary. This was my conclusion in these last episodes, but I believe that this drama will show us that even if we have our weaknesses we are still able to get what we want and what we are able to do. Each character believes that this will be worked out, as the boss himself even spoke of earlier this team has talents but ended up leaving aside becoming more comfortable. By the time the deepest backstory was of the main and the ajhumma of the bread, I hope to deepen the other character as well. Hopefully they will not reduce the episodes because I really enjoy this drama. I want more funny and romantic scenes with this main couple.

16465060_760422347438515_560032395022041images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRMm2lIiTnJom0uLIrwm2Zimages?q=tbn:ANd9GcRajWzmr6ZxB8YQuh-YIxS

It may just be me but it would seem the more I find out the more questions I have about each character and their past and who they really are behind those masks.  It's funny the title of the drama would make one believe that HK is the one who has a problem when in fact there are a lot of characters around him that have worse problems of their own...

I think the writing has changed directions a bit and I wonder just how much.^_^Kind of makes me sad in not knowing how the original story line was and could or would it have been better.  I realize changes are often made in dramas and often for the better but when I think about a writers story and even when we write here they are a part of us our thoughts and often when those thoughts are attacked it's hurtful I kind of feel sorry for writers who have to make changes to please others when in fact it's their creation and I would hope at the end it still resembles the writers original heart felt thoughts...

I'm not sure if we are suppose to crumble upon hearing WI's childhood story or his reuniting with his past and the woman he calls his Mother.  Or is it we are suppose to feel not only sorry for him but have a better understanding of who he is?  It was good to find out more about him but I am not willing to put on the rose colored glasses and believe he is good.  I even get that he may be the one with the most problems.  Pleasing everyone around him even going so far as to get engaged when there seems to be no passion or honest communication between WI and YS...

Which leads us to YS a loving and caring sister and seems to be to all those around her.  Beautiful and talented but seems to be in love with WI's Mask with little or no understanding of what he wants or even needs.  She like so many others sees that strong, confidant, charismatic handsome man who seems to do nothing wrong except when he is being slapped by her father!  (  Who is another character with problems:blink: WOW ) The only problem is what she sees isn't who he is when they are alone.  In fact I don't think it's that she doesn't know far from it, she does.... It's that she feels as if to protect her heart she ignores what's real and chooses to live in acceptance and denial of his behavior no matter what even if it's killing her inside she loves him that much...

My last thoughts are of our OTP which just keep getting better and better and I love that they growing closer and that PHS is proving to everyone why she is indeed the perfect RW for HK and has much more talent than she was given credit for in the beginning.  I'm cheering for them both and this drama and hope others will start watching as well because there really is a beautiful story if your willing just like the characters to close you eyes to what you think you see and open your heart to what is really there...:wub:

Guest AlexMao

@Marcellesm I too would prefer more moments between Hwan Ki & Yi Soo but they really need to settle the relationship mess first. From episode 7 it looks like Silent Monster was put in charge of the Rose Airlines project if anything to improve the image of their CEO. This would give the team the opportunity to shine so I suppose there will be opportunities for Gyo Ri & Se Jong to do something. I will say that Gyo Ri got the slightest boost in confidence with Hwan Ki's makeover but I'm having a hard time seeing how the writers could extend that feeling long enough to spark Se Jong's interest. Depending on how long the group stays in Malaysia they could do a few more group outings leading to a few "awkward" moments between the two. We're at the half-way point for the series, so there is still a lot that could happen. 

A few spoilers from today's episode:

Spoiler

In bed, a drunken Hwan-Ki touched RW's face and told her she was ugly... Lol!!!

Hwan-Ki finally told Woo-Il that RW is the sister of Ji-Hye and she has joined the company for the purpose of revenge.

RW caught coming out of HK's hotel room by Se-Jong, who became very upset with RW... 

Archived