[Drama 2016/2017] Weightlifting Fairy Kim Bok Joo, 역도 요정 김복주

Maetawinz

Ahh~~Just watched two eps of this drama back to back and I can’t help laugh at the hilarity and squeal at the cuteness of this drama.!! Initially came to watch this drama only for Lee Jong Suk’s cameo in, but made the mistake of watching ep 1 instead of ep 2 where the cameo is. And can I say I’m glad I did! This drama gave me She was pretty vibes (except this one has a more likeable main male lead). I’m actually also watching Dr. Romantic which has some heavy scenes in it so this drama is very refreshing.

I love the slice of life style of this drama and how they incorporated the moments of the weightlifting team be it when they’re training or when they’re pigging out during dinner. Lol. And the characters are so cute! Bok joo seems inexperienced in love and the way she played with the umbrella, given by the handsome doctor and re-enacting the moment when they were sharing the umbrella was adorable. I love LSK’s portrayal and her hazel eyes are so pretty~~ (is that her natural eye colour?). Bok Joo’s friends are also cute and I love how they did the swag thing. The main male lead Joon hyung is also likeable. The scene where Bok Joo mistakenly caught him as the “pervert” was hilarious! And I love how he kept teasing her after founding out that she was his saviour when they were children. It also seems that he’s slowly falling for her seeing as how he kept silently looking out for her.

Anyways, hope this drama does well and I’m definitely looking forward to subsequent episodes! Nice to meet yáll! :D 

Oh forgot to add that Bok Joo's dad totally reminds me of my own dad! He too likes picking up furniture from the trash/street/goodness know where. It can be kind of frustrating to see random furniture pop out of nowhere in the house whenever I came back home from school back in the day. So I can understand BJ's feelings on that part XD

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sung Kyung aced the last scene of ep 2. When she asked the doctor if he liked Messi. Such a great mix of innocence, bravado, craziness and fear at the same time all wrapped in one dialogue. 

I think JH has already fallen in love with her. The moment he found out who she was. It got deeper when she saw her with her dad later. And in keeping with drama traditions he has yet to realize it. Now that we have a triangle forming we don't want to see noble idiocy and all that jazz. But judging his past work, this writer handles one sided loves very well. 

I loved KBJ's dad and his obsession with collecting discarded items. Oh the faces he makes when he is being scolded!! I loved the coach and his assistant and the sweet plump weightlifter who arrives late for the bus ride!!

KBJ keeps shining in situations when it is easy to be depressed and lose. I can see why they named the drama the weightlifting fairy. I loved this scene from the ep 2. Its raining but she is in such a great mood and her bag says it all.

bag.jpg

Tuning to this drama for the overload cuteness~ Chubs!! Heehee, what a cute nickname. 

I like the first 2 eps. I didn't feel any boredom and didn't skip any scene. I like Bok Joo already!!!! Also I really like the "WHAT" kind of sound track whenever something shockingly funny in the scene, its is like the sheep sound in reply series. I'm lovin it~

And his "Do you like Messi?"at the end of ep 2. Hahahahah so funny. Love Lee Sung Kyung at that scene! Her expression is so funny. I might as well use that phrase when I spotted someone I like. KAKAKAKA!

I can't wait for BJ and JH love to bloom. I hope JH fall in love with her first and I'm happy that it seems to be going to that route. 

I'll be tuning to this drama for my Wed-Thursday slot. Nice to meet you all!!!

1 hour ago, staygold said:

Sung Kyung aced the last scene of ep 2. When she asked the doctor if he liked Messi. Such a great mix of innocence, bravado, craziness and fear at the same time all wrapped in one dialogue. 

I think JH has already fallen in love with her. The moment he found out who she was. It got deeper when she saw her with her dad later. And in keeping with drama traditions he has yet to realize it. Now that we have a triangle forming we don't want to see noble idiocy and all that jazz. But judging his past work, this writer handles one sided loves very well. 

I loved KBJ's dad and his obsession with collecting discarded items. Oh the faces he makes when he is being scolded!! I loved the coach and his assistant and the sweet plump weightlifter who arrives late for the bus ride!!

KBJ keeps shining in situations when it is easy to be depressed and lose. I can see why they named the drama the weightlifting fairy. I loved this scene from the ep 2. Its raining but she is in such a great mood and her bag says it all.

Oh~Weightlifting Fairy! I now also see why they named the drama WF. In the sport aspect side of the drama, the main character is a weightlifter but on the real aspect of the story is that Bok Joo despite of all the depressing problems she has the personality to put everything in a great mood. She is good in handling problems. All the stress and problems she and her friends will encounter, she'll be able to lift it up, solve it and make things better thus Bok Joo is a fairy for solving the problems.

I'm feeling all this coming-of-age drama and I hope that it lived by its logo. I hope to get lifted and stress free by watching this drama!

LSK official BTS

[비하인드] 깜찍한 우리 복주_1

Spoiler
[비하인드] 깜찍한 우리 복주_2

[비하인드] 깜찍한 우리 복주_3

[비하인드] 깜찍한 우리 복주_4

[비하인드] 박치기_2

Spoiler

[비하인드] 박치기_3

[비하인드] 박치기_4

배달의 복주_1

Spoiler

배달의 복주_2

배달의 복주_3

[비하인드] 표정 부자 김복주_1

대본을 보며 느끼는 스웨~ㄱ~♬
(힝 귀여워 귀여워T-T)

Spoiler
[비하인드] 표정 부자 김복주_2

대본을 보며 느끼는 스웨~ㄱ~♬
(힝 귀여워 귀여워T-T)

[비하인드] 표정 부자 김복주_3

다 외워주겠어 (찡긋~)

[비하인드] 표정 부자 김복주_4

역도와 함께여서 행복한 복주♡

[비하인드] 표정 부자 김복주_5

그리고.... '복주 화나쪄 쀼--'

꿈과 목표를 향해 달려가는 체대생들의 치열한 인생 성장기, 서툰 첫사랑에 관한 에세이.
우리 모두 그 지점을 지나왔다. 청춘을 응원한다!

<역도요정 김복주> 매주 수,목 밤10시 방송

나는.. 스무살의 꽃띠 역사(力士), 김복주다_2

Spoiler
(파.워.당.당)

나는.. 스무살의 꽃띠 역사(力士), 김복주다_3

'처음 맡았던 바벨의 비릿한 쇠 냄새가
나는 요상하게 좋았다.'

나는.. 스무살의 꽃띠 역사(力士), 김복주다_4

'그 때 생각했다. 나도 역도를 해야지'

나는.. 스무살의 꽃띠 역사(力士), 김복주다_5

그리고.... <역도요정 김복주>의 탄생!

NJH official BTS .

[비하인드] 뭘 입어도 핏 사는 준형 (a.k.a 손.이.준)_2

Spoiler
[비하인드] 뭘 입어도 핏 사는 준형 (a.k.a 손.이.준)_1

어디서나 볼 수 있는 무난한 스타일이지만,

그 주인공이 준형(남주혁)이라면...?
이야기는 달라진다!

[비하인드] 뭘 입어도 핏 사는 준형 (a.k.a 손.이.준)_3

준형이라서 특별한 루즈핏의 스타일~
(엉엉엉...엉엉T_T)

[비하인드] 뭘 입어도 핏 사는 준형 (a.k.a 손.이.준)_4

어머 이건 봐야해......!!!!!!!!

[비하인드] 자전거 타는 준형_1

Spoiler

남다른 운동 신경을 자랑하는 준형(남주혁).
그런 준형을 포착하기 위한 스태프들의 노력!

[비하인드] 자전거 타는 준형_2

방금 운동하고 온 남자 맞아요...? ✪‿✪

[비하인드] 자전거 타는 준형_3

감독님과의 투샷♡

(누가 준형이한테 '케미 상' 줘야할 것 같은데...)

[비하인드] 자전거 타는 준형_4

촬영장을 빛내는 준형의 미모에 감탄, 또 감탄...
준형...준형...준형... (끙끙)

[비하인드] 자전거 타는 준형_5

지금 저 본거 맞지요...?
(공홈지기, 이 곳에 잠들다...)

[비하인드] 클럽에 간 준형과 태권_1

Spoiler

오늘은 준형(남주혁)의 날~♬

[비하인드] 클럽에 간 준형과 태권_2

하루쯤은 운동 쉬어도 되잖아 그치~?

[비하인드] 클럽에 간 준형과 태권_3

화려한 조명 속에서도 눈에 띄는 준형...
(한얼체대 트윙클☆)

[비하인드] 클럽에 간 준형과 태권_4

어...준형아 나 먼저 잘게....
(옹졸한 공홈지기)

좋은말로 할때 내놔라, 어이 쏘세지~!!_1

Spoiler

"으앗! 깜짝아!"
(계...속 놀래키고 싶다...흐흥)

좋은말로 할때 내놔라, 어이 쏘세지~!!_2

(나...지금...떨고 있니)

좋은말로 할때 내놔라, 어이 쏘세지~!!_3

복주(이성경)를 향한 준형(남주혁)의 도발(?)

복주 가게를 찾아가는 준형_1

Spoiler

복치킨..너무 멀어..끙끙..

복주 가게를 찾아가는 준형_2

"장난치지 말고 그냥 줄걸 에이잇~"

복주 가게를 찾아가는 준형_3

복치킨 부녀를 목격한 준형(남주혁)..!!

복주 가게를 찾아가는 준형_4

"효녀네 효녀..." (하트 뿅)

Cr. MBC

I loved episode 2 sooooo much. <3 I might even have teared up a little at how the weightlifting team support each other. Such an endearing team and it's so fun to watch Bok Joo with her group of friends. I LOL everytime they say swag and the "what" sound that just comes unexpectedly. 

We're slowly opening into the story...We get to see Joon Hyung building a genuine care for Bok Joo. My heart did flutter at the scene where he went to Bok Joo's family chicken shop. We also got a glimpse of how bad Joon Hyung's trauma is and i'm curious as to how he got it and who will heal him from his trauma. I'm also curious as to how Joon Hyung's ex-girlfriend will shake up things that are budding between Joon Hyung and Bok Joo.

PS: Lee Jongsuk was so handsome in his cameo. What was funny is that his character's name is still Jongsuk and he played a member of the national shooting team. Bok Joo's uncle (which had a role in W as Han Hyo Joo's friend at the hospital) even said "you look like you came out from a manhwa" HAHAHA!

This BTS set made me :wub:

눈을 둘 곳이 없는 이 곳 (빼꼼)_1

수영부 훈련이 있다서 해서 찾아왔는데요..(큼큼)

눈을 둘 곳이 없는 이 곳 (빼꼼)_2

'아 오셨어요~?'
(코피 쥬륵...)

눈을 둘 곳이 없는 이 곳 (빼꼼)_3

(크흐으으... 크흐으으......
최고다 최고...)
Spoiler

눈을 둘 곳이 없는 이 곳 (빼꼼)_4

공홈지기의 두 눈알이 굴러가는 순간...
(띠용~~~@.@)

눈을 둘 곳이 없는 이 곳 (빼꼼)_5

(함성소리) (박수소리)

눈을 둘 곳이 없는 이 곳 (빼꼼)_6

........................................................................................................................................................................................

준형의 나이스 바디?_1
준형의 나이스 바디?_2

(긴 말은 하지 않겠습니다)

준형의 나이스 바디?_3

'(끙끙).... 준형... 준형....'

준형의 나이스 바디?_4

몸이 너무 화나있는거 아니에요? ◕ˇωˇ◕

준형의 나이스 바디?_5

................................................................................................................................................................................................

[비하인드] 재이와 준형의 수영_1
[비하인드] 재이와 준형의 수영_2

아..아...
수영장, 그곳은 아름다운 곳 이었습니다...

[비하인드] 재이와 준형의 수영_3
[비하인드] 재이와 준형의 수영_4

..................................................................................................................................................................................................................

[비하인드] 쉬는 시간에도 청조한 준형_1

분명 얼굴은 강아지인데.... *'ㅅ'*

[비하인드] 쉬는 시간에도 청조한 준형_2

.................................................................................................................................................................................................................

이명으로 힘든 준형_1

태권(지일주)이 머리 빠질까 걱정하는 사이에...

이명으로 힘든 준형_2

수영 천재 준형(남주혁)은
이명으로 고통받는 중... (으아아8ㅅ8)

이명으로 힘든 준형_3

그리고 나타난 라이벌(?)의 도발까지!!

이명으로 힘든 준형_4

"예....????"
태권은 몰랐던 준형의 이야기!

이명으로 힘든 준형_5

Cs. MBC

Lee Jong Suk to make special appearance at drama 'Weightlifting Fairy Kim Bok Joo'

a7f5002cac2b9d930d28793a56da8a09_1479459 

Actor Lee Jong Suk made his special appearance at MBC's Wed-Thurs drama 'Weightlifting Fairy Kim Bok Joo.' He played the role of a college student, who is a member of National Shooting Team. Jong Suk visited a fried chicken restaurant, which is run by female lead Kim Bok Joo's fathe. He kept asking for refills of free snacks at the restaurant.

Actress Lee Sung Kyung is starring this drama as the role of weightlifting champion 'Kim Bok Joo.' Actor Nam Joo Hyuk is playing the male lead, a swimmer Jung Joon Hyung. 'Weightlifting Fairy Kim Bok Joo' is broadcast every Wednesday and Thursday on MBC.

Korea.com's Emily You contributed to this report from Seoul. [E-mail: maintyoung@korea.com]

http://www1.korea.com/bbs/board.php?bo_table=DRAMA&wr_id=1187

Hi everyone!! :) I checked on this drama because of Nam Joo Hyuk who I loved as 13th prince Baek Ah and I'm loving him here as well!! he's soooooo cute and adorable!! :D:wub: 

cr:  @daily_kdramas

Joon Hyuk: "no, I won't come"..."I don't want to" that was sooooooooo cute!! :wub: 

hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh sorry but she warned you!! :lol: 

I'm really loving and enjoying the drama, it's fun and cute and heart whelming!! :wub: 

This is not only a School 2015 reunion but also a CITT reunion, with CITT's lazy sunbae being a part of the weightlifting team. Guess he was cast before he even decided to get back into his old lean shape. 

Nam Joo Hyun isn't particularly pretty here compared to his previous roles as Big, Euntaekkie and Baekha. It must be because his strong eyebrows are prominently seen. However, I do commend him for his acting except for his awkward smiles. Actually, the trio and him do not seem to be acting at all. I find their line delivery mimicking natural conversation. It must be that they feel relaxed, nonchalantly carrying the weight of the ratings battle. 

And Bok-Joo and I wear our hooded jackets the same. I do it even at work, so the higher-ups are sometimes embarrassed when they see me. 

2 hours ago, sakura2016 said:

Hi everyone!! :) I checked on this drama because of Nam Joo Hyuk who I loved as 13th prince Baek Ah and I'm loving him here as well!! he's soooooo cute and adorable!! :D:wub: 

Joon Hyuk: "no, I won't come"..."I don't want to" that was sooooooooo cute!! :wub: 

hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh sorry but she warned you!! :lol: 

I'm really loving and enjoying the drama, it's fun and cute and heart whelming!! :wub: 

Good morning / evening everyone.  @sakura2016, it seems we have the same favourite scene. :D At that particular moment, JH (Joo-Hyuk / Joon-Hyung) was acting like a kid and served him right to get hit by BJ :D.  However, after seeing her interaction with her father and had a meal at her father's place, he was not teasing her as he used to before.  

I love the optimist BJ and agree that she's the person who brighten up everyone's life.  Starting from how she could even laugh after the impact of someone falling on her literally, wow... I love her character.  She does have her own life obstacles, but the way she faced them so far .... I love it.

Hi everyone.. I just finished watch 2 episode, interesting and cute romcom :wub:  Love their gaze at the swimming pool on ep 2

Actually, i already waiting this drama when the teaser was released. But after MLSHR ended, i still cant move on..have a withdrawal syndrome hahaha.. So have conflict with myself to decide watch now or later when i already move on from MLSHR bc now I still like rewatch that drama again. BUT the temptation is soo bigg.. Hahaha.. The highlight video,spoiler..and then of course Baek Ah aka NAM JOO HYUK aka Jung Joon Hyung and Lee Sung Kyung is one of my fav actor/actress. Compare with the other drama that have the same slot and have popular actor/actress, honestly, i dont put my interest on it. Dont know why, maybe i am not a big fans of LMH and the teaser, i dont see the chemistry CMIIW :P

And For the rating, i never care about it,as long i love the story,acting,chemistry so be it. Like MLSHR that have low rating at SK, compare to Moonlight. I dont care. For me MLSHR much better. So back to the topic like weightlifting, compare first 2 episode have lower rating but the story is sooo interesting and it was worth waiting for ;)

FIGHTING WFKBJ!

Sorry 4 the Long Post Chingu :D

@Yongzura Wave to you my chingu!! balloons smileyI had noticed that you were watching it and I gave it a try. red crabI've finally managed to watch the second episode today and I really like the story. crazy monkeyThanks for the indirect recommendation. panda BJ is an interesting character, not the typical female lead: no damsel in distress, no shy but beautiful poor woman but more a tomboy with a lot of friends.  She is strong and confident but she doesn't see herself as a woman, only as a weightlifter until she meets JH's brother. On the other hand, I can sense that there won't be a love triangle, but a love square in my opinion. As for our handsome but bad;) JH, I really feel sorry for him for many reasons. It appears that he has been adopted and his biological mother left him behind therefore from my point of view, he is caught in the past and he can't move on. Why do I believe that he is a past-oriented person?

- The handkerchief: he has never watched it and I guess, it had the smell of his mother

- He is keeping the postcards his biological mother sent him

- The way he treats BJ after discovering her true identity: he is acting like a child... a boy who likes a girl and in order to show his "admiration and love for her", he teases her. 

- His trauma: it is definitely related to his mother. Notice that his headaches are connected to the words "travel" and "departure". When his competitor was criticising him, he mentioned the possibility of JH to travel with the other famous swimmer. Moreover start is a synonym for "depart" too. Moreover, JH is lying to his brother: he really misses his mother, but rather denied it by mentioning his other mother. So the question is: what happened to his biological mother? To me, she must have died while traveling. 

I have also come to the conclusion that when he met BJ in the past, he was already suffering from the trauma. Notice that he was so nervous during the relay race because he was afraid of his own start. His anxiety caused him to drop the rod and ran into the wrong direction. In my opinion, his mistake was the symptom of his trauma. So since he has been a child, he had this trauma and noone noticed it. I am surprised that his brother has just asked him now to see a doctor... I guess that the break-up with the ex-girlfriend must have been a huge blow for JH. It might also be the trigger why the trauma resurfaced: he has huge abandonment issues. 

12 hours ago, Yongzura said:

Good morning / evening everyone.  @sakura2016, it seems we have the same favourite scene. :D At that particular moment, JH (Joo-Hyuk / Joon-Hyung) was acting like a kid and served him right to get hit by BJ :D.  However, after seeing her interaction with her father and had a meal at her father's place, he was not teasing her as he used to before.  

I love the optimist BJ and agree that she's the person who brighten up everyone's life.  Starting from how she could even laugh after the impact of someone falling on her literally, wow... I love her character.  She does have her own life obstacles, but the way she faced them so far .... I love it.

hhhhhhhhhhhhhhh yes I agree with you!! he's cute and all but you get to have your punishment when you act naughty!! :P:lol: I actually loved how he started showing his caring side toward her and not only the naughty/teasing side from the moment he wanted to make her have some rest after delivering the chicken to them only in got backfired on him and he was so sweet to walk all that distance to make up for his mistake and pay for his ordered delivery!! and everything he did after that was purely sweeteness!! awww I love seeing him thoughtful and caring toward the people he cares about (aka Bok Joo) and it shows his true kind nature other than the playful teasing self he showed her so far!! :wub:

yes she's a strong and kind girl and I'm happy to see that she have great friends around her to chear her up when she's stressed!! and now our girl will start see herself as a girl which would be fun and interesting!! :D when she started her crush over Joon Hyung's cousin I was screaming "NO NOT HIM!! :(" but it's part of her and Joon Hyung's journey so I'll go with it and let's see how they'll reach their goals and realise their true feelings!! :D 

Archived