[Mainland Chinese Drama 2017-2018] Nirvana in Fire: The Wind Blows in Changlin 琅琊榜之凤起长林

sugarplum892

@LyraYoo Thank you for the photos and videos!

In response to Zhang Huiwen's Weibo post of her self-choreographed dance, Huang Xiaoming wrote:

平旌舞剑,林奚跳舞,大哥就在旁边喝喝茶,笑眯眯的看着[污]

Pingjing performs a sword dance, Lin Xi dances, while Older Brother drinks tea at the sidelines, watching beamingly

and Sun Chun chimed in:

父王准备好了“红包”,等喝茶[哈哈][哈哈]

Royal Father has prepared a "red packet", waiting to drink tea

[basically waiting to be served tea by Pingjing and Lin Xi during the tea ceremony of their wedding]

Sigh... I miss them so much!

Guo Jingfei (who plays Puyang Ying) too commented:

敢找狗飞盏和你一起跳吗?

Do you dare to ask Dog Feizhan to dance with you?

to which Zhang Bo (who plays Feizhan) replied:

我敢,你敢吗ee94ad.png[加油][加油][加油]

I dare. How about you, snake spirit? 

Love their camaderie! :D 

• Replies 647
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Intelligence -- YQ

Spoiler

The problem with YQ or the problem that he has is firstly,  PJ knows him really well and secondly, he is very short on time. Or so he thinks anyway. Because of that he takes shortcuts instead of gradually building his powerbase politically through his own efforts. Frankly in the short time he's had, he hasn't done too badly in terms of achieving his goals. But his foundations are poor and he's up against a military talent like PJ who not only has the smarts but the leadership skills to rally an army practically at a drop of a hat. Sure, PJ might have a bit of head start in terms of the work put in by the Old Prince and PZ but his victory over Yu was all his and proved himself a worthy generalissimo from start to finish.

In contrast YQ's victory over Donghai was orchestrated in collaboration with Marquis Mozi so the whole thing was practically a sham to give him a boost in the royal court and make a name for himself. He has never proven his true worth in battle. As long as PJ was hibernating in Langya mountain, the 7 provinces were his for the taking.

As a whole YQ's has been relying on others to get to where he is right now. Even General Di Ming whom he manipulated into helping him carry out the coup.

YQ has brains... undoubtedly... but he's an upstart with no political or moral justification for trying to usurp the throne. The country is not at civil war, no natural disaster that we know of, the people are living reasonably well... so there's no mandate from heaven he can appeal to. It's just him and his ambition. There's no doubt he can talk the hind leg off a donkey while manipulating people and situations but that's not enough to hold on to power when there's an army at your doorstep.

The thing is, PJ as we know, is quite capable of trickery as well but he only chooses to use it to protect, not to harm. And also PJ tricked YQ into thinking that he was pretty blase about things in Jinling and living the life of a man at leisure when he had already formed certain suspicions about his antics in the seven provinces.

Intelligence is not the only thing that matters in such situations. But in the end YQ's ambition got the better of him. 

@rhaps I'll keep a look out if Xun Baishui and the Empress do join in :D 

For anyone wondering the reason Guo Jingfei refers to Feizhan as "Dog" Feizhan, this very funny video might explain why :lol:

http://www.miaopai.com/show/6~7dtHZqhLbDRFw~jluwsQcpz3FLpJkpbgZW~w__.htm

74jEjTUoAodrl-XioYRA9spVMdW3xTNX1Ae-QVL7GAWcye-eJsjxEndLL189b5fZlRTD4FylKB00rmw_3kut-zhzbiNAZINUOoaqUpETkGRSTNr3V86gHdVnimbeBJRSwIvmzxkjma1ZwxVw5gbLz2NTzdWTAQaYuwyt--D4OQ_XURy9tx8VktKGcG-lv0EtQXe48ufr2UgdFubUDutmgEw7fbiRFvGTNvn9UZSo6aj1-ZOoDo65HpQbXS9rDMrx6maK9KLdeBC8-SDTvB-T1MIcpgpHZ7Oeza1HrDhgkv9k64bxspqySTxshEIduAgZtn2n09pGJcqHJcXh5x-Ev-LppNEE4FsWc4qeAnqNcOJyHb5HeT38fu_7A7nRuncoxh2_eOoCEi6MZkxsZ_HnUR9-JqeyDyyrPIiwIOB8OdQMAWTevhcbJGScIv-ur0Mi_7LRPArYKH4dlLnG7z_BKEp_sdOUVsSsH9S92lu8ns081KM7tVer1OOcNIlHX_gDv1pfBbHYsP1CcCE0QQspTmcjxWj73Puk5At5M_D2zklkVDhAxnuFIETzogKfssQUqauWNyQgh2UBspJm8n8tdn9oLUeJZyHN8fTGBsxisGhRX4nu8_zIPNKE43uqRxIOqeKy2uGj7znVjWm-USOCDONarYBqScLX6AqtUH38Ownt15_tm7iFutAMf-kUAP9lMOOwVC67T2YZ8FoDNt4LCI1k=w545-h938-no

cr. BTV 北京卫视剧集地 Weibo

The last 4 pictures are really funny, starting with Zhang Bo's Weibo post, which says:

当年只能远远观望,现在可以“抢婚”了么?[笑而不语]

In the past, I could only look from afar. Now, can I carry her off and marry her?

to the very cleverly edited reactions of an infuriated Pingzhang and Feizhan running away in a cold sweat :D 

1 hour ago, JoycceeDreamer said:

What rank of Prince do you think PJ is? We now know that Yuanqi is 2nd ranked, Prince. 

Here, they use the number of pearl to indicate the Prince rank; the greater the number the higher the rank. Instead of saying Yuanqi is 2nd rank prince, he is a Prince of two pearl. In NIF1, I think the highest number of pearl is 7 (please correct me if I am wrong). Looking from the prestige and authority of Chang Lin family, I believe it is a 7 pearl Prince.

3 hours ago, 40somethingahjumma said:

@littlemay Re: Happy Ending

Reveal hidden contents

To me a really happy ending would the full recognition of PJ as the rightful successor of Changlin because he possess all the qualities that the person who commands Changlin has... loyalty, self-sacrifice, someone who chooses to do the right thing even when his own desires pull him in other directions.

That means... Public acknowledgement of PJ and Changlin's contribution to the security and stability of the country and a resounding repudiation of Bai Xunshui and the empress' position in the royal court. Also, for Lin Xi to be able to see that PJ is someone who has a higher calling, to support him in this and willingly stay be his side. There are no guarantees in life. Even if she married a peasant farmer who lived a quiet and peaceful existence, who's to say that he won't keel over and die of a heart attack of some disease down the track. Or if the country goes to war. No one knows how long any of us will live so saying that marrying a soldier or into a military family necessarily dooms one to tragedy is premature. There are quite a number of oldies in the Changlin army, Uncle Yuan being one of them. Mum was grief-stricken undoubtedly so she wasn't thinking rationally but no earthly soul knows what the future lies.

I want PJ to utilize his talents to the fullest. Frankly if it means he can't be with LX, I'm happy to accept that ending.

But I think as some people have intimated, they could be setting up Yue Yin Chuan as PJ's successor which frees PJ to roam jianghu and taste herbs with LX. That may be seen to be a happy ending to some but I can't say I won't be a little disappointed.

your happy ending is my happy ending,everything you said is me. 

@rhapsYes, the title Prince is only conferred to Royal Family.

@40somethingahjummaIf your happy ending is the one happening, I will be very happy ....

Spoiler

But episode 50 preview fill me with dread. PJ is still called Wang Ye, so I take that he would still retain his title. But the military thing? I don't know. I don't fell safe with his goodbye or something to Dong Qing??

1 hour ago, xienrue said:

@rhapsYes, the title Prince is only conferred to Royal Family.

@40somethingahjummaIf your happy ending is the one happening, I will be very happy ....

Reveal hidden contents

But episode 50 preview fill me with dread. PJ is still called Wang Ye, so I take that he would still retain his title. But the military thing? I don't know. I don't fell safe with his goodbye or something to Dong Qing??

Spoiler

can you remind me whose dong chin, im hoping for him to stay in capital and become a military leader. 

I wouldnt mind if he traveled for a year or something then returns .

Why should PJ give up everything for LX that is my biggest annoyance if he leaves the capital and travels and wont return to capital. 

9 hours ago, rhaps said:

@40somethingahjumma, thanks. Fillers near the end of story? Sigh, that's too bad. 

That's just my opinion of course. Others might feel differently. I just felt that some of the conversations didn't seem necessary at that point in time. Maybe I was just impatient and wanted PJ to "get on with it" and beat the living daylights out of YQ. :tongue:

That said, I'm sure the show is trying to flesh out YQ and General Di Ming's motives a bit more, humanize them so that they're not cardboard James Bond villains. It is one of the strengths of the show that the people who make terrible choices are able to somehow justify it in their own minds no matter how wrongheaded the rest of us think they are.

I suspect that as we see more of Pingjing playing the part of Changlin wang effectively, the less we want him to run off into the woods with LX picking herbs. :tongue: 

@Wotad 

Dong Qing was mainly Pingzhang's right hand man. They were often in battle together.

37 minutes ago, 40somethingahjumma said:

That's just my opinion of course. Others might feel differently. I just felt that some of the conversations didn't seem necessary at that point in time. Maybe I was just impatient and wanted PJ to "get on with it" and beat the living daylights out of YQ. :tongue:

That said, I'm sure the show is trying to flesh out YQ and General Di Ming's motives a bit more, humanize them so that they're not cardboard James Bond villains. It is one of the strengths of the show that the people who make terrible choices are able to somehow justify it in their own minds no matter how wrongheaded the rest of us think they are.

I suspect that as we see more of Pingjing playing the part of Changlin wang effectively, the less we want him to run off into the woods with LX picking herbs. :tongue: 

@Wotad 

Dong Qing was mainly Pingzhang's right hand man. They were often in battle together.

oh yeah i remember now thx. 

33 minutes ago, 40somethingahjumma said:

@Wotad 

I am guilty as charge:D. Love General Huai Hua so much! The very ability and talent that he has shown throughout his military career should be the very thing that made PZ back then felt that PJ was more deserving to be the heir than him. I am enjoying myself everytime it was a scene about PJ in his military glory.

Anyway, I don't like it when a man just catering to his lover without any ambition/passion of his own. Well, if PJ choose to go with LX but will act like batman everytime he is needed by his country, perhaps I can live with that.

Anyway, I finished watching episode 41 with sub (I am currently hold myself to watch episode 42. Don't have the mood to watch the drama of Anru and her maid). My thought of episode 41 (more like ranting):

How dare XBS said that what they did just for curb Chang Lin power to make sure that no power is greater than the emperor and they were not targeting PJ?? Is he delusional? If Yuanshi not so lenient to PJ back then, I suspect he would want PJ to be exiled, killed or something. You were poking a dragon. And when the dragon chose to leave you alone, you arrogantly said that you were win against it

And then he said that Chang Lin did not have intention to revolt. If you knew already, then what were you doing all this time? You kicked such a loyal great military family and what? Hope that others as loyal as that will come to fill the hole? Does he think loyalty is so cheap and easy to get? But perhaps he is indeed thinking that loyalty is cheap.

About the empress, her stupidity is so inspiring. I have nothing left to say.

Regarding Yuanshi, I don't hate him or anything but I think he doesn't suit to be an emperor. He is kind and good kid but he lacks of mind that needed to become a good leader. Two years has passed, and he should be around 15 years old by the time of episode 39. People in ancient time usually mature faster because of difficult life (war is one of the reason). We saw PJ take charge of such big army in tender age of perhaps 22/23? I believe in NIF 1, Lin Shu also already serving in the military by the time he was 17. Yuanshi knew very well that he had made a mistake with his edict back then. And the one who urged him to make that edict was his mother and XBS. By then, he should have realized that relying too much on those two people might not be a good idea (in term of governing). But here we still seeing how Yuanshi pretty much relay on XBS on nearly everything. Her mother had tried to poison his mind with thought of Chang Lin family undermining his authority, something that was proved false later on (proved in heavy price). And he still can amiably talking about PJ with her? Just what he expect from her?

I don't know whether Yuanshi is that naive to see that his mother is stupid about governing or he deliberately choose to not know out of filial piety.

Spoiler

In episode 47, when the revolt happens, all the empress dowager can do is crying. ...... She can do nothing. The power that she has, only come from the position. She herself as a person, doesn't have it. Sadly, that is the very exact thing happens to her son. Yuanshi power only comes from the fact that he is the current emperor. People more or less have been taught to obey the emperor and the emperor is the son of heaven, etc. But if you strip him of his position, he would be no one. Chang Lin family is such a contrast to this. The fact that PJ can still rallying Chang Lin army without any military authority (only depend on the respect of people to him as a person) tells a lot. PJ and Chang Lin family has power not just because their position but because of their very own self. They are the one that empowering the position not the otherwise.

41 and 42 PJ/LX: There is so much hope and love here. It seems to me they understand each other very well. They are very open with each other. She comes back from her travels to the mountains and tells PJ about the results of her experiments, discoveries, prescriptions and medical recommendations she compiled. She describes the places, islands and the medicinal plants she found and her whole being lights up. PJ gives his whole attention and tells her that one day they can go together. PJ is also adding + points for himself when they went to present the book of medicinal compilation to the Langya Master. When the Langya Master suggested that she put her name as the author she said that she dare not because of the prejudice against women and with her name as author, the book might just be ignored. PJ then says that one way of countering the prejudice is to boldly place her name as the author of the book which the Master agreed. (To: LX girl…. From all the men in the ancient world, this is one progressive thinker. Better hold on to him.) LX glance and smile indicates that she is very pleased. During YQ’s visit, PJ let her stay with them even as they started talking about the Donghai war. Letting her know, it is ok to listen, no secrets. And, he used her presence to dissuade YQ from delving into discussion of the Donghai war. After YQ left, PJ scouring documents scattered on the table and on the floor and having a discussion with LX on his take of the visit of YQ including PJ’s opinion of YQ. So, for now, there does not seem to be a conflict. LX has done her traveling, authored a compilation of medicinal treatments and her boyfriend is one of the most desirable, eligible men of that ancient world, supportive and loving. She is lovely, dedicated healer, kind heart. They are made for each other. I used to think that there was a conflict of timing and work differences being that LX wanted to explore the world to broaden her studies and practice of medicine (it happens the doctors in the west going to the east and vice versa.) But she had already done that. She was gone for 2 years and is now back. It is time to put into practice what she had learned. Surely the people of Great Liang will need her expertise. The Langya Master will endorse he book and she will be ranked if they have ranking for doctors in Langya. (LOL) She and PJ can have vacation breaks to roam. I remember in NIF1 that MSC and the young Master Ling had an argument because Master Lin did not want MSC to go to war where he will surely die. Master Lin then enlisted in the army to follow MSC. This is not the same situation, but I think that LX will en up following PJ to war???

In 41: I think Arnu knew that Pi’er can swim. When the Xun manor heard about Pi’er drowning they were all surprised because when she was first brought into the manor she had great “water skills”, guess that means she can swim. That is why Arnu suggested Pi’er jump into the water instead. I am guessing Pi’er will be a key witness against YQ?

20 hours ago, 40somethingahjumma said:

@littlemay Re: Happy Ending

Reveal hidden contents

To me a really happy ending would the full recognition of PJ as the rightful successor of Changlin because he possess all the qualities that the person who commands Changlin has... loyalty, self-sacrifice, someone who chooses to do the right thing even when his own desires pull him in other directions.

That means... Public acknowledgement of PJ and Changlin's contribution to the security and stability of the country and a resounding repudiation of Bai Xunshui and the empress' position in the royal court. Also, for Lin Xi to be able to see that PJ is someone who has a higher calling, to support him in this and willingly stay be his side. There are no guarantees in life. Even if she married a peasant farmer who lived a quiet and peaceful existence, who's to say that he won't keel over and die of a heart attack of some disease down the track. Or if the country goes to war. No one knows how long any of us will live so saying that marrying a soldier or into a military family necessarily dooms one to tragedy is premature. There are quite a number of oldies in the Changlin army, Uncle Yuan being one of them. Mum was grief-stricken undoubtedly so she wasn't thinking rationally but no earthly soul knows what the future lies.

I want PJ to utilize his talents to the fullest. Frankly if it means he can't be with LX, I'm happy to accept that ending.

But I think as some people have intimated, they could be setting up Yue Yin Chuan as PJ's successor which frees PJ to roam jianghu and taste herbs with LX. That may be seen to be a happy ending to some but I can't say I won't be a little disappointed.

Can you be the writer please?

You hit the nail on the head.

---

Got to say, so far I'm not too happy with how the show is wrapping up (watched up to 48, and the previews for 49/50 are quite telling). I think many characters should have had greater retribution, particularly the Xun family and the court. I think its too anticlimatic and not enough is being shown to emphasize the admiration for and loyalty to Changlin. Also I would like to be seeing more of PJ's intelligence/wisdom. IMO the show wasted a lot of time on YQ that the ending feels rushed and it just doesn't feel like a triumphant homecoming for PJ and the Changlin Army. This is probably because I was so impressed by the first ~35 eps that I had expectations and desired outcomes for both the protagonists and antagonists.

4 hours ago, rhaps said:

I've watched until epi 42, and now I understand why people felt impatient because of the lack of PJ . Man, I admire you all who has the patience to wait until epi 47 :tongue: . That's 5 episodes from here!

Epi 40-42 rants :

Hide contents

PJ         : I really love him. He is indeed a son of a great general with great talents. He is able to deduct everything just by reading related documents, then entrust the important news to XBS. It's also good that he could read Yuanqi's attention and wouldn't give any plan to re-conquering the 3 prefectures. PJ has become mature and wiser. I'm so proud.

LX         : I used to love her very much, but please .. can't she understand how important the situation here ? She can't expect PJ to just let go of everything and forget the outside world in a time like this. Let the man help. FYI, the country is in danger.

General Yue : he's likeable, he's smart , he has a lot similar traits as PJ and he also has decent amount of screen time. If the writer wanted PJ to retire and to roam the world, then this General should be the one to replace him in the palace.

Pei'er    : "hurry up and wake up, don't faint too long! We know that General Yue will get the bad news from you!" .

Yuanqi : how dare he treat his wife like a possession and told her to just listen and not to think at all. I can't tolerate a man like this. He is now as hateable as the Empress.

Anru     : poor, Anru . Poor poor, Anru. A weak woman like this won't get a chance to fight. She is a kind of woman that gets on my nerves because I know that she won't be able to do much, but also makes me feel pitiful and wish that someone will come to save her. I expect to see her suffering for the next several episodes and, and I blame that to his uncle who failed to judge a person. The least she can do is to find the sword, or at least tell someone about it, ( so that PJ or General Yue can have it ? )

XBS      : "congratulations, for marrying your pretty kind niece off to a snake ". It's interesting to see that PJ is going to tell him about Donghai. I'm predicting that XBS will analyze the situation based on PJ's letter at the same time as Yuanqi trying to get rid of him.

Spoiler

LX         : I used to love her very much, but please .. can't she understand how important the situation here ? She can't expect PJ to just let go of everything and forget the outside world in a time like this. Let the man help. FYI, the country is in danger.

this made me dislike her . 

43 minutes ago, SyntaxError said:

Can you be the writer please?

You hit the nail on the head.

---

Got to say, so far I'm not too happy with how the show is wrapping up (watched up to 48, and the previews for 49/50 are quite telling). I think many characters should have had greater retribution, particularly the Xun family and the court. I think its too anticlimatic and not enough is being shown to emphasize the admiration for and loyalty to Changlin. Also I would like to be seeing more of PJ's intelligence/wisdom. IMO the show wasted a lot of time on YQ that the ending feels rushed and it just doesn't feel like a triumphant homecoming for PJ and the Changlin Army. This is probably because I was so impressed by the first ~35 eps that I had expectations and desired outcomes for both the protagonists and antagonists.

This was sort of hell NIF ended it felt a bit rushed but was still decent its will still be a decent ending though. 

NiF2 is not a romance. PJ does not need to end up with LX. I haven't seen the particular scene yet, but I'm sure LX isn't trying to give PJ an ultimatum. 

IF PJ lives on, it is only right to have him stay in the army. There's a lot of things to do. For instance, YQ manage to get the Yulin army into his side because Yulin is newly established and lack the years of esprit de corps of the Changlin army. Loyalty was probably not so ingrained in the Yulin army. Additionally, YQ has the Imperial guards too. The Changlin army are a band of brothers who fight wars at the borders, far away from the capital or their families. The only authority that matters is their military leader. PJ will need to stabilize Da Liang's army before he can proceed with the herb picking expedition.

With the death of XBS and the revolt, Da Liang will also need to screen out and reorganise her ministers. We were not given the political luxury of NIF, where Jingyan had the help of several brilliant government officers + MCS. PJ, no matter how brilliant, is not a politician and lacks the coldness of MCS to carry out the "dirty" part of the job. Out of love for the country and the people, I think he will not be able to enjoy idle life as his father would have wanted.

I respect LX's stand that she isn't going to wait for PJ if he stays in the army. LX wasn't raised like Anruo - to treat your husband like the sky. She has her own dreams and we shouldn't treat her like She Saihua or Mu Guiying (historical women who were married to generals and thus weree adept at war).

I hope they can continue the NIF franchise. Maybe we can get an older version of Liu Ge to head Langya hall hehe...

I'm a little disappointed by the 

Spoiler

Empress dowager's demise

Having said that, I'm really impressed by the actress who played the empress. She's quite a tragic character, given that she didn't receive a lot of love from her husband and was suspected (implied) at causing the death of the past emperor's favorite concubine. That's no excuse for her selfishness, suspicion and stupidity, of course, but I do feel her earnestness at protecting her son.

2 hours ago, dzareth said:

NiF2 is not a romance. PJ does not need to end up with LX. I haven't seen the particular scene yet, but I'm sure LX isn't trying to give PJ an ultimatum. 

IF PJ lives on, it is only right to have him stay in the army. There's a lot of things to do. For instance, YQ manage to get the Yulin army into his side because Yulin is newly established and lack the years of esprit de corps of the Changlin army. Loyalty was probably not so ingrained in the Yulin army. Additionally, YQ has the Imperial guards too. The Changlin army are a band of brothers who fight wars at the borders, far away from the capital or their families. The only authority that matters is their military leader. PJ will need to stabilize Da Liang's army before he can proceed with the herb picking expedition.

With the death of XBS and the revolt, Da Liang will also need to screen out and reorganise her ministers. We were not given the political luxury of NIF, where Jingyan had the help of several brilliant government officers + MCS. PJ, no matter how brilliant, is not a politician and lacks the coldness of MCS to carry out the "dirty" part of the job. Out of love for the country and the people, I think he will not be able to enjoy idle life as his father would have wanted.

I respect LX's stand that she isn't going to wait for PJ if he stays in the army. LX wasn't raised like Anruo - to treat your husband like the sky. She has her own dreams and we shouldn't treat her like She Saihua or Mu Guiying (historical women who were married to generals and thus weree adept at war).

I hope they can continue the NIF franchise. Maybe we can get an older version of Liu Ge to head Langya hall hehe...

if she loves PJ then she would wait though it is basically a ultimatum .

Shes basically saying if hes a military man she wont be with him which is incredibly selfish. 

God forbid NIF2 to overly focus at PJ/LX love resolution... I wouldn't want that to overshadow the restoration of the Changlin family.

To be honest, I can't really see LX as the madam in Changlin Manor. I'm trying to imagine LX being like Concubine Jing (who continued making her own medicine and performing treatments despite being married to the emperor and confined in t he inner palace), but I can't. And although I can imagine PJ traveling together with her, I can't imagine him just leaving the army like that. There are still 3 provinces that needs to be wrestled back from Donghai and who knows what other threats there are to be subdued after the internal strife.

I'm also a bit confused about the hereditary title of Changlin Wang. Now that xpz left a son, shouldn't Ce er be heir apparent instead of PJ?

18 minutes ago, dzareth said:

God forbid NIF2 to overly focus at PJ/LX love resolution... I wouldn't want that to overshadow the restoration of the Changlin family.

To be honest, I can't really see LX as the madam in Changlin Manor. I'm trying to imagine LX being like Concubine Jing (who continued making her own medicine and performing treatments despite being married to the emperor and confined in t he inner palace), but I can't. And although I can imagine PJ traveling together with her, I can't imagine him just leaving the army like that. There are still 3 provinces that needs to be wrestled back from Donghai and who knows what other threats there are to be subdued after the internal strife.

I'm also a bit confused about the hereditary title of Changlin Wang. Now that xpz left a son, shouldn't Ce er be heir apparent instead of PJ?

I am surprised myself that I actually will rather PJ separated from LX than for PJ leaves everything behind. This is not a wuxia drama where the main protagonist in the end of story usually choose to go roaming the world or go into seclusion with his beloved. This a politic - military drama where loyalty to country is the highlighted.

Well, LX can be a Wang Fei and still wandering around with PJ from time to time. She is a wise woman, and certainly possess a dignity befitted a Wang Fei. Please, PJ himself (after he is done with self guilt) would never be able to sit tight in the capital all days. I also believe Yuanshi (after everything that happens) will let him do whatever he please as long as he will go back to the capital from time to time to help around.

Actually, I think LX words back then can be classified as ultimatum however mild she said those. Basically she asked PJ to choose: her or family duty. She didn't even give a win-win solution, granted perhaps she was rather shaken at that time. They literally considered of marriage when PJ suddenly called for moral duty.

Spoiler

About the three provinces, I suspect that PJ will leave them to General Yue. In preview of episode 50, I see PJ gives some document to General Yue. That episode preview actually makes me uncomfortable. I am afraid that we will see PJ leave everything behind and go picking herbs. Even though he is still called Wang Ye there.

About the hereditary title of Chang Lin Prince, well PZ is not yet a Chang Lin Prince when he died. He is chosen to be Heir. But as long as he is not the Chang Lin Prince when he is died, he cannot pass down that title to his son. Therefore, the title goes from Tingshen to his remaining son alive, PJ. Ce er can become the Chang Lin Prince only if PJ doesn't have a son, I think. Personally, I don't want Ce er to inherit the title when he is in an age when he understand nothing. The title of Chang Lin Prince is a heavy responsibility, both moral and military power.

5 hours ago, rhaps said:

Reveal hidden contents

I think Anru knew too , that's why she made her jumped into the water. Even the aunty knew that Pei'er could swim. 

And for epi 45-48, I wonder whether :

Reveal hidden contents

PJ would go down the mountain using 'fulfilling the Emperor's request' as a reason, because his mourning periode is over. Is this going to trigger YQ's rebelation? Coz YQ should realize that PJ has already deducted his treacherous act. 

Now I'm confuse whether I should watch epi 45-48 in raw or wait for the subtitles. It should be interesting to watch the good guys developing a strategy to take back the 3 prefectures

better to wait

Archived